July 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    navhar said:
    I didn't see my baby they may be I had miscarriage. Doctor told me to do blood test again
    @navhar

So sorry :( Hugs
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I notified my OB of my first pregnancy, they scheduled a blood test at 8 weeks and my first ultrasound for a week after that! Is that normal??  It seems so long from now! The waiting is torture. 
  • Options
    @amack2388 I'll be thinking of you until you get your news. Sounds like you ovulated late though so that bodes well. Hang in there. The waiting is always hard. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sheila1350z1 the wait is torture but that's totally normal for an uncomplicated pregnancy for you to be seen around 8-10 weeks for your first appt/US. Prior to that there may not be much to see on ultrasound anyway and this way you can hopefully avoid the stress of not seeing a fetal pole/no HB and then waiting in limbo to see if it was just too early or not.  My first USwas scheduled for 8w1d and I had one a few days earlier only because I was having spotting 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Second ultrasound two days ago showing my beautiful little baby and HR 107. So exciting!
  • Options
    first ultrasound was 11/ 23/ 16
    8 weeks due date July 5 2017 HR 147
    7. 1 in. Happy as he__ . 
  • Options
    runfast said:
    @WorkinWeezel what did your doctor say about the heart rate? Mine was 106 and I'm pretty nervous. Has anyone else had a lowish heart rate?
    @runfast she said it probably started beating the day before, so she wasn't concerned.  I did get to make a pleasant visit to the ER on Saturday (for 6.5 hours!!!) due to excessive bleeding.  All is ok, saw the little firecracker and the HB was 146!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I know what you mean! my first appointment isn't until 9w1d. I'm 7w today and we found out at 4w3d. Such a long time to wait  
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I know what you mean! my first appointment isn't until 9w1d. I'm 7w today and we found out at 4w3d. Such a long time to wait  
    Same! Found out in 4th week, and I'll be 10 weeks at my first appointment!!! It's awful. I just want to know how far I am. I keep having a nightmare I'm wayyyy further along than we thought. I have a big family wedding out of town in June, so I would feel like a huge jerk if I had to miss it. I just want to know if this is a viable pregnancy!!! Ugh!!!! 
  • Options
    So jealous of all of you who've already had ultrasounds. We went in for our first appointment today (I'm 8 weeks) and they said they normally don't do them until 10 weeks - they don't even try to hear the heartbeat this early. But then when she did my pelvic exam, she said my uterus was pointing straight up and that they could try to hear the heartbeat with the doppler after all. We couldn't find the heartbeat, so they're having us go in for an U/S in a week. Going to be pretty distracted until then.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @osucma did they move your EDD?

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    @georgiawife6912 for now they want to keep the due date the same as the first scan can sometimes be off, per the midwife.
  • Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited November 2016
    I wish I had a picture to post but the doctor couldn't get a good one. I had my first u/s on the 25th. Based on my positive opk I was thinking I was 7+4. Ultrasound showed I was 7w exactly with a heartbeat of 166! My husband and I were so relieved! We saw the heartbeat flicker and the doctor said everything looks great. I go back in 2 weeks, on December 9th just to make sure everything is still looking good then I graduate to my regular OB. Still have horrible morning sickness which is so reassuring to me.  

I did have a question for you ladies. The dr didnt tell me my due date but on my paperwork when i paid it said due date is July 3rd. By my calculations that would mean Im farther along than they said? Did they mean July 13th?
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I'm with you on wanting to know! Only I'm hoping I AM farther along than I think, only because that puts me closer to the 2nd trimester and hopefully less nausea.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @RubyRedPirate - based on the facts (appointment on 11/25 measuring at 7 weeks) sounds like they might have meant July 13
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Rae. said:
    @RubyRedPirate - based on the facts (appointment on 11/25 measuring at 7 weeks) sounds like they might have meant July 13

That's what I was thinking but my husband told me not to question the doctor (eye roll) 
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16

• Options
    glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @RubyRedPirate My doctor just bases EDD on LMP. My first u/s measured 5 days ahead and they didn't change it - she said the measurement differences are so tiny that they rarely rely on them this early.
    ETA: My due date is 7/3 and my LMP was 9/26.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @GlitterFish good point!
    @rubyredpirate what is your EDD if you calc it based on LMP?

ETA - the only reason I am thinking it's a mistake is because it is significantly off from where she calculated it should be (based on what she thought at the appointment, her EDD would be 7/10/17). If her EDD based on LMP was truly 7/3/17 but she was measuring with an EDD of 7/13 based on the scan, I definitely think that would justify changing her EDD to the scan estimate rather than the LMP estimate.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @rubyredpirate I agree with @glitterfish my EDD is based off LMP. My US and EDD were 2 days different but they aren't changing mine at this time either. They said at a later date with more growth they may change the date.
  • Options
    Rae. said:
    @GlitterFish good point!
    @rubyredpirate what is your EDD if you calc it based on LMP?

ETA - the only reason I am thinking it's a mistake is because it is significantly off from where she calculated it should be (based on what she thought at the appointment, her EDD would be 7/10/17). If her EDD based on LMP was truly 7/3/17 but she was measuring with an EDD of 7/13 based on the scan, I definitely think that would justify changing her EDD to the scan estimate rather than the LMP estimate.  
    Based on LMP my due date would be 7/15/17. He didnt say much during the scan, just that they measured twice and the first was 6+6 and the second measured 7+2 so he was going to say i'm 7w even. I didnt even think to ask my due date until i saw the note on my receipt. I have a recheck dec 9th so im sure it may change. 
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16

• Options
    Hi I am too nauseated to post very much these das.  I had my scan yesterday and my little squish measured a day ahead and had a HB of 128. Very please to only see one !  I get to go back in two weeks :)

EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • Options
    @RubyRedPirate I am 9w1d today and my due date is July 4th and was confirmed on u/s so I definitely think they meant July 13th if they confirmed you were measuring 7w just 5 days ago
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @callmemrschaos sorry you were going through a scare, but am very happy everything is good right now. :)
  • Options
    @amack2388 I just love your ultrasound photo! I don't know if you have ever seen South Park, but it reminds me of a side view of Kenny every time I look at it.  :-)
    Totally does! How did I not notice this?!