February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• Options
    @seitzy3 are you going to do anything special for the 1 year old's birthday

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @sabriel1 tomorrow her sisters and I are just going to sing to her and have cupcakes. My H is out of town for the weekend but we are throwing a birthday party next weekend! UO? I love throwing big first birthday parties even though they won't remember. I don't go all out for every birthday but the first birthday. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rainafire77 I completely understand being territorial over your office restroom. Ours is pretty isolated and we have a woman who comes from another office area to poop in our restroom. Just about everyday. Its just rude! 
    Whenever they're cleaning the bathroom on our floor I have to go one floor down instead, and I always feel like the women in there are looking at me like "This isn't your floor's bathroom, you're just using us to shit." And I want to be like "No, it's #1, I swear!"
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @seitzy3 me too. I also love going all out for the first birthday. I am trying to think of a cute theme for DS3's first birthday next month

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    sabriel1 said:
    @seitzy3 me too. I also love going all out for the first birthday. I am trying to think of a cute theme for DS3's first birthday next month
    Hmmmm Dinosaurs? Sharks? Cars? Just plain old birthday party theme with streamers and cakes? lol what's he into these days? Favorite show or movie? 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    sabriel1 said:
    Hmmmm Dinosaurs? Sharks? Cars? Just plain old birthday party theme with streamers and cakes? lol what's he into these days? Favorite show or movie? 
    It's so hard because I don't really find he is really into anything. He doesn't watch TV and is behind in language so he doesn't really verbalize around anything he likes. I also don't like to reuse themes (I'm so weird) so oceans and dinosaurs are out. I was thinking circus because he had a lion toy he likes but DH likes construction trucks and stuff. I'm hoping he gravitates towards something soon to make it a bit easier.

• Options
    @eggplantface You have no idea how long I've been waiting to use that gif. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I loved throwing DDs first birthday. I made all of her decorations. I was so proud of myself. She was a toot most of the time. Her 2nd birthday is three weeks after my EDD so I need to get on it early before I'm miserable. I love hosting things though. AW her centerpieces because I was pretty extra.  
  • Options
    I love birthdays and throwing parties! However I think I'm going to keep the big all out birthday parties to years, 1, 5, 10. With that said I'm currently making a poster and planning the dessert table for my DH's birthday this Saturday. 
    DD - 4.15.16
  • Options
    This week we finally have had some cooler mornings and some of the apple orchards are starting to advertise opening and fall fever is hitting me hard!!! I need an apple cider slushie stat!
    Uhm. I don't know what that is but I think I need one. 
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    I feel bad I'm not able to keep up with this group like I did with s16. Im actually sad about it because I have some great friendships in that group. So sorry if I drive by post sometimes! We've had a little bit of a busy week. My 4yo dd has her first soccer practice tonight although it might get rained out. Her team name is called The Glitterbugs, how cute! Reminds me of the movie the ladybugs with Rodney Dangerfield. One of my favorite movies growing up lol  Also, my youngest DD will be one tomorrow! 

Eta: spelling
    In with you. Having two little ones and keeping up is tough. :)
  • Options
    I loved throwing DDs first birthday. I made all of her decorations. I was so proud of myself. She was a toot most of the time. Her 2nd birthday is three weeks after my EDD so I need to get on it early before I'm miserable. I love hosting things though. AW her centerpieces because I was pretty extra.  
    DD1 turns 3 five days before my EDD. I'm already tentatively planning while I have energy. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 i lovvveeee that! i made centerpieces for DD1 first birthday too! Hers was a ladybug theme 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    DD - 4.15.16
  • Options
    So. Which one of you can I pay to plan parties and execute them for me? This crafty shiz is why I don't teach elementary school. I just can't. 
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also the reason I don't have Pinterest because it makes me feel inadequate. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    So. Which one of you can I pay to plan parties and execute them for me? This crafty shiz is why I don't teach elementary school. I just can't. 
    If I didn't have a machine to cut everything for me I'd be way less craft inclined. It was kinda fun because I made a lot of first birthday shirts for the babies in my last BMB. 

@TattoosandLace I will probably start working on stuff around Christmas when DH has some time off. I think I'm going to do Two-tie Frutie theme if she's not still obsessed with Moana. 

• Options
    I am really good at planning parties, it is actually making everything that I plan that is the problem. I am a big procrastinator and then I do just what is needed to be successful. 
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You guys are my people! If there's cake, ice cream, and balloons I'm pretty proud. I do make the cakes myself - I hate decorator's frosting!
  • Options
    @jessilee15 I made my daughter cupcakes one year. They did not turn out well. She said that while it was nice that I baked for her could she please get a store bought cake the next year? Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You guys are my people! If there's cake, ice cream, and balloons I'm pretty proud. I do make the cakes myself - I hate decorator's frosting!
    I let DS pick his cake out at the grocery store yesterday. Screw it. I'm just glad he picked chocolate. 
    *stuck in quote box* 

This makes me feel better. I LOVE the idea of throwing a great themed party, but I am so useless in both the kitchen and in crafting that everything is just a let down. I want to host the party, but I don't want to try to come up with the cuteness. 

Also - @smorzandoj I snorted because I get it. Husband's birthday is coming up and he doesn't like cake. So I'll for sure get him a cake I like the most. 
  • Options
    @rainafire77 I completely understand being territorial over your office restroom. Ours is pretty isolated and we have a woman who comes from another office area to poop in our restroom. Just about everyday. Its just rude! 
    Whenever they're cleaning the bathroom on our floor I have to go one floor down instead, and I always feel like the women in there are looking at me like "This isn't your floor's bathroom, you're just using us to shit." And I want to be like "No, it's #1, I swear!"

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    clc515clc515 member
    edited August 2017
    I swear ill catch up on what i havent read yet, but wanted to share somewhere... I was invited to dinner w coworkers before our annual work fancy party at 7. We are all staying at the hotel and dinner was across the street.  I napped/rested in bed instead. And want to go to party late even though its only 3 floors upstairs... cuz I'm still tired lol. 

Edited for typos.  Autocorrect failed me!
  • Options
    seitzy3seitzy3 member
    edited August 2017
    Anyone is Houston? Be careful out there! 

ETA: and whoever else, Corpus Christi etc. the weather is supposed to be bad 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:

Meeeeee  :s
  • Options

I. Love. This. Bahaha!
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:

Meeeeee  :s
    Ohhh no! I'm in Dallas but we are just supposed to get thunderstorms all weekend. At least that's what I think. Stay safe! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    It appears there's drama in March in the "baby moved" thread, if you're looking for a good read.
  • Options
    It appears there's drama in March in the "baby moved" thread, if you're looking for a good read.
    That was enjoyable. Thank you  :D
  • Options
    That was interesting. Why is that girl so interested in hanging around with a bunch of people who she doesn't like? Must have a lot of time on her hands. 
  • Options
    Haha thanks! That was good. Why so much more drama in march than February? Also - I would like to never meet the girl that started it. She's extra special. And I don't believe the chick supporting her who claims to be a NP. Because no medical personnel I've ever met support "feelings" over science. Now to make popcorn...
  • Options
    That was a fun read, thanks haha. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's going to be a LONG pregnancy for the March18 ladies 
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's going to be a LONG pregnancy for the March18 ladies 
    Makes me glad I conceived when we did! Dodged a bullet there!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    March just make my kids attack of the Crohn's disease at 2am way more interesting. Wth is up with that Logan chick. Smdh. It's always her. Always.