Infertility

October FET buddies

Hi ladies! I thought I'd start this thread for anyone planning a FET in October. This will be my third attempt at FET, my first two were cancelled due to thin lining and just recently ovulation. I'll be doing a Lupron FET protocol this time around. Starting Lupron injections tomorrow! Let's do a little intro to get to know one another better

Re: October FET buddies

• Hey there @ltlavac! Thanks for starting this thread. I am about to enter my cycle for my very 1st FET. August was our very first IVF cycle and we are very blessed to have 7 PGS-tested embryos waiting for us in a freezer. 

We were supposed to have a September FET but it was canceled due to cysts. After being on BCP for 3 weeks, the cysts are finally gone (yay!)

I will be starting Estradiol twice a day on Saturday. It will be upped to 3x a day and then I go in for a lining check on 9/29. 

Since I have never gone through an FET before, I will be watching this thread closely!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• I just got my flowsheet for my FET.  I have done two months of Lupron therapy for endo.  I start patches 10/7 with a transfer date of 10/27.  

I have never done a FET, so I too will be seeking the advice of others who have gone through this!
  • Loading the player...
  • We'll be in it together!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Excited to be starting this journey with you @mrs.bigcountry and @omarisismyhomeboy

• I'm hoping to be in this with you girls... I'm still waiting on AF after my CP... Depending on when she arrives and how long my protocol is, it could be October or November FET.

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Hi @joneser1281, sorry to hear about your CP. hoping AF shows up soon for you so you can start cycling again! Here's to October bring a great month! Cheers!

• HI!! moving over from the Sept board as AF just started so I have started estrace today for a FET.  we had IVF in May, first transfer was BFN, second attempt FET was August which was a CP, now on to the last two embryos from our IVF cycle which should be in 2-3 weeks i hope. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • https://goo.gl/oCMUjv

so i just tried my hand at google docs for the few that are already in here so if you ladies want to go update your info :) and others can add on

• Hi @rmarble23, sorry to hear about your chemical....but I do recognize your name from the SEPT board. Hoping October is your month! Will you be transferring just one or both embryos? I'll update my info on the doc, thanks for starting that! 

• Thanks @ltlavac I will be able to put both embryos in. Since the start of knowing we needed to do ivf the thought of twins has excited me actually even before ivf I wanted twins. DH not so much other than the one and done aspect. Insurance wouldn't allow more than one embryo for the first couple attempts but now they will allow the two and with only the two left why not take advantage and improve the odds right?

• Our embryos are frozen together, so if both survive the thaw, I imagine we will transfer two.  My lupron side effects are kicking my butt this month.  So ready for those to GO AWAY!!
  • @mrsbigcountry, I'm on day 3 of Lupron, so far not too bad. Slight headache yesterday. What am I in for?!? 

@rmarble23 that's great! I hate to say it but I only put one in for my first IVF which gave me my daughter but now going through all these troubles again I kind of wish I would've done two and been lucky enough to be blessed with twins. I would've been done and not have to go through all this again. It's so mentally challenging! I just have to keep my eye on the prize!

• @ltlavac my nurse made sure to tell me the dangers of putting in two embryos that one or both may split naturally and we could end up with quads which I would never want, physically, emotionally, financially its just a lot more than i think DH and I could handle but I imagine thats what all quad mommas say.  I was on lupron for my IVF cycle and the headache was really the only thing, i feel the FET meds hit me harder than the lupron and gonal-f of a fresh cycle. 

• @rmarble23 ha I love you for starting a spreadsheet! I love those things :) It says it won't let me update, but my retrieval was 8/14 and my estimated FET is Oct 4...if you wanna update :)

Also I am really sorry to hear about your chemical but excited that you will put in 2! Plenty more chances...
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• FX for everyone on this round!  AFM, AF has finally arrived!  Only 40 days after my CP bleeding... :(  Depending on how long my protocol is, I may miss the October mark for FET and end up in November.  My nurse is supposed to call me tomorrow to let me know when to begin BCPs.  I too tried to update the spreadsheet, but it said I needed permission from the owner to do so.  If you'd like to just enter for me, my retrieval was 7/20/16.

I think we are going to transfer just one embryo.  Although I have no right to be picky at this point, I just do not want twins.  However you know if I ended up with them, I'd be grateful!  I'm just not seeking it out.  I figure we'll try one this time... If it doesn't work and we need to do another FET down the road, I'd be willing to try transferring two then.  I look forward to hearing from everyone... This is my first FET, so I am a little nervous... But I've heard from several people that it's much easier than a fresh cycle as far as the meds go, so that will be nice.

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• sorry about that @omarismyhomeboy and @joneser1281 i changed the options so i think it will work now to update and add

• @joneser1281 FET are easier in some ways, no procedure, most have no injections but the effects of the meds to me are much worse.  i was exhausted and starving ALL THE TIME.  fresh cycle injections i only developed a slight headache from the lupron.

• Thank you, @rmarble23!  I was pretty miserable on the injections for IVF.  I had bad stomach pains, constipation, headaches, you name it.  One night I was even throwing up and feverish.  I thought for sure I had OHSS, but I didn't.  The Gonal F and Menopur were what made me sickest and most miserable.  Once I added on the Cetrotide, I started to feel better.  I triggered with HCG and Leuprolide/Leupron, but those were just one-time injections, so I didn't notice any effects.  I'm actually dreading the BCPs the most.  They made me so miserably bloated last time!  I was so pissed off because I was exercising like I always had, but was still gaining weight and felt like my stomach was always sticking out.  Once I was done with the BCPs, that all went away.

I know that for this FET I have to take BCPs for about 3 weeks, then have a baseline US... Then I have to take Estrace/Estradiol.  I will also have to take progesterone... For IVF I took the Endometrin suppositories.  I had to take 3/day.  Since I was off work at the time, it wasn't a big deal.  But now that I'm working, I'm probably not going to do suppositories because they were a big pain... I was going to say "in the ass," but I may as well say in the vag!  Lol.  Initially I had a lot of trouble with it falling out... I found that if I laid down for at least 30 min after, that really helped.  Well I can't be lying down at all at work, so that's out.  I will prob do PIO injections, which I'm not looking forward to.  But at least it's a one shot deal a day (no pun intended!) and I don't have to worry about whether or not it's coming out or if I'm getting enough of the intended dose.  I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard time with the FET meds... But as miserable as I was for the IVF meds, I can't see how it could be worse than that haha.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @ltlavac   - I am on my second monthly dose of Lupron for Endo.  If you don't have any side effects by day 3 you probably won't have any.  I say lupron "zeros" me.  Zero appetite, zero sex drive, zero sanity.  My mood swings are crazy.  The headache this month is numbing.  I have a terrible metallic taste in my mouth.  And to top it off, my joints have started to hurt.  

I only have have to do vivelle patches leading up to the FET.  Then I have doxy, medrol, and Crinone to add to the patches.

Its interesting to see all the different schools of thought on how many embryos to transfer.  My clinic says that it doesn't increase your change for twins by transferring two.  It only increases your odds of having a successful singleton.  

TRIGGER WARNING!!

(We transferred two for our fresh cycle, but only had a singleton.)

• @mrs.bigcountry i do see the point especially if you haven't done any testing on any embryos b/c they odds that all fertilized are actually going to be healthy enough to stick are what 60% so yeah you just increase your odds of having one of them stick.  but i figure out of 4 so far 2 didn't work so these have to be the two out of my bunch that are the "good ones"

• right after i was here i got the phone call from my office, guess my nurse wasn't in today but the other nurse gave me a tentative date of 10/6, BW this wednesday and u/s next Monday probably.  Dates make things so much more real.  Doesn't matter I have been taking meds for 3 days now but hearing a date makes me giddy and happy  :)

• @Mrs.BigCountry (I can't get a link to pop up to tag you in this post), that sucks that you are feeling so miserable.  I hope your annoying symptoms pass soon.  I agree with you on it being interesting with the differing doctors' opinions on transferring one vs. two.  My clinic believes that if you are young (under 35) and healthy, that you should only transfer one.  They do not like the risk of multiples.  They believe that you are already a high risk patient (being that you suffer from IF), so they don't want to take someone already at risk in the PG department, straight to what's considered a high-risk pregnancy (being PG with multiples).  However, my RE did say that if we really wanted to, we could transfer two.  She suggests that as a possibility if you are maybe only giving IVF one last try... Or like in our case... Where I'm willing to try transferring one, one more time... But if it fails, I would probably go for two the next time.

AFM, well I didn't receive a call from my clinic today (as I was told I would yesterday when I called to report AF), so I took it upon myself to call and leave a message after work.  My nurse almost immediately messaged me online to apologize and say she was run ragged because another nurse now no longer worked there.  But I am to start my BCPs tomorrow and my tentative FET is 10/27... Just like you, @Mrs.BigCountry! :)  I am getting nervous to start meds, etc. again, but I hope this will be the beginning of a positive journey this time.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• I'm new to this board but just went through my first IVF cycle. Fresh transfer ended but being BFN but I have 3 embryos waiting. Started my twice a day estrace on Friday and let me tell you, I'm feeling it :/ I go back for my US 9/29 and hopefully implant the next week. 

About me: had a beautiful baby girl in 2013 naturally. After that had an ectopic pregnancy with tube removal in 2014 and proceeded to have a miscarriage and another ectopic on the other side earlier this year. All unexplained. So now it's only ivf for us. Hoping this works cause it's been a long and difficult journey! Good luck to everyone else!
  • Nice to hear from you, @sabine3212 !  I'm sorry to hear that you too had a failed IVF and other difficulties.  I am looking forward to sharing the FET journey with you though!  What symptoms are you feeling from the Estrace?  I started BCPs yesterday and baby aspirin today.  I take the BCPs through 10/6 before having my baseline US and bloodwork on the 9th.  I'll start twice a day Estrace that day too if all goes well.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• welcome @sabine3212 sorry you find yourself here, sounds like you have been through a lot to get to this point. if you would like add your info to the sheet we have

@ltlavac I also dont have your info in the chart yet either if you would like to add

https://goo.gl/oCMUjv

• TGIF ladies!! I keep meaning to update my info on the chart but for some reason I can't on mobile. My retrieval was 4/23/14, transfer date TBD. Aunt Flo arrived today so blood and ultrasound on Tuesday! Excited to get the ball rolling. I'm kicking Lupron's butt...no side effects yet! I have been doing acupuncture as well, maybe that's helped! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

• Hi ladies!  Just checking in.  My screen name is OLD and the "." apparently makes it difficult (if not impossible) to tag me.  

I am excited to have a transfer buddy, @joneser1281

Currently trying to work with the clinic, pharmacy, and my insurance to figure out the most cost effective way to get my Vivelle Dot patches.

My lupron side effects are still bad...but I am hoping they will get better this week or next.  I don't remember any side effects for the patches?!  What do I have to look forward to on that?

Question for you all - who knows about your FET? My mom and sister know that it's on the table, but they don't know we are actually scheduled.  My BFF knows, but that's it!  Hoping for a great Thanksgiving surprise!!
  • tcolechiatcolechia member
    edited September 2016
    Hi ladies! Looks like I will be doing an FET in October. My transfer was supposed to be Sept. 29th, but I went to the doctor this morning for an ultrasound and my lining was only at 7.6 and they like it to be at an 8. My new transfer date is October 3rd. We will be transferring two embryos (one boy, and one girl) that came back looking excellent from doing PGS. I did my fresh IVF cycle back in July and had OHSS. This cycle hasn't be as stressful. I have been taking estradial 3 times a day. My only symptom I have had from it has been feeling extremely tired. I go back to the doctors on Tuesday to recheck my lining to make sure its thick enough. Does anyone have any sugguestions on how to get my lining to thicken? It's so close to where it needs to be. I have been a nervous wreck since my appointment this morning thinking of all the things that could go wrong. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

TTC since: 12/2013

Unexplained Infertility- arcuate uterus diagnosed 6/2016 

MC: 12/25/2014

3 IUIs with Clomid- BFN- 2016

Fresh IVF cycle-BFN- 7/2016

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

FET- 10/3/16-BFP!!! Beta #1- 736 Beta #2 3,223 Beta #3 22,015

• @mrs.bigcountry each cycle I try to tell less and less people bc the updating everyone gets exhausting and disappointing. Right now only my sister knows other than those at work. I have one good friend I have been updating when she acts interested but I don't reach out to her regularly with minor details. 

• Hi girls!  How is everyone doing?

@tcolechia that's gotta be tough to have it cancelled, but now I see that your transfer is only about a week away... How exciting!  I am happy our FET train is being set in motion soon... You're the engine!  Haha.  I feel like mine is light years away haha.  Mrs.BigCountry and I will be bringing up the rear, haha.  FX that your two stick!  I can't say that I know much about lining.  I didn't even know to ask about it until recently when my friend asked me about it and I've seen talks on the boards about it.  My lining was 13 mm for my fresh transfer in July and I still had a CP.  I guess that means the embryo was to blame?  We didn't do any PGS testing, so I guess I'll have no clue what our chances are each time.  Sigh!

So I've noticed that a few of you have mentioned Lupron... That is not part of my protocol... I am wondering why it is/isn't used?  And what are the patches for?  Haha, so much to learn!

@Mrs.BigCountry, a few people know about my FET.  My mom and immediate family... My aunt (she is so kind, she's actually contributed a little financially to our IVF and FET)... My BFF... My work BFF... And one of my old and dear friends who has been through two fresh IVF cycles and one FET that finally worked!  She's almost 7 months PG.  She gives me hope!  I think that's it.  That kinda seems like a lot of people when I think about it... Because for the most part I feel like I don't tell anyone anything about this.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @mrs.bigcountry and @rmarble23 yeah, honestly, only like THREE people know my FET date. My husband, my IVF buddy (she's just 1 day ahead of me!) and my super supportive 8 month pregnant bff. Not even telling my parents...it feels like an extra layer of pressure.
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• tcolechiatcolechia member
    edited September 2016
    @rmarble23 @Omarismyhomeboy @mrs.bigcountry This time around I have also only told a hand full of people that I am very close with about this cycle. I find each time I have gone through a cycle it gets harder and harder to discuss details and keep everyone informed. And sometimes I just don't feel like talking about it with everyone. I felt like I was constantly  educating my friends bec. they have never experienced infertility. It was exhausting.

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• went for my second blood work yesterday and everything was perfect, first u/s Friday.  I got a voicemail today from my nurse that she forgot to tell me that they are changing things in the clinic and each doctor has 1 specific nurse since there is two doctors and two nurses so for me that means I lose the nurse I have been dealing with the entire time :( i almost cried listening to it like a friend was moving away :(  the other nurse i have had two encounters with, one not as nice as i would like and the other very nice so fingers crossed things will go good for us.

how is everyone else doing??

• Hi ladies! I had my first bw and ultrasound today! Always so excited when there's a new plan in place and I'm working towards my goal! Started estradiol patch today plus baby aspirin and reduced my Lupron to 5 units. I go in next Tuesday for bw and lining check.

My parents, sister and two close girlfriends plus a neighbor who struggles with IF know about my FET plans and my cancelled cycles. I'm pretty much an open book and I feel like the pressure is off somewhat since I have my daughter now. It doesn't make it easy but much easier than the first time around dealing with all the emotions of what if I don't have a baby. And if any of you are feeling that way, please know I know how you feel and am rooting for YOU! Don't give up!

I'm really hoping everyone progresses in the next few weeks and we have lots of new babies on the way come October! Night, gals!

• I went yesterday for my ultrasound to check my lining and it was at 8.6! :) I start my progesterone injections tonight and I'll be waiting for the call Sunday from the lab to tell me what time my transfer will be Monday. I'm nervous for my husband to do the PIO tonight for me. Anyone have experience doing PIO? For my fresh cycle I used vaginal suppositories. Any information you girls have  will help!

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• @tcolechia -  So exciting!!  I have no words of encouragement for the PIO.  My clinic does Crinone.  I have had to take my monthly doses of Lupron in my hip because they are IM.  They haven't hurt at all, but I don't know if the medicine is as thick as PIO.

So who will POAS and who waits until beta?  I am a POASaholic.  I already ordered 50 Wondfos.  For my fresh cycle I started testing the day after trigger just so I could watch the trigger go out.  I also tested AM and PM after transfer.  I was a bit obsessive!  Ha!

Also, is your transfer date considered your ovulation date for dating a pregnancy?  For my fresh cycle they used my ER date as ovulation.  Just wondering...
  • @Mrs.BigCountry PIO is thicker then Lupron. I used Lupron with my fresh cycle. I would think doing them in your hip would hurt because its a boney area.

With my last cycle I  started to POAS 5dpt, but this time I am going to try to hold off because it usually gives me more anxiety testing daily. It's going to be hard not to use the tests that I already have, but I already told my husband to lock them up in the safe and don't tell me where the key is. It will be tempting, but I'm going to try my hardest this time to wait for my beta.

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• @mrs.bigcountry i believe by the time you have your beta you are considered like 5 weeks PG but dont quote me on that

• @tcolechia @mrs.bigcountry I can already tell I will probably test at home...I haven't POAS in so long, because it wasn't good for me...it made me a crazy person! I was that girl digging tests out and taking them apart! Ugh, infertility....

I want to make it as far as I can without testing at home but I also know I will be SO SO SO tempted. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey.