TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    @rainbowturtles WAIT. PNV doesn't mean penis in vagina?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prenatal vitamin! @dubcompanion

In other news, the Period Migraine Fairy visited! Fantastic! Can't wait to get to the fun part of WTO...

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Soooooo ... I have a confession. I didn't know what HIO meant until like 2 days ago! I had to look it up too. I knew it had to do with sex, but I'm like, "Hitting It Off? Having It On?" :lol:
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I wish I could give you 2 loves for correcting me AND for the Liz Lemon reference. Sucks about the migraine though, ugh... Hopefully it's relatively low-grade so you can still function. I haven't had a majorly debilitating one in years, but I won't gloat too much because ya never know...

That really changes the context of things I've read in the past! So instead of reading, "I took a penis in the vagina this morning" and thinking they're just really open about things, they actually took a prenatal vitamin this morning! (Thank god I was too shy for the longest time to participate on the boards. I'd have been laughed off of TTGP and my former BMB!!)
  • Options
    Haha well I guess I barely know any acronyms bc PNV went over my head as well! 

@dubcompanion I appreciate your desire to use your expanding vocabulary :wink:

Thanks for educating me ladies! DH just pulled in maybe I'll ask him if he wants to HIO, bahaha
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @dubcompanion Thanks. Just took a nice nap. It never helps but keeps it from escalating. I'm functional. Reason #onemillion to get KU is my migraines go away while pregnant. It's amazing. Fx this is my month! 

Always happy to be the friendly acronym dictionary! 

Also, Liz Lemon is my spirit animal. 

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida Great spirit animal! I especially identify with LL when I'm hangry.

• Options
    I'm so jealous of all yall tempers. I'm afraid to even try because I know I'll fixate and get myself so BSC I won't know which stick to pee on and which one to kegel.
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 you and I will be really close. I think I o'ed yesterday. For real this time. 
  • Options
    Woohoo cycle twins @iceandsnowflakes29! Lets do this :)
  • Options
    @reneeannemm and others... OK, so I totally found this chart to be the most helpful in determining the "Is that sticky?  Or creamy?" debate.  
    https://pregnancytips.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/cervical-mucus-helps-in-trying-to-conceive.jpg
    I just linked to it, so if you don't want to see pictures of people's CM, you don't have to.  This is the picture from the TCOYF book.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Thanks for posting the link! :smile: That's more detailed than what I've seen before. I'm still reading through the TCOYF book, so I'm glad I'll likely have a copy on hand once I get to that chapter. 

@Spartanrd4 @iceandsnowflakes29 Woohoo! Get the BD on and HIO! :smiley:
  • Options
    omg you ladies are seriously cracking me up, I'm sad I missed all the HIO fun yesterday. I will say from my extensive temping experience, 1 month to be exact, temping makes me a total bsc loony toon. I contemplated not temping this month but who is kidding who here. If being addicted to my chart is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I think the problem for me is I do not get enough CM to really tell what kind it is. My cervix is anterior and I can't exactly find it most of the time. I can observe a shift, but it's the week of watery after ovulation that makes me and FF a little confused.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @dpjennifer @reneeannemm I haven't gotten EWCM since TTCAL, so I feel like it's become much less effective for me to rely on CM alone. I've been turning digital OPKs the months I've used them, and I definitely get O pain, so I'm positive I still ovulate. I also am still kinda watery during the FW, but to be completely honest, it's also easier to get in the mood around then! So who knows...

My cervix must be anterior as well; I do have a retroverted uterus but not sure if that determines the location of the cervix. At any rate, I have trouble finding it unless DH hits it during BD and I'm like whoa nellie. But that's about the only time it makes it presence known. 

I'm curious to see what my Wondfos will pick up. I put a reminder in my calendar on Saturday to make sure I start them CD 10! Is it weird to look forward to peeing on things? I'm going to say no. It's totes natural. :blush:
  • Options
    @dubcompanion, agreed! Totes natural! I started using OPKs yesterday on cd10 and based on my last two cycles (50 & 45) I think I'm jumping the gun here a little. But ah well at least the only people who truly know how psychotic I am are you guys :wink:
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Always happy to help a fellow Bumpie going BSC over OPKs, as I'm sure I'll need the same support in a week or so! :smiley: Are your cycles getting shorter?? Maybe starting CD 10 ain't a bad idea! (At the risk of sounding like an enabler, lol)
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 Do you start HIO as soon as you see high fertility on CBAD? This is my first month using them. I got no smiley face yesterday and this morning was flashing smiley face. It's CD 15 for me, and O around CD 21. I don't want to burn DH and I out on BD so would be ok to HIO EOD until solid smiley? Anyone else feel free to weigh in on this. I will take all the advice I can get  :)
  • Options
    @allysondunn2 When I've used advanced digital, we HIO every other day until solid smiley and then HIO 3 days in a row. (the 2 days it's solid smiley and 1 more for good measure). 

That being said, the last 2 cycles I've just had us BD the entire FW! :wink: DH did get tired out midweek, so I'll try to be conservative this cycle lol. But since I'm doing Wondfos for the time, I'm not really sure what BD pattern to take. Right now I'm thinking we just go at it at least EOD and every day if the mood suits us. I won't push it to do it daily, in other words. 
  • Options
    @allysondunn2 I also use the CBAD and have widely varying experiences. After my miscarriage I was getting about 7 days of "high" before a peak. It was getting ridiculous. Other months I've gone directly from low to peak. I tried to do EOD while I was seeing the high and then 3 days straight with a peak, but I was always anxious I would miss it with the "high" reading. 
  • Options
    @allysondunn2  I did not have good experiences with the CBAD but, I haven't used them in a few years so, maybe they're better now. (Let me know what you think because I think I need to switch OPKS)

I would start HIO every day starting CD 19. If you O on CD 21 I would do 19, 20 ×2 , 21, and 22.

Idk. 

I have had the best success BEFORE ovulation. I think when I conceived in January we didn't even have sex on O day. 

How many high days does it give? 
  • Options
    @BornReady This is why I'm switching to Wondfos. I didn't quite trust CBAD because I also would go from low to peak, or take 5-6 days before getting peak, etc. And even once I've hit peak, that's still a large range - 48 hours, for an egg that's in its prime for only several hours and is only around for, at best, about a day. 
  • Options
    Well before you follow my advice, how many cycles post loss are you? This is my first cycle off BCPs since burning the bench and I ovulated CD 13 instead of CD 22 like I did in January. 

I would have as much sex as your DH can stand here in a day or two. Maybe start on 18 in case it's early? 
  • Options
    I've used CBADs and they've always worked for me.  I usually get lows, then about 2 days of high, followed by a day of peak (which is good for 2 days).  And I'm really kicking myself for not using them this cycle, since my temps have been ridiculously off.

So, for CM, I have a TMI question.  The first cycle I started temping was the cycle I got PG and I'd never really paid attention to CM before my MC.  I've started to try to add it as an additional lookout, in addition to the temps.  For those of you that say you get no or very little EWCM, was this always the case for you?  Or have you seemed to 'dry up' since the MC?  I never had a problem with all of that pre-MC and now some months I know I'm close to O and I feel like I'm digging for gold just to find CM.  I'm wondering if it's from my body changing from the experience, or what?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dubcompanion you know it's FW if you find me at the sex shop
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I feel like my CM has lessened, as I haven't seen EWCM since before the loss. I also used to get more CM during my TWW and that's also decreased. I don't have a problem being ready to BD though, if you catch my drift, so I wouldn't say I'm drier in that aspect. But you may be onto something with subtle body changes following the pregnancy and subsequent loss. I'd never been pregnant before, so these changes could have still occurred after a H&H pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 You know it's FW when I'm acting like a teenager around my H. He's such a fuddy-dud. "We can't do that there!!!" Yes, we can, sir. We'll just be discreet.  B)
  • Options
    I'm honestly glad I've started temping. My past two cycles I've had EWCM on CD10 & CD11 but I didn't O until CD16 (May) and CD18 (June), according to temps.
  • Options
    Re cervical mucus 

Are you ladies just checking your underwear and toilet paper? 

Try checking close to the cervix after a bowel movement and drink LOTS of water. 
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Thanks for the tips! 
    I don't really know where my cervix is... :grimace: I also don't know where the g-spot is but that's an entirely different issue. Probably even a different board. 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion gspot  is lower down than you would think. It is best found when you are aroused, it is slightly bumpy compared to the rest of the vagina. You know you've hit it when you get an urge to pee ;)

Cervix is way up high and feels like the head of a penis when you're not in FW. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Aww, thanks for the uh, map routes! :smile: Hmm, is the cervix lower when it is FW? Pretty sure DH hits it when we're frequently HIO during that time and it results in some cramping. (Which I then mistaken for, or is compounded by, O pains.) I dare say that FW can be just as crampy for me as the week of AF, thanks to all the internal activity.
  • Options
    Well. It's higher up than the gspot. When you're not in FW it's low, hard, and closed (and easier to find). If it high soft and open then it is FW. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I asked Siri where the cervix was, and her answer was, "I didn't find any matching places." :expressionless:
  • Options
    @dubcompanion That sounds resonable! We both got a little tired last FW lol

@BornReady I'm nervous about missing the best days too.

@iceandsnowflakes29 I used CBD OPKs last cycle (and got KU). I would have re-purchased those, but they were out and I didn't feel like making another stop. I had a early MC June 1st bleeding stopped 4 days later and we got the all clear from my OB to start trying. So this is my first cycle post lost. I know things may be a little off this cycle. Umm if my mom saw anything remotely related to my sex life I would be mortified! :o

@dpjennifer I'm anxious to see how many high days I get. Hopefully it won't be an outrageous number,
  • Options
    @dpjennifer My CM is the same as before. No ewcm the cycle we conceived or any of the ones after but for some reason I had it CD 8 this cycle (I O'd CD 12) followed by watery.

@iceandsnowflakes29 I definitely know where my gspot is, but CM, for the most part, eludes me. I drink an unbelievable amount of water and check several times a day internally thinking one day it'll make more sense, but here we are ten months later.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!