TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    Welcome to WTO, @paigeamcnulty:smiley: Ugh, that sucks you hadn't been ovulating since your loss, but good for you to get things checked out so you could get started on Clomid. I'm excited to see how this cycle works out for you! 
  • Options
    Welcome @paigeamcnulty! I actually had the same thing...miscarried last May and confirmed in December that I hadn't been ovulating! Sucks! To get all hopeful every month, then super disappointed and then to find out you actually had no chance bc your body wasn't even doing what it was supposed to. 

Hoping Clomid is the answer for you!!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Were you using OPKs prior to December to see if you were ovulating? Just curious. I've hit peak O on CBADs since my loss but now am getting slightly paranoid that it could mean nothing. 
  • Options
    I used OPKs August-November and would typically turn a couple to the point where you have to squint to be like are those the same color or is the test line a little lighter? never glaring positives. But my cycles kept getting progressively longer until I had a 40 cycle in Nov, my longest ever at the time, so my OB wanted me to have bloodwork in Dec. that's when my progesterone came back <0.2 and she speculated that I hadn't been Oing the whole time.
    Then last month I got a false surge on an OPK which was confirmed by a cd25 progesterone draw that came back at 0.51. Now i don't really trust OPKs but figure it may be helpful to do them along with temping to see if I am Oing late in my cycle and the blood draws are just missing it. 

@dubcompanion have you ever had a progesterone draw?
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Nope, I've never had a progesterone draw... My cycles regulated immediately following the D&C. It hasn't occurred to me to ask for one. I'd just assumed CBAD wouldn't lie to me or detect false surges.  :# Hopefully temping in conjunction with OPKs helps you find a clear O sign!
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Uh-oh, I've met my match!! :lol:

ETA: And here I was thinking I was in the clear, because @iceandsnowflakes29 moved over to TWW...
    I'm still lurking here! 
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Nope, I've never had a progesterone draw... My cycles regulated immediately following the D&C. It hasn't occurred to me to ask for one. I'd just assumed CBAD wouldn't lie to me or detect false surges.  :# Hopefully temping in conjunction with OPKs helps you find a clear O sign!
    The recommended time to do it is 7dpo and levels should be above 5 unmedicated and above 10 medicated. I've had one done 4 of the last 5 cycles, I just liked knowing one way or the other. But I'm hoping temping will help me avoid feeling the need to get one this month.

i didn't think OPKs would lie either (my OB never mentioned that possibility) until it happened to me and then I went into complete meltdown mode. It was not pretty! 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe is it something your OB can do? Or only a RE? 
  • Options
    paigeamcnultypaigeamcnulty member
    edited June 2016
    It's just frustrating to know that we've lost a few months in TTC when if I'd known sooner that I wasn't OVing...oh well!  Timing is everything, right?  Good luck to you ladies as well! @SoonToBeMammaHowe and @dubcompanion

Me: 27  DH: 28
    Married since 2011
    DS#1: 10/10/2013
    TTC #2: since March 2015
    BFP#1: 11/12/15
    MC: 11/20/15 
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Thank you so much for the information. My cycles are freakishly regular... hopefully they wouldn't mind if I requested a draw if we don't get KU by December. By then it'll have been almost a year... I really hope it doesn't take that long. :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone... why do these two weeks seem so long? And the two weeks after even longer? How do you pass the time!?!?!
    @dubcompanion next year it will be a year since ttc and two losses. I never thought I would be in this place.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I do it at my OBs office. Surprisingly it's been almost three years for us and I haven't been to an RE yet. IVF scares the crap out of me (and my bank account)

@paigeamcnulty I definitely agree that the best word to describe it is frustrating. I'm not sure why but I feel so confident that changing my diet and starting to exercise again is gonna get me back on track. I'm sure if I'm still in the same position come fall I probably won't feel that way however. 

@dubcompanion how regular is regular? Like exact same O day and cycle length every cycle? I was far from that even preMC. I would be in the ball park but never the same amount of days and every 4-6 months id have an outlier cycle, way short or way long. But when it comes to a progesterone check I just call and talk to the nurses they put an order in with the lab, I show up, go straight to the lab, get blood drawn and leave. Takes five minutes. We're gonna get this by December! 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Pretty regular being consistently between 28-30 days. I didn't chart last cycle and knew when AF was arriving. I do spot for a couple days before starting, although I didn't the past cycle. 2 cycles before getting KU, I had an extremely short cycle of 19 days! Yikes. The longest cycle I've had (also prior to KU) was 36 days. So I have had outliers in the past. I haven't had an outlier yet post loss. 

I think I might ask for a progesterone draw in the fall rather than wait for the anniversary of our loss... I'll be due for a physical around then anyway and will just go to my OB. It took us 7 months the first time to get KU so I'm still trying to not get too concerned yet. Blargh..
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I think that sounds like a good plan. I'm trying to take the same mentality..it took us 15 months the first time around so I keep telling myself we still have 4 more months before I need to get too worried. But 4 months when you've ready been trying 11 doesn't sound like much :neutral:
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Do you thin it's common to stop O'ing after a loss or d&e? My cycles are longer now and not regular like I was before. Also on my wondfo cheapies, I never got a really dark line this time, but it was just our first month ttc after loss. Wondering if O has changed or maybe if I didn't at all. I am not temping though. It took 5 months for us the first time. The first 3 I didn't use any charting, so I'm sure I was off.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I think what stinks about all of this is that everyone's bodies recover differently and there's no tried and true answer to good questions like @KarenBeth714 's . I also feel like the situation is more dire than other circumstances, such as regular TTC and TTC for a subsequent pregnancy with no prior loss - because while there can still be longing and heartache associated with those two, we have grief to contend with as well. That's why when we find out we have not been O'ing or our bodies are not otherwise cooperating, it just seems like that much of a bigger slap in the face. It's not enough we're not getting pregnant: the body's not even trying, ugh!

I'm back to POAS today. :smile: Just Wondfos, although it was my first one ever and there is a novelty in just having something to watch dry for 5 minutes! Predictably, I do not have an LH surge but I'm testing pretty darn early. I mainly just want to get into the habit, similarly to how I've been for temping. Still going strong - despite my tendency to toss and turn and the other night when DH woke me up for some 4AM BD. But heck, I'm not going to turn that down! :wink: I've yet to see a noticeable rise anyway, so I doubt the disruption in sleep is affecting the data... 
  • Options
    Question to Wondo users: Now that I've gotten a positive for O, should I continue testing or just stop? I hesitate to continue, in case I get a negative next and obsess over why. I only had to test for 3 days before getting a +... I'm kind of in disbelief that I already might be done with that step.
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I am fairly certain you are supposed to stop testing once you get a true positive, but am so glad for others to chime in.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion Its possible to get multiple LH surges before you O. Are you temping? I'd recommend using Wondfos until you confirm O by BBT. After charting a few months, I realized I have a pretty consistent pattern of CM and OPKs before O, so while I'm benched I'm just doing that and I stop OPKs once they go back to negative. You can stop now if you think you have a consistent cycle/pattern, but just know that if you stop OPKs and then go 16 DPO without a period or a positive test, you likely had multiple surges and O'd late. 

ETA: it all depends how obsessive you are about peeing on things and how much uncertainty you like to have in the TWW. If you stop OPKs and then get more fertile CM, I'd start them again.
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I test until my chart confirms O with crosshairs and because I get false surges. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm @RiverSong15 @iceandsnowflakes29 Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I am temping although I'm new to it. I think I will test again tomorrow morning, but be prepared for potential frantic posts. :smile: The + does align with the length of my cycle, if it indeed signifies O in 24-48 hours. It would fall around CD 13-14, and I typically have 28-30 day cycles. So even if it's a false surge, the real one *shouldn't* be far behind...

But as the saying goes, you're regular until you're not! 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion  just keep temping. The sustained thermal shift is really unmistakable even if you don't get crosshairs (for me at least). 

Frantic posts don't phase me. I spent all of WTO freaking frantic. 
  • Options
    Ugh...rough WTO this cycle. DH had to go on a work trip but we managed some good early FW BDing. But of course it looks like I either O'd early this morning or I will sometime today. We tried to BD last night but just couldn't complete the job (DH was super tired from his work trip) so we tried again this morning before I had to go to work and it was still a no go. It's so frustrating to think that I probably have a good egg there that is going to die and that I'm wasting another cycle. I'm feeling the pressure even more now after my birthday last week. I'm not getting any younger here and it makes me sad and gives me anxiety to think we are wasting another cycle. Grrrr...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, both yesterday morning and yesterday night I got a + on Wondfo (12 hours between testing). I hadn't tested since Sunday morning, so I don't know if I'd have detected a + Sunday night. This morning, I tested negative. 

How long does a genuine LH surge typically last on Wondfos? FWIW, I've been exhibiting my typical O pains and have had watery CM. This morning, I also had a temp rise. (But I know that doesn't mean anything until it's risen for a few consecutive days.) 
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 So sorry about the incomplete BD. We've had that happen before on my O day, and when it's failed to impregnate me, I go over and over in my head when we should have not BD'd, so that he hadn't been so tuckered out then. It's like a  game of Russian Roulette, except we WANT them to shoot!

This afternoon would work. You're still in the running. :smile: 
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    oh @MooFish2364, I've SO been there with the incomplete BDing.  It can be so frustrating.  Like @dubcompanion said, you still have this afternoon/evening!
  • Options
    @dubcompanion & @Aera11 thanks for your insight. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I am working from home so hopefully when DH gets home this afternoon he will be good to go. 

Also @dubcompanion I usually test twice a day when I know I'm a few days away from ovulation and usually get two positives. I think it lasts about 12-24 hours but that's just my experience. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hi guys i'm here, just taking a little breather from the boards the past few days. i'm CD 9 and fighting the good fight to remain calm before starting opks and going off the deep end during tww. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Hi guys, just joining to the WTO board after being on the TWW board. CD5 here and feeling pretty ok with that!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion I actually used to get positive OPKs two days in a row every cycle before my MC. Now I just get one day (if my lucky enough to even catch it). When I met with my gyno he said I should still be getting 2. I feel like the medical opinions vary widely on this. 
    I've always tested until they were clearly negative again after positive. Not stark white, but until my lines are no longer identical.

Edit to add: This is with Wondfo's ^
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Don't blame ya on taking a respite. I'll join you in the deep end once we get there. :wink:

@lilylover27 Welcome back. Glad to see you get a fresh start and FX this is your month!

@roper2617 @MooFish2364 Thanks for the Wondfo guidance. I just went to throw away this morning's test - and while it's way past the 5 minute-limit so I shouldn't take the results seriously - I noticed that the lines have dried to two equally dark shades. I might test one more time tonight, but both of you have still assuaged my concern. If I was able to get 2 very dark lines twice in one day, I think that holds up. And again, my O symptoms don't lie. Gonna pounce my DH again tonight. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    CD 3 here - just trying to feel super positive about  this cycle. Focusing on eating healthy, cutting down on caffeine, possibly trying to cut out alcohol completely.  I feel like im putting a lot of pressure on this cycle because if it happens this cycle I will be due in March. I had the mmc last March and my birthday is in March so it just feels like maybe its meant to be. Im afraid if it doesn't happen I am going to take it even harder this cycle. We just planned a trip to Nashville in mid July and the end of the trip would be when I am getting AF I don't know if being away would distract me/ soften the blow when/if it comes or if it would devastate me more coming home from vacation and having to deal with it. Hate to cancel the trip and plan my life around my cycle lol. If anyone has any tips for taking the pressure off each cycle I am all ears!

@MooFish2364 - I totally get the incomplete BD and just feeling every month that you are getting older.
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @TScalei Wish I could give some good tips on dealing with the pressure. This Thursday was my original EDD. I'd wanted to get KU last cycle, so that this week would be easier to handle. Lately I've just been numb. Interestingly, I've not been as depressed as I felt I'd be; I think being in my FW helps. 

I've noticed that during the TWW and AF are when I plan vacations/trips. This upcoming August and September we are attending three different concerts in three different states. They give me something to look forward to, and if I'm KU by then, awesome! (Pregnancy does not impede those events.) For all we know, I'll be attending 5 concerts come fall. :smirk:

Anyway, that's just how I've been dealing. When I feel a lot of pressure, I give myself something in the future to focus on and plan, something that's low-key but fun and would be able to do regardless of where I'm at in my TCC journey.

Edited to make sense
  • Options
    Thank you @dubcompanion that is really good advice! I think planning fun activities (that you could do pregnant) would really help me.
  • Options
    @reneeannemm working your brain to death is a wonderful idea! I've probably had it all wrong with trying to watch and do mindless stuff (like Dance Moms ) lol.  

@dubcompanion HUMP IT OUT!!!!! 
  • Options
    @reneeanemm - I love the muscle analogy and the idea of learning new things!
  • Options
    @rainbowturtles I will definitely do that next time! Instead I just sit here like hmmm what can that mean?!? Have to say I like that one though!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker