July 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    Had my 8 week ultrasound today. I'm 8+1 and measuring at 8+4. Due date staying the same at July 11. Heart rate was 178 and I got to see my little peanut moving all over the place! Such a relief that everything looked good! 
  • Options
    amack2388amack2388 member
    edited December 2016
    @BabyBuckWay Ha I didn't see it before, but I sure see it now! Grow, Kenny, grow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @irishrose54 wonderful news!!! I'm crossing my fingers so hard that these are BOTH your rainbow babies!!! <3

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
  • Options
    @irishrose54 How exciting! 
  • Options
    @irishrose54 wow! How wonderful! <3
  • Options
    @Mrymntgrl Wow that is amazingly high quality! I've seen some of that type among friends too. It must be a fancy new machine??
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    Had my first ultrasound today. 9 weeks 1 day. saw a little heart just a beating away. so happy! 
  • Options
    Love seeing everyone's little beans! Quick question, I'm going in for my first ultrasound tomorrow. I'll be 7+3, and I'm wondering if I need a full bladder for a good scan? My doc says that's she will have me empty my bladder before the scan, but I'm reading online that it should be full...any advice from those who have just done it?  Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @vwsfy6 I think during my last pregnancy I wasn't asked to have a full bladder for my first tri ultrasound and I WAS asked not to pee before my 20 week anatomy scan.  It might just depend on what your tech prefers so I'd bring a water bottle and ask them when you get there so that you aren't unnecessarily uncomfortable.  GL tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vwsfy6  just a guess, but you may be getting a trans-vaginal ultrasound vs trans-abdominal since you're in early pregnancy. You only need a full bladder for the abdominal
  • Options
    @ebennett1007 I am also expecting twins and
    my RE has reminded me twice about vanishing twin even though they both are growing on track and have strong heartbeats. It is stressful but I'm trying to stay positive. Chances are everything will be fine!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irishrose54 has your RE told you when the chance of vanishing twin goes down? 

Our RE didn't tell us about it, but we found out about it on twin boards :-)
  • Options
    @ebennett1007 he didn't mention it, no. Tomorrow I am seeing the Mfm so I'll ask and let you know what info I get. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    edited December 2016
    First ultrasound this morning. Measuring 9 weeks 1 day, HR 180s! Can't believe it. I go back in a couple of weeks for the early risk assessment, which includes another US, and some blood tests.

EDIT: Here's our little gummy bear!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    We had our first appointment and it didn't go so well. Started with an US and measured 6w2 (supposed to be 8w). Also no visible heartbeat. think I know when we conceived... B/w 10/19-10/21 but according to my last cycle, they est I should be 8w. I'm over here trying to figure out this math. I'm having cramping, nausea, breast tenderness, and I'm hungry nearly all the time. I don't have any spotting. So symptoms are good. They're saying it's 50/50 with a healthy pregnancy. I go back in a week and we're praying the baby grows and we see a Heartbeat. We'd appreciate any prayers you could say. Anyone else in this boat?
  • Options
    @MamaMarsee - FX and prayers for you! At my first ultrasound I was also measuring two full weeks behind based on my LMP And even though I suspected I ovulated late I was so confused and even panicked about being so far behind. My doctor had me do another u/s a week later though which showed that baby is progressing well and my doc says that sometimes we just can't predict based on LMP alone as every woman is different and sometimes cycles go way off! I hope this is the case for you and that you see a heartbeat on your next appt!
  • Options
    I'll be praying for you.
  • Options
    Praying for you @MamaMarsee!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Finally had my ultrasound today.  I thought I was 7 weeks exactly but I'm measuring at 7+4. Got to see the little one and heartbeat at 140. This is my first pregnancy. I'm still awed that there's really a little one in there. We also saw my 2 fibroids but Dr doesn't think they'll pose a risk. 
  • Options
    Yesterday was my first ultrasound, but they didn't find anything. The tech said that it might be too early and I might have conceived a bit later than thought in an attempt to comfort me. Tomorrow I see the doc. Let's see what he says. Please send your good vibes my way.