July 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

kathoxworthkathoxworth member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
Has anyone had an ultrasound yet? Please share your story and photis if so!! I'm 6 week today and having my first ultrasound Thursday. My last pregnancy was ectopic so we get an early peek. I will post picture's after!

Re: Ultrasounds

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay that is so exciting! We have the same due date. Hoping to see the same on Thursday!:)
  • Options
    Yay that is so exciting! We have the same due date. Hoping to see the same on Thursday!:)
    I'll be watching for you to update Thursday.  Good thoughts coming your way until then :)
  • Options
    So awesome to see a HB! I just texted my OB today asking which office she was in in 2 weeks to come in for an early US. I'm eager to get in but since my insurance is crappy i don't want to go in too early before there should be sure cardiac activity and have to pay for another scan a week later. I'll be about 7 weeks when I go (very certain of dates). 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I'll have one this Friday. They're not sure how much they'll be able to really see but want to try and get an accurate date since it seems like I ovulated later than expected. It's important because of the meds I'm on.
  • Options
    adwnyc said:
    Yay! Congrats @Itsnotyourturn I cried when the heartbeat flutter sound filled the room. Wishing you all the best!
    I'm not going to lie, I teared up. Congrats to you too @adwnyc!
  • Options
    Wait!  Where are all the pretty pictures????  That's the only reason I came in this thread lol!
  • Options
    YAY!!!!

@bumpadmin @bumptara @bumpcaitlin PLEASE STICKY THIS
  • Options
    I still have two more weeks until my first appointment. It's a new office for me so I hope they do an ultrasound the first appointment. The other day I had a dream that I fell asleep during my appointment and slept thru it all and missed it. 
  • Options
    We had our first appointment with a nurse yesterday for blood work. She told us they normally don't do an ultrasound until 20 weeks (February!!). I guess I'll be begging for them to do one before then! 
  • Options
    @cheriep3  20 weeks??? Wow! So no dating ultrasound or the NT?  I would be a wreck waiting that long to see my little bean.  It's hard enough for me to wait out the next two weeks (even though I wouldn't even see anything yet)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How exciting!! Anyone know how early they can detect twins with an ultrasound? I'm getting mixed information online.   Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vwsfy6 said:
    How exciting!! Anyone know how early they can detect twins with an ultrasound? I'm getting mixed information online.   Thanks!
    @vwsfy6 I believe its btwn 6-7 weeks as they can be off a few days for implantation, at least that is what my RE told me, so we do US at 8 weeks just to be sure everything is there thats going to be there, and that everyone has heart beats! Do you think you could be having twins??? I have been wondering myself since we transferred 2 embryos!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    @kfdecarie sounds like you have a much higher chance, but I did take Clomid this round and it worked! I don't typically get any ultrasounds with my pregnancies, so I want to have this early one, to know how to proceed from here...just in case it is 2 babes. How early did you get a BFP? I know that's not a tell all, but can be a sign if it's multiples. 
  • Options
    @vwsfy6 and @kfdecarie I have no good reason like you both do to suspect twins, but it has been on my mind since we found out I was pregnant. I find myself thinking, "when the babies are born," and "the babies will need ___." I don't know if it's just a persistent worry or if it's some sort of intuition. I don't know when I ovulated but when I got my positive test I was 3 weeks 2 days based on LMP. 

Factors increasing the odds of twins:
    Family history (two sets on mom's side)
    I'm 35 and overweight
    This was only my third cycle since giving birth to my son in January
    I'm breastfeeding (apparently this ups the chances??)

Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting my ultrasound on 12/5. When are your appointments?
  • Options
    Got to see the little bean yesterday along with the heartbeat! My EDD is spot on for July 1 go back in 2 weeks to make sure things are progressing .
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @vwsfy6 I got my first positive on a wondafo at 5dp5dt but it was so light i was convinced i was seeing a line when there was one, but at 6dp5dt i got a for sure positive and i took a frer to be sure i was not crazy! I dont know what will be in there, but if its twins i am for sure ready for that!!! So is my 4yo who is already convinced that its a boy and girl baby in there! :-) my 2yo is blissfully ignorant still... :-)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    My first appt. is when I'll be 10 weeks (I'm almost 7 weeks now). That seems late to me but I guess other people have said they do the first appt. anywhere from 8-12 weeks. I just really hope I get to do an ultrasound. Do you think they will do one at 10 weeks? I don't get why some do them earlier them others (when there isn't a complication or concern). Oh well I'm prepared to beg my doctor for one anyways haha 
  • Options
    @kfdecarie I'm not sure what 5dp5dt means exacly I'm assuming it means days transferred (dt)? If that's the case I'm going to say you are for sure having twins! That's so early, especially on a Wondfo!  How cool. I found out 9dpo, so that's not on the early side, but not super early. Either way you have to keep me posted! When is your US?
  • Options
    @mamadcb you will have to keep us posted! Sounds like you have a good chance too! I have caught myself thinking "the babies..." too, but really my intuition is telling me there is only one. 
  • Options
    Had one today and it was a black circle with a flashing light. I will take it! EDD still between 7/2 and 7/6- will know more at my 11 week u/s. they are calling it the latest for now to be safe! very cool to see the heartbeat :)
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kfdcarie that's the same timing for me too. How exciting! We want two more, so we would welcome twins too! Good luck! Hoping you get those two sweet babes!
  • Options
    I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning and I can't wait.
  • Options
    Congrats @BabyBuckWay!

Loving all the ultrasound photos. Keep 'em coming! I need something to tide me over until my appt on 12/21.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Morning everyone! I have my 6 week US later today, we hope we see the heartbeat! Had IVF with ICSI and we're so anxious, thanks everyone for sharing their stories makes me hopeful!
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama such a great photo! Was that a transvag ultrasound? I'm getting my dating u/s today and that's the kind it'll be so I'm curious about what the picture looks like
  • Options
    @theglitteredpterodactyl mine was transvaginal to give you reference

TTC since April 2015- low AMH, low Morphology
    Clomid~ Feb2016-Apr2016, BFN x 3
    Natural ovulation IUI June2016, BFN
    IVF #1 08/26/2016- 4 eggs mature, 4 fertilized normally, 1 made it to transfer
    Fresh Transfer 08/31/2016, BFP.. Miscarriage 17dp5dt
    IVF results were hard to handle, wanted to attempt IUI a few more times
    Medicated IUI (Gonal-F, Ovidrel trigger) Oct2016
    BFP 10/20/2016!!!! Beta 1 (10dpiui) 16.9: Beta 2 (11dpiui) 42.23: Beta 3 (14dpiui) 282

BabyFruit Ticker