February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• @TattoosandLace Your MIL reminds me of my friend's mom. She is just always looking for something to criticize, so one day it'll be "you're too skinny, you need to eat more," and the very next day it'll be "you're too fat, you need to eat less." It gets to the point where you just realize she needs to be picking on you for something, anything, and you ignore it because she's BSC.

@smorzandoj I'm glad to hear they stopped and I hope everything is ok!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @smorzandoj glad they went away! Keep us updated! 

My MIL lives states away and really only communicates through DH, so I don't have to deal with it much. When she is around, its for a short period of time I can usually just shrug it off. My mother, on the other hand, is well meaning but SO passive aggressive. Every decision I make is met with some underhanded comment. Its the worst. I can't imagine having the patience to deal with it from someone who isn't my own mother. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @TattoosandLace god forbid you actually spend time with your child. What are you thinking. You better not spoil this LO lol freakin A man 
  • Crapping my brains out today. Wtf body. Wtf. And I nearly choked on the smell of someone else's crap when I went to the restroom at my sons therapists office. Nasty. People should carry poop spray in their purse...I always put it in the work bathroom bc ew no one wants to smell someone else's butt.

and you all are awesome. Thank you.

@TattoosandLace MILs suck. Even my exMIL sucks. She's a wacko. She told my kids they could visit anytime. Um no honey. You can visit us. You live five hours away and let my ex husband freeload. They only visit you when it's convienent for me.
  • @smorzandoj sorry you're having a shitty Monday. 

Yeah...I'm coming to terms with the fact that she's never going to like me or any of my decisions, regardless of how amazingly sweet I've been, isnt going to stop talking shit about me, aaaand we'll just be at a standoff for awhile. I mean, this woman told my husband two weeks before our wedding that if he married me she was writing him out of the will (hes supposed to inherit the family farm that hes work his ass off saving. 
  • @smorzandoj I hope they stay away! 

@TattoosandLace your MiL sounds a lot like mine. I'm sorry you have to deal with her. You can help me write my book of shit my MIL has done/said. 
  • @smorzandoj and @tattooandlace even when they claim they like their DIL, MIL's suck. Last night MIL invited us over for dinner but cooked a meal she knew I didn't like. So I didn't eat and DH was like I can't even be mad at you for being rude your mother would never invite us over and cook something I won't eat and your pregnant. I really wanted to stab her with my fork. Then she goes oh I forgot I'll make you something else, like no lady it's already 7 pm and I have to get my kid to bed. Waste of my freakin time. 
  • It sounds like a bunch of us have shitty ass MIL's.  Mine lives like 200 yards from me--we always have issues to boundaries.  She is a classic narcissist and a raging liar.  I don't put up with shit like that, so she doesn't like me.  

I am in the line of totality for the eclipse and they cancelled school today.  So that is a win for me. I was crazy productive this morning; it would only be better if I could use this day off to drink wine. 
  • My MIL is quite nice and generous so I lucked out, but this is also our first kid and the first grandkid they'll have easy access to (four-hour drive vs. having to fly cross-country to see H's bro's kids), so I haven't had full-on grandma mode yet. She's starting to get smother-y and I need my space. We'll see how it goes....
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• DH wants to be out of our house on Sunday but I'm kind of tired of doing all the packing by myself so I'm just not doing any of it today. 
  • Just now seeing this.  @smorzandoj glad everything is ok.

My MIL is a mix.  Overall I like her but she can be very pushy if you don't agree with her.  
  • My MIL is quite nice and generous so I lucked out, but this is also our first kid and the first grandkid they'll have easy access to (four-hour drive vs. having to fly cross-country to see H's bro's kids), so I haven't had full-on grandma mode yet. She's starting to get smother-y and I need my space. We'll see how it goes....
    My MIL lives 2.5 hours away but that's just too far for her to come see her grandchild. She always wants us to go there because it's not the same distance or anything. She also told DD she'd always be her favorite grandchild because she was first. BILs gf was literally 3 months away from having her baby so slap in the face to her and to any kids we have in the future. She's expressed absolutely no interest in this current pregnancy and refuses to acknowledge the baby could be another girl. She sucks. 
  • @magnolia305 same. We live up on the family farm. I get so tired of hearing lies and rumors about me. Like when I took our girls to go visit my family (who had literally seen them once since they live out of state) for a few weeks..she told everyone who would listen that I kidnapped my own children and was divorcing my husband. That I left in the middle of the night. But then wants to act like everything is fine between us. Wtf. 

I'm game for a book. LOL 
  • @magnolia305 same. We live up on the family farm. I get so tired of hearing lies and rumors about me. Like when I took our girls to go visit my family (who had literally seen them once since they live out of state) for a few weeks..she told everyone who would listen that I kidnapped my own children and was divorcing my husband. That I left in the middle of the night. But then wants to act like everything is fine between us. Wtf. 

I'm game for a book. LOL 
    I take it back. My MIL is not that bad. I am so sorry. I feel like I just want to drink wine with you after reading that. 
  • @TattoosandLace  Oh. my. goodness.  That's insane.   Like real life crazy.   My MIL and I got into it this weekend (she doesn't keep her mouth shut, I called her out on it, she lied to my face).  She is mad bc we aren't publicly sharing our pregnancy, yet,  which would allow her to use it to gain attention for herself, "look at me, I am getting another grandson, look at me!!". She said things like "you need to get your facts straight" and "I can't keep up with your emotions this pregnancy or how you are feeling.  I think your anxiety is just an excuse to shut everyone out"--like hurtful shit, IMO.  Today, I saw her for a few minutes, she tried to hug me and act like it was all good.  Umm, not happening.   Let's get a book deal together--between the gals here--we could have a best seller!
  • Ya'll are making mine look like a walk in the park @TattoosandLace and @magnolia305.  Good gravy!!!
  • My MIL lives just a few minutes away and she does the random drop-ins with no notice. It irritates me to no end and DH knows this. I told him when baby comes, I will have none of it. First time she comes by without asking, I will lose it. I can't have her coming whenever she wants with a newborn.
  • I feel so lucky that both MIL's are awesome. Of course, my husband put his foot down with his family years ago so that made it easier. His mom lives about three hours from us and his stepmom lives in Texas. We go to his mom's every Christmas and it's so relaxing up there! His stepmom and dad are evangelical Christians (we're not religious) so that can be a little more tense but they've learned to not preach to us so we're good....so far.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Think I felt baby today...but I'm at the end of the month 13.3. Definitely not gas, but probably not actually baby. This isn't even my first rodeo and I still can't figure it out  :D 
  • My in laws will be at my house when I get home, after a 12 hour shift all I want to do is eat dinner, snuggle my kid and put my feet up. 

When we we got engaged my MIL told DH "if you have booze at the wedding we aren't coming" instead of congrats 

she gave us a grocery bag full of random
    shit from around the house for Christmas 

she has never in 11 years told me happy birthday/Mother's Day/etc 

they have missed both of my daughters bdays despite being retired and only living 5 hours away. Haven't ever bothered to send a Christmas or bday gift. And no they aren't broke ass, you should see what they send their grandsons 

my husband ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday and they couldn't even be bothered to text good luck or ask how it went. 

Oh oh man I could go on and on. I told DH they need to be gone when I get home because I'm pregnant and im not holding my tongue anymore about their selfishness 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• @Aeml1985 wooowwwww I would have called the booze bluff personally haha. They sound awful. MY MIL always gives me dollar store stuff and the "free gift with purchase" items for Christmas. Messing with my kids would be the last straw for me. 
  • Alllllright ladies. I'm happy to see some of us active in randoms!! I caught the stomach bug so I have been down for the count all day yesterday and today. I'm starting to feel a little better now but still blah 

@smorzandoj how scary!! I'm glad everything is okay now 

@Aeml1985 your MIL is someone you should often talk about in twatwaffle Tuesday threads. I feel like she would be a good target 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @Ashoes123 now I can't watch finding dory or finding nemo the same way lol

@sugarcoateddonut health care is always a hot topic. Health care coverage depends on what you can afford like for example in my state infertility is seen as a medical condition, so the state forces insurance to have coverage for it.

That coverage can vary from making women jump through hoops and wait years to get the treatment they need or my very luck self got DH's health insurance that covered IF no problems or issues for what ever we needed. My friend the next state over got zero coverage and took out a home equity loan to pay for her treatment but now she has her DD.

It's just not fair that she's in debt and I am not. I really think health care will be the hill this nation dies on because we can't get it together. It shouldn't be this difficult. but don't feel like a jerk. I've always heard and read wonderful things of your country so I'm happy for you. Is it Canada that gets a year off with baby? I'm so jealous of that but I can't remember what country I read that about. 
    I do not understand why the USA does not have universal healthcare like most other developed countries.  Why can't we all have the same as congess for free like they do?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @TattoosandLace
    you sound like wonderful mama! Sounds like mil is a touch threatened. Silly really!
  • @smorzandoj hope everything stays calm. 

@TattoosandLace your dd will have lots of fun in kindergarten!

I love my mil, she is so helpful with the kids and never had a negative word to say. She lives 1.5 miles away. My own mother on the other hand sounds alot like a lot of your mil's and gets on my nerves very quickly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @smorzandoj hope everything stays calm. 

@TattoosandLace your dd will have lots of fun in kindergarten!

I love my mil, she is so helpful with the kids and never had a negative word to say. She lives 1.5 miles away. My own mother on the other hand sounds alot like a lot of your mil's and gets on my nerves very quickly.
    This was me. My mother passed in June and I feel horrible that I feel relived that I won't have to deal with her judgemental and petty crap this time.***TW*** She never had anything positive to say with my MMC. She actually said "well you're getting too old anyway." ***End TW***

That's why I love my supportive MIL's. Of course I ply them with wine so I'm their favorite... Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @rainafire77 I'm sorry both for your loss and for the words that were said beforehand. 

@seitzy3 I tried to feel it out for a bit. I also wanted to wait to get involved just in case. 

Anyone watch American Ninja warrior? I've always been a softy but these hormones choke me up at almost every back story
  • @SarahFoley725 totally watching ANW. The divorced mom story got me. 
  • Another Ninja Warrior Fan here! DH thinks it's funny when I ugly cry at some of the stories. I am slightly annoyed they have made the course basically impossible to finish this year. 
  • Another Ninja Warrior Fan here! DH thinks it's funny when I ugly cry at some of the stories. I am slightly annoyed they have made the course basically impossible to finish this year. 
    Right?! They're like "the course is harder because the talent is better" they're still humans y'all not robots!
  • We watched ANW last night, I was so mad at those plexiglass blocks lol. I really wanted that wake boarder mom to finish.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• A post went up in January BMB of a woman asking if her bump was baby or bloat at 15w3d.  They told her she belongs in February.  Get ready ladies.  She didn't have pants on in her picture so she put a heart sticker over herself.  
    Imma need thread name. 

Thanks for the kind words, ladies. Sometimes I start to feel like I'm doing a bad job at this Mom thing when the negativity I hear is so loud. I appreciate your comments more than you know. 
  • A post went up in January BMB of a woman asking if her bump was baby or bloat at 15w3d.  They told her she belongs in February.  Get ready ladies.  She didn't have pants on in her picture so she put a heart sticker over herself.  
    I saw and just rolled my eyes. Maybe she won't arrive. 
  • @TattoosandLace There are also 2 posts from same person (I am assuming) in 2nd Tri board. one titled "Baby Bump?" And the other "no bump?" Or something like that.... 
  • edited August 2017
    @TattoosandLace There are also 2 posts from same person (I am assuming) in 2nd Tri board. one titled "Baby Bump?" And the other "no bump?" Or something like that.... 

• When will these newbs learn?
  • I can't even understand the no pants thing. I don't love bare belly pics but combined with no pants?

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018