August 2018 Moms
Options

Names you actually want opinions on

Re: Names you actually want opinions on

• Options
    I love mixing boy names and girl names. Went to high school with a boy named Whitney and it was perfect for him. He was a cutie. 

I really dont like the old lady name trend. But that’s just me and seems to be all the rage.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really want to play here but we are completely stuck.  I'll come back in a couple months when we have anything brewing....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hfooter said:
    I love mixing boy names and girl names. Went to high school with a boy named Whitney and it was perfect for him. He was a cutie. 

I really dont like the old lady name trend. But that’s just me and seems to be all the rage.
    Whitney used to only be a boy name ;) 

granted a really long time ago !

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Similarly to Whitney, I had a crush on a very hot male Shannon in high school but since then have only met female Shannons. There was also a very mean male Ashley in my graduating class. We also had male and female Blairs who ended up dating which was kind of weird. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    I have a Rainy in my class this year. It definitely makes me think her parents were uber-crunchy. 

I have to admit I'm on the 'Old Lady Trend' train for names. I love the way they sound - Mabel is cute!

I also don't mind boys names for girls. Like someone mentioned, Evan Rachel Wood makes Evan work quite well. Morgan has always been on my short list for a girl - then again, I've always thought it was a girls name that a few boys had, rather than the other way around.

I want some feedback on H's preference for a boy name...  I'm kind of lukewarm about it, but could be swayed. He really likes Ansel.  He's German heritage, and his family is HUGE into art and photography so it would be a nod to Ansel Adams. Thoughts? 

• Options
    @hezzer78 I always associate that name with Zoolander but I'm the type that tends to associate names with TV shows and movies as my family is huge into pop culture and we're constantly quoting things. However, I actually adore the name Ansel. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Adore the Zoolander reference!!
    Love Ansel despite (because?) 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @pghctwife I know just like Ashley, Lauren and Kelly! So many “girl” names originated as boy names. My name Hailey is a unisex name in England. In fact when I was born the midwives in England told my parents they were spelling my name the “boy” way lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I love Hansel! It also made me think of Zoolander, but that’s not a bad thing. 

My my top contenders are:

Vivian (Fave girl name. DH won’t go for it) :-(

Rosalie (my great-grandma’s middle name). BUT, DS2 is Roman. Too similar? Especially if she’s called Rosie? 

Mila (popular here!)

Frances - but our last name starts with an F, so I think that bothers me. 

Maren - DH not a huge fan. I love it. 

Savannah 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    F47 said:
    @hezzer78 I love Hansel! It also made me think of Zoolander, but that’s not a bad thing. 

My my top contenders are:

Vivian (Fave girl name. DH won’t go for it) :-(

Rosalie (my great-grandma’s middle name). BUT, DS2 is Roman. Too similar? Especially if she’s called Rosie? 

Mila (popular here!)

Frances - but our last name starts with an F, so I think that bothers me. 

Maren - DH not a huge fan. I love it. 

Savannah 

Love Rosalie, Vivian and Frances. Frances is one you never hear nowadays but I really think it is nice. Plus it has cute nickname possibilities! I actually briefly considered Francis for DS1 nn Frank as it is a family name but didn’t end up going for it. 

Mila is pretty and Savannah is NMS at all. I’ve never met anyone called Maren, I’d have to let it sit with me for a while to see how I feel :lol: 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wait. Zoolander is Hansel not Ansel right??? Yes. Ansel is much better.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Love love Frances!!! 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    pghctwife said:
    Wait. Zoolander is Hansel not Ansel right??? Yes. Ansel is much better.
    Yes it’s Hansel but for me they’re interchangeable. It still reminds me of the movie! But as I said before, I like Ansel regardless!

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    And Rosalie isn’t my favorite but I think Roman and Rosalie is a cute sibset

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I am 99.9% certain Maximus Aurelius is the character from Gladiator. Personally have no problem with Maximus as a name, but come on you want to name your kid after a gladiator in a movie? Lol

When I was a kid I had an American girl doll and I named her Rain. No clue why just liked the name. Agree that I don’t like it full on as Rainy Day but no problem with Rain as a name.

Apparently my daughters name is unisex, but to me it’s overtly feminine although I do know someone that used it as a middle name for their son. To me I don’t see it as originally a boy name overtaken by girls though I guess. 

I have no clue for girls names but for boys I’m leaning hard towards Knox or Felix. Possibly more towards Knox. Knox makes me think of “nox” from Harry Potter and Felix makes me think of Felix Felicis....neither bad references in my book ha
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I was wrong - the emperor was Marcus Aurelius and the gladiator was Maximus Decimus Meridius. My bad
  • Options
    I want the name Mikai. The traditional spelling is Micah, but I don’t want people to mistake it for Mic-cuh. So what do you guys think about the spelling?  It should sound like Meh-Kyle. The middle name will be King because my stepfather who raised me last name is King. So it is after him. Mikai King? 
  • Options
    ssthomps said:
    I want the name Mikai. The traditional spelling is Micah, but I don’t want people to mistake it for Mic-cuh. So what do you guys think about the spelling?  It should sound like Meh-Kyle. The middle name will be King because my stepfather who raised me last name is King. So it is after him. Mikai King? 
    I feel like Micah is pronounced Mike-ah and Mikai is pronounced like Mekhi (Phifer, the actor) so idk if I know which way you’re intending it. I think it’s nice and that King sounds good with it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @F47 my number one girl name is Vivian and DH will not go for it. I think it works so well with DDs name, which is Lydia. 

He likes Lorelei for a girl, which would be after his mom, Lori. I think it's super sweet but all I can think of is Gilmore girls. 

We have Miles picked out for a boy. Not sure on middle but I do also love Frederick. Huge fan of vintage and throwback names that you don't hear anymore. Oh, also love Cecil after my grandpa. 
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    Micah I assume my-kah. Ifyou want meh-Kyle id do Mikhail. If you dint want the l I also thought Mekhi 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    mrsbubbles-2mrsbubbles-2 member
    edited February 2018
    @F47 love Frances, that’s my grandmothers name and she went by Fannie
    @cthulu I love Love love that your names have HP references!!! Both are awesome! And yes, DH’s name made me think of gladiator too! 
    @rocknrollmom All great choices, Vivian and Lydia are adorable together! And love Miles!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I feel like Micah is pronounced Mike-ah and Mikai is pronounced like Mekhi (Phifer, the actor) so idk if I know which way you’re intending it. I think it’s nice and that King sounds good with it! 
    Yes, that makes sense. I didn’t think about Mekhi Phifer. But yes that is the pronounciarion I would like but a different spelling. Thanks for the feedback. 
  • Options
    @princesslockness I LOVE the Rainy Day name along with @calimom2524 Raelynn. Y'all go and be different and fabulous! 
  • Options
    @F47 my number one girl name is Vivian and DH will not go for it. I think it works so well with DDs name, which is Lydia. 

He likes Lorelei for a girl, which would be after his mom, Lori. I think it's super sweet but all I can think of is Gilmore girls. 

We have Miles picked out for a boy. Not sure on middle but I do also love Frederick. Huge fan of vintage and throwback names that you don't hear anymore. Oh, also love Cecil after my grandpa. 
    My mom came up with Myles for our son but my husband wasn’t a fan. I like it. 
  • Options
    pghctwife said:
    Micah I assume my-kah. Ifyou want meh-Kyle id do Mikhail. If you dint want the l I also thought Mekhi 
    Yes, going for Mekhi but didn’t think about the actor until Msbubbles mentioned it. Thanks for the suggestion. I told my husband Mikhail and he isn’t feeling it. 
  • Options
    @cthulu and @derbysquirrel DH just went googling because he didn’t believe that Marcus Aurelius was a real person.  :D 
    Now I need to know where he got the name... he better not say Gladiator lol!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I really need to hear what other names he has picked out  :D:D

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @ecwk @mrsbubbles-2 and @pghctwife do you like Frances even with a two syllable last name that starts with F? 

And I typed Hansel above, but totally meant Ansel. lol. Anyway, I like it. 
  • Options
    Love Miles for a boy! Why can’t our husbands see that Vivian is a beautiful name, @rocknrollmom? It was actually DH’s grandfather’s name (which is unusual), so it even has a family tie! 
  • Options
    F47 said:
    @ecwk @mrsbubbles-2 and @pghctwife do you like Frances even with a two syllable last name that starts with F? 

And I typed Hansel above, but totally meant Ansel. lol. Anyway, I like it. 
    Like Frances Farmer? (Nirvana, anyone?) 
    Yes I do, I think it would sound lovely. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ahhh. Nirvana. Memories. 
  • Options
    F47 said:
    Love Miles for a boy! Why can’t our husbands see that Vivian is a beautiful name, @rocknrollmom? It was actually DH’s grandfather’s name (which is unusual), so it even has a family tie! 
    Even better! I love it

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @rocknrollmom  ask and you shall receive!

MrBubbles’ picks for boy names:
    Dominic Adonis
    Michele (mee-shell)
    Shaughnessy (Sean-a-see)
    I know there are more, I’ll update when I remember

@F47 yup love it!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Names I’m considering for a girl:

Catalina (MN- Louise, Joelle, Jo, Rose)
    Nora (MN - Joelle)
    Isabel (I’ve always liked this name as a MN so can’t think of good pairings!)

If boy, my husband insists on naming him Bernard (Bernie) after himself. 
  • Options
    69mil said:
    Names I’m considering for a girl:

Catalina (MN- Louise, Joelle, Jo, Rose)
    Nora (MN - Joelle)
    Isabel (I’ve always liked this name as a MN so can’t think of good pairings!)

If boy, my husband insists on naming him Bernard (Bernie) after himself. 
    Weekend at Bernie’s. 
  • Options
    @69mil oh I love Nora! And what a pretty middle name!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @F47 Love Frances. It is our middle name pick for a girl - no question. It was my mom's name and she passed away when I was 15, so it's a non-negotiable :) 

I also really like Vivian - but H is so-so about it. I love V girl names - Veronica, Vivian, Violet, Virginia, Victoria.. all great sounding to me. Currently in LOVE with Victoria - mainly cuz I've been watching the Masterpiece show - but I really can't stand Vicky as a NN. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2
    Here's a picture of his bust I took at The Met. 

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker