Infertility
Options

October FET buddies

Re: October FET buddies

• Options
    I know! I wish more transfers were happening this week too. 

I'm 3dpt now and have had a couple of days of very mild cramping. More cramping on transfer day and mild cramping throughout the afternoon yesterday. So, how many days post-transfer do people generally start POAS? I've never ever seen that pink line on the strip before, so I'm hoping that I get to see one soon. 

@ltlavac Keeping my FX for you that you get a date on Monday! So exciting! 

Me: 40, DH: 39
    Married and TTC since 9/14
    Unexplained infertility
    12/15: TI with Letrozole, BFN
    5/16: IVF #1, 33 eggs, 27 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, all tested abnormal 
    7/16: IVF #2, 46 eggs, 36 fertilized, 14 blastocysts, 5 tested normal and were frozen
    10/5/16: FET, single embryo, BFN
    11/11/16: ERA test #1, Pre-receptive
    12/6/16: ERA test #2, Receptive on Progesterone Day 7
    12/28/16: FET #2 single embryo, BFP, m/c on 1/14/17
    3/24/17: Endometrial scratch
  • Options
    rmarble23rmarble23 member
    edited October 2016
    yay @ltlavac ! fx for your lining!!

@omarismyhomeboy i worry the same things.  i am only 2dpt but except for my little lightheaded in the grocery store right after transfer i have felt nothing other than irritation (emotionally and physically) from crinone....

speaking of crinone funny story. (TMI!)  if you take it you know its in a tampon/monistat kind of applicator that you insert and dispense.  it has a green cover on the top that you take off.  yesterday morning i put it in and im pushing the plunger hard and its not working....wtf push a little harder...wtf....then it hits me...where is the damn cap?!?!? yup if i pushed a little harder the cap may have come off and flown up to visit my twins. then we would have had some funny shit to tell the RE.  SMH

@mrs.bigcountry this is going to be a tough week for all of us to stay strong...and i must say insurance has been the most frustrating part of the process.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vic311 POAS for us is different since we didn't have a fresh transfer and there is no trigger to worry about but i think 6-7dpt is the normal for trying to get a pos but then you have to worry about late implantation

• Options
    edited October 2016
    https://goo.gl/oCMUjv

i added everyone i think, not all info is complete if you want to add whats missing :)

• Options
    @rmarble23 Thank you! I won't start testing for a few more days. I don't have the discipline to wait for my beta :) 
    Unexplained infertility
    7/16: IVF #2, 46 eggs, 36 fertilized, 14 blastocysts, 5 tested normal and were frozen
  • Options
    @rmarble23 LOL! I have the opposite story! When the crinone first came, I wanted to see what it looked like so I took off the green cap and pushed it in. I thought it would move up slowly..like a pushup pop. NOPE! It all of a sudden came SHOOTING out and splattered on my mirror! Fail..
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    @omarismyhomeboy lmao i did the same thing too, not on my mirror but yes i exploded my first one too thinking the same exact things 

• Options
    @rmarble23 You are right... We can't say we didn't do everything we could.  I guess our plan is to try with FETs for as many embryos as we have... After that, I'm not sure we'd do another fresh cycle.  It's just so expensive.  I guess I am just freaking out with so many emotions because I'm getting closer to the FET this month.  I appreciate your support.  <3

@Vic311 You are also right, haha.  IVF is so much money... We lucked out with the fresh cycle in having the meds covered with copays, but that was it... and I think that was only because we kind of slid through the cracks of the insurance company because now they give bullshit responses saying that yes the meds are covered, but not if they're being used for ARTs because those procedures are not covered... Well why in the hell else would anyone take the medications unless they were doing an ART procedure?!  I mean, that doesn't even make any sense... And I know... There are many women who have suffered years of IF who went on to have IVF successes... You'd think I'd dwell on that positive note, but no haha... I think about all of the women out there who are still struggling after multiple bouts of IVF that haven't worked.  I'm just terrified of being one of those women.  Because I feel like everything we've done, tried, etc. that has worked for other people has never worked for us.  Whether it be supplements, cycle advice, health advice, wives tales, procedures.  I even hear such good things about FETs from friends and doctors being more successful because you're not as stimulated inside from meds like you are in a fresh cycle, so things are calmer and your lining tends to be in better shape.  It makes me hopeful, but at the same time I think... Probably won't work for us!  I appreciate your positivity too as I'm being Negative Nancy, haha.

@ltlavac Thank you for the positive vibes!  It definitely helps to know that you guys know exactly how I'm feeling.  Most people just don't get it!  I hope your lining is tip top so you can get that transfer date... <3

@tcolechia Thank you also for your kinds words!  I guess I'm having a better day today... I think the problem is that I'm exhausted lately.  Work has been really busy and so are our weekends so I feel like I'm nonstop and not getting enough sleep/rest.  It's got to be affecting my moods.  I have plans for a lazy night in tonight with DH, which is perfect for this rainy and chilly fall day.  I hope those cramps you're having are a good sign too!  I'm with you... Stay away from those sticks!<3

@omarismyhomeboy Don't get yourself down about not feeling anything... I felt that same way for my fresh cycle and was sure nothing worked and ended up with a BFP and 3 high, spot-on betas.  I know things didn't end how I had hoped, but even feeling no symptoms can mean being PG.  Yet another thing to frustrate us because no two pregnancies are alike... You can feel everything and nothing and still be PG.  Try to stay positive... Thinking of you.  <3

Well I go for my baseline US and bloodwork tomorrow morning.  Hopefully all is well and I can then start the Estradiol twice a day tomorrow too.  Has anyone taken it before who can share side effects?  If you want to say none, that would be grrrrreat.  Haha. :D

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    edited October 2016
    @joneser1281 the only thing I have noticed from estradiol is that I have some crazy dreams!  I go in for bloodwork and an U/S tomorrow too!  Hopefully I will find out a ballpark idea of when my transfer will be!  Good luck tomorrow!

thank you for putting me in the spreadsheet @rmarble23
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married Since: 2010
    IVF ICSI
    Fresh Cycle: 8/17/16 BFN 8/27/16
    Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Biopsy: 9/9/2016
    FET: 10/14/2016 BFN 10/28/2016

• Options
    Thank you @Kaa!  I can deal with crazy dreams, haha.  I'm hoping to avoid things like major bloat, headaches, and mood swings haha.  I'm currently having some breakthrough bleeding from stopping the BCPs, so that's good times.  Good luck to you tomorrow too!  I hope you get your date tomorrow!

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• Options
    estridiol is probably the easiest of meds i have taken, nothing too crazy if anything at all...kinda hard to tell since i am emotional all the time now.  but i am starving, like could eat a cow half the day but i think that is mostly the crinone.

• Options
    Exactly what rmarble23 said! It also made me tired the first few times of taking it. But definitely the easiest med I have taken so far! 

Me: 29 DH: 35

TTC since: 12/2013

Unexplained Infertility- arcuate uterus diagnosed 6/2016 

MC: 12/25/2014

3 IUIs with Clomid- BFN- 2016

Fresh IVF cycle-BFN- 7/2016

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

FET- 10/3/16-BFP!!! Beta #1- 736 Beta #2 3,223 Beta #3 22,015

• Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I have read through all of your posts. I find it helps to read about others going through what I currently am going through. A little background on me... I went through IVF in 2013 after about 6 years of infertility. My husband had cancer at the age of 18.  We were blessed with 5 frozen embryos and one that stuck. We decided last spring to try for a second child. At the time I was almost finished with school. We went to the clinic I started the testing and got bc. Everything was headed in the right direction. Then I got a call. My dad had a heart attack and he ended up passing away. I took a few months to grieve but decided to start the process again. I am on Lupron and had my last bc on Friday. I an ultrasound on Tuesday. My projected transfer day is Nov 3rd. I wish everyone the best of luck
  • Options
    @rmarble23 I am in the packed waiting room of my clinic and loled at your "eat a cow comment." Great! Should I expect weight gain then? Haha. @tcolechia I'm glad you don't think it's too bad either. I could use some easy this time around!

@Lavendar83 welcome... I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I hope everything goes smoothly for you this time around. <3

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @ joneser1281 - Thank you.❤️ Good luck with your ultrasound today. I am glad you asked about the Estrogen. I am supposed to start it on Thursday and was also wondering if anyone is having symptoms from it. I was glad to be done with the bc. I have been on it since July and it gave me awful headaches.
  • Options
    @joneser1281 lmao i tell my co workers every day "i could eat a cow" and i eat breakfast around 630-730 but barely 9am hits and im ravished! 

• Options
    @Lavendar83 welcome! So sorry to hear about your father. I hope this will be a successful cycle for you.

AFM- I broke down and tested this morning at 5dp5dt. The biggest BFN you've ever seen. Like not even the faintest hint of anything. 

Now before y'all tell me it's way too early, you're right, it might be. But my friend got a faint line by this point. Also it also translates to 10dpo and FRER picks up like 80% of those positives by that point. 

So I am feeling pretty down right now .
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Options
    @kaa @joneser1281 how did you ladies make out today? 

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    @Lavendar83 Thank you for the well wishes!  I too am glad to be done with the BCPs, although I didn't have to be on them as long for this FET as I was in the summer for my fresh cycle.  In the summer, they made me super bloated and caused me to gain weight.  I also had a lot of annoying spotting.  This time, I can't really say I had any noticeable side effects.  However, I have been having some major breakthrough bleeding since stopping them, that I did not have last time.  Does anyone know if this is considered a period or not?  I am going to ask my nurse, but was just curious if anyone had experienced it before too.

@omarismyhomeboy I know it's hard, but don't feel down yet... It really is early.  I POAS at 6dp5dt and got a BFN... I also tested the next day and got a BFN, so then I gave up.  When I went in for my beta at 9dp5dt, BFP of 117.3.  I did not use FRER though... I try not to buy the pricey tests because they quickly add up.  When it's this early I feel like home tests aren't that sensitive.  Even if it's negative, you still have a lot of hope left!

@tcolechia Thanks for checking on me! ;) I had my baseline US today and my Estradiol level checked.  I was told my results today "look great!"  So that's a relief... I was expecting something to come up and push things off further... I already feel like my transfer is years away haha.  So I started two tablets of Estradiol today, twice a day.  I'm to up it to 3 tablets twice a day in a week and that's when I go in for my next US and to have my Progesterone and Estradiol checked.

@rmarble23 Well I don't know if it's because you told me I'd be hungry or not, but I am feeling hungry all day after just one dose of Estradiol this morning, haha.  You should have told me I'd feel 10 years younger and would lose 5 lbs... Then maybe my crazy mind would've made that happen! :D I do have a bit of a headache this afternoon, but I think I might be dehydrated and am trying to drink more water this afternoon.

@kaa Did you get a transfer date today???

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @omarismyhomeboy Try to stay positive! I know seeing a negative can totally bring you down and make it so difficult to see the positive. According to a chart I found online about days past 5 day transfers says that it's not until day 6 that hcg starts to enter the bloodstream. 5dp5dt the chart says implantation just finished. I know everyone's bodies are different, but I still have A LOT of hope for you! Xoxo

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    y'all are sweet xx @tcolechia @joneser1281
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    Hi Ladies!  Thanks for checking in @tcolechia and @joneser1281!  Today went well..my lining is at 7.1 and I have a transfer date of Friday! I tried to update the google doc but have to use my home computer rather than my phone.   I start Progesterone tonight!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    tcolechiatcolechia member
    edited October 2016
    @kaa That's great news! What kind of progesterone will you be using? 

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    @tcolechia--progesterone in oil injection. It isn't so bad!  I wish I had known about the numbing cream before I started.  It usually just bothers me the day after the injection.  I can remember struggling to get comfortable when it was time to go to bed!

Ladies...I have been eating all day!  All these comments about estradiol making you hungry!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    Yay great news @kaa and @joneser1281

@joneser1281 now that you mention it I do feel like I have the body and stamina of a 12 year old  ;)

• Options
    Happy Monday, everyone! I hope everyone having their beta's this week is doing better than I am. Starting to get very nervous and trying to stay positive. Still not having any significant symptoms. I think the "cramping" that I'm feeling is in my head.

@kaa So excited that you are having your transfer this week! And @joneser1281, so happy that you are moving forward too!

@omarismyhomeboy I know how tough it is not to see the line on the strip. I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I have never experienced seeing "the line" and honestly, I can't even imagine what it must feel like. I am thinking of you lots and have huge hopes that you were simply testing to early to detect your BFP. Hugs!

Unexplained infertility
  • Options
    @omarismyhomeboy
    TRIGGER WARNING.  With my successful fresh cycle, I tested morning and night starting with the retrieval date.  I didn't get a positive until the evening of 6dp5dt.  BIG prayers for you!! 
  • Options
    Thanks so much, I so appreciate it. @Vic311
    And I have a pretty strong feeling I'm out, but I really like these real examples of success :)@mrs.bigcountry 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Options

@kaa That's great that your not having any problems with the PIO.

I'm not sure why the last few times my husband gave me the injection it really really hurt and we are doing everything the same. :(  I just keep reminding myself that one day we will have a beautiful baby.

How is everyone doing during there TWW so far? We have betas coming up this week! Ahhhh!!! I am so excited! :) I have been so good and have kept my word about not POA. The only symptoms I have had (maybe not pregnancy related at all, but I hope so) is sore boobs, a lot of fluid coming out and It makes me nervous that its AF so I run to the bathroom to check, and diarrhea ( which I read could be from the hormones). Thursday can't come soon enough for me! I have a busy couple of days coming up that should help pass the time.

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    @omarismyhomeboy  im still holding out hope for you there is still a few days left, it helps me to think out the plan for the next cycle, knowing i have a plan and things are over yet give me comfort (im all about planning), you still have a bunch on ice waiting for you :)

today i feel like there is something happening.  no normal symptoms from the crinone like the sore boobs and stuff but i feel a full-ish feeling...it could def be all in my head trying to find something different about myself especially since it soo early

• Options
    So I caved and did a hpt today, 5dpt. Bad idea, it was negative. Hoping I am just too early...
    Unexplained infertility
  • Options
    Still praying for all of you ladies!!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hi ladies! Hope you all are having a good day! I was in a work meeting all day and just got back home. It was a long day. I was feeling nauseous during the meeting and kept going to the bathroom, but didn't throw up. Thursday (beta day) can't come soon enough!!!

*TMI alert*

I have a large knot on my butt check from the PIO. The location of the knot is really strange because it's not where we do the injection. We have been alternating sides, and different spots on the upper quadrant of my cheek. Has anyone else experienced this as well?

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Hi all. I'm new to these boards- first time poster! 
    I had my egg retrieval last week of August and my transfer today. We transferred one 5 day embryo. Wishing everyone else luck! I'm sure I will have a million questions over the next 2 weeks!
  • Options
    welcome @momma2behopefully  ask away this isn't the first rodeo for most of us 

• Options
    joneser1281joneser1281 member
    edited October 2016
    @kaa Yay!  I'm so excited you have a date... I'll be thinking of you on Friday and sending good thoughts your way!

Lol @rmarble23 I'd like to say your reverse psychology worked, but I'm mostly just hungry, haha!  Your new symptoms sound like a good sign!  That full feeling sounds good to me... Unless you actually ate a cow... Lol :D

@Vic311 Thanks for the good thoughts!  And hang in there... Keep that hope alive!  I still think it's too early!

@omarismyhomeboy I'm still holding on to hope for you too!  It's not over til that fat beta sings!

@tcolechia Way to stay strong and away from POAS!  Hang in there!  Nausea sounds like it could be a good thing?  I'm sorry to hear about your butt knot (for lack of better term, haha)... I don't have any advice since I haven't done PIO yet, but more and more I am certainly not looking forward to it!

@momma2behopefully Welcome!  Good luck to you!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @tcolechia  maybe you need Buddy to work your butt knot.  He apparently does a good job lol

today I figured out that my pharmacy and RE have been not giving me what they should have for my crinone.  I went to get a refill today and they told me they couldn't put it through until tomorrow bc insurance says it's too soon.  It didn't occur to me that I have been getting two boxes which equals enough for 15 days but This time only got one box for 7 days worth. Confused I went into my chart ( I work at the hospital ) and checked the prescription which was written wrong and I should technically be getting 4 boxes to make 30 days. Anyways called the pharmacy and they figured out they owe me a box and my nurse called and said she would go down and roll heads at the pharmacy if I needed her to. I told her as long as I get the box I need I don't care about the prescription being written wrong.  End of story I have to go in early to pick up my missing box and take it at work  :/  thankfully we have couches in one area so I can lay down for a few like I normally do. 

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    fingers are crossed for those who have betas this week!  Try to stay positive..I know it can be hard!

Well I spoke too soon @tcolechia!  The pio injections have been hurting and I bled quite a bit tonight!  :/. I'm excited for you!  Thursday will be here before you know it! 

Thank you @joneser1281!  Good thoughts are certainly appreciated! 

I am glad your figured out what was going on with your prescription @rmarble23 !  Organizing and figuring out all the meds and when to refill them was def something I wasn't prepared for. 
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @rmarble23 I needed a good laugh tonight! Thank you! That picture is hilarious! Good luck with your meds! It can be so stressful getting the meds we need. I don't understand why people can't do their jobs right. What we are going through is stressful enough. 

@Kaa - Oh no! I haven't had a big bleeder yet. My fingers are crossed for us that this gets easier. Maybe our butts will become so numb from the injections that we won't feel a thing. ;) I have been having my husband rub out the knots tonight and it seems to have helped a little bit. 

@joneser1281- Thank you!  :)

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Every time I use my phone to write on here it only posts some of what I write. So annoying that I have to keep going back to edit! 

PGS testing- 8/15/2016