February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/2)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/2)

• Options
    I have no desire to live in a tiny house, but I'm another one who would never want a giant house...just too much space to clean and upkeep. We currently live in a 3-bed, 1600-sq-ft home, and I can't really imagine ever wanting anything bigger. Check in with me next year, though, when we're up to our ears in baby/toddler stuff. :)
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    I want a bigger house. 
    Ours is about 1400 sqft, but most of that is my master. 
    The rest of the rooms are small, and has a strange older home layout. It's very choppy. 
    Our next home (we bought this as our starter) will be closer to the 2000 mark, ideally about 2500 if we can manage to it financially. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate House Hunters International because jealous.  I just want to be able to find my forever home, let alone a vacation/second home in another country.

Our current house is 1250 sq ft and while I do find it cozy, our rooms are small and I can see us needing more space when the boys are older.  But I also think 2000 sq ft would be more than enough.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @Spicyweiner you got me.  Although my husband would call me more of a snob than a fancy pants  :p
  • Options
    I'm not sure if there has been a previous discussion about this - but does anyone go to acupuncture or a chiropractor in a preventative way while pregnant?  I'm not having any issues, but my Doula recommended regular appts with an acupuncturist and a chiropractor for the rest of my pregnancy just to keep things on track and aligned, etc.  Has anyone else heard of this?   
  • Options
    Our first home was a Spanish style bungalow in San Diego. It had 2bedroom,1 bath and was just under 900sqft. It was livable and our living room was a great majority of the space but what saved us was our built in shelves, large backyard, and garage for holiday decor/storage. We're now in TX and in a 2bedroom 2 bath that's 1400sqft. I couldn't imagine living in under 1000sqft again. Even at 1400sqft, we're anxiouslay awaiting my husbands graduation so we can move into a larger home. However, I do love how smaller homes are creative with their functionality and storage. 
  • Options
    @peachesnbean that's good to know! Since I'm being a rebel eating a cold sandwich right now  :#
  • Options
    Mines 1850 sq ft and it's a good size but I would trade open living space and master bath and closet space for another bedroom and way more storage. Layout and storage make a HUGE difference.
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Mines 1850 sq ft and it's a good size but I would trade open living space and master bath and closet space for another bedroom and way more storage. Layout and storage make a HUGE difference.
    Totally agree with this! Two houses could have the same square feet but feel completely different all based on layout. Our downstairs layout is not great since it is more closed off and disjointed, making one room not very useful. So while 1550 sq ft is fine for now I see us moving to a new house within the next five years, even if it's similar size but a better functioning layout.
  • Options
    We moved into our house about 3 years ago right before #3 was born. I don't even know how many sq ft our house is, but I want to say 2000 or so. We THOUGHT a 4 bedroom house would suit us for awhile, but now with #4 on the way we will likely have to move again within the next couple years. We also need extra room for the purpose of having a guest room...bc I have family that visits from out of state. 

Moving is is a nightmare though!!!
  • Options
    @homemake completely agree. I could Never understand layouts that gave a big ass walk in closet yet a small living room, and impractical bedrooms. I hate wasted space! 
  • Options
    I usually do paper invites to pass out to the kids at daycare, but everyone else (i.e. family) we use do invites through FB. There are a number of reasons I could site, but the biggest are that I rarely have my stuff together soon enough for paper invites, paper invites gets expensive (we need about 40 between family and DC), and I hate the thought of so many going straight into the trash. We've lived in our 3 bd 2 bath 1500 sq ft for 7 years now and are itching to move to something bigger now because it feels like we are on top of each other all the time. It's a good layout and open concept with good closets, but it's the other type stuff that is in our way (like the computer, scrapbooking supplies, treadmill, etc). I think even 1 more decent sized room or basement or usable attic space for those things would make a huge difference. Since we're adding baby #3, we're aiming to find a +2500 sq ft, 4 bd that also has some other space we can use for that other stuff.

• Options
    @BumpasaurusRex i think HGTV must have gotten a lot of feedback similar to yours (I've also heard this complaint from many friends.) Now they mostly feature Americans who are moving to foreign countries for either work or retirement. They are hardly ever searching for vacation/2nd homes anymore. 

I love it because it makes me feel like I am traveling even tho I am just chilling on my couch. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    I'm not sure if there has been a previous discussion about this - but does anyone go to acupuncture or a chiropractor in a preventative way while pregnant?  I'm not having any issues, but my Doula recommended regular appts with an acupuncturist and a chiropractor for the rest of my pregnancy just to keep things on track and aligned, etc.  Has anyone else heard of this?   
    Meeee! Granted, I see her for my SPD too, but I am a really big believer in preventative chiropractic care in pregnancy. With my 1st daughter I had really intense back labor through the whole process, with daughter #2 I saw my chiro for SPD but then also for regular adjustments leading up to L&D (saw her on same schedule as MW visits) and I literally had half of one contraction the whole time that I felt in my back. I mean, it isn't a double blind study or anything, but my anecdote is thank you Jesus for my chiropractor! LOL

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @MissMerciBeaucoup I see my acupuncturist once a month right now. It's mainly been for mood/stress/calming up til now, but I feel like she helps me run on an even keel. I always sleep great for the week after I see her. As I get further along, there are apparently a bunch of things she can do to help kiddo get in the right position for labour and stress/pain management techniques. I've yet to talk to her about how she would feel about a last minute appointment in early labour, but she's a really cool woman and if she would go for it, it's something I think would really help. 
  • Options
    We have a 2100 sq foot ranch house.  We talk regularly about adding an upstairs bonus room over the garage.  We moved here last year and really I feel in love with the open concept, massive yard, and pool. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Thanks @poetryandoceans and @peachesnbean !  I'm on board with anything that can do to help with pain management while pregnant and during labor, so I'll try them both out!
  • Options
    Guysssss my little dude is sick! Not sure what, possibly 2yr molars. Poor guy has a fever, won't let me put him down, doesn't want to eat, and just seems miserable. He, thankfully, will drink water. Now I'm feeling kind of blah and wondering if it's all in my head, or if we both have a bug?? 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @kirstynikole. I hope he feels better very soon.  

I has a question....in regards to preparing freezer meals, I live in an apartment and we have a standard size fridge/freezer. I don't really have much room to stock these meals.  How are the rest of you ladies handling this? Please and thank you!

• Options
    @kirstynikole Aw, I hope you both feel better soon!

@homemake Lol!! I have that on my registry and even though I know boogers won't get in my mouth, it seems so gross!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@homemake Lol!! I have that on my registry and even though I know boogers won't get in my mouth, it seems so gross!!
    My BIL didn't think it could get in his mouth either, until one time my niece's mucus was pretty thin and he didn't have the mouthpiece seal on tight enough  :D
  • Options
    @yogadevil thank you so much! I will do that!

Those Frieda things are so gross. What's wrong with the normal blue nose thing? 

• Options
    We LOVE out NoseFrieda!!!!!!! @AfKash it works SOOOOO much better than the blue syringe bulb. Get the NF. Just do it. 
  • Options
    Mold is never good.  Alrighty then! I will be adding one more thing last minute to my registry.  Thank you, @Spicyweiner and @jbuck909!!

• Options
    My little brother left for the Navy earlier this week and my mom has been absolutely devastated. She is so not a crier but she has been crying nonstop since he left. She wasn't this sad when I left for college 7 hours away. I have no idea how to help her because I've never seen her like this. She's always been such a pillar for the family and now she's the vulnerable grieving one. I've been coming over to her house and I've cooked her and my dad and sister dinner every night, done small chores, etc so she doesn't have to worry about it. I've been staying at her hosue until she goes to bed because she copes with distraction and I'm running out of things to talk about. She doesn't want to talk about my brother because it makes her sad and she doesn't want to go out to do anything, but she wants to be surrounded and distracted. I just have no idea what to do. Help me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger Is the baby stuff no distraction at all? I think distraction and making her feel needed may be your best bets.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl Baby stuff has been a big topic, and she loves talking about it. But I don't want to feel as though I'm being self-centered when I try to fill those long silences with more baby talk. I'm sure this depression she's in will pass, but it's still new and painful and I guess she's just learning how to adjust. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kirstynikole hopefully he feels better soon! We're dealing with a nasty stomach bug right now and it's so hard to see the little ones sick

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kirstynikole, hope your little guy feels better soon!
  • Options
    I miss smoking pot more than drinking because I'm old and feel like shit in the morning when I drink.
    This.
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm sure she's very nervous for your brother being in the Navy and all.  It's definitely more uncertain then you going away to college.  Is this his first deployment? 
    Also, it could be because he's the youngest one. He is right? Parents get so attached to the youngest.  
    Otherwise, I would say that maybe it's time for your mom to see a counselor.  Sometimes, we all just need a little professional help.