May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 10/15

Re: Weekly Randoms - 10/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @k2k2tog @secicc12 I'm irrationally excited for another royal baby! That was quick, no? They just got married in May? Their child will be beyond gorgeous I'm sure.

So bummed it's Monday, too @lappymom2019. I want to crawl right back into bed, it's rainy and chilly here. Gross. I'm having the hardest time concentrating at work, and I have a volunteer obligation tonight that I am dying to skip. Argh - Mondays!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bluesky24 it was quick, but I'm not really surprised. Karen and Will were similarly quick - April wedding and December baby announcement. I think because heirs are so important in the British royal family, there’s probably a bit of a push to get right on the baby making. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @chloe97 the tabloids actually already did a story about her and Kate having twins together due the same month or some crap lol. That couldn't have been more than just a couple months after the wedding. 
  • Options
    +1 for baby shortly after getting married! We were married in May and pregnant in November. Major baby fever.

@eatinwatermelonseeds I totally remember the 'Kate's having twins' tabloids. Where do they come up with this stuff?

@chloe97 Totally agree - I'm sure everyone will not only judge her entire pregnancy, but compare her to Kate the whole time too. Can't be easy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited for the new royal baby too! Kate had George just a few months after I had my DD and I remember it was so fun following along with her while I was pregnant. Also, automatic potential for celeb crushes and royal marriages for our littles lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @georgiagirl1230 it's also kind of fun being pregnant with a cool celeb! With DD I was pregnant while Kate was pregnant with Louis. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    And Kate didn't announce her pregnancy for over a year after she and William got married. I can only imagine the pressure and scrutiny, plus she had to deal with awful morning sickness that the world had to know about. Oh and she had to wear high heels and pose for pics like 5 hours after giving birth. It's a very glamorous life but those reasons alone make it seem so awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually posted Prince Harry as my celebrity crush @k2k2tog so I'm there with you!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I was also excited to see the royal baby news this morning!  I loved the royal weddings, and totally geek out over royal babies.  I wondered the same thing as @peachy13, though - as someone who had trouble TTC my first, I can't imagine being in the public eye with people speculating about it.  I saw somewhere she'd already had her 12-week scan (not sure how true it is, of course), so I'm guessing she's due in April.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited October 2018
    @peachy13 I bet if they have trouble conceiving they are provided whatever resources they need very quickly.  

You know Kate had mesh panties on under all that glam and probably collapsed in the car.

I am super excited about about a royal baby too!!
  • Options
    I was exited to hear Meghan is pregnant. I never used to keep up with the royal family but after visiting England that has changed! We are hoping to go back in two years and I would love to tour Windsor Castle this time. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    DD2 is home sick today as she has a nasty cough. I’m secretly glad because I am enjoying all the cuddles, and we have done nothing all morning. I miss them when they are at school and when both girls are together it’s non stop bickering. It’s nice to just have some one on one time even if she is sick. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @secicc12 We were also married and May and pregnant in November. It wasn't the original plan but we got back from the honeymoon and I was like "okay, that was fun but nothing changed."

I would think they're due in April but I wonder if they had to wait to announce until after that royal wedding on Friday. My other BMB thought this timing was kind of thunder-stealing but I'm thinking she could be further than 12 weeks and needed to announce ASAP after the wedding but not before it.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I'm working from home today, but I don't have a lot of work that NEEDS to get done today so I am slacking. I already took a nap at lunch, but really could go for another one this afternoon. I wonder if there is a way to set up my outlook and skype so that if I get a message from one of my bosses my computer sets off an alarm loud enough to wake me up. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 lol fellow WFH'er here - I love that idea. I am trying to find some kind of contraption that'll move my mouse around at regular intervals when I'm away from my desk. So my IM status will still read "available" and I can nap. If you come up with some kind of automated alarm, I'd be interested to hear ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sitting at my glucose appointment and trying not to hurl this drink back up. 🤢
  • Options
    @kvh22 not sure her source but my coworker told me that they announced to the family during Eugenie's wedding. oof
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy13 @kvh22 I do feel like they could've waited a few more days to announce...not like the tabloids weren't going crazy with speculation already. Poor Eugenie. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sitting at my glucose appointment and trying not to hurl this drink back up. 🤢
    Oh my goodness, you're doing a glucose test so early?!?! I am sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @spaceburger That drink is the worst.  Hope you pass!
  • Options
    @merrylea Yea, that's the worst part of doing it early is I'm still so nauseous  :(:#  I think they're doing it early this time because I had a huge baby last time? I didn't have GD last time, but was close. Maybe the doc is thinking they didn't catch it? Not sure, but glad it's over

• Options
    Thanks @fatmonica ! I think big babies are just in my genes and hopefully not because of GD

• Options
    I might be the odd ball that could see the timeline of Kate appearing with the baby fine if everything went smoothly during delivery. With my first, it was a 40 hour labor, half of which I had the epidural, I got an infection that passed to her, she was in the NICU, and I was in rough shape and couldn't stand on my own or shower until two days after she was born. But with my second, it was an uncomplicated 8 hour labor, 5 minutes of pushing, and I was up on my feet within an hour. Within 12 hours I was showered, hair and makeup done, and felt great.

I believe Kate used hypno-birthing techniques for at least George, I imagine if that that went well there's a good chance she felt pretty good. I know it's all relative, but she had a team of people caring for her inside and the appearance was maybe five minutes. Given her position, I honestly don't think it phased her much.
  • Options
    @chloe97 I often wish for the same alarm! Or at least different dings for different people messaging me so I knew who they were from!
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom Aw that's cute!  My good friend and I were up at our college for an alumni weekend during the first royal wedding, we definitely stockpiled our favorite food from near campus and got up at crazy o'clock to watch it.  It was so fun!  And I agree on the photos aspect - even our newborn photos 11 days after DD was born were so tough to get ready for, I can't imagine shortly after birth like that.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @secicc12 +2 for quickly after marriage! My husband and I got married in April this year and got pregnant in August. 🤷🏽‍♀️ No regrets, what so ever.
  • Options
    Good call, @secicc12, on the name popularity. I accidentally named DD one of the top 5 most popular names for her birth year, so I don't want to make that mistake again. 

DD is currently alternating between a cup of milk and one of lemonade. She O's blissfully happy, but it's making me want to throw up. 
  • Options
    zuuls_mom said:
    I love that the majority of the randoms is dedicated to the royal baby! You are all my people. My BMB with DS had a thread where everyone posted about the wedding. We all got up at like 4am to watch it "together" and it was so fun! I love that we'll get to follow her pregnancy along with ours. And yeah, I also hate that they have to be photographed looking so perfect hours after having a baby. It's so cruel IMO. Take a photo of the baby or one of her holding it from the comfort of her bed. 
    Yeah I still looked like crap 2 days after DD was born. My face was so swollen and puffy for at least two weeks! I look awful in her hospital photos! Even my nose was swollen! 
    Ticker