July 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    Not carrying twins, and I am very thankful for that! I think GS stands for the 2 gestational sac measurements that the OB took.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG @manillabar  --- Def. stealing your ticker site! <3

1 on earth, 2 in heaven watching over us.
  • Options
    @telus haha steal away!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    sdang1sdang1 member
    edited November 2016
    So I had an ultrasound yesterday and now I'm more scared than ever. my cycles were irregular since getting off the pill and becoming pregnant. My last period was in the beginning of September. I think i just skipped a cy le and ovulated around October 23rd. I do 95% believe I'm about 5w5d. (I was very horny on Oct 23 and had symptoms of ovulation, I also was temping, although I wasn't consistent) At my ultrasound, there was only a sac. my fnp was talking to me after about how she is concerned that there is no fetal pole yet. maybe they think I should  be farther along? Or maybe I should have a fetal pole at 5w5d? I don't know. But she made me go get another hcg level blood test to check my levels again. She also scheduled another ultrasound next week for me. With the holiday, she said let's not do it Wednesday afternoon in case you get some news, I don't want you to be thinking about it all night before Thanksgiving. It was so negative sounding. Now all I am doing is worrying. Any advice? Prayers please❤❤
  • Options
    This is why early ultrasounds are such a pain in the butt. Not even six weeks, and that just based on a guess (that's not meant as a bad thing)? I seriously wouldn't panic yet. I'm not sure I'd be super impressed with your doctor being that negative either. I had this happen to me last go round (5.5 weeks, gestational sac with nothing in it, 6.5 week, gestational sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat, 7.5 weeks, finally FINALLY saw a heartbeat and were told the pregnancy was viable). It was a miserable 4 weeks, waiting for news. My advice? Operate as if it were to early to see anything, don't panic or stress if you can help it, and think positive thoughts.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sdang1 I'm  surprised your dr was so negative! It's definitely still early. When do you get another ultrasound? Is the dr waiting for the blood test until after thanksgiving? It seems worse to wait as it can be so stressful not knowing. Thinking of you and hoping you get answers swiftly. I also love the advice @ktewart gave and second that!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdang1 When I went at a little over 5 weeks all we saw was an empty gestational sac. I was panicking but my dr told me not to worry and sure enough, the next week we saw a heartbeat! Try not to worry too much. I know it's easier said than done though. I can't wait to see our little again in Dec.
  • Options
    @ktewart @irishrose54 @AngelleDG thanks for all of your kind words of motivation! It helps make the wait easier knowing it may have been too early and others have gone through the same situation! My doctor was on call at the hospital so I didn't see her. It was the family nurse practioner. she said she would let my doctor know about my situation and to monitor my blood levels. I'm guessing I could call Monday to get the levels. Although, maybe if I don't call and I don't hear anything, that would be good news?! My ultrasound is Wednesday morning. If my conception and ovulation dates are correction that will make me about 6w2d? Praying I will see a fetal pole and hopefully a hb by then! 
  • Options
    @mars8k this thread is pinned! I believe the plan is for this to be our mega ultrasound thread

ops my bad lol that's great!
  • Options
    sdang1 said:
    So I had an ultrasound yesterday and now I'm more scared than ever. my cycles were irregular since getting off the pill and becoming pregnant. My last period was in the beginning of September. I think i just skipped a cy le and ovulated around October 23rd. I do 95% believe I'm about 5w5d. (I was very horny on Oct 23 and had symptoms of ovulation, I also was temping, although I wasn't consistent) At my ultrasound, there was only a sac. my fnp was talking to me after about how she is concerned that there is no fetal pole yet. maybe they think I should  be farther along? Or maybe I should have a fetal pole at 5w5d? I don't know. But she made me go get another hcg level blood test to check my levels again. She also scheduled another ultrasound next week for me. With the holiday, she said let's not do it Wednesday afternoon in case you get some news, I don't want you to be thinking about it all night before Thanksgiving. It was so negative sounding. Now all I am doing is worrying. Any advice? Prayers please❤❤
    I went for my first ultrasound at 5 weeks in both pregnancies and my doctors always tell me beforehand not to be alarmed if we didn't get to see anything this time because it's too early. and did you do an over the belly ultrasound? to get those so early on you need a full bladder for some reason so it's not time to worry just yet, got back in a few weeks and let us know :)
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel what did your doctor say about the heart rate? Mine was 106 and I'm pretty nervous. Has anyone else had a lowish heart rate?
  • Options
    @runfast mine was 96 at 6w0d. My MIL is a retired OB and she said that it's very early to be looking at the heartbeat to measure it as it only started beating.
  • Options
    @breanamaldonado Mine is at nine weeks, so I think that's pretty normal. With my DS, they had me come in at 5.5 weeks and then I had to go back the following week because there wasn't a heartbeat yet! That was unnecessarily stressful, in my opinion. Usually they do an ultrasound at the first appointment so they can measure and confirm the pregnancy (at least at my doctor's). :) 
  • Options
    @lfk2013 - That is a video to cherish!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ThePecks said:
    Happy baby is growing like a weed! Measuring at 8w4d which puts me at June 30th (up from July 1, so who knows!). So I'm probably going to bounce back and forth between here and June board.  Great heartbeat, and even got to see a little movement and profile of the face. Hopping all continues to go well since my next appointment isn't until 12/15.
    Same for me, but moved me up 4 days to 6/29!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Hi ... my first ultrasound appointment is tomorrow.  i am so nervous. want to see my little bean. hope everything will be good. 
  • Options
    @sdang1 - keep us updated!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    navhar said:
    Hi ... my first ultrasound appointment is tomorrow.  i am so nervous. want to see my little bean. hope everything will be good. 
    @navhar - How did it go?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I didn't see my baby they may be I had miscarriage. Doctor told me to do blood test again
  • Options
    navhar said:
    I didn't see my baby they may be I had miscarriage. Doctor told me to do blood test again
    I'm so sorry to hear this! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hoping for the best. 
  • Options
    @navhar - keeping you in my thoughts
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    @abjm0325 So cute, but you might want to crop you real name out of that.
  • Options
    @chiquita928 Oops! Thank you!
  • Options
    I posted yesterday but it was one of the posts deleted. Anyways...first ultrasound was Tuesday. I was supposed to be 6w5d based on LMP October 6, but all we saw was a yolk sac. My doctor is concerned that the baby is not growing, and not optimistic for my next ultrasound Tuesday. TW* I have had two MC prior so I'm unfortunately used to the waiting game. I'm hoping I just ovulated late. I know we didn't even have sex until after the 23rd of October, twice. I also have weird cycles, usually 35 days long. 

Just asking for prayers. I know it's beyond my control, but I was so excited to find out we are pregnant again! Either way, I seriously have the best husband in the world who is so supportive. For that I am thankful.