May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 10/15

Re: Weekly Randoms - 10/15

• Options
    @poshspice I didn’t realize at the time, but months later I was looking at our newborn pics and realized how crazy my eyes look! They are so puffy and ringed with purple! I asked my BFF about it and she was like yeah I didn’t want to say at the time...hahaha I guess they’re an honest look at life with a new baby 😂

• Options
    @liliumstargazer13 a variation of DD1’s name was the third most popular name the year she was born. We doomed her to a life of never being able to find pencils and bookmarks and necklaces with her exact name on them. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes for looking terrible after giving birth! I had friends visit in the hospital 4 days later and they were like “you look ROUGH” and only stayed for maybe 10 mins, haha. I don’t know how Kate Middleton did it. It’s also a little sad they had to get out and do a function immediately, but I guess that is just a part of the life.
  • Options
    @lappymom2019 it's such BS. Whenever one of our senior execs gets forced out, they send these ridiculous memos: "so-and-so and I have been talking for the last several months about his/her career aspirations, and he/she has decided to pursue other opportunities..." how about just say they're moving on? Do we really believe you sat in your office for months discussing how this person wants to leave?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I rly wanted to get a donut on the way to work today, but there are no donut places on the way to my work and I'm still thinking about donuts and I'm very very sad. And hungry. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 I hope you can get a donut. That's awful. My coworkers were talking about those soft pretzels and now I want one so badly, but alas, I have celiac and I don't know of any gluten free ones.
  • Options

I know I looked pretty shitty after both my births, but I think I could have faked it pretty well after my first if I had a team come in to do my hair and make up. With my second, I lost a lot of blood, which meant I was soooo pale for almost a month after and I had so little energy I could barely stand. I think it will depend a lot on the type of birth Meghan has.

• Options
    oops. Wasn't today supposed to be the bump blackout :lol:
    I failed already.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @k2k2tog It should be mandatory that you get a hair and makeup team after delivery. And a magic wand to zap away the weight! Having to go in the night before to be induced and not having DS until the next evening did absolutely no favors for me. 😂 

@sleepy33 Hope you find a donut! 
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz Congratulations!!! That’s such exciting news!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz Congratulations! So exciting! 

So an insurance question for those that understand it because I don’t at all. I got an $800 bill from my ob’s office, so I called today, and they said it’s the charge for my  pregnancy/delivery/postpartum care because I have a $600 deductible. Does this sound normal being charged up front? With my son in 2016, we paid their office after he was born. I think our insurance policy may have changed some, but I was not expecting this. Also with open enrollment coming up, should I add my own health insurance to use as a secondary policy? I’ve always just been on my husband’s insurance. Any advice? 
  • Options
    zuuls_momzuuls_mom member
    edited October 2018
    @lovelybabybumpz congrats!! It’s so exciting that we already get to find out the sex! I should know in about a week. Eek!! 

I took a sick sick day today because I’ve felt like ass all week and I’m just over it. I need to rest. I wish I had someone to bring me food so I didn’t have to leave my bed.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @lovelybabybumpz congrats!! Are you maybe the first of us to learn the sex? I will know by the end of the month.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy13
    I might be! It feels so strange to know the sex and all the genetic testing before I've even announced to the world at large (I'm 11+3 with EDD 5/4). So different than my last pregnancy. 
    @megsb615
    Thank you!
    @zuuls_mom
    I was so surprised that I got my results a week to the day they drew my blood. I felt for sure that it would take 2 agonizing weeks. You will find out so soon! <3
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    megsb615 said:
    @lovelybabybumpz Congratulations! So exciting! 

So an insurance question for those that understand it because I don’t at all. I got an $800 bill from my ob’s office, so I called today, and they said it’s the charge for my  pregnancy/delivery/postpartum care because I have a $600 deductible. Does this sound normal being charged up front? With my son in 2016, we paid their office after he was born. I think our insurance policy may have changed some, but I was not expecting this. Also with open enrollment coming up, should I add my own health insurance to use as a secondary policy? I’ve always just been on my husband’s insurance. Any advice? 
    Paging @poshspice who I think is an insurance guru...
    I'm not sure why you're paying $800 though, if your deductible is $600...shouldn't you just pay the deductible? My OB last go round had an amount they estimated I'd have to pay, and I started making payments during pregnancy and beyond, and then they adjusted the total after he was born (it got adjusted higher bc he was a c section). I want to say my deductible was like $2500 and so that's what I had to pay, but they let me make payments. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz ahhh, congratulations! And yes, it's so strange to me that you can find out the sex so early. Here in Ontario, that kind of genetic testing isn't offered so the fact that you guys south of us can find out the sex without an ultrasound is amazing to me.

• Options
    @sleepy33 I was thinking the same thing as to why we would pay $800 rather than $600 for the deductible. I guess we  need to call our insurance and find out more. The billing lady did say they would have me do 5 payments rather than paying it all at once, and they would adjust the amount afterwards if insurance paid more or less. So I guess this isn’t completely out of the norm. 
  • Options
    megsb615 said:
    @sleepy33 I was thinking the same thing as to why we would pay $800 rather than $600 for the deductible. I guess we  need to call our insurance and find out more. The billing lady did say they would have me do 5 payments rather than paying it all at once, and they would adjust the amount afterwards if insurance paid more or less. So I guess this isn’t completely out of the norm. 
    My only thought is maybe the extra $200 is your copay amount per office visit multiplied by their estimated number of visits? The billing dept at your OB should be able to tell you exactly what those charges are and give you an itemized breakdown. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @megsb615 I'm thinking the same as what @sleepy33 said. $600 was the deductible and then there was a $200 charge after that. If it's open enrollment time, I would suggest getting a plan where the deductible is lower. I did this last year before having DD. It's more per month but the deductible was significantly lower, making those big costs not hurt as bad.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @sleepy33 That could be it. The statement they sent me was about as clear as mud. I thought the $800 was for my initial pregnancy confirmation visit and about stroked out. Husband did upgrade our insurance but that won’t kick in until January, so I’m not even sure if that’ll make a difference unless they wait and resubmit everything for us. Adulting sucks. 
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz congrats!!! The genetic testing they can do now is so amazing, I am blown away by it!

@megsb615 TOTALLY agree hair and makeup should be included in a post-labor hospital stay. Speaking of insurance, can we bill for that? haha I wish. My best friend had an induction so she did her hair and makeup that morning, had a super fast labor and looked like a freakin' model afterwards. That was NOT me lol.

DH and I both cried watching the Parent Trap on TV last night. When Natasha Richardson realizes the girl who came home from camp is actually Hallie and not Annie....*sob* kids and parents should be together!! I mean, I have pregnancy hormones to blame but what's DH's excuse?! He's a big softie. Also - I LOVE that movie. It holds up 20 (!!) years later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yayyyyyyy @lovelybabybumpz !!! I guessed wrong haha. 

I missed the blackout post yesterday and already logged in, so no turning back. Oopsie poopsie

• Options
    @bluesky24 I need to ask my dr if he’d let me come in early that morning rather than the night before.I think that’d definitely help me out a little bit. Maybe my body will actually dilate some on its own this time, and it won’t take so long! I just felt dumb asking husband to hold a mirror for me so I could do my makeup since I was confined to the bed. However, this time around if I have to go in the night before, I will have no shame and get dolled up the best I can. 😂 
  • Options
    @bluesky24 agreed on the parent trap! One of my favorites!
  • Options
    Has anyone ever gotten maternity underwear/can recommend a brand? My belly kind of flops over now after having DS, so my normally comfy high waisted underwear are now cutting me weird so it looks like my blump has a roll in the middle.
  • Options
    @spaceburger I think I've guessed wrong on almost all of them :tongue:
    What are maternity underwear? They must go over the belly right? otherwise they'd just be regular underwear. I'm intrigued.
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    The only Parent Trap I will watch is starring one Hayley Mills, forever and ever, amen. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz Some go over the belly, but others just ride suuuuuper low like where an over belly band would start.

@DressageDarling I don't have any recommendations, but I've been looking for some myself (didn't use them the first two times but this time my regular underwear is feeling weird) and there seems like there are good deals on Amazon.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @spaceburger I think I've guessed wrong on almost all of them :tongue:
    What are maternity underwear? They must go over the belly right? otherwise they'd just be regular underwear. I'm intrigued.
    Under the belly is what I’m looking at but they also make the kind that are like full panel maternity pants. I wear high waisted to keep everything in so it’s getting weird looking with the bump. 

@imrachellea I saw some good deals on there as well! I may just order some random ones and see how it goes!
  • Options
    @megsb615 Do you have coinsurance?  I have to pay about $800 over time to my OB and that entails a $575 deductible and 10% co-insurance on the remaining set doctor fee.  Hope you get if figured out - insurance is the worst!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    sleepy33 said:
    The only Parent Trap I will watch is starring one Hayley Mills, forever and ever, amen. 
    Miss Bliss! haha
  • Options
    Can I use you guys as my google today? I need a 101 on British Royalty.
    I was reading an article (about Pippa's baby) and was like who are these people because they were referring to them by their titles and not their real names.
    Why is Kate the Duchess of Cambridge? and why are Harry and Megan the Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Did I even get that right? I feel like they're in the same family shouldn't they be Dukes and Duchesses over the same area? Or is it based on where they currently reside?
    Feel free to tell me get familiar with google, but I know a lot of people love talking about this stuff.
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz I'm confused about that too. Thanks for asking! Hopefully we can have someone school us on this!

On another note, I'm currently luck enough to have not needed to use a hack for clothes yet or need maternity clothes yet as of 8w2d. However, I'm totally obsessing over maternity clothes and though I don't look forward to spending the money, I am looking forward to getting to wear some of these cute clothes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@dressagedarling I've only ever done regular rise underwear and they've been fine for me during both pregnancies. They sit right below the bump. But I'm walmart underwear cheap, so, while I'll spend money on maternity clothes, underwear seem too expensive for only ~ 7 months of wear.

@sleepy33 100% agree.

• Options
    I believe their title has to do with land they've inherited/been given by the queen, though these days, I think the title is more symbolic than anything else. They may be involved in the government of those particular areas, in the same way that the queen is involved in the government of England.