February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/2)

I wasn't sure if we decided yay or nay to posting this on Sunday so I waited until the last possible second to post! Haha! :) 

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/2)

• Options
    Oh heyyyyy! I'm movin on over and sitting here.  

• Options
    I'll chill here. I've been lurking, again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jbuck909 I've been guilty of lurking quite a bit on here too lately. Stuff has been so uneventful for me lately. Lol
  • Options
    @Patience7150, I think we're going to get me an SUV before the baby gets here too. I think it will help make everything easier, plus with the major accident I had, I'm no longer comfortable with the thought of driving my car with a baby in it. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My parents will be here on Sunday and I'm freaking out at how much I still have to do. I'm taking the week off of work next week but I feel like I need to take time off this week to clean up my house lol. It's not awful but I didn't get a lot of organizing done after we moved cause of bfp so I just want the house to look tidy. Plus we've got to fix my car this week because the backseat window decided to break/come off the track and we were just about to try to sell it. Also our crib is sitting in the box in my dining room because we still haven't cleaned out the nursery. I feel like I'm never going to get anything done... :(
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    @Patience7150 I listed my sports car for sale this weekend too! I'm so upset about it. I just bought it in Feb and got my BFP in June. My H kept telling me to just keep it since I love it, but the financial side of me keeps telling me that's a bad idea. My new mom car will still be fun. It's a sedan and it has a V8 so I think I'll still be happy with it.
  • Options
    Me too @silvercamaro77. Me too. 3rd tri will be here in the blink of an eye, and there is so much left undone! 
  • Options
    @tishb we were considering a minivan, but we decided we weren't quite ready for that. Lol also the ones we liked weren't quite in our budget! Who knew minivans could be pricey?! 
  • Options
    We have. 2013 with all the fancy add ons, pretty well in budget that way! And it had low miles and only 1 previous owner! *WIN*
  • Options
    DH is pushing for me to get an SUV next, I little sedan that I love. My lease isn't up until next November though so this baby will be in my car for the start. He thinks I'll be sick of taking the stroller and stuff in and out of the trunk so we'll see. I'm kind of glad we chose to lease this vehicle now since it gives me some flexibility. 

In other news a co-worker told me my bump is looking cute! So far no one has noticed or at least not said anything or I've gotten comments like "you're not very big yet", "when will you start having a bump?" which just made me feel crappy b/c i can't clasp my pants so clearly they must just think I always look chubby. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    kswiger06 said:
    We haven't decided yet weather we want to go for a 4th or not, but I'm not into the idea of a minivan... I've been looking into those suvs with the 3rd row. Extra seating, but not a mini van.  :p
    The main reason we went minivan, is our boys are really tall. I figured as they grew, the minivan had more leg room for them to grow vs. a 3rd row SUV, unless we went with a big Suburban. Those were out of budget.
  • Options
    Our girls will be 2.5 years apart. I Finally got all of the baby clothes/toys and accessories sorted and lined up in our basement! I will still have to wash the first size and the bedding this winter. Along with a RNP/swing and car seat. But I feel like we made so much progress! Now to get the house cleaned - we have an appraisal for our mortgage refinance on Wednesday!
  • Options
    DH has always been very against getting a minivan, but after realizing that he still doesn't have much leg room in our Camry and how little space is actually in a 3rd row SUV, he's starting to really like the sound of it.

• Options
    @peachesnbean that's video was hilarious!
  • Options
    tishb said:
    kswiger06 said:
    We haven't decided yet weather we want to go for a 4th or not, but I'm not into the idea of a minivan... I've been looking into those suvs with the 3rd row. Extra seating, but not a mini van.  :p
    The main reason we went minivan, is our boys are really tall. I figured as they grew, the minivan had more leg room for them to grow vs. a 3rd row SUV, unless we went with a big Suburban. Those were out of budget.
    This is very true. Our SUV has fold up third row seating, but it's nothing I'd use regularly. Maybe for a quick trip (dinner,movies,errands) or maybe even while kids are young and in car seats/boosters but it is very limited. We got a certified used SUV and it came with it already, so we didn't see any harm in having the option. 
  • Options
    tishb said:
    kswiger06 said:
    I haven't actually been inside a 3rd row seating suv... I tried to talk my husband into getting one a couple years ago, because I knew I was already thinking about babies, but at the time he said "why do we need 3 rows?" So we went with an escape, which I love but I'm still wishing we had the 3rd row....

Those of you that have the 3rd row, what specifically do you have? A girl I know got the Chevy traverse and she said she loved it. But that was right after she got it so I'm not sure how she feels now.

@peachesnbean I'm sure I'll remember that video if we do ever go minivan. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a new Toyota Highander and I love it! This will be our first, so I didn't need the third seat but love the bigger cars. The third seat would be fine for women or kids, and when you use it, you pretty much lose your trunk. So if I had three kids and needed a trunk, I would probably go the minivan route
  • Options
    kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited October 2016
    @kswiger06 We have a Kia Sorento, so it's definitely a smaller midsize SUV that offers third row seating. I know the Hyundai Santa Fe (non sport), offers third row and they're similar in size to the Kia. The Nissan Pathfinder does as well, but all of these, I believe, have the fold down seats which means they have less leg room than the second row. If you're wanting a true third row with normal legroom, you'd have to go for something like a suburban or minivan.
  • Options
    scifichick09scifichick09 member
    edited October 2016
    If we could afford it, I'd buy the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica TOOMORROW! I want it so bad. We'll be looking around at used SUV's and minvan's this month and next month. Gonna trade the Hub's car in for something a little less junky. He has a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am and it's literally falling apart.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    I have the stupidest question... what is this app everyone keeps talking about? I bump from my work computer or safari on my phone. Is there an iOS app?

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @WinchesterGirl I keep telling DH I need a button or something that says I'm not just chubby I'm pregnant. I don't really like talking to strangers so I guess for now they'll just have to assume I'm chubby. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I have the stupidest question... what is this app everyone keeps talking about? I bump from my work computer or safari on my phone. Is there an iOS app?
    Search for the bump in the Apple Store. 
  • Options
    Omg duhhh. I've had that app the whole time I just never searched the whole thing after it immediately seeing a community button.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Third row seats in mid-size SUV's are AWFUL! Claustrophobic much? 

• Options
    I saved literally everything of DD's from birth to her summer clothes I just packed away, and since we found out last week this baby is a boy I can't bring myself to even think about starting to find a new home for it. I get so emotional just looking into her closet at the boxes. I'm 90% sure we won't be trying for a third child, and we have no room to store everything from two babies anyway. It's like I'm letting go of her baby years getting rid of this stuff and it makes me so sad. I guess I just hoped I'd see it all again someday. 

• Options
    I had a Nissan Pathfinder for years before we had DD because I moved a lot of equipment/inventory for our business. The 3rd row in it was ok for our occasional use but not comfortable for an adult on a long trip. 2 years ago I traded in for a Prius and will never go back to a big SUV. The salesman looked at me like I was crazy when I told him what I wanted to look at that day, after I pulled into the lot in my big SUV. Luckily, DD will be 7 when DS is born, so we won't have a ton of stuff to lug around and I typically wore DD on outings anyway.