Infertility

October FET buddies

Re: October FET buddies

• Sorry @ltlavac to hear the bad news. 
    Look after yourself x
  • Thanks, @Nellin ... Yeah, I definitely didn't have any sneezing during the transfer.  In the week leading up to it, I had some sniffles and a sneeze here or there, but it was nothing that made me even think I should mention it to my clinic.  It wasn't until later in the day after the FET that my sneezing began to pick up... and by evening I felt like crap and full blown sick.  I would imagine you can't sneeze an embryo out of place later in the day after transfer... My main concern is the fact that I had a low grade fever too.  I've had it over the last several days, but it never reaches 100 and aside from having trouble breathing and constantly blowing my nose to try and unclog it, I don't feel sick.  I stopped taking my temp because I don't have that feverish flushed feeling to my face anymore.  I'm very exhausted with how busy I've been lately with things to do, but I don't feel like I need to be lying down or in bed or anything like that.

@kaseylk I'm sorry about your sucky news... I am glad you still have two embies though!  Yeah, I say crack the wine too!

@Kaa I am feeling better, thank you for asking!  Aside from my mental stability, haha.  That stinks that you didn't get the results you were hoping for... I wonder why your levels were up if they normally aren't?  Let us know what you find out.

@ltlavac I'm sorry about the BFN... Indulge in some guilty pleasures for sure!  Do you have plans to try again soon?

I keep thinking myself, what's the plan if this didn't work?  Of course I want to try again right away, but I think we need to pump the brakes financially.  The holidays are coming up and are pretty expensive with all of the gift buying we do.  I'm thinking if this doesn't work, we should at least wait until January before trying again.  Though if my sickness negatively affected things, I'm hesitant to try at all again during cold/flu season!  I am trying to remain positive, but I am the only one.  DH faithfully does my shots, but he's really not optimistic this time.  He says the CP in the summer took everything out of him.  He was so positive (even when I wasn't) and everything went to hell.  He's not really saying much at all about things this time.  I really want to be PG even more this time (as if that's possible!) to prove him wrong for not believing this time, haha.  I feel like since he couldn't take off work for the transfer this time, he was just more disconnected from the process too.

Well I am 5dp5dt... Should I be feeling anything?  Haha.  I didn't last time at this time when I did get positive betas.  4 more days to go! :s

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Loading the player...
  • @joneser1281 sorry  you haven't been feeling well :(  if it makes you feel better even after a great set of betas i dont "feel" pg other than symptoms that could be but could also be from the meds.  i am completely symptom spotting to make myself feel better until i see that little thing on an u/s to know its right where its supposed to be.  

@kaa @ltlavac @kaseylk so sorry to hear about your BFN :( 

so i updated the spreadsheet, just waiting on @joneser1281 's beta and looks like if you get good news we will be 50% for the month so "may the odds be ever in your favor" :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @joneser1281 hello, I'm following a different thread but I have been lurking on this one too. I thought I would tell you my story.

** TW** 
    when I went through my fresh IVF cycle it was over the winter holidays in fact I had an embryo transfer on Christmas Eve. Well, I ended up getting really sick right after the transfer with the worst flu I had ever had. I had a fever that got up to almost 102. I remember standing in the shower running cold water on myself to try and bring the fever down. I was devastated and crying because I thought it was over. Still, I didn't want to take anything because of the embryo and my clinic just said to try and get better. The day I got my beta drawn I was still really sick. I ended up getting a positive beta and had a healthy baby from it.  I understand that you are being cautious about it especially with what you have been through,I just didn't want you to give up hope. I will be thinking of you and I am hoping for the best!
  • @tcolechia thats amazing!! i told you those numbers were crazy!  i now cant wait for mine tomorrow to find out how many i got in there :):):)  so happy for you...hope to see you on the pg after if side :)

• @tcolechia Congratulations!  That is sooo exciting!   :)

Can't wait to hear how you make out @rmarble23!

@joneser1281 You are almost there!  I feel like sometimes my dh is the same way.  I think they (well mine) processes this whole journey a little differently then we do.  

I had my follow up today. The dr was very optimistic and encouraging.  He put me on thyroid medication to get my level down.  Ugh.  I don't understand that part...how it is suddenly elevated.   He said we are going with the Microflare protocol this time around.  New meds and a lot more of it.   :p
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married Since: 2010
    IVF ICSI
    Fresh Cycle: 8/17/16 BFN 8/27/16
    Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Biopsy: 9/9/2016
    FET: 10/14/2016 BFN 10/28/2016

• @rmarble23 Thank you... I am often a symptom spotter myself.  Did you have any implantation/cramping before your first beta?  I did the day before my first beta in the summer, but am wondering if I will feel anything this time if things are happening?  Just waiting on my beta... No pressure!  Haha.

@Lavendar83 Thank you thank you thank you!!!  I can't tell you how much your story meant to me! <3  I read it last night before I went to bed and I think it helped me to sleep a little better.  Those are the stories I need to hear right now!  Thank you so much for reaching out!  Did your RE mention if there was any possible link between your illness and the transfer, or was it just coincidence you became sick at that time?

@tcolechia I knew it!  Congratulations!  I can imagine that's a bittersweet day to be released to your OB... I keep thinking if I'm ever lucky enough to get to that point, will they be able to handle my neurosis and questions about everything like my clinic was used to doing? haha.  Please do stay in touch!  That's something that really made me sad about the girls I chatted with on here in the summer during my fresh cycle.  Many of them got their BFPs and they went onto other boards and I never heard from them again.  Keep us updated and remind us of your happy ending story when we need positivity to get us through dark times. <3

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• joneser1281joneser1281 member
    edited November 2016
    @kaa I know... My anxiety level is rising... :s I truly have no indication as to how things are going to turn out.  I'm glad to know you can relate with your DH.  I would love to be able to get good news to share with mine this weekend.  I'm glad you got some answers today and that your doc was encouraging.  What's a Microflare protocol?

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Men definitely process things differently. Also it's their role to support you through this - it's the only thing that they can do! Sometimes that means being realistic and trying to calm the emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows. 

Not sure that I posted, my second beta went well. Got a third beta in a week and then scan in week 8! Such a long time to wait (3.5 weeks away). 

joneser1281 even if you do get a BFP it won't stop the anxiety! It's just a while lot of new anxieties to face :P (not that I'm complaining at all, I'm still excited every time I have a wave of nausea!)
  • @joneser1281 it does my heart good to hear that what I wrote helped you. I got sick because my parents had the flu and got me sick. They didn't know at the time we were going through fertility treatment. I will be thinking about you and sending you good vibes
  • @joneser1281 I get random "cramps" twitches like all the time so I think I did but really how much is meds. I also agree with @nellin the anxiety never stops.  After bfp you worry about where it is, if it continues to grow. If it's not one thing it's another. 

Afm had my first u/s today there was two sacs which was twins (I put in two embryos) but only one has a little peanut. The other is completely empty so they are going to watch it and it should absorb sometime soon. I go back next week for another I think more to monitor what the "extra" sac does. Heart rate came back great at 119. I am finally relieved knowing things are ok. 

• @Nellin Yeah I know the anxiety never stops.  Even when I had those 3 great betas in the summer, I was still a wreck... and rightfully so I guess, because things didn't work out.  Glad your second beta went well!

@Lavendar83 Oh ok... I didn't know if the transfer had made you more susceptible to illness.  I'm glad everything worked out for you and thank you for the good vibes!

@rmarble23 I see... I was just wondering if you had anything going on before you got that first beta done to make you think you were PG.  Glad you are feeling relieved and everything is going well.

AFM... Well tomorrow is the big day and I don't even know what to think or feel.  I physically feel absolutely nothing... Logic tells me it's so early... that doesn't mean it didn't work... But it would be nice to have something to go on.  Before I got my BFP in the summer, I had no symptoms either, but then I had cramping on and off all day the day before the beta.  Today, NOTHING.  I'm trying to be optimistic and tell myself yes, but look how that ended... in a CP!  So maybe not feeling any cramping yet is a good sign things are going differently... Probably wishful thinking!  I am again feeling crappy though.  I felt better for a couple days, but today I was again back to feeling exhausted, stuffy nosed, watery eyed, with a scratchy throat.  This wait did go by much faster than I expected because I was so busy.  I can't believe it will all be over tomorrow.  I keep thinking this had to work!  Right??  The last time it kind of worked... FETs are supposed to have better success rates than fresh transfers... We had a better embryo this time than last time... Everything went well with the transfer... But I think we all know that none of that really matters.  It's all up to chance.  I hope I can sleep tonight... I feel so rundown, I really need it!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 it was more the full feeling and probably just my gut that told me to POAS but really none of my symptoms were like previously being on the crinone where i had wicked sore boobs like the entire time.  anyways good luck today i am thinking of you and waiting anxiously :)

• <3 Thinking of you @joneser1281!  Anxiously waiting as well!
    IVF ICSI

• Ugh.  I hate when my phone doesn't save my posts!  

I am am so happy for you @Nellin and @rmarble23!

@joneser1281.. from my understanding, the Microflare protocol is an aggressive approach to help me harvest more eggs.  The first time around, I had three eggs.  This protocol will have me doing shots in the morning and at night!  I will be takin Lupron for the first time. All of the other meds I believe I have taken. 
    IVF ICSI

• Thank you, @rmarble23 and @kaa... I so appreciate the good thoughts!

TW... Kinda?

Ok... So my beta came back at 92.89... Sigh!  That's lower than what my first beta was in the summer that ended in CP (117.3)!  I got my "Congratulations" call and message on the online portal, but I'm just totally nervous that I'm just going through the same thing again.  The nurse on the phone said they consider that a good, strong number (same thing I was told in the summer) and that they consider anything above 20 (I think that's what she said... My mind was racing) to be positive.  So I have to go back on Monday to see if the numbers have climbed.  I am a wreck, of course, but I guess I have to think positively and be hopeful.  I just for once wish I could have a great first number in the 200s+ like it seems most people do, but I will be grateful for what I have I suppose... I just hope it lasts.  If anyone is lurking or knows of any positive stories... I'll take them!  Haha. I read somewhere that some research shows that FET embryos can be slow implanters, so that's the theory I will go with right now to tell myself all will be well. :#

@kaa Thank you for the explanation... Ugh, more shots... Whatever it takes though, right?  We are such badasses... All of the needles we deal with would make most grown men cry!  Haha.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 I completely understand your hesitation but like you already know everyone's numbers are different. I can also see how they would be late implanting as well.... these kids were frozen, you would be slow too if you just came outta the freezer  :# but big hugs for you and try not to let past experience shadow your positive results. Congrats!!

• Yay! @joneser1281!   Congratulations!  I can also understand your hesitation.  I agree with @rmarble23 to try not to let past experiences shadow your good news!!
    IVF ICSI

• @joneser1281 congratulations!! 
    They told me hcg needed to be above 50 and I don't think it's so important how high it is as long as it's increasing.  Good luck for Monday!

I've got one more beta on Wednesday and then 3 week wait for our scan.  
  • @rmarble23, @kaa, and @Nellin Thank you all so much for the positive comments and well wishes!  I really needed those!  I am trying to be hopeful... and you're right... I shouldn't let my past heartbreak influence this time, but it's so hard.  I honestly think the nurse on the phone was surprised I wasn't happier.  Haha.  I AM happy... But afraid to let myself be happy.  I haven't even told DH!  I told you guys how he hasn't really said much about anything this cycle, other than giving me my shots.  He asked me earlier today when I'll get the results and I told him sometime today... It's been hours and he hasn't asked me!  I think he's afraid to.  And the shit that I am, I'm not telling him until he asks. :p  Keep the good thoughts coming my way... <3

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281. TW -  My daughter (IVF fresh cycle) was the result of a 76 first beta!!!  Congrats!!!
  • @joneser1281  lmao the poor guy is probably scared shitless to ask you thinking it was bad news

• @Mrs.BigCountry Thank you so much! Those are the stories I need to hear to keep myself looking forward, instead of in the rearview mirror. I saw on another thread you're in the wait. FX for you... Keep us posted!

@rmarble23 Haha, probably. He's just so emotionally shut down I think... The CP this summer really did him in... I think because we put ivf off for so long as a last resort, he just assumed it was going to work no matter what. When he finally asked me yesterday and I said it was positive, his only response was, "What now?" I said I have to go again on Monday to be sure the numbers are climbing. He said he doesn't get excited anymore. I said you don't have to get excited, but you have to acknowledge it. He said he does. Men! Like I said, I really want to prove him wrong this time and force him to get excited. Lol.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 IVF is really a buzz kill :(  i hope your numbers multiply like crazy tomorrow and things will sink in for the both of you so you can enjoy it.

• @rmarble23 I know, right?!  It makes us so crazy... With every move I make I'm wondering if I'm messing something up in there.  Thank you!  From your lips to God's ears!  I really pray that I get good numbers tomorrow.  I won't know what to do if I don't... Especially because I'll be at work when I get the news!  I have to get up at 5 to make the drive and get to work on time... Which I am not a fan of because I feel like I'm so rushed.

It's also difficult because I have felt no symptoms and still am not.  Sometimes I feel a twitch or an ache and I'm wondering did that just happen?  Or am I just wanting it so bad that I imagined it?  I am super tired and very thirsty... But I also wonder if that's connected to me still being stuffy and fighting off this sinus cold.  Oh well... I guess I should get ready for bed... I hope I can sleep!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 CONGRATS! I am thinking of you today! Please keep us posted on how you make out today! <3

Me: 29 DH: 35

TTC since: 12/2013

Unexplained Infertility- arcuate uterus diagnosed 6/2016 

MC: 12/25/2014

3 IUIs with Clomid- BFN- 2016

Fresh IVF cycle-BFN- 7/2016

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

FET- 10/3/16-BFP!!! Beta #1- 736 Beta #2 3,223 Beta #3 22,015

• Ugh... It took hours and I finally just saw they posted... It only went up to 121.9. Why does this keep happening to me??? I guess I have to wait and see what my instructions are.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 I am so sorry this is happening to you.... thinking of you and hope they have something positive for you when they call

• Thank you @tcolechia and @rmarble23... It means a lot to get reassuring comments from you girls when I'm having such a trying day. :(

So I have to wait a whole week before they'll do another beta.  I asked if there is a reason they wait a week instead of having me in again in another two days?  The nurse said they give it more time to see where the hcg level is going.  So I basically have to wait in misery. :/

I noticed after my beta level came back at only rising at a rate of 30% they then ran my sample from today for Estradiol and Progesterone.  My Progesterone level has been consistent at about 25, but the Estradiol I've noticed has been dropping.  When I went in 6 days before my FET, it was at its highest 251.8.  Then on my transfer day it was 227.7.  I asked the nurse about it that day and she said it can vary based on when I took the pills vs. when they drew the blood, but that it was still in the good range and no adjustment was needed on my meds.  So today I see it was at 180.5.  I asked again and the nurse said they want to see over 150, so it's still considered good.  Now I know that I'm no doctor... But seeing that this level is dropping and beta numbers aren't rising appropriately, wouldn't you want to up my meds and see if that helped?  I don't know... I'm still kind of new to this IVF stuff so maybe not.  I am physically and mentally exhausted!  It doesn't help that I also have to have my yearly formal observation this week by one of my bosses at work.  Perfect timing! :s

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 That sucks that you have to wait to long to find out! 
    Can you ask your RE about the dropping Estradiol numbers rather than just a nurse? It's important that you make sure you are getting the best advice and information. I think it's a totally reasonable question to have answered by your doctor.
    Otherwise look after yourself and try and keep yourself distracted for the week! xx 

• @joneser1281 I am so sorry that you have to wait so long to find out what's going on! I am praying everything works out for you!

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Thank you @Nellin... I am definitely distracted because I have too much going on this week at work, but what's going on in my body is still on my mind 24/7.  I don't really feel the need to talk to my RE yet.  I heard from two different nurses (one of whom is my favorite... She was also an IF patient herself and knows her shit... Plus she'll tell me if she isn't sure of something or needs to ask the RE before getting back to me).  They keep telling me that blood draw is just a snapshot of what's going on in that exact moment.  Depending on when I took the pills, it might not fully be in my bloodstream at the time the blood is drawn... That makes some sense because I do take my first dose at 6:30 AM, so that's usually on my way to the clinic (I have a 45 minute drive there and usually leave around 6:15.  Maybe it's not always fully in my blood yet when they take their samples at the 7 AM appointments?  The day of my transfer, I don't think they drew my blood until 10:30 - 11 so I would have had my dose several hours earlier, possibly causing a higher level to be shown in the sample because it had time to get into my bloodstream.

Thank you @tcolechia!  I appreciate the support!

I am honestly just totally on "spot watch."  Every time I go to the bathroom I am frantically checking to see if anything is going on.  With the natural CP I had years ago and even with the CP after IVF this past summer, I've always started spotting/bleeding roughly 4-5 days after the first positive HPT or beta.  Tomorrow will be 4 days since my first beta, so I am filled with anxiety.  The bleeding I had this past summer was INSANE.  It was nonstop for DAYS, if not WEEKS (I can't remember now but if felt never ending) and I was fortunate to be off work.  If I have to go through that this week... I can't take days off.  I have a meeting tomorrow and am getting observed on Thursday.  Friday is also a day of meetings that I don't want to miss.  Not only do I not want to suffer through another CP, I literally don't have the time for it right now.  I know, I need to be positive... :#

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• I am glad you are somewhat distracted @joneser1281!  i hope your week goes by quickly!  
    IVF ICSI

• Thank you @kaa... Monday definitely feels like years away...

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• I started spotting yesterday and have mild cramps. I had a final beta which was perfect but I feel like a ticking time bomb! I can cope if this one doesn't stick but I just want to know either way! 
  • The nurse said at this point we just wait and I have to call if it gets worse. 
    More waiting....
  • Ugh, I'm sorry @Nellin ... It's hard enough to relax as is, but spotting can drive you insane.  Always hearing that it's completely normal, especially after IVF procedures, is never a comfort.  I hope it subsides for you soon.  Keep us posted.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• @joneser1281 Thanks! I still have 2 weeks to wait till my first scan with my RE but I'm meeting with a midwife tomorrow so I'm hoping she will calm my fears.
    I don't feel like I should be complaining at all - it's so exciting to have got this far. I never thought I'd be so lucky to have our first FET stick. Honestly I'm not sure I believed I'd ever have a positive beta so even if this one fails we know I'm actually capable of getting pregnant and we are so lucky to have frosties waiting if we need them. 
  • @joneser1281 how are you doing? 

PGS testing- 8/15/2016