February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• Options
    sabriel1 said:
    I can't even understand the no pants thing. I don't love bare belly pics but combined with no pants?
    This exactly.  Why did you take a picture like that?!?!  Yoga pants will sit below your bump just fine.  Nobody wants to see that.0
  • Options
    I can't tell if it's blump or bump with that big ass heart sticker. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the big ass heart sticker there, but no one is looking at your stomach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't tell if it's blump or bump with that big ass heart sticker. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the big ass heart sticker there, but no one is looking at your stomach.
    As I stay longer in the non TTCAL boards, I'm finding there's a sh*t ton of strange folks in the bump universe. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @TattoosandLace sorry to hear about your family, so ridiculous that you are pregnant and they are adding to your stress with pointless lie's!  @Idawngirl781 my MIL is the same,she came over the other day and just sat on the sofa reading Facebook because she knows I'm not on it and thinks I'm missing out! Since we moved in she let's herself in and cleans my house before I get home from work! Very helpful but it does make me feel like I'm being judged for not keeping a tidy home (yes I know a problem most women would love)
  • Options
    @knottiemorris they don't even know about baby yet! Part of the reason we're holding off on announcing. We don't want to deal with more drama. 
  • Options
    I literally just snorted with laughter at your post @ash0625.

I couldn't focus on anything else too @TattoosandLace
  • Options
    Drama on the TTGP bored. Read the thread titled closed. OP deleted her original post but not all of her justifications for posting it & the responses are great.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    A post went up in January BMB of a woman asking if her bump was baby or bloat at 15w3d.  They told her she belongs in February.  Get ready ladies.  She didn't have pants on in her picture so she put a heart sticker over herself.  
    Excellent. 

Step aside ladies, mom of the year award is all mine. This morning I was so tired I just laid DD in bed with me and handed her my phone for TWO HOURS while I snoozed some more. I usually give her like 30 minutes for me to accept it's time to get up. 

best advice I can give a FTM is never say "I will never xyz" because you probably will. 

When I was in my third trimester with my twins, I was absolutely exhausted.  One night, my ex wasn't home.  I let my 2 year old pull a couple boxes of cereal out of the pantry and feed herself dinner while I lay on the couch.  I won mom of the year that year.
  • Options
    Drama on the TTGP bored. Read the thread titled closed. OP deleted her original post but not all of her justifications for posting it & the responses are great.
    Wow!! Where do these people come from! And what are they thinking! 
  • Options
    No pants bump pictures,  fed.  Not okay.  And I'm also on team no naked bumps,  my belly is not beautiful after so many pregnancies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Good find. Such a glen coco was around when I was here last time. She's golden 
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    I'm also on team no bare belly or naked pictures 

can I brag for a sec? During DD's nap I made 10 turkey sausage breakfast burritos for freezing and 12 banana oat muffins instead of taking a nap like usual. I dunno where that energy came from, but I hope it sticks around, lots to do around here 

Mmm breakfast burritos 
  • Options
    Add me to the list, dinner for my one year old was a piece of bread and some ripped up deli turkey while we sat on the couch and watched Sarah and Duck. Which, by the way, is an AWESOME show. One of his first words was 'duck'......whoops?
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Ashoes123 said:
    I love these honest posts. I feel like I've been running for Mom of the Year since week 6 of this pregnancy.  21 month old DD goes pretty much comatose infront of the t.v. And she's probably seen Finding Dory and Trolls 180 times in the past few weeks. Dinner tonight was a ham and cheese rollup. Not proud at all but this pregnancy is kicking the crap out of me.
    My DD is almost 18 months. It's full on survivalist mode over here. We live on YouTube and Moana. I do a steam bag of veggies and give her some of that with lunch meat, chicken nuggets, or a hot dog. She's still eating better than DH and I are which is sad. 
  • Options
    Ashoes123 said:
    I love these honest posts. I feel like I've been running for Mom of the Year since week 6 of this pregnancy.  21 month old DD goes pretty much comatose infront of the t.v. And she's probably seen Finding Dory and Trolls 180 times in the past few weeks. Dinner tonight was a ham and cheese rollup. Not proud at all but this pregnancy is kicking the crap out of me.
    My DD is almost 18 months. It's full on survivalist mode over here. We live on YouTube and Moana. I do a steam bag of veggies and give her some of that with lunch meat, chicken nuggets, or a hot dog. She's still eating better than DH and I are which is sad. 
    I wish DD would eat veggies or deli meat. Mama you're winning 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Ashoes123 said:
    I wish DD would eat veggies or deli meat. Mama you're winning 
    I will accept this small victory. DD is a lot of things, but a picky eater is not one of them. 
  • Options
    My husband referred to me in a text as a house dragon.

i don't know whether to laugh at this clever term and embace it, or be offended. I mean I could really play that up
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Just read the thread from TTGP.  These people must just sit and say what's the most insensitive and thoughtless thing I can say in this room.  Geez
  • Options
    Just read the thread from TTGP.  These people must just sit and say what's the most insensitive and thoughtless thing I can say in this room.  Geez
    But those ladies have their snark game down! Probably from dealing with drive by posts so frequently.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    They do @rainafire77!  I enjoy the snark
  • Options

Oh. Fun. Baby is due during red flag snowstorm days. 
  • Options

So....uh....what do you do when it snows crazy like that? It doesn't snow here at all. 
  • Options

So....uh....what do you do when it snows crazy like that? It doesn't snow here at all. 
    You cry. I live in MD and basically everything shuts down bc god forbid a flake fall from the sky.

If it's a for real blizzard you enjoy the first 24 hours before wanting to crawl into a hole from cabin fever even though you've gone outside every 2-4 hours around the clock to shovel the crap just to still have hours of shoveling left when the snow plow pushes more snow up against your car...if they ever come. When I was pregnant with my first we had back to back blizzards and plows never hit our block bc we lived on a skinny street. The men on the block shoveled the street. There was only five of them. 

And if your pregnant...and go into labor...you call 911 and the national guard usually gets you bc the ambos get stuck bc MD sucks. Last blizzard I recall a lot of couples that camped out in maternity ward waiting rooms and one lady in my neighborhood that gave birth in the ambo that got stuck. 
  • Options
    @smorzandoj ummmmm that's terrifying and sounds awful. I'll be sure to read that to DH who just tried to move us to Philadelphia 
  • Options
    sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited August 2017
    I live in Eastern Canada so we are no stranger to blizzards. I live in town now so it would be rare for us to be stuck more than 12 hours with a blizzard. If I go into labor during one I'll be calling the midwife and she'll get here by ambulance if she has to. If for some reason I am no longer eligible for a home birth at that point (increased risk, malpositioning) I have several neighbors who could watch my kids in a pinch if my mom was unable to get here to watch them.

When I lived a bit out of town I remember a couple years ago where they didn't plow us out for 5(!) Days so everyone was stuck there. Someone used a four wheeler to plow a small path but the snow was too heavy to do much more. They also had no power for that time either because power crews could not get in to fix the lines. I anticipated this so stayed at my parents the night of the storm because they live in town

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @smorzandojthat sounds scary, hope that doesn't happen when you go into labor.
  • Options
    Hubby and I had a fight last night and it ended with him walking outside to "cool off" and me just going to bed. Apparently he slept on the couch because I woke up once at like 3am and he wasn't there and again to the sound of his car leaving for work. 
    I feel guilty saying it, but man....I slept really well last night.....

• Options
    Our house is 1/4 Mile from a main road,  and we have 2 4 wheel drive trucks. If the plow doesn't come we'll just off-road it to the main road and hope its clear if not, its  2.5 miles to the hwy.  My dh says we can make out,  because it's all downhill except at the corner is a hill.  I'm due 2/2, so maybe the storms will be between? Out here everything doesn't shut down for snow,  it just goes at a slower pace, although last year we did have to walk to the barn 4 days strait to bottle fed babies during or big storm.  That sucked...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Question for mama's with a new crib.

Apparently we can't use drop sided cribs anymore.  How on earth do yoy get a sleeping baby in a crib without lowering the side? And how do you climb in,  in the middle of the night when an almost 1 year old refuses to stay asleep? 

I am very upset about this new regulation :( .  The last crib i bought was in 2001 and i used it until 2011. It's in my ex husband's attic now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Doing anything in February is a crap shoot here. It seems every year it snows during a big thing I have, like surgery, or bachelorette party, or IVF monitoring. At least H can drive in snow.

@julievdm12 I slept in the guest room last night because H had to get up at 4am today, and man, I slept like a rock.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    We have farm machinery that can plow us out the 2 miles to the highway. Thank God. Living 1h15m from the hospital makes me a touch nervous this round. 
  • Options
    DH just had the "I know we said Team Green this time around, but I was hoping by now you'd change your mind and I think I've gotten used to knowing and it's up to you but I want to know." conversation. 

Uh. What. 
  • Options

Um, I have already declared that Boston will have no snow this winter. I am not sure why Farmers' Almanac would publish this. 

I am scared that there will be a storm when I go into labor. My last one was very quick, so I am a bit terrified I will be on the side of the road in a blizzard giving birth.