May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 1.16 - 1.22

Re: Randoms and Questions 1.16 - 1.22

• Options
    I have the Graco Snugride infant seat and the Click Connect stroller on our registry, but I've been staring at two different patterns for hours trying to figure out which I like best. It's these oh-so-difficult decisions that take forever for me to decide on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot that happens to me frequently. I usually have to find a way to log back in. Sometimes it takes a few tries. 
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    Random post but i was so afraid what would happen to my body with twins because i put fat on everywhere with dd and swelled sooooooooo bad. I know I'm only at 23 weeks and don't want to jinx it, but i have virtually NO swelling and feel like the babies are sucking the fat out of my face! I havent felt like i had a thin face for a few years now (i mean thin for me... I always have big cheeks no matter what i weigh )
    @Jkp7749: now that's what I call a silver lining!  ;)
  • Options
    So while this is my second pregnancy it's the first time I have had sex while pregnant (I know, I know) My ute is 10 kinds of pissed. I've been drinking water and waiting it out but I'm wondering if anyone else's gets crabby for a long time afterwards? It's been like 4.5 hours and I'm still uncomfortable and crampy. 
    @WombThereItIs: Yes, sometimes, the uncomfortableness of it all. Not sure about the 5 hours later part, though. Are you in pain?

On the whole, sex while preggers is okay and safe, and we could venture down the road of how vigorous your mambo was today and discuss better positions in the future... but suffice to say, you need to follow your gut here. Maybe a chat with a nurse would help settle your mind. Please consider it?
  • Options
    Thanks @jayandaplus, @rkstro2, @vrj0522. I think I feel like it's weird to have a big shower again. I think I'm okay with a little close friends only thing. If it comes up again that's what I'll suggest. 
  • Options
    @SKZW thanks. I wasn't really worried since I was having sex with a doctor ;) If it happens again I might ask my doc if that means I can just be done with sex for now but I think maybe next time I'll just try to hydrate better beforehand? It was odd feeling caught off guard since this is 2.0 and it all feels so old hat most of the time. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    slssls member
    edited January 2017
    @nda_roxybabe Good to know about the coffee. I think I'm having my last cup this morning (had one left on the punch card!) and then I'm going caffeine free for the rest of the pregnancy. It doesn't seem to be doing anything anyway, so why drink it?  :D

@bacorrea Yeah, when I've gotten the dizzy spells it seems to be morning, when I haven't had as much water. Swapping water for coffee should help, I'm sure. Let's hope.

@vrj0522 Everything seems to be happening waaaaaay earlier in this pregnancy. I guess it's good to know it's normal?

@chickyclg This makes me feel better, actually. I mean, I don't want to be like, "You guys don't even know," but this pregnancy is like, um, two in one? Lol. Sooooo much harder than my first. With my first, it was not easy, but I was coping. I feel like I've hit a wall right now, and I'm not even functioning. And I'm not even halfway through. Like, I'm so tired, I struggle even to open the Bump app and read posts. Last night, I was like, "Oh, yeah, I made a post, better check on it... Nope."

I'm going to talk to my midwife tomorrow, but I really have no idea how I'm going to keep this up. And every Tuesday, I'm supposed to walk an extra 15 minutes downtown to another office location. Didn't today. Can't. Don't know what I'm going to tell my boss. I guess the truth, since I also look like I got ran over by a truck. D-:
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    I have never gained this much weight with my previous pregnancies, and I am plus size to begin with. So last week I decided to start the gestational diabetes diet on my own. I have not been diagnosed, but I will take the test at my next appointment. I did have it with DS2. Anyway, after loosely following the diet and increase my activity, I lost 1 lb last. week! I don't can't yesterday since it was a holiday :) but I am back on the wagon today.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @mcvgal: Glad to hear about the increased activity and healthier eating! We could all use some fine-tuning in our daily habits <I'm slowly putting this cookie back onto the plate...> Please be sure to chat with your OB if you plan to make any drastic changes, just so everyone's on the same page.
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot is there suppose to be a sale at Target next week for graco products? this is the first time i'm reading this, and we were literally getting ready to go on and buy our graco car seat this week, but I may wait if there is suppose to be a sale. 

We used graco snugride with DD and loved it. We still have the fast action fold stroller, but didn't keep the infant seat. So we want to get another seat that will be compatible with the stroller. we beat the wheels off our big stroller last time and it still looks brand new so they hold up so well! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

@skzw thanks, my weight came up at my last appointment. My OB actually suggested started the gestational diabetes diet, I just nodded and agreed with her because I had already started it on my own two days before that appointment. The good thing is she said since I don't actually had GD I can still eat that cookie when I want to. So this last weekend I still treated myself, and it felt good to be taking control of everything.

I am also wondering about the target sale. I have not purchased one thing for this baby and I know we definitely need a new stroller this time around.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @BeachMommy2B

Starting 1/22, Target has all Graco up to 25% off.  We also have the fast action fold stroller with 3 wheels and I love that thing.  I think it gets out shined by the more expensive strollers.  If their double stroller compared, I would have went with that.  Unfortunately, there was nothing "fast action" about the double.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot thanks for the heads up!!! we will definitely wait on the carseat until after that sale starts! I refuse those big double strollers. We have what I consider an upgraded umbrella stroller, if we still need one for DD she can use that, and we will use the travel system one for baby.

However, I expect by the time baby is here DD wont be in the stroller. She turned 3 in December and was already getting way to antsy when we would go places like the mall and Disney before, so we just pushed an empty stoller most of the time. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Double strollers are my life   :/ I borrowed a friend's  kinder wagon Hop (check this one out!) and loved it so I bought the Summer infant 3D two, it was not the same, similar yes, but you can tell the quality difference for sure.  

I am honestly a little terrified of my will be 2.5-3 year olds not wanting to go in the stroller while we have a baby.  They handle the wagon so much better, but the wagon is a whole other ball game in malls and such.  We are seriously talking about getting a triple wagon though.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg  I was wondering about the Summer Infant double.  We love our 3-D single.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Have any of you been able to start to tell one body part from another in there? I get so curious as to exactly where baby is and what they're doing. I can often find the 2 hard areas of the butt and head, right now just 1 though, so they must be at an angle.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @chickyclg  I was wondering about the Summer Infant double.  We love our 3-D single.  
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot   it wasn't a bad stroller, but not a great one either.  I have friends that swear by it with their twins.  I felt like I could feel it flex (is this the right word?) when we would turn, I also don't see the foam lasting on the handles either.  I ended up selling it after 3ish months.  For the price it was great, but It was a little longer than I liked (I'm not a Tandem stroller fan) and at the time I had too many strollers and never really used it, I might be a baby gear hoarder.   If I thought I would get $300 worth of use out of the Kinderwagon, I would buy it in a heartbeat though.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm so glad mine isn't the only toddler who is not a big stroller fan! I did just buy the Chicco Bravo for 2 (got it for $170 after discounts and a couple diaper gift cards) so I'll let you know how it is in person next week when it gets here!
  • Options
    Another random Q: Team Green-ers, what do you call baby? I will say "the baby" sometimes, but that gets redundant so then I'll say things like "They have been moving like crazy!" both H and my Mom have been like "They? Why you calling the baby 'they"". Well, I don't want to call it "it" and while I think it's a girl I also don't want to say "she".
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I'm not really able to distinguish which is the head and which is the butt, but I can definitely tell where baby is most of the time. 

We we are also team green and I usually refer to the baby as "the baby" and occasionally "it". DD has nicknamed the baby Cece, so everyone also calls the baby Cece. MH occasionally refers to the baby as he and DD refers to it as she. I think that I'm just going to have one very confused kiddo. 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe we are terrible. We pretty much only refer to baby as "it" and usually only "the baby" when we are joking around (ie-the baby doesn't want to watch that show).
  • Options
    Kipperoo lol, my husband is somewhat of a prepper. So I totally get the "what if we have to evacuate" logic. Makes total sense.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe we had a generic name for baby we used last time when we didn't find out. He/she/it was "tiny human" and that worked pretty well. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    Kipperoo lol, my husband is somewhat of a prepper. So I totally get the "what if we have to evacuate" logic. Makes total sense.
    It's funny because we are TOTALLY not like that, but this election craziness just has me a bit of edge with what to expect the next 4 years--basically, expect the unexpected because it's far from "business as usual". I just feel like this is a case where there is no harm in getting the passport now and hoping the only time we use it is when this baby-to-be is a little bigger and we go on a family trip someplace tropical. :-) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe we had a generic name for baby we used last time when we didn't find out. He/she/it was "tiny human" and that worked pretty well. 
    Hmm yes, we do call it "the Brady Baby", but saying "The Brady Baby was going crazy during that movie" sounds like a mouthful. I'll just keep mixing up the baby, they, brady baby, and whatever else. I didn't think it was that weird to say "they".
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    We stick to "the baby".  I sort of think this maybe a girl but not strong gut feeling.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I'm not team green but before we found out and even still sometimes now I just use "Baby" like a proper noun. "Baby did not enjoy that dinner" "baby is kicking me in the bladder - stop it baby!"
  • Options
    What are you ladies doing for head colds? Taking anything over the counter? My nose won't stop running and the cough is exhausting. 
  • Options
    kaley04 said:
    What are you ladies doing for head colds? Taking anything over the counter? My nose won't stop running and the cough is exhausting. 
    My Dr. and my pharmacist and Dr. Google said I could take behind the counter sudafed. Just the basic one, no sudafed-cold or anything. Obviously check with your Dr. to make sure thats okay for you. I've gotten 2 sinus infections in the past month, thank goodness for some medicine!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    absbubbs said:
    @nda_roxybabe we are terrible. We pretty much only refer to baby as "it" and usually only "the baby" when we are joking around (ie-the baby doesn't want to watch that show).
    I refer to her as "the baby" and "it" all the time since we're keeping it a surprise for everyone else. I guess I don't mind saying "it".
  • Options
    kaley04 said:
    I'm in the same boat. Just doing a sinus rinse and soldiering on for now. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    kaley04 said:
    My doctor also said behind the pharmacy counter meth-y sudafed was fine.  Robitussin DM is also on her approved list.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    kaley04 said:
    My dr said regular Sudafed, mucinex and something else I can't remember. 
  • Options
    emilyalso said:
    @nda_roxybabe I may just be a Cotton-headed-ninny-muggins, but I couldn't tell head from butt even at the END of my last pregnancy! We are Team Green this time and call this baby Lamb Chop. 
    Haha, I can't tell head from butt unless it has the hiccups. I just mean I can tell oh thats either a head or a butt! Then sometimes I'm like that must be an arm/leg? So weird. How do I get this thing a go pro?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry