June 2018 Moms

Randoms • w/o 3/26

Re: Randoms • w/o 3/26

• @2589 Glad everything is okay. Hope that pesky cervix complies for the next two months. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @2589 Glad your cervix is still closed up tight! Keep that babe cooking :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaceyBee522 Did you only
    order one? I don’t think anyone else would get a turn on it because I’d be obsessed. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @LaceyBee522 I saw that when they were on shark tank!! It’s so cool. Have fun at the game tomorrow too - even if you won’t be rooting for the Mets ;)

@2588 Yay for a closed cervix!! 

@profmcgonagall Definitely try to stay positive! I hope you’re able to find stuff to occupy your time. I know I would go crazy too. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @2589 - Yay for the good news!
  • profmcgonagall  do you have anyone that can sit with you to keep you company and try to keep your mind occupied by other things?
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @profmcgonagall my tailbone started hurting this week just from the way I have been sitting/ laying down lately- so I can't imagine being on bedrest.  Good luck!  Hopefully you will find some stuff to keep you occupied (are you crafty at all- I know other bed-resting mommas did projects for the nursery/baby or just for around their homes).  Try not to think about something bad happening (easier said than done) and focus on finding all of the crazies on the other BMBs to watch for us.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• katelynrae86katelynrae86 member
    edited March 2018
    @profmcgonagall So sorry you're stuck on bedrest! Hopefully its just what baby needs to stay put for a few more months. Time for some good books, Netflix, or as @jsl82 said, creep on the other BMBs and report back ;)
  • @profmcgonagall I feel you! It’s hard wondering and not knowing. Hopefully the time passes quickly for you, yet slowly enough for baby to grow, grow, grow! Read some good books and hang out and chat with us here. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmurdock925, unfortunately not a whole lot of people due to us being overseas. My closest friend’s husband is about to deploy for 6 months so she will probably come over once he’s gone but I’m not bothering her for now. 

@jsl82, I am not crafty in the slightest. I do have some coloring books left over from my c section and a list of books to read. 
    My goal for the next week is to wash baby clothes and prep all my cloth diapers just in case he does come soon. I know I won’t want to do that once he’s born and possibly in the NICU.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @dinodna3 I legit considered getting more than one. However, I restrained myself. I think I'll have to do a few before people get here, so I can have it all to myself. 

@profmcgonagall Ugh, sorry you're on bed rest! I didn't realize that. It sounds like you've got your time planned out well, at least. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @profmcgonagall I hope bedrest helps keep him inside for as long as possible.  While I sometimes think bedrest sounds great in theory (while I'm in the midst of dealing with work drama), I think it would be hard to be so limited.  If you want book / movie suggestions, let us know!

• Happy birthday, @2589!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 Happy Birthday! That cake looks sooooo yummy. Have a wonderful day and may your cervix remain closed for as long as you would like!
  • @2589 can you please share your address so I can come get some of that cake? 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • @2589 happy birthday! Enjoy your big weekend!
  • @2589 ughhhh now I want chocolate cake so bad!! Happy birthday!!! 
  • @2588 Happy Birthday!!! That cake looks amazing! 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woohoo another Cubs fan! My Cubs stuff doesn't fit me in the slightest so I had to settle for a blue maternity shirt for opening day...still counts right?
  • @jsl82 I sure hope you get to really enjoy your child-free night! Soak your poor feet and maybe you can talk YH into a massage? 
  • @profmcgonagall hang in there! DH and my mom brought the lazy boy downstairs for me this week and it’s made resting so much more comfortable so I hope you have something like that to relax in. Some ideas for you- puzzles- adult coloring or maze books- crochet/knitting/paint by number. Hang in there!!! 
    @2589 happy birthday your cake looks delish!! 
  • Boo Cubs! Go Cardinals!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @momac1919 most definitely still counts! This hoodie was pushing it but everything else was a stretched out crop top look. Not cute! Last year we got these amazing seats, next to the pink hat guys, for free. Hookup of a lifetime.  All I kept saying was that I think I'm gonna pee myself. And then when Baez turned and looked when he was warming up...one of the best moments ever *swoon* Before we settled on a name, my bf was like, we can just call him Javy Baez Jr, that'll make you happy.  :dizzy:

@LaceyBee522 I know, I know. Serious rivalry. We went to opening day last year in St Louis when it was Cubs vs Cards. That city is amazing for baseball. I give them kudos for that, but still, go cubbiesssss. Still love ya girl.  :#

@sunshineandwhiskey awww what great pictures!  Phew on that drive!  We are about 40 minutes from the ball park, so I can't complain. Parking is atrocious though because the whole 2 mile radius around it is Cubs central. I would definitely need to get dropped off while he parked. 
  • @amys614 Thanks! We went to a cubs game when we did a cross country road trip (3 years??) ago now, and it was CRAZY!  It was a weekday game, during the day, and you would've thought people didn't have jobs haha 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @amys614 @sunshineandwhiskey and @LaceyBee522 your baseball conversion has me thinking about DH's upcoming birthday.  He's friends are coming to the Philly area (where we live- they live in NY state not the city) and they are going to a concert and a Phillies game.  I said I would go to the game with the kids, but wouldn't be apart from my 1 month old for a concert (and I'm not bringing him).  Do you think 1 month old is still too young for a baseball game?  We brought DD at 5 months and she cried every time the crowd cheered.  Just worried about the crowd and noise- but don't want to miss his whole birthday weekend.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @amys614 @LaceyBee522 boo cubs and cards, go brew crew! It's our time now!
  • @jsl82 IMO at that age, I would say go for it esp if you could baby wear.  The only thing that would worry me would be heat, and germs.  I was always told to bring a newborn/baby around as many noises as possible that way they work on their startle reflex, and then every little noise doesn't piss them off/scare them.
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 I am so scared of being hit by a baseball. Once a girl behind us got it right in the face/nose. It was awful. Now, I'm pretty cautious about where we sit. Freaks me out. 
  • @Amphibious22 I hate baseball. Boring AF. Long AF. Nope nope nope. 
  • I love baseball! It's so nostalgic to me though and holds great sentiment. I remember summer nights as a kid drifting to sleep listening to Bob Uecker calling a brewers game. We already have a radio in the nursery tuned to the AM station they play the games on for background noise for LO. Yep, I'm a sappy, emotional mess lol.