October 2018 Moms
Options

AW - Anatomy Scan

123457»

Re: AW - Anatomy Scan

• Options
    cuteasaduttoncuteasadutton member
    edited June 2018
    @drb2424 Thanks so much. Sorry you’re waiting for answers and appointments also. I’m just attempting to stay busy and  as calm and healthy as I can since there really isn’t anything else I can do... You and your situation will be in my thoughts! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    erysapplepieerysapplepie member
    edited June 2018
    Stupid bump won’t let me post my photo!!! Or any emojis!!
  • Options
    I'm glad you got good news and feel more relaxed @drb2424

• Options
    @arome2311 I hope everything comes back okay! 
  • Options
    @jandmnumber1 often the anatomy scan is the last ultrasound, unless you are high risk or the think baby may be large/small for dates. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jennybean80 I don’t fit in to either of those categories right now. So I will go with Team pink as we could definitely see three lines between the legs. And there was no sign/glimpse of a penis
  • Options
    @jandmnumber1 I don't think I'm considered high risk either, but I do have another scan at the MFM office at 32 weeks to check growth because I have hypothyroidism. So far, baby was good though  :)
  • Options
    I think it depends on your dr. I know of some that will do another scan if you really want to know the sex, but it might not be covered.
  • Options
    bel194bel194 member
    @jandmnumber1 fwiw, they couldn't tell was DD was during the AS, but we saw 3 lines and no penis so they also guessed girl and she came out a girl. I'm convinced that we just got a crabby tech. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Options
    My doctor does another scan at 34 weeks to guestimate size
  • Options
    Oh FYI I live in Canada I definitely know another scan wouldn’t be covered unless if the doctor wanted to see baby again.  I also live in a small town so booking a 3D ultrasound is not an option. We will just go with the doctors original guess and just be glad that we have a healthy baby. I can’t wait for October now :)
  • Options
    @jandmnumber1 I’m a Canuck too (Edmonton) :smile:
  • Options
    Ugh that's frustrating :( I start getting growth scans at 28 weeks. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I only have another one at 28 weeks to check placenta location bc it was too close to cervix during AS (for regular delivery) ...I’m not sure how much baby I’ll get to see. 
  • Options
    I think it depends on your DR. My office does a 37w ultrasound because mostninsurances cover 3 ultrasounds. So with my first two I got a third ultrasound at 37w. They basically look at baby’s position and size. In my case both babies were measuring over 8lbs at that point lol and the tech was spot on with sizes! This time around I’ll be getting a third ultrasound at 32 Weeks I think...a little earlier bc they see I have a low lying placenta. They weren’t concerned about it but since I’m planning a vaginal delivery they have to make sure it’s not PP at that stage.