TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    I'm back. I'm bleeding. I hate to be back but, I'm glad I have such a great place to come back to <3
  • Options
     :'( incredibly sorry @iceandsnowflakes29 we love having you around...just not like this :( many hugs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Girl, I'm so, so sorry. My heart hurts for you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @iceandsnowflakes29 :-(
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • Options
    Ugh @iceandsnowflakes29 I'm so sorry. This isn't fair.
  • Options
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I'm heartbroken for you. I'm so sorry.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    Thank you all. I'm doing pretty good all things considering :) 

In all honesty, it gave me the strength and drive to fight harder. I printed all my charts and booked an appointment online to see my acupuncturist. I also bought a new thermometer. 

Small things, but at least it made me feel proactive  :/ 

I've been lurking this whole time and someone mentioned the book "it starts with the egg" so, I'm putting that on my reading list. 

But right now, I'm off to level up on some Diablo 3! I need to shoot stuff. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I fully support you shooting up stuff right now! Major props to you for getting even more driven! And sounds like I need to check out that book too. 
  • Options
    @allysondunn2 I SO needed to see your CBAD post today! This is my first month using them after a friend suggested them to me and I'm on day 4 of high fertility readings and I was starting to get anxious that I missed it or it didn't surge or something. I'll relax a little more now knowing it could take a little extra time! Been BD every day to be sure lol
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Sorry to see you back over here.

My Wondfos  should be here this week so I have to figure out when I want to start using the OPKs. It's been since January, but as @reneeannemm said, my cycles are still so wacky. I had hoped I would be back to normal by now, but no such luck. I have Oed anywhere from CD12-18 so I guess I should start testing CD 7 or 8? Any thoughts?
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @Taggarab I would start around there, yeah. Should do just fine to catch the surge, even if you ovulate a little earlier than 12, too.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    Ugh. Tons of watery CM two days ago, +OPK yesterday, and no temp spike today. I've never O'd later than CD 15 ever. Guess I'm in for a long one this cycle. 
  • Options
    I'm sticking this question here. I don't want to create a new discussion so, whoever reads this please weigh in. 

My question is this: Has anyone here changed their diet for TTC purposes? If you did, elaborate, please :) 

(Disclaimer: no judgment from me. I had coffee and m&ms for breakfast ). 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida  WTO sucks. It is so boring. At least in the 2ww you can google and analyze. But WTO is just sex and waiting. And other than the sex part, just sucks. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 At first I cut down to one double espresso per day, down from two. I also did not have any alcohol, but I'm someone who'd have a half a beer every year or so - it wasn't a big change. DH and I are vegetarian (I'm vegan), but I did up my protein very specifically just to get in the habit for pregnancy. I added pumpkin seeds for zinc and flax oil in my daily smoothie. As the months have gone on, I said fuck it and now I drink one beer and one glass of wine a week (which is more alcohol than I've ever had on a regular basis) and usually have two double espressos a day. I even added homemade cinnamon vodka to my afternoon latte yesterday. The longer this stretches out, the less I seem to be able to live as though I were already pregnant, which might be lessening my fertility but ehhhhhhhhhhh

@Wishilivedinflorida Sorry, it sucks to wait and wait and wait and then wait some more. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 At first I cut down to one double espresso per day, down from two. I also did not have any alcohol, but I'm someone who'd have a half a beer every year or so - it wasn't a big change. DH and I are vegetarian (I'm vegan), but I did up my protein very specifically just to get in the habit for pregnancy. I added pumpkin seeds for zinc and flax oil in my daily smoothie. As the months have gone on, I said fuck it and now I drink one beer and one glass of wine a week (which is more alcohol than I've ever had on a regular basis) and usually have two double espressos a day. I even added homemade cinnamon vodka to my afternoon latte yesterday. The longer this stretches out, the less I seem to be able to live as though I were already pregnant, which might be lessening my fertility but ehhhhhhhhhhh

@Wishilivedinflorida Sorry, it sucks to wait and wait and wait and then wait some more. 

Stuck in a box! Sorry!  The bolded sounds SO GOOD. I would love the recipe if it isn't a secret family thing or something!  
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I did just about the same as @reneeannemm. I cut out all booze and caffeine months before I even started TTC. I added healthier fats like salmon, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and had red raspberry leaf tea everyday (even though I think it's disgusting). After my loss I pretty much said screw it. I did everything right and still suffered a loss. I was sick of giving up everything for the chance that I was pregnant. It seemed to make it even harder every month when af came and I still wasn't pregnant. Now I just do everything in moderation. I still have a coffee here and there and I drink a little bit when WTO. I even have a glass of wine now and then during the TWW. I still try to have health snacks ever day of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and I force down red raspberry leaf tea 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I eat a standard American diet minus fast food. We don't eat fast food. I'm not against it, I just think it is gross. 

So other than that, I drink soda, coffee, I don't buy organic or gluten free, we eat dairy, etc. 
  • Options
    Why red raspberry leaf tea? Do you drink it all cycle or only in one specific phase ( follicular vs luteal ) ? 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29- I've tried to stick to 1 cup of coffee per day but it's hard and there are definitely days when I have two. I've tried to reduce my drinking but right now we are heading out to some breweries. Lol I have thought about not drinking at all but I guess I don't know how much having a few beers today on cd8 would affect my fertility? Honestly feel kind of guilty like I'm not doing everything I can to get KU but this process is hard and I feel like you need breaks and things to look forward too.

And I'm sorry to see you here again - CD1 sucks!

• Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I drink mine for my painful, heavy periods. It's supposed to be a uterine tonic - helping you both thicken and then shed the lining more efficiently. I started taking it kind of by accident as it's in my prenatal. A year later I noticed my periods were progressively lighter and less painful and I started googling some of the ingredients in my vitamins - and there it was. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @reneeannemm my periods are painful and heavy too (sometimes they even make me sick) so, I will give that a try. I took  BCPs  while TTA and freakin  loved them because it gave me super light cramp - less periods. 

Edit spelling 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Mine are still painful, but it's less so and I will take what I can get! I took it during my miscarriage, too and I think it helped ensure I passed everything but who knows. It's no trouble for me to drink it daily I'm obsessed with drinking liquids anyway.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I'm not following a specific diet per se, but DH and I have generally have been eating healthier. We rarely eat at restaurants, and when we do we avoid chain places and go to mom-and-pop type places. We essentially avoid alcohol completely (I've had alcohol three times since TTC in October). When I cook at home we avoid processed foods. We've upped our fruit and veggie intake signicantly and cut down on carbs. I also am cutting down caffeine consumption significantly (it's been a crutch for me after my losses). That's about it. I'm not really interested in an intensive diet regimen unless a doctor urges me to do so. I still want to live a little. 

And yes, besides the BD, WTO is the worst. I want to pee on things that tell me if I'm pregnant or not!
  • Options
    Oh, for clarity our vegetarianism is not related to TTC or health, as I've been my entire adult life. I'm not into health trends or whatever is en vogue as life is much more complicated than that. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida yeah. I'm wondering if I should clean mine up a tad. Lots of southern
     comfort food in this house. 

But I don't want to do anything drastic. 
  • Options
    allysondunn2allysondunn2 member
    edited June 2016
    @cmmiller531 Keep testing and FX you get a solid smiley soon!
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Our downfall is Italian food...but the way I see it, it's more delicious when I make it at home and at least I know what ingredients are going into my body!
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I drink it for the same reasons as @reneeannemm. It's just an overall great drink/herb for your uterus. 

@reneeannemm I do blend it with other things but still don't really like it. During the summer months I've been brewing to strong and mixing it 1/1 with organic lemonade. I sometimes even add peach syrup. It makes it taste like Starbucks peach green tea lemonade. I make it with green tea during WTO to help with cm. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, DH and I made a weekend trip to Northern Maine and there is genuinely no cell service. It's stressful and wonderful all at the same time!

@iceandsnowflakes29 I follow a specific diet (starting June 1st) but it's to try to reset hormone levels and regulate ovulation. My "diet" is mainly stuff I was already doing with a few tweaks. No caffeine, alcohol, gluten or dairy, drastically cut back on sugar and use Arbonne supplements. I don't do caffeine anyway, I haven't drank consistently since Dec '14 and I cut out most dairy when my husband and I did paleo for 30 days in Jan of '13. So the real adjustments for me are gluten and sugar, I don't find gluten free to be bad at all, lots of gluten free foods now taste great and there's lots of options. Sugar is my weakness, I have such a sweet tooth but the more I read about how negatively it (& gluten) can impact not only your fertility but overall health the more I keep try to cut back and find healthier alternatives. 

Not sure if the diet is working just yet bc:
    On Friday (cd 20) I had my lowest temp (96.3), got a positive OPK, cervix was soft and then that night (10pm) I had a bunch of EWCM, the only time I've had it this cycle.
    BUT the next three days no CM and temps have been 96.3, 96.6 and 96.66. Prior to cd20 my average temps were 96.87 so I don't think I actually ovulated. I ran out of OPKs on Friday so I don't know what they would've been. 
    Thoughts???

They say it can take three months of change to make a difference so I guess I can't get frustrated yet. On the bright side making those changes has definitely helped me lose weight, feel less bloated and regain some of the libido that vanished after my MC. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe screen shot your chart for me . I'll do better looking at it. 
  • Options

Here it is @iceandsnowflakes29. I started doing my temps at different times whenever I first woke up instead of always at 5:45 bc sometimes I'd be tossing and turning for half an hour waiting for my temp alarm to go off and thought it might be messing with the accuracy. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe  it does look like a possible O. Sometimes it takes awhile for temps to rise after ovulation. It is called a "slow rise" Keep temping. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 first time TTC I reduced coffee and alcohol intake, only ate fresh foods, no soft cheeses, no fish besides low mercury ones (salmon for example) and over cooked all my red meat to avoid any bacteria. After the MC and talking to my doctor she said it was important to eat healthy while TTC but that even if you don't follow it religiously everything should still be fine. She said everything in moderation. Now that we are TTCAL I still have my one cup of coffee every morning (sometimes one more later in the day on weekends) I still have a glass of wine or beer a couple of times a week and I am not as afraid to get my steak medium rare. I am more concerned now about if my boot camp class will hinder my TTCAL since it is a pretty hardcore work out once a week. If I do get a BFP I plan on talking to my doctor before going to the class again just in case.

On CD11 here and hoping to O soon. I have DH on board to HIO every other day. I received my first package on Wondfo pregnancy tests on Saturday from Amazon! I ordered 50 because hey you never know how long it will take and figured if we got lucky then I can give them to a friend or something. Well I wasn't expecting 50 to look like that much! They came individually wrapped of course, but all in a big ziplock like package with flowers on it! DH was laughing soooo hard at the amount I ordered. He was like put these away now because if anyone sees them by accident they will be like woah she really wants to be KU! Haha at least we had a good laugh at it.

Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    "Slow rise" aka torture! Lol. thanks for educating me @iceandsnowflakes29. I'll keep temping but no more questions until after day 35 at least ;)
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Oh yes the slow rise pattern is torture all right
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    Here, this is an example @SoonToBeMommaHowe  This is an old chart of mine. I ovulated later in my cycle, had a slow rise, FF didn't even give me Crosshairs but, ovulation had to of happened because I got a bfp this cycle (it was a CP). Keep temping. Remember look at the whole chart, not individual temps.