August 2018 Moms
Options

Names you actually want opinions on

1141516171820»

Re: Names you actually want opinions on

• Options
    What about Charles? That's probably going to be our first name (but call him Charlie)
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 Charles is definitely on the list.  Not sure if flows very well with any of the first names we are looking at, but we're still all over the board right now on those, so it's a firm maybe.

@mrsbubbles-2 And THAT list is exactly why I hate even looking at baby names at all.  More than half of those aren't even names at all!  Just no.  I'm not even side-eyeing them - they are a straight up eye-roll.

@lolog531 We have a few contenders.  We are at odds over whether we should choose a traditional English name or an Italian name.  H's family is Italian and he wants an Italian name, but DD's name is not Italian at all.  I don't mind the Italian names he's listed, but I can't decide if it's weird to have a super Italian boy name and a completely not Italian at all girl name.  Right now, we are looking at:

Felix (my fave)
    Vito (H's fave)
    Theodore (not sure if we'd use Theo or Teddy as a nn)
    Eugene (would call him Geno)
    Franklin
    Griffin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @juliebird6 - I usually stick to nymbler or nameberry but my google search spit that out and I couldn't NOT look at it. Train wreck I tell you! I'm sorry I hijacked your question though with ridiculousness!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There were some sextuplets born and the couple has twins and another older kid. 9 kids, and they all have Youneek names. One of them is Bridge. Just google it.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Car! Yes! Definitely classic. Lol.

hm to me miles and Charles are both 2 syllables but that could be where regional dialects come into play. My-yuls and char-ruhls

sean too! Don’t know how I forgot that, it’s my brothers name 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I like also Scott and Reed/Reid for monosyllabic boy middle names. 

We are back to square one with names. Naming a human is hard! DH decided he likes Hannah now (I had suggested it a while back and he vetoed) but now I am not sure I love it. Olivia, Evelyn, Isabelle, and Joanna are also in the mix. All are Hebrew except Olivia. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    Ugh, off of that list you could have brothers named Car and Van. What about Truck as long as we’re on that theme? 

I’m all for tradition: James, John, George, Charles, Paul, Luke, Mark, Jack?
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    I like Van as a NN for Donovan but not as a stand alone name.

• Options
    Clark
    Craig
    Brent
    Frank
    George
    Grant
    Paul
    Shane

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Looove George 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @legallykate Ds1 middle name is Reed. It's a family name. I love it. Good strong 1 syllable name!

For this baby we are now thinking Miles Andrew since we're officially team blue. We need one syllable, two syllable (or vice versa) because our last name is three syllables. 

I also really like Preston but it sounds too much like our last name. There's a handful of others we've tossed around but I am being so picky. My number one was Mason but a friend used it. 

Why is this so hard second time around?? Lol!! 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 I've never been a believer that you can't use a name because a friend used it. My best friend and I have the same first name (that was part of how we met- both raising our hand at the same time during home room attendance). I'm fairly certain my friend who had a baby boy last week is naming him Joshua. So our sons will both be Joshua and will be in the same Hebrew school class. Oh, well. 

I wouldn't use a name if a family member used it. But with a friend, whatever. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    I think I need to send DH here so you all can tell him that his names are terrible because he isn't listening to me.

Maximus Aurelius

I wish I was kidding
    That is literally my cats name.

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @Firemanswife11 Miles Andrew is a great name :smiley:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Evelyn Leigh Mc(onesyllable) is the ONE name we can sort of agree on after weeks of hair-pulling and hard vetos. It was so, so much easier to pick a name the first time around. 
    I also really love Eleanor, but that was the name of my cousins' late grandmother so I want to keep it "available" for them since we're close and two of them are planning to start families soon. 
    The -lyn--leigh cadence is the only thing that bothers me, but I think I can get past it.
  • Options
    @jsnakehole oh these friends are as close as family. So it's a definite no go lol. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @elsieisamoocow that’s funny. Jude has always been on my list, but never made the cut for the boys. I’m a huge Beatles fan, so obviously that was my association. But, when I brought it up to my Mom before I knew this LO was a girl, she said, “I like that. Jude Law is so cute in The Holiday.”  :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @elsieisamoocow I like Jude! It was on our short list. 
  • Options
    Is it weird that I’ve loved Jude for a girl?  DH hates it but I think it’s so sweet

• Options
    F47F47 member
    @msmonalisavito I like it for a girl, too, actually. H wouldn’t go for it. Even though he likes Blake and Carson for girls. 

I had had a female teacher in high school whose first name was Jude. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I can also see it as a NN for Judith.

• Options
    ecwkecwk member

However @elsieisamoocow your husband looks like Jude Law?!  
    This ^^^^

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just found out today, we're team blue! After initial shocks and having it settle in our brains we're pretty excited! Names I have are:
    Oscar 
    Eli
    Joel
    Oliver
    Hugo

I'm trying to think of names that go well with a middle name of Joseph or Carl (grandfather names)
  • Options
    @ropemaker I adore Hugo but I'm biased because DS is Hugo ;) 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ropemaker Eli is the best name on that list. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    jillybean804jillybean804 member
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    If the baby is a girl, we’re going with Anna or Mila - middle name Elizabeth. 

For a boy, we are set on George, but struggling with a middle name. A close friend of ours passed away just last month, and I would love to use his name as a middle name, but my husband doesn’t love how it sounds with George. 

George Jonathan. Too many /j/ sounds?
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    If the baby is a girl, we’re going with Anna or Mila - middle name Elizabeth. 

For a boy, we are set on George, but struggling with a middle name. A close friend of ours passed away just last month, and I would love to use his name as a middle name, but my husband doesn’t love how it sounds with George. 

George Jonathan. Too many /j/ sounds?
    Hi there. You should change your name. It’s too hard to keep track of knotties! 

I think your name works just fine. It’s not like you’ll be calling him both names on a regular basis. Sorry for your loss. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ropemaker - I love Oliver, Eli and Hugo but I don't think you can go wrong with any name on that list! They would all work with the middle names you've picked out

@knottienumbers - sorry I'm too lazy to properly tag, ditto what @ecwk said about changing your knottiename so we can get to know you! As far as your baby names go, if you don't like the way that George Jonathan sounds, is there another way to honor your friend? Try his favorite author, musician, vacation spot, your friend's middle name, etc. I think George Jonathan is a bit of a mouthful, but if you're not planning on calling him by his first and middle name you're fine. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 and @ecwk - Had some technical difficulties but finally got my username to stick!

Thanks for your feedback. Definitely a mouthful but I said the same thing to my husband - we would never call him by both names, so I don’t think that should be a dealbreaker. Ultimately, it’s my husband’s decision since he grew up with this friend, but I wanted to get some outside perspective. I appreciate it!!