August 2018 Moms
Options

Names you actually want opinions on

Re: Names you actually want opinions on

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2
    I love Dominic, what a great name! 
    I love Michele too, love the French vibe. I’d only be worried that people would confuse with Michelle as that’s fairly common here but Michele is not.
    Not a fan of Shaugnessy as for me that is strictly a surname (and where I’m from we actually pronounce it shock-ness-ee, not that that matters in the US!)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rocknrollmom  ask and you shall receive!

MrBubbles’ picks for boy names:
    Dominic Adonis
    Michele (mee-shell)
    Shaughnessy (Sean-a-see)
    I know there are more, I’ll update when I remember

@F47 yup love it!
    The guy who started the Pokémon group I play with, his in game name is AdonisAncestors.....all I can think of with Adonis lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ecwk I really like Dominic but DH says it’s a package deal with Adonis. Sigh. Veto.
    @cthulu I tried to tell him that’s an awful lot of name for a kid but he still loves it!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    69mil69mil member
    edited February 2018
    @dirtanddiamonds I know! :s:s  I pretty much have no say there! He says it’s “unique.”  :(

@mrsbubbles-2 thanks!
  • Options
    I like the alliteration of frances farmer (yeahhhh!)! I like that on a girl personally. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @rocknrollmom  ask and you shall receive!

MrBubbles’ picks for boy names:
    Dominic Adonis
    Michele (mee-shell)
    Shaughnessy (Sean-a-see)
    I know there are more, I’ll update when I remember

@F47 yup love it!

Stuck in a box! I’m laughing at Michele because again, Gilmore girls. I absolutely love his character lol

is Shaughnessy a real name?! I’ve never heard of his haha

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ecwk lol that’s what DH said when I told him the name and I’m like wtf are you talking about. Lol. Now I know it’s from stepbrothers! Damn Ferrell! 
  • Options
    @hezzer78 all the Victoria's that I have know have been nicknamed Tori, so I think you could avoid Vicky if you want to! I love Violet and Virginia too. 
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    @69mil

Catalina Wine Mixer is what comes to mind immediately but I don’t think that reference would be made by most people! 
    I think Nora, Isabel and Bernard are all awesome choices!! 
    That’s the first thing I thought of. 
  • Options
    Whew I missed this whole thread while I was down with my migraine today. Catching up...lazy with tags.

@calimom2524 Friends was the first thing I thought of when I saw the "rainy day" name too. Love that show!!

My dad is Greg, and one cousin married a Greg, and now another cousin is dating a Greg. We need to come up with nicknames before it gets confusing!

@missybutler94 I love the name Minnie as well! We are at Disneyland quite often though, so people would 100% think it was because of the mouse. Maybe one day we can name a dog that. 

I loooove the name Ramona. And the books. 

I love Mabel, but yeah it's a little rhymey with Hazel. 

@hezzer78 ooh I like Ansel! But I'm also a photography nerd who loves Ansel Adams. I think it's a unique enough name without being weird. 

Not a fan of Dominic, but that's just because it's one of those names of someone I went to school with who was an asshole :lol:

I adore the name Lorelai and am a big GG fan, but I don't like Rory as a nn and I don't really like "Lor" as one either, so I think that will cross it off the list for me. Plus it's getting more popular and I don't like top 100 names. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @rocknrollmom I love Lydia and Vivian but DH vetoed them both for prior kids...if we have to get another girl name though I may be able to bring them back into the mix!  Lydia might be too close to DD1 who is Julia, but we'll see.
  • Options
    Our girl name is Vivien, which I know isn’t the most common spelling, but it’s for Vivien Leigh, and I do prefer pronouncing the e as a subtle difference. Although as someone named Lauren who is always called “Loren” I know that doesn’t matter. Although, let be real. All I’m actually called is Mama and Mrs. Lastname #teacherlife

@mrsbubbles-2 when I see Shaugnessy all I can think of is this:

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Those of you who don't like old-fashioned names are about to cringe so hard. DS has very traditional family names (first and middle). We want to keep the family theme, but we're having trouble agreeing. All names listed have family significance, so I won't be at all offended by negative feedback, and it might help with narrowing down.
    Our girl options are Vivian, Sylvia (Sylvie), and Ginny. MN will be Joy. I kind of feel like Ginny is a NN, but I don't love any of the full name options that go with it. It's based off of the name Georgine (my grandma). My mom is Gigi instead of grandma to the grandkids, so it also can't be too close to that.
    Boy options are tougher. We have Brett, Matthias, Ivan, Wallace (Wally), George, and Walter. We're struggling to come up with a decent FN/MN combo using those options.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    @lakesideknitter agree that Ginny is more NN but I get it not liking the full versions. I’m also someone that doesn’t think that the NN needs to be a shorter version of the full name. I work with a Jason that goes by Jake so similar but not really the shortened version, you know? Maybe that opens up some new possibilities for the name? Virginia maybe?  Love Vivian and Sylvia
    I like the sound of Brett Mathias together, that was how I read it initially before seeing your question about fn/mn combos

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I do like Virginia. I actually also like Georgia, which is closer to my grandma's name, but is it weird to name your kid after a state you have zero ties to?
    A also like Brett Matthias, but DH doesn't want Brett as a FN because he hates the Packers/Brett Favre. I should have mentioned that in the OP. I also don't know if Brett works well as a MN, but I really don't want to count it out.
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    @lalala2004 if you prefer the pronunciation of Vivien over Vivian, have you considered Vivienne? People may be more likely to pronounce it the way you like, and it's the French spelling, so it's not made up (not trying to say that Vivien is either). May seem a little 'extra' tho, so I get it if you don't like it. 
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    My DH and I cannot agree at all. We have a 3 year old, Oliver and we are not finding out the sex with this baby. We want something that sounds good with Oliver.

So far, here is my list:
    Girls:
    -Stella 
    -Cora 
    -Sloane 
    -Juliet

Boys:
    -Tripp
    -Graham
    -Quinn
    -Jude

Opinions wanted! We have a longer last name and not wanting it to be a tongue twister. Open to other name ideas! Naming a child is so hard! 
  • Options
    @lakesideknitter I think Vivian and Ginny are cute. Sylvia is nms. I don't think you need a longer name if you want to call her Ginny. I liked Brett for your boy name.  What about Mathew or Winston?

Is Maisie a completely horrible name? 
  • Options
    @kathy-l I love Sloane and Graham. I've always seen Quinn as a girl's name, but i do like it for a boy.
    @7425cait my BFF is set on using Matthew, so I can't use it. I do like Winston, but I prefer the Wally names. I like Maisie. It reminds me of a children's book, but I think it was spelled Maisy in the book, which I personally prefer. Either way is cute tho.
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    @kathy-l Love, love, love the names Tripp and Sloane! You don't hear those everyday and Tripp was on my short list at one point. I don't think they would sound bad with your son's name either. 
  • Options
    @kathy-l Juliet(te) and Jude have been on my lists for the longest time. I love those names. But DH and I are both J names, and DS isn't, so naming one kid with a J and not the other is strange to me.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow I'm having a similar struggle because our top girl name is Eliana and DH and I both have E names (his even begins with 'El'). I'm trying not to over think it. 

Our names are Eliana Carole for a girl and (I think) Aaron Michael for a boy. Before we got pregnant is was Clara Louise and Michael Judah, but I think we're making the better choice. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    7425cait said:
    @lakesideknitter I think Vivian and Ginny are cute. Sylvia is nms. I don't think you need a longer name if you want to call her Ginny. I liked Brett for your boy name.  What about Mathew or Winston?

Is Maisie a completely horrible name? 
    Love Maisie, but may be better as a nickname. I’ve loved it for decades!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Virginia is my assumption for Ginny and I love it! I dint think the state thing matters. It’s less associated with a state only than if you named your kid, like, Vermont. It stands alone as a name. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @lakesideknitter I love the name Georgia, it’s my dog’s name lol! I don’t have any ties to the state, just like the name

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're pretty set on Nora for a girl, but aren't sure on boy.  I prefer Jude, but DH likes Judah.  What says the people of thebump?
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    @Funnygirl34 I like Jude

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer Jude 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I think I prefer Judah and you could always nn Jude. 
    Maisie is adorable idk why I think of it as a nn though! 
    Sloane Peterson from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off gave me one of my fave gifs ever and I think it’s a good name! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Jude. 
  • Options
    I like Jude better. 

I also like Maisie and feel like it works as a stand alone. Maybe because I’m not sure what it would be a nickname for? 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 isn’t that a Seinfeld reference? 

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha @jsnakehole I told him if it’s a number it’s obviously going to be eleven. 

Yes @mrsbubbles-2 apparently it is haha i was just never a big Seinfeld fan. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited February 2018
    @lalala2004 if you prefer the pronunciation of Vivien over Vivian, have you considered Vivienne? People may be more likely to pronounce it the way you like, and it's the French spelling, so it's not made up (not trying to say that Vivien is either). May seem a little 'extra' tho, so I get it if you don't like it. 
    Yeah, I know, but I’m more set on the Vivien Leigh reference than the pronunciation!

@lakesideknitter when I see Ginny with a G I think NN for Virginia.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @calimom2524 totally misread Seven as Steven...not sure which would be worse!!!

Pregnancy Ticker