February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• Options

Question for mama's with a new crib.

Apparently we can't use drop sided cribs anymore.  How on earth do yoy get a sleeping baby in a crib without lowering the side? And how do you climb in,  in the middle of the night when an almost 1 year old refuses to stay asleep? 

I am very upset about this new regulation :( .  The last crib i bought was in 2001 and i used it until 2011. It's in my ex husband's attic now. 
    I have no advice to you. My son was 2012, so he had one of the new cribs. We could never get him down. When he was up in the middle of the night we rocked him, making his sleeping even worse. It felt like a giant fail every night. Though my son still never slept once he was in a toddler bed, so it might have just been him torturing us. 
  • Options
    I went to the gym yesterday for the first time since finding out I was pregnant. I hurt so good today. Yay for slightly more energy. Of course, still not enough to clean the house (or so I tell my husband). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Question for mama's with a new crib.

Apparently we can't use drop sided cribs anymore.  How on earth do yoy get a sleeping baby in a crib without lowering the side? And how do you climb in,  in the middle of the night when an almost 1 year old refuses to stay asleep? 

I am very upset about this new regulation :( .  The last crib i bought was in 2001 and i used it until 2011. It's in my ex husband's attic now. 

Newborns can be on the highest mattress setting and it's not that much to drop them in however I use a cosleeper attached to the bed so the side is lowered. I didn't use an actual crib until 6 months. When DS wouldn't sleep at a year old I just rocked him and dealt with it. I was very against creating bad habits and he rarely Cried through the night. He was very attached to his routine so by 2 when I converted his crib to a bed he would sleep no problem.

And I don't mean it's bad to sleep with your child I just mean that I can't create that habit for my lifestyle so for me it would be a bad habit to have my children get use to sleeping with me in their bed or mine but if it works for you then that's great. 
  • Options
    I love snow and cold weather and always say I would move to Alaska or Canada---but maybe after this baby is born in February! lol  I live in MO and our weather is crazy.  Last February it was in the 70's for half of the month.  Who knows what we will be dealt this year--but I am going to check the Farmers Almanac right now!
  • Options
    @mamaof5already on the highest setting it's not that far down that you have to put LO. I'm tall so I never had a problem putting a sleeping baby in the crib but as she got older we made it a point to put her down drowsy and not asleep. 

You could always put a little stool by the crib so you can lean over easier 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @mamaof5already echoing that it's not bad on the highest setting. I'm only 5 feet tall so now that DD is all the way down it's a struggle. We started out teaching her to put herself to sleep by laying her down when she was drowsy. It made those crib transitions so much easier. Unfortunately she will not fall asleep anywhere else now except for the car and maybe the stroller if she's exhausted. 
  • Options
    All the snow mamas come stay at my house.  There is 0% chance of snow in Louisiana in February.  I would be terrified in the National Guard had to come get me.
  • Options
    I scored an ergo baby carrier in like-mint condition for $65 Canadian! That was our last medium-sized purchase before I dive into the research and purchase of the big stuff (car seat, crib and stroller).
  • Options
    All the snow mamas come stay at my house.  There is 0% chance of snow in Louisiana in February.  I would be terrified in the National Guard had to come get me.
    Sold! 

Although, NW Oklahoma is just weird. Like. On the day of DD1's second birthday party (Early Feb. we had cowboy stew planned as a meal) it was randomly 90 freaking degrees. 
  • Options
    Moving is kicking my ass. I swore I'd never move again in the summer, or while pregnant, or while my husband is traveling a lot for work. YET HERE I AM ALSO WITH A TODDLER. And a tropical storm/possible hurricane is supposed to be coming through this weekend. RIP
  • Options
    @smorzandoj that is such a sweet picture 
  • Options
    Moving is kicking my ass. I swore I'd never move again in the summer, or while pregnant, or while my husband is traveling a lot for work. YET HERE I AM ALSO WITH A TODDLER. And a tropical storm/possible hurricane is supposed to be coming through this weekend. RIP
    Ugh, I hear you. I can't imagine trying to do moving without my husband. 
    And with a possible hurricane! 
    We move next Thursday and I'm so tired and overwhelmed....
  • Options
    @smorzandoj I didn't see this thread and got behind si just saw your contraction post. I had a weird pain today that felt like a bad contraction but just one and went away. I really needed to pee though! I noticed with my last pregnancy I'd start getting them if I need to use the bathroom (pee or poop). Hopefully you're doing better!
  • Options
    We have another guess my babies sex post y'all 
  • Options
    @mpp06 Thanks I have been doing well since. I had a few today but I'm pretty sure I just overdid it at the gym. Hope you are well!
  • Options

Apparently we are rude af. But you actually responded rather nicely to her!
  • Options
    Thanks! I've been having them here and there also but I think it's normal for me. Lol! Normally not painful and pretty random. 
  • Options
    For a second I thought she had posted an entirely new thread to announce her departure. That would have been even better. 
  • Options
    Nice QFPs ladies... Always appreciated. 
  • Options

Apparently we are rude af. But you actually responded rather nicely to her!
    I tried since it looked like she wasn't the average drive by. Plus if she thinks we're rude I could introduce her to some other doozys on the Babycenter and What To Expect boards! Just lurked there but damn some of those women are harsh!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 I heard the other sites were more rainbows and glitter, but I also haven't been on there to see. Maybe just the ttc boards are nicer. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @rainafire77 I heard the other sites were more rainbows and glitter, but I also haven't been on there to see. Maybe just the ttc boards are nicer. 
    They are rainbows, unicorns and a shit ton of bare belly posts. I lasted less than a day, NMS
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Options
    Also on the random front, I'm craving tomato juice like crazy. I wish they sold it in smaller portions than those giant tins.

• Options
     My nausea has returned afternoons so I'm finding dinner time really crummy lately. I've now been hit with a craving for french fries and I'm seriously seriously considering packing up the kids to go hit up the McDonald's drive-thru.... 
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Also on the random front, I'm craving tomato juice like crazy. I wish they sold it in smaller portions than those giant tins.
    Maybe check another store. You can get it in smaller cans. A bit smaller than a red bull if I recall. I've seen it at the supermarket here and we also had them in a bar I used to work at

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
     My nausea has returned afternoons so I'm finding dinner time really crummy lately. I've now been hit with a craving for french fries and I'm seriously seriously considering packing up the kids to go hit up the McDonald's drive-thru.... 
    I've been feeling the same way in the evenings. I have no desire to prepare or eat dinner.
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited August 2017
    I love the TTGP board. Those ladies...I bow down to their snarkiness and their gif usage. Two more freak show threads today on there, both closed by admin. And I literally snort/laughed/peed at the Fire Marshall Bill gif.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    I don't remember wow the baked potato person was. But. I made some today. They were amazing. 
    That would be me. I lived on them last pregnancy and plan to do the same with this one. 
  • Options
    Whoa maybe I was looking at the wrong boards on  or posts on Baby Center, the popular ones show up on the right side in the boards.... I went over there and lasted about 10 minutes.  I saw so much drama and I'm sorry, trashiness. People talking about getting "revenge" on their exes, really really dumb questions, baby daddy drama, cheating etc.  It's like a totally different demographic over there.
  • Options
    Ashoes123 said:
    Whoa maybe I was looking at the wrong boards on  or posts on Baby Center, the popular ones show up on the right side in the boards.... I went over there and lasted about 10 minutes.  I saw so much drama and I'm sorry, trashiness. People talking about getting "revenge" on their exes, really really dumb questions, baby daddy drama, cheating etc.  It's like a totally different demographic over there.
    Oh damn. I'll have to check that out!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Ashoes123Ashoes123 member
    edited August 2017
    @eggplantface ok I just realized, it's totally different on desktop than mobile.  On desktop the stupid ones are way more apparent. On the community homepage right now there's one post about a girl who did a ton of drugs (without specifying what type) when she was 6 weeks pregnant and asking if her baby will be ok.  Everyone's saying not to worry about it.  Correct answer is, talk to your damn doctor!! 

Eta: nm she did talk to her doctor so not a good example, but there are others
  • Options
    So I seriously had to pee and I'm waiting outside the ONLY women's restroom in our office. I hear the toilet flush, hands being washed...then footsteps....more toilet flushing....more hand washing...silence....another flush...paper towels being dispensed....more hand washing...then finally the door opened. Wasn't a co-worker! I had a legit Mean Girls moment!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 I completely understand being territorial over your office restroom. Ours is pretty isolated and we have a woman who comes from another office area to poop in our restroom. Just about everyday. Its just rude! 
  • Options
    seitzy3seitzy3 member
    edited August 2017
    I feel bad I'm not able to keep up with this group like I did with s16. Im actually sad about it because I have some great friendships in that group. So sorry if I drive by post sometimes! We've had a little bit of a busy week. My 4yo dd has her first soccer practice tonight although it might get rained out. Her team name is called The Glitterbugs, how cute! Reminds me of the movie the ladybugs with Rodney Dangerfield. One of my favorite movies growing up lol  Also, my youngest DD will be one tomorrow! 

Eta: spelling

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16