November 2016 Moms

June Venting/FFC/WTF

Re: June Venting/FFC/WTF

• kvrunskvruns member
    I know my mental/emotional state is often tied to LO - meaning his really bad days make it really tough to cope. He won't sleep and I can't stop crying which I know doesn't help the situation but I didn't sign up to do this alone and it sucks 
  • Loading the player...
  • kvruns said:
    I know my mental/emotional state is often tied to LO - meaning his really bad days make it really tough to cope. He won't sleep and I can't stop crying which I know doesn't help the situation but I didn't sign up to do this alone and it sucks 
    *hugs* 
  • I know it's cheesy and doesn't help much in reality but you are not alone @kvruns! We are here for you. I wish I could get together with you for coffee. I wish I could just move you in next door and help you through. A new mom village would be pretty darn awesome. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    So now that my hair has finally stopped shedding excessively, my finger nails are breaking. Normally wouldn't be a big deal, but they are breaking super low, like middle of my nail low. So I can't cut it because half of my nail bed would be exposed. It keeps snagging on everything though and will probably get ripped off eventually which will hurt like hell. 
    My nails are breaking like crazy this week too!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    yes a new mom village would be awesome @desoky01 because we all have different things to contribute that I'm sure would help out others!  I do hope to find a local "mom village" sometime. I have friends with kids but not quite the same ages and honestly I don't really want friends IRL knowing all that is going on 
  • @kvruns totally understandable! 
  • I just can't do today. It started with my car not starting and being late as a result and has continued to a ridiculous day of running in circles and barely keeping up with myself and my job. I just want to stop and take a breath but it's not happening until I lay down for bed tonight and even then it will only be for like an hour or two before LO gets up.

Not to mention I clearly turned the monitor off last night in my sleep and feel horrible about that but also that my stressed out franticness is very much rubbing off onto my ODD when I hear her mutter or react to things the way I do. I had done such a good job at modeling all good behaviors before having DS and here I am reverting back to the not so great ones. Ugh. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Hugs @SandNStarsNJ when is school out for the summer?
  • kvruns said:
    Hugs @SandNStarsNJ when is school out for the summer?
    June 23rd... can't come soon enough.
  • How is it only Monday?!!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • anne11716 said:
    How is it only Monday?!!! 
    Hahahaha FACT. and my week isn't really a m-f kinda week since I work nights and I don't really have a "weekend" so to speak. But still... Mondays are Mondays and Mondays suck universally.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I think I have a stressful fracture in my foot. I had one in th same foot early 2016 and I feel similar pain just in a different spot. Bc that is what I need, my one little fun of taking walks with LO ( and also a sanity saver) it hurts too much to do. 
  • kvruns said:
    I think I have a stressful fracture in my foot. I had one in th same foot early 2016 and I feel similar pain just in a different spot. Bc that is what I need, my one little fun of taking walks with LO ( and also a sanity saver) it hurts too much to do. 
    It's not medically sound advice, but I usually slap one of those ace bandage flexible braces that go around the foot and ankle for the day and put a heating pad on it when sitting to prevent the pain and still be able to do all my physical stuff. But like I said, definitely not medically sound.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:
    It's not medically sound advice, but I usually slap one of those ace bandage flexible braces that go around the foot and ankle for the day and put a heating pad on it when sitting to prevent the pain and still be able to do all my physical stuff. But like I said, definitely not medically sound.
    I have been icing it. I actually have a boot that I keep forgetting to get out, I think I just need to start wearing it. I'm not going to go to the Dr since I know they would take xrays and put me in a boot so why bother when I already have one
  • Oh definitely the nails @ladybug2821. They are splitting in two and what not.
    My hands look awful and I get asked if it hurts. Yes, yes it does.

Im sorry to hear @kvruns, I agree with @desoku01 a mum village would be a great idea. Where shall I move too? Still have tons of movingboxes packed as who has time to unpack being pregnant and than a newmum.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 I keep forgetting you're pregnant!! How is the pregnancy going? How are you feeling?!
  • @kristah2 I don't think @tvh1982 is pregnant - @Emmaholmes89 is the one who said awhile ago she was unexpectedly joining the Nov 2017 group. And we haven't heard much from her since so I hope it's going well. 
  •  @lajoliedreamer ahh yes ! Thanks for that!! Sorry @tvh1982 clearly losing my mind. When you said pregnant I wasn't thinking moved while pregnant (even though I did the same thing!). 
    Hope all is going well with @Emmaholmes89!!
  • I'm a wreck right now. This afternoon for his snack I gave DS an Annie's fruit rollup. He's had them many times before, but for whatever reason, this time he tore off too big of a piece I guess and didn't chew it well enough and swallowed it and started choking. At first he was gagging and coughing, and I realized what was happening, but since he was coughing I just tried to reassure him and watched him, figuring it would work it's way out. Well, after a few seconds I thought he had gotten through it, he was coughing, crying, etc., then he started gagging again and a few seconds later started turning blue. I panicked. He was turning blue sooooo fast, I knew that dialing 911 would do nothing because there was no way anyone would get here in time, so I did what you're not supposed to do and I hooked my finger into the back of his throat and fished out a long piece of fruit rollup. The whole incident lasted probably less than 60 seconds and honestly, I don't even know how it could obstruct his airway because it was long and skinny? He cried for several minutes, and coughed a little more, and drank some water, but after about 5 minutes was fine and back up and playing. Once I calmed down I called his pediatrician and told them what had happened and they said just to keep an eye on him and as long as he's acting energetic and like his normal self, then he's fine. He was happy and energetic and ran and played all afternoon, but I've been a wreck all day. I just put him to bed, but I have the monitor out and I am literally watching every breath he takes. I don't what I'm worried about because it seems like once the incident is over, it's over and there shouldn't be any after-effects, but I'm still so worried and shaken up. I know I won't be sleeping tonight.
  • Oh @mrsmoose5 I'm so sorry, how scary! Sounds like you did the right thing, you acted quickly and saved your LO. You're an amazing mother! 
  • So scary @mrsmoose5.
    You did brilliantly!
    It'll take a few days before you can 'relax' again. Or so it was for me after the almost suffocating. It kinda feels like I've a newborn at home again. 
    Luckily babies bounce back fast and won't remember!
    I hope you get a wee bit of sleep, and remember you acted fast and amazingly. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Way to go mom!! You did a great job @mrsmoose5 and while very scary you didn't hesitate! I'm so sorry you had that happen but glad he is okay!
  • camcbethcamcbeth member
    edited June 2017
    @mrsmoose5 ODD choked at 2 1/2 years on a dumb dumb sucker. It came off the stick and I could hear DH telling her to keep it in her cheek. I was doing dishes and half heard what was going on. Had I realized the sucker came off the stick I would've taken it all away and thrown it away. Well not even a minute later she was choking. I too used my finger and scooped it out. While my husband yells at me to call 911. I was like, to hell with that. I don't want to wait. We also did back blows ( recommended by cpr classes) but they didn't work. My finger hook did and that's a big no no. That thing was just bouncing around in her throat. Ever since she knows why she can't have one. She also knows to take small bites. It worries me to give her candy still. That was a year and a 1/2 ago and it is still fresh in my mind. 
    You did the right thing. I hope you can rest easy tonight. 
    @tvh1982 I read your post twice and wished I could give you a hug! It's hard keeping these little people safe all the time. You're doing a fantastic job, don't be too hard on yourself.
  • You did the right thing @mrsmoose5. The finger hook is a last resort but it's still a resort. That and mommy intuition served you well. Be kind to yourself and hug those LOs. 
  • @mrsmoose5 wow, you're a superhero. Way to go! I would definitely be shaken up too. 
    If it helps it all the times I've heard of or seen a child choking the parent always does the finger scoop. I know it's a no no but you have to do whatever you can at that time. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    So scary but you did awesome @mrsmoose5

i did an infant first aid class at babies r us where they go through choking and cpr but I admit I don't remember much on choking other than hit their back. Need to brush up for sure 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Dear coworker, we have conference room scheduling processes for a reason. Don't just grab a room for an hour meeting without ever checking the schedule and seeing that I already have it reserved for the 2nd half of your meeting time. Then act sheepish when I come to kick you out but since it is a client call I can't. There were plenty of other rooms you could have used, be courteous!!!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @mrsmoose5 Wow, so scary!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @mrsmoose5 focus on the fact that you saved his life. Seriously, good job! You didn't panic and did what you needed to do. Also, if it makes you feel better, I'm 30 and choked last summer on a piece of steak. I was pregnant and hungry.
  • @mrsmoose5 So glad everything is ok now! 
  • jsmaijsmai member
    @mrsmoose5 So glad he is okay now.  It sounds like you did just the right thing!

Need to vent a bit... H is out of town for the week at a work conference.  My mom is in town visiting to help me manage S and the dog. I'm grateful for the company but my mom has me convinced that I'm starving my daughter.  She went from the 70% to 35% between her 4 and 6 month check ups.  Ped said not to worry, that bf babies can plateau for a little bit.  He encouraged me to increase solids.  We're trying to do .25 cup twice a day.  I'm going slow with introductions as she's already had a reaction to apples and sweet potatoes.  My mother is convinced I need to be offering both breasts every time plus 1/3 cup 3x day. (She's always feed on one side per feeding except at bed) And she wants to introduce all the foods, like now.

All of this because S loves to chew on everything all the time. I fell like that's just her m.o. right now. I'm getting some serious mom guilt here.  Have I been starving my kid?
  • edited June 2017
    @jsmai - if your ped isn't worried, I don't think you should be. If you have always fed on one side each feeding, your supply should be keeping up with that. If you're really concerned, pump for a day and bottle feed it to her on the schedule you normally keep to see what your supply is doing. It's not going to be 100% accurate, but will give you an idea. Offering her more solids isn't a bad idea, but certainly not quadrupling her intake! Babies feel things out orally, so it's completely normal for her to be chewing everything. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @jsmai if your pediatrician isn't worried, don't worry. I know when B was small my well meaning family kept saying things like that and I was like it's cool, I've got this. Eventually he plumped up. 

What would happen if you offered both sides - does she just not take the 2nd one? Mine has always done both sides so I"m not a lot of help there
  • @jsmai M dropped percentiles too and his doc said nothing to worry about and I agree! Trust your mom instincts!! you could always try offering a bit more solids when you do. Baby will let you know when she is full by turning away or spitting it out. 
    Otherwise I would keep doing what you're doing.