February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/2)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/2)

• Options
    Awwww @scottipino that picture is the sweetest thing!! You have a bunch of cuties!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @scottipino omg your kiddos are so cute! I'm impressed you were able to get such good pix after such an ordeal! I hope the swelling goes down soon!
  • Options
    @skiingstark +1 team not huge SUV. I got a Tiguan, specifically for kids, but 3 years too early. Haha whoops. We thought this whole ttc thing would be instant. I love it because our 55 lb dog has the rear to chill/be separated, there's space for 2 car seats, and the sucker fits in the garage.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, are there any sort of positive weekly board options? We have BF M, TW T, WTF W, UO Th, and FFFC F, which isn't negative, it just isn't guaranteed to be flame-free, lol.

I know we had the weekend sunshine for a bit, but we're all evidently less computer-bound on the weekend. 

The only pun I can think of is BTW, for Best Thing Wednesday. Any STM's have something from an old bmb?
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Late to the SUV conversation, but I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee!!! Tons of room in the back and two car seats should be just fine! 
  • Options
    @raptormomma yeah I just bought the one on amazon with the best reviews

stuck in the box but do you happen to have the name of it or a link? I'm having a hard time finding one. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PerraSucia what are you doing for it? Mines in 3 weeks! 
  • Options
    I'm already tired before it is actually tomorrow. Blaaaah.
  • Options
    @raptormomma this is the one I have:

BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006P05S2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9tX8xbPX9911W

@homemake we are doing a bounce house, ball pit and taco guy but our list became like 50 people. How do we know 50 people? How many tables do you rent for that?   I AW'd part of my invite in the group :p
  • Options
    Also, are there any sort of positive weekly board options? We have BF M, TW T, WTF W, UO Th, and FFFC F, which isn't negative, it just isn't guaranteed to be flame-free, lol.

I know we had the weekend sunshine for a bit, but we're all evidently less computer-bound on the weekend. 

The only pun I can think of is BTW, for Best Thing Wednesday. Any STM's have something from an old bmb?
    Randoms is usually the place for some sunshine and we've made the family thread into roses and thorns, not just a place to complain. I also feel like the appointments threads and ticker changes are good places for some positivity. 

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to something dedicated each week to a little light and love :-) Do you want to be in charge of the
    it?
  • Options
    Husband and I just got back from our breastfeeding class! I was so excited! It makes the whole pregnancy seem even more real.  Of course, we were the only ones due so far off. Everyone else is due in November or December. One lady was is due later this month.  Class was great though, very informative.  We got to practice with a doll.  Husband had to practice burping the baby.  And I told husband that whenever he is home, it will be his job to burp the baby.  Not sure if this policy will stick, but I'm definitely going to try.  
    I'm excited for the next class!!

• Options
    @PerraSucia thank you!  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @AfKash that was my husband's job! Mainly, I couldn't get DS1 to burp! So, I fed baby and DH burped and changed his diaper. Hope, it sticks! It was nice to not have to do everything. 
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo Umm I'm right there with ya!! The three kids get to share two beds, but don't worry, the action figures have a space!! 
  • Options
    3 kids and a tiny house??? Um, OMG no.
    But what's the appeal of these fancy compact tiny houses anyhow? Couldn't you have the same "fun"/minimalist living in a trailer or older small (but not crazy tiny) house?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @freshbakedbrownies hahah all good points! I have no idea.. 
  • Options
    I am late to the party, but team mini van!   We have a Mazda CX9 that was a great car until I had 2 two year olds and an infant in a carrier.  I couldn't really get anyone buckled in the third row, and then I lost my trunk space.   We did ok with the twins in convertibles in the second row with the infant carrier in the middle but I had to practically turn her upside down to get the seat in.  5 point harnesses rock.   

My husband still drives it and we can put an older kid in the third row since they can buckle and unbuckle.   But I absolutely love my mini van!  We had been very much against it until we tried one.   It is so much easier for us.  Trunk is big, doors open and close with buttons, the kids can actually walk on the floor and can change in the car at the wading pool. It is a car completely mom designed.  

We do lease ours for now, it made more sense for our budget. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Randoms is usually the place for some sunshine and we've made the family thread into roses and thorns, not just a place to complain. I also feel like the appointments threads and ticker changes are good places for some positivity. 

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to something dedicated each week to a little light and love :-) Do you want to be in charge of the
    it?
    Go for it, @Lafreeman21. I've noticed that too! I rarely post in any of those for that reason. Maybe we don't have one bc it's inherently a bit AWish, but I think it's a great idea. 
  • Options
    The thing that gets me most about the tiny houses is that they can never sit all the way up in their sleeping space. Not only would I hit my head constantly, but the claustrophobia would be awful!
  • Options
    @Lafreeman21 TTGP often has Ten Things Tuesday, which doesn't have a requirement that everything is "happy", but the gist is 10 things that are going on with you, mostly happy.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I seen the 10 things on another board but thought 10 things is a lot, it turns into an essay!
  • Options
    @Janefelicity 10 Things can be a lot, but also they can all be snippets. Like, my breakfast was delicious, my dogs are cute today after the groomers, and Woo-hoo I get off early today. No novel writing required.
  • Options
    I'm starting to freak out about the hurricane. I'm directly in the cone of uncertainty when the mainland starts feeling the effects. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• Options
    I'm starting to freak out about the hurricane. I'm directly in the cone of uncertainty when the mainland starts feeling the effects. 
    I haven't been following this until now. Is it projected along the SouthEastern coast? 
  • Options
    homemake said:
    I haven't been following this until now. Is it projected along the SouthEastern coast? 
    I'm north FL, so it looks like I won't see it until at least Friday afternoon... when are you guys supposed to see it?
  • Options
    homemake said:
    It's pretty bad. The whole eastern seaboard is in the cone. It just made landfall in Haiti about an hour ago as a Cat 4. The pressure continues to drop and hasn't wavered much in terms of strength (high Cat 3/Cat 4). I'm in South Florida and we should really begin feeling the effects tomorrow evening through Thursday. They declared a state of emergency in Florida yesterday for the whole state and NC for 66 counties. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• Options
    PSA: Anyone who needs a laugh needs to head to Dec 16 and read the "Things my S/O has said" thread. Just make sure you pee first.
    I've been lurking for good threads... I was caught up in the may threads a few days ago... a former member of our board is putting her 2 cents in and it was popcorn worthy for a while. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 oooh whats the thread? I could do with some entertainment in work this afternoon
  • Options
    kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    @Janefelicity the discussion got spread over 2 threads... the intro thread and the thread about the ob office kicking them out... it starts off all cheery and helpful but then takes a twist lol... some of the comments got removed already for TOU (?) Violations 
    Pregnancy Ticker