Infertility
Options

October FET buddies

Re: October FET buddies

• Options
    holy crap @tcolechia!! how many did you put in??

mine came back today 364!! :):):) second beta Wednesday 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awesome news, @rmarble23!!
    Me: 40, DH: 39
    Married and TTC since 9/14
    Unexplained infertility
    12/15: TI with Letrozole, BFN
    5/16: IVF #1, 33 eggs, 27 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, all tested abnormal 
    7/16: IVF #2, 46 eggs, 36 fertilized, 14 blastocysts, 5 tested normal and were frozen
    10/5/16: FET, single embryo, BFN
    11/11/16: ERA test #1, Pre-receptive
    12/6/16: ERA test #2, Receptive on Progesterone Day 7
    12/28/16: FET #2 single embryo, BFP, m/c on 1/14/17
    3/24/17: Endometrial scratch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KaaKaa member
    Thank you @joneser1281 and @tcolechia!  

@tcolechia and @rmarble23 - I am so happy for you two!  So exciting!! :)

Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married Since: 2010
    IVF ICSI
    Fresh Cycle: 8/17/16 BFN 8/27/16
    Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Biopsy: 9/9/2016
    FET: 10/14/2016 BFN 10/28/2016

• Options
    tcolechiatcolechia member
    edited October 2016
    @rmarble23 We transferred two blastocysts.  <3 My first beta was a week ago and was 736. And the numbers should double every 48 hours. So 3k is right where it should be. I am praying both embabies stuck. We will see in a couple of weeks! Your beta came back at a really strong number today! I am so happy for you! 

Me: 29 DH: 35

TTC since: 12/2013

Unexplained Infertility- arcuate uterus diagnosed 6/2016 

MC: 12/25/2014

3 IUIs with Clomid- BFN- 2016

Fresh IVF cycle-BFN- 7/2016

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

FET- 10/3/16-BFP!!! Beta #1- 736 Beta #2 3,223 Beta #3 22,015

• Options
    @tcolechia and @rmarble23 So excited for you girls and those good numbers!

@tcolechia I don't know much, but those numbers sound like twins to me!  I'm sorry to hear about your MC... You will hopefully be able to relax a little bit once you get past that 6 week mark.  Although I know none of us will probably ever be able to relax until we're holding babies!  That's how I feel... Once I can get past where I've made it to before, I will feel much better... I've only ever made it to positive betas and never to an US.

Random question for you ladies who got positive betas... Any BD the night before your transfers?  There's another thread on here that talks about that positively affecting the results.  I'm debating on trying it and just wondering if it worked for anyone yet haha.

AFM, I'm so freaking exhausted!  Those of you who mentioned Estradiol making you tired, I definitely agree... My other problem is that despite being so tired, I'm having difficulties falling and staying asleep... Making me even more tired!  Just wondering if these are also side effects?  I do have a lot going on right now, so I also wonder if I'm just busy and stressed.  I'll have to get up early on Friday to go in for another monitoring appointment before work.  I'm told my lining was up to 8mm yesterday and that's where they say they want it to be at this point.  I'm asking lots of questions about lining this time, because I didn't really know to do that for my fresh transfer and they never really volunteered that info unless I asked.  Apparently my lining was 13mm on the day of my fresh transfer.

10 days til transfer @Mrs. BigCountry... Eek! :#

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    edited October 2016
    @joneser1281 I am absolutely exhausted too!  I didn't know if it was because of my husband snoring, my sweet dog all over me, waking up because I was hot or waking up because my behind is so sore from the pio injections but perhaps it is the estradiol!   :p It isn't bad but is different from my normal sleep routine!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    I am so excited to read about the good beta numbers for two of our gals.

I go Friday for my first (and hopefully only) monitoring.  I had a little mishap with one of my patches today.  Hoping that didn't mess anything up.

@joneser1281 -  I can't believe we will transfer next week.  This has been a very fast month!
  • Options
    @joneser1281 we did not BD before transfer or at any point during crinone.... just too gross for me. But I do find I am going to bed like an hour early and not sleeping as long as I would like, generally around 3ish I have been waking up and then tossing and turning till the alarm or I give in. This in turn is taking a toll on both the dog and DH whether they know it or not but once I start tossing they do too  :/

• Options
    @joneser1281 We did not BD before transfer or even after transfer. My clinic didn't mention anything to me about it, but we have just been playing it safe just incase bec. I know with my fresh cycle they said not to. 

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    @Kaa It's good to know I'm not alone, haha.  I laughed when you said about your DH snoring... Mine does too!  Ugh, it's awful!  And he always falls asleep instantly, while it takes me a while so I'm always at the mercy of his snoring unless he stays up later than me.  Haha... Which is not often!  I asked my IVF nurse if it could be the Estradiol and she said fatigue and tiredness is common, but that it could also just be anxiety that many people get during treatment that keeps them up.  She said I could try Benadryl at bedtime if I think it might help.  I don't have any right now though.  My luck it would make me so groggy the next day haha.

@rmarble23 Ugh suppositories haha.  We did not BD at all during my fresh cycle in the summer because I was taking the Endometrin suppositories... Yes, gross!  Haha.  I guess because I'll be taking PIO this time, I thought I might give it a go the night before.  Obviously, it's not a necessity though if you girls didn't.  I'm a worrier though so if we BD the night before and it doesn't work, I'll think we disrupted the calm environment in there lol.  I'm sorry to hear you're having the sleep struggle too.  I don't doubt though that you are anxious being PG... I know when I was for a short amount of time I was always hoping things would be ok.  That's got to be on your mind, even at night when you don't know it haha.

@tcolechia Good to know, thank you.  We BD for the last time during my fresh cycle a few days before my ER.  Since I had to start the Endometrin the next day, we didn't do it at all after that because it was just too gross... Taking it 3 times a day didn't really leave any time where I didn't feel like I had crap running out of me.  Although, we were told we could BD after my transfer, as long as it was comfortable.  We did not though.  This time I would not want to BD after transfer, but I thought about doing it the night before.  I think I will ask my nurse and see what she says.

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• Options
    I know @joneser1281 so hard to know what is what these days with everything happening.... is it weather? Is it this giant full moon( trust me it makes ppl crazy) ?  Is it hormones? Is it a side effect? It is stress and anxiety?? Or is it that I'm going to bed too early and my body is saying that's enough woman!? Just too many variables.  Lol. Lucky for me DH stays up much later than I do so I only have to worry about snoring if I wake in the middle of the night then it's a chorus between him and the dog. 

• Options
    @joneser1281 @tcolechia @rmarble23 I'd been thinking about BD. I'm taking it last thing at night so a few nights ago we had BD and then I got up afterwards for the suppository.  If I get a BFP then it would mean almost 3 months with no DB and that doesn't sound like fun for anyone! I think I'll just try and make it work because being heavily pregnant/having a baby will likely be far worse for BD than a bit of cream (mine are really small though so might be different for some of yours).

AFM - transfer day was today. All went well, relatively painless.

And now the wait begins! :)

• Options
    Also I read in some study that BD mixed with progesterone suppositories can lead to a reduced male libido (not permanently, just that he can adsorb some of the hormone and that lowers libido in men). So more BD might mean he wants less BD and more cuddling... :P
  • Options
    @nellin good point it's absorbed through the skin so if anything BD would have to be quick and he would have to wash well but even then I'm sure they wouldn't want to risk their "manhood" or go back to the good ol condom 

• Options
    So, I also caved and took a HPT yesterday. It seemed like there was a very faint line (but I also wasn't sure if I was willing my eyes to see it. DH seems to think I've gone off my rocker, but he was in the same boat. Couldn't get a good photo to show it) Took another this morning and I don't feel as crazy, I don't think I'm imagining it this time. At about 5 minutes after test the line was very, very light, after about 15 minutes he said yes, he saw it. 

Any advice? My mind is racing! Has anyone ever had a positive HPT (ever so slightly) and a negative beta? My beta is tomorrow morning, and can NOT come soon enough!
  • Options
    @momma2behopefully
    Congrats on the positive HPT.  Your line should be darker in the morning.  :smile:
  • Options
    @Mrs.bigcountry- both tests were in the morning. Unfortunately I can't go through the night without using the bathroom. So day 1 was about an hour after using the restroom, and today was about 3 hrs.
  • Options
    I think they recommend like 4 hrs but still if you can get a line with not as concentrated urine then I say it's a positive!! Congrats @momma2hopefully

second beta came back wicked early today was shocked I got a voicemail at 1045.  Beta #2 is 899!! She said everything looks fantastic and we will do another check in a week and then go forward with ultrasound. 

• Options
    @momma2behopefully It sounds positive but there is a chance of false positives depending on the drugs you have taken (I'm not sure if that applies so much for FET, but I know it can for fresh transfers).
     Fingers and toes crossed for you! When is your first beta? 

@rmarble23 wow congrats!!! So exciting! :)
  • Options
    @rmarble23 Congrats for a great second beta!!

@momma2behopefully -- I meant that tomorrow morning you should get a darker line!!  I think it's pretty rare to get a false positive.  You should definitely get a positive beta if you have a positive HPT.  Obviously, the worst case would be no rise or doubling at the second beta (chemical pregnancy).  But TODAY YOU ARE PREGNANT!  Celebrate!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. You all make me feel a lot less crazy! Beta is tomorrow morning!

One other question- we did PGD before the transfer, so we know the embryo is chromosomally (is that a word?) normal. If we do get a positive beta and second beta, does that put us at the same as those who conceived naturally to make it through first trimester, or would that be higher odds? 

This being our first IVF (did Clomid, IUI in the past) I feel like i have a million unanswered questions and I'm not sure my nurse wants to answer many more!
  • Options
    so this afternoon got another phone call from the other RE in the office, the one i dont like (this morning's call was from my nurse) and she left a voicemail with the exact same info but she wants me to come in friday for beta#3....hmmm so i called to confirm and the RE tells me oh well she didn't talk to me first...well she didn't have to b/c you aren't working with me or her but anyways i have to back for another beta friday and maybe that will be the last one if things go well?????  

also didn't have time to post it earlier but this morning i thought things were going to go completely wrong.  the lab tech that is always there has been out for quite a while on medical leave so its been a new person each day filling in for her.  our hospital adopted a new policy requiring IDs for all patients (i also work at the hospital and i am fully aware of the policy) now the tech this morning decides to lecture me rudely about the ID policy when no one has asked me about my ID in the months leading up to this and policy has been in effect for a little while now.  apparently this tech also didn't get that all of us ladies are here every morning this isn't our first rodeo and treated me like it was my first time getting a blood draw.  she then draws it in the wrong color tube.  my clinic uses one specific tube that gets sent over to the IVF facility since they manage the cycles my RE just facilitates.  i was expecting to get a phone call saying things got screwed up and i wouldn't get my beta.  talked myself down from an almost melt down b/c clearly this woman had no idea what she was dealing with.  thankfully as i previously posted beta came out great so no issues.

• Options
    @rmarble23 That moon does make people crazy!  Maybe it's messing with our sleep too haha.  Congrats on the great number again!

@Nellin I'm glad your transfer went well!  FX for you!  Well the Endometrin was quite messy, so be glad you're not taking that haha.  I had to wear a pantyliner because it was constantly running out.  I can't say I'm looking forward to injections again, but it will be nice to feel cleaner in that region haha.

@momma2behopefully Congratulations!  Can't wait to hear your number tomorrow!

I heard back from my nurse today and she said there aren't any restrictions for FET... With BD or anything.  She just said not to start any new exercise routines, just stick with what I'm conditioned to.  So I guess I'm free to BD the night before transfer if I choose to haha.  Still not sure if I will... :D

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    Signed our consent to thaw paperwork today.  The wording made me very emotional.  Gah...all the hormones are getting to me!
  • Options
    @ltlavac good luck today!!! 
  • Options
    @momma2behopefully Congrats! that's wonder beta numbers!

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Yay @momma2behopefully!!! Congrats!!!

• Options
    Thanks @kaseylk! Transfer complete and I'm at home resting! How about you?! Hope everything went well. Beta date on Halloween, woohoo!!!

Love seeing the recent bfp's on here!! 

• Options
    @ltlavac everything went great for me also. Embryologist said embryo was fantastic looking! Blood test on Halloween also!! But I work in a hospital so I most likely won't be able to wait 10 days. My friends a lab tech lol
  • Options
    @momma2behopefully yay so happy for you! :)
    I didn't mean to be negative about the possibility of a false positive HPT - I just had a friend have that with her fresh transfer so I'm always paranoid! I know that one persons experience doesn't make it any more likely. False negatives happen all the time for so many reasons but false positives are extremely rare!

I am struggling to stop myself from over-analysing possible symptoms! Feeling nauseous and it's only 2days post transfer so there's no way it could be symptoms!  And I know these drugs make me feel nauseous anyway, but there's that tiny voice I can't shut up saying "what if..."

Any suggestions on on shutting up the voices in my head?! :P 

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    edited October 2016
    Congratulations @momma2behopefully and @rmarble23! Great numbers!!!

Glad your transfers went well @Nellin and @ltlavac

@Nellin-  I often wonder if I am overanalyzing things that are going on with my body.  I think it is hard not to! 

Afm... For the past three nights my PIO injections haven't been going as smoothly as before.  A little bit of the injection comes out.  It has made me nervous..why all of a sudden is this happening?  My DH isn't doing anything different then he has before.  He waits a little while before he takes the needle out and then we massage the injection.  Has anyone experienced this?  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaa hmm not sure, with my stims I always waited 10 seconds before withdrawing the needle. Might be worth calling your clinic to see if they have any suggestions. If it's just one drop it might not be an issue but better to have an expert opinion! 
  • Options
    @kaa I am also doing PIO injections and some of my medication comes out after the injection as well. The oil is so think it builds up and has a hard time spreading out right away. My husband also massages the whole area after wards and says that a little bit always ends up coming back out. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Not unless a lot is coming out.

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Well, just had my ultrasound.  Lining is only at a 7.  RE said we will probably delay.  He had to go do an ER.  I had labs drawn.  Now I am waiting to discuss with him.  Kinda bummed.
  • Options
    :( sorry @mrs.bigcountry hope its only a couple days delay 

@nellin just gotta keep yourself busy as best as you can

AFM beta#3 2457, i have to go back next wednesday just to keep in touch since u/s wont be until the first week of November

• Options
    My lining was only 6.8 and E2 was 169.8, so I have been delayed a week.  My new tentative transfer date is 11/3.  RE said lining needs to be between 7-10.  Anyone know what E2 needs to be?  I know they wanted it over 2000 before triggering for ER.

I am on 4 Vivelle patches.  Now we are adding one estradiol tablet, baby aspirin, 800mg Folic Acid, and 1000u Vitamin E.
  • Options
    Congrats on all of the good betas and FX for all of the transfers!

@Mrs.BigCountry Ugh... I'm sorry to hear that you're being delayed.  We wait long enough as it is.  I hope it's not for long... Thinking of you.

AFM I had my last monitoring appointment this morning.  I woke up so many times last night and was wide awake at 445 this morning... I had to get up at 515 to make my 7 AM appointment before work.  It's so silly that I can't sleep the night before such appointments, when they're so routine and I've been through them so many times.  I guess I still worry.  I am told all looks good and that I'm on track still... Lining was 12.something... I can't even remember.  I was so stressed out driving to my clinic because it was raining horribly this morning and I had a hard time seeing where I was going in the dark with the rain and glaring headlights and tractor trailer trucks... and I think I need new wipers... and I was thinking ugh with this weather and these driving conditions, I will surely be late to work.  So my mind was preoccupied for sure, but I'm glad things seem to be going well.

So I start PIO tomorrow and am so conflicted about when to do the injections.  My instructions from the nurse today just said to be sure to take it at the same time each day.  So then I asked (stupid me... I should've just done what I wanted haha) does it matter, AM or PM?  The nurse says they advise AM.  Well then why wasn't that indicated in the initial instructions?  Why did I have to ask?  Well I'd rather do them PM, with the way DH's and my work schedules are... and obviously hearing from you guys, everyone does them at different times throughout the day... Why does it matter?

Now I'm just plain annoyed that a specific time of day was recommended and it wasn't what I wanted it to be... Being that tomorrow is Saturday, I am not getting up at the ass crack of dawn to have DH do this shot for me, when it's a day we use to catch up on sleep (we're both often stressed during the week with our jobs and don't sleep well), if it's fine to give in the PM too.  Not to mention we have a wedding tomorrow afternoon that is 40 minutes away from home, so I will need to take my shot before we leave for that anyway... so I can't even do evening tomorrow either (I don't want to have to take it with me and have DH shoot me up somewhere random on the first try... I had asked the nurse before about this and she said to eliminate stress, don't take it with me and just do it before I leave).

I mean obviously, I am willing to do what it takes to make this work and if it's AM, fine... But if it truly does not affect results one way or another (as I can plainly see many women take it at different times and still get PG... including a good friend of mine who took it around 8 PM every night for a FET and had success)... I would prefer a little convenience in this mainly inconvenient IF lifestyle of mine... Is that too much to ask?!?!  END RANT!

Haha, my tired cranky ass needs to go to bed... and I'm sleeping in if I can... and then I will worry about the PIO!  But of course, tell me what you think, haha.  Follow the nurse's directions, or do what I want???

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @joneser1281 I have no experience with pio but I'm assuming it's like the flu shot ( I say this as I got my flu shot yesterday ) they want you to move so you don't hurt as much so maybe the am they figure your bum is going to be much more active and possibly less painful over time??