June 2018 Moms

Randoms • w/o 3/26

Re: Randoms • w/o 3/26

• Re: annoying toddler shows 
    I joined the Disney Movie Club just so we wouldn't have to watch crappy toddler shows anymore. It kind of worked. Then we ended up dropping cable and now the kids are limited to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon. 
    DS would watch Disney movies all day, DD, not so much. 
    We're working on taking turns picking movies though, so I at least get some decent movies, lol.
  • @momac1919 lol lol yes “Mama do it!” And pulls me out of the chair too... our toddlers are soul sisters  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @laceybee522 I'm sorry about the apartment!  
  • @LaceyBee522 - Man, you're not having any good luck with apartments.  :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited March 2018
    @LaceyBee522 gosh girl I wanted to hear the good news! Well good luck on lucky 11th!
  • @LaceyBee522 Dammit dude, do you not realize this lady is expecting and love these apts!? I'd say to go hormone rage on him, but you're locked in now ;)
    Yay 11th floor :)
  • @LaceyBee522 Simultaneous yay and not yay?

+1 on the annoying toddler shows. I am really over PJ Masks and Mickey and the Roadster Racers. Both kids really like Vampirina and Puppy Dog Pals and luckily, they haven't gotten on my nerves yet. 
  • As far as shows go, we've been through phases of all of them. The worst thing right now is that DS1 (almost 5) is moving away from toddler shows and wants to watch Transformers, Power Rangers, and other shows for bigger kids.  DS2 (3.5) throws a fit over it and wants to watch Team Umizoomi (Amazon Prime), TreeFuTom (Hulu) or other shows that DS1 has outgrown.  When they can't agree, the TV is turned off and they both have to find something else to do.  It's been working well as the TV is off more and they're actually finding things to play together.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • I've been able to convince them to watch Super Why a lot lately, which I like because it's educational lol. Plus it helps DS with letter sounds. 
  • @LaceyBee522 dang the luck!  I'm sure the 11th floor is lovely. Side note--bridesmaids is one of my favorite movies. So funny. 
  • Anyone else’s feet taking a major beating this pregnancy? I can no longer paint my toes myself, so I am getting a pedicure this weekend (so I can have cute toes for my shower the following weekend). However the bottom of my feet are so rough with callouses and such, that I just ordered one of those pedi perfect thing to try to take care of that a little before the pedicure. I’ve never had this problem before. 
  • My feet are horrible @BurlapandLace.  Swollen, calloused, and they smell (sorry if that's TMI).  My feet always expand either by width or half a shoe size during pregnancy.  I'm pretty sure my arches are falling.  I'm a hot mess.

First Son - born 2013
  • @LaceyBee522 yay? I mean at least you're finally locked into something. And if you get bitter about the extra $50/mo just stomp extra loud on your 10th floor neighbors!  :p

@BurlapandLace my feet are very callousy. I mean they tend to be with working on my feet all the time, but it's definitely gotten worse. I'm almost embarrassed when I go out of the house in flip flops. Probably should commit to a pedicure too. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @LaceyBee522 I wish it wasn’t going to cost more than you were looking for, but very glad to hear you’ll be in a place you love the layout of and other amenities! Congrats!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @momac1919 @2589 I think every kid is required to go through the mickey/toodles/hotdog song phase. DS was obsessed as a toddler. he's 5 now and doesn't watch Disney anymore, just sprout/universal kids. BUT we have a handful of mickeys saved on the DVR from years ago that we aren't allowed to delete and he still asks for them. That's the same with Umizoomi from nick... which they barely play anymore so I reeeeally can't delete those!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 -- Umizoomi's first two seasons are free via Amazon Prime if you have that option!  My youngest has been obsessed for literally a year and a half.  I wish there were more than 4 seasons of the show as I've seen them all way too many times.

First Son - born 2013
  • @mytinc I did see that! I went to put them on and he got distracted by a dino show lol. but I need to show them to him again cause I can probably recite every umi we have word for word. Our dvr is so old and needs replaced but because of these mickeys and umi episodes, we don't want to do it. cause what if amazon gets rid of them also!

• I haven’t tried Disney junior in the morning but I do find that Mickey clubhouse show really annoying too lol. 

• I can recite all 3 seasons of Peppa Pig. DH thinks it's weird I pay that much attention.  We are also team Pocoyo, Little Baby Bum, Word Party, Paw Patrol, Lottie Dottie Chicken and of course I discovered Sid the Science Kid, a mere 10 days before Netflix takes it off (in Canada).  DD also loves Chicken Run, the movie.  Not much else, although we try and start a new show with her every few weeks. DH and I have both decided Max and Ruby are the most annoying in the rotation and we skip it every time we can. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • DS is all about Blaze and the Monster Machines currently. DD is obsessed with Octonauts and Umizoomi. Luckily all three of those are not too annoying but then again I won’t let them watch something if it annoys me. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @doxiemoxie212 - The kids throw a fit if DH tries to watch football -which is the only thing he ever tries to watch on TV.  We haven't been able to follow sports for almost 5 years now.  :(

First Son - born 2013
  • Hahaha that's a typical guy...and he can watch whatever he wants for like the first year and then he no longer controls the tv. On top of Disney Jr, we watched the grinch about 75 times in December before I told DD we forgot it at my parents house so we don't have to watch it again until next Christmas, so now we've watch cars about 112 times. And even though DH complains to me about not watching his shows anymore, she has him so wrapped around her finger he doesn't care as much as he puts on...and watching cars or puppy pals again is totally worth it if it means keeping your sanity
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited March 2018
    I have a question that will probably paint me as a very naive FTM. Would it even be in the realm of possibilities to set the kids up on an iPad to watch their shows and MH and I can watch what we want on the "grown up" TV? I know they say to "limit screen time," but if they're already watching TV, then what's the harm of moving them to an iPad? 

ETA: I'm asking because that's what I'd like to do, if I can. Not because I'm critiquing anyone here! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We don't watch kid shows all day - we often switch it to (appropriate) adult shows and the kids play and get over it (much fussing first lol). DH does get upset that I won't let him watch inappropriate shows  (rated MA), but he knows the reasoning.

• @May14th2011 That's so exciting!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm pretty excited. Friend and I have been trying to make plans since I saw her last in February, and finally able to lock down a date :)
    We're doing lunch and nails. I'm doing mani/pedi and she's just doing mani. She opted out of pedi since "it's not sandal season yet"
    I laughed and said I can't reach my toes, so I'll just splurge and do it lmao Also by the time it's sandal season, it may not be ideal time to get a pedi lol
  • @laceybee522 I don't see why you couldn't do that if thats what works for you guys. DS really doesn't sit and watch a show straight through unless he's eating. normally he's playing.. walking past.. watching a part... plays some more. So if we want to turn off his shows, he gets over it quick for the most part. When he gets his tablet, he's usually bouncing around youtube and will sit for that.
  • LaceyBee522 - yay for at least locking in the 11th floor! You'll be happy there and will find the extra cash somewhere. 

We are all about anything Disney right now...but also Frosty.  There is a serious frosty obsession...we had it kicked for a while, but my MIL revived it the past few days by letting her watch...soooo back to Frosty.  meh

• @May14th2011 so exciting!! That's my due date so maybe our babies will be birthday twins!
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @LaceyBee522 it's definitely doable...and you can do it and still limit screen time. We watch cartoons from breakfast through lunch (and it's really more watch for a minute or two in between playing) then after our afternoon nap we don't do tv and try to leave the house to do something or stay in the playroom and then let her watch a show or two after dinner. We limit anything too mature until after she goes to bed...but it's how we've been able to watch some march madness. I know a lot of moms say "I'll never do..." but as a STM I know you never say never, because you're definitely going to break your own rules pretty quick.
  • Although beware if you do give an iPad, be prepared to hear uh oh a million and one times when they accidentally hit a button and turn off their show...