TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    @rainbowturtles The day I found out I wasn't the only one thinking HIO didn't, in fact, mean "Hit It Up" (which made ZERO sense with acronym rules but multiple ladies had thought the same thing) was the day I knew that the TTCAL board was the one.  <3

Also, I will never forget bag temping. That was another moment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 Yay for HIO and for getting your hair did!! Glad this turned into a good day for you. :smile:
  • Options
    LMAO at the bag temping discussion. classic. I think that whole discussion was in TWW a few weeks back.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    woo hoo, ovulation time is right around the corner for me, and perfect timing. DH gets home tonight. Having EWCM and OPKs are getting pretty close to positive...it's almost go time! I think this is our last chance to conceive naturally (ie without medication), so no pressure! 
    I was so busy at work yesterday I didn't get a chance to call and find out my blood work results, and apparently the office is closed today, so tomorrow I'll know for sure if we've ruled out diabetes and issues with prolactin levels. I'm assuming they would've called by now if I tested positive for diabetes, I did my test on Friday. And I've also had three serum tests for diabetes in the last 12 months that have all come back negative, so I'd be shocked if I did test positive this time. Wow that was a ramble. 

I also noticied something thing very interesting about this currency cycle. AF was 2 days late, if she was on time DH and I would maybe be able to catch O by the skin of our teeth with his work schedule (he works out of town). But, because AF was late, I'm Oing later than anticipated and DH will be able to be home with decent timing. Fluke? Or possible I somehow have crazy mind control and changed my cycles to suit me better? I'm going with fluke, but it's a good one nonetheless. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    Do you thin it's common to stop O'ing after a loss or d&e? My cycles are longer now and not regular like I was before. Also on my wondfo cheapies, I never got a really dark line this time, but it was just our first month ttc after loss. Wondering if O has changed or maybe if I didn't at all. I am not temping though. It took 5 months for us the first time. The first 3 I didn't use any charting, so I'm sure I was off.
    The exact same thing happened to me after my loss last Nov...it was super frustrating!  I had super long cycles, and also used the wondfo test strips where I never got the "true" positive.  Went in to the OB and found out I wasn't ovulating, so I was put on clomid, and now I'm in the WTO stage.  Might not be a bad idea to pay a visit to your OB to see if they can shed some light on what's going on.  Good luck, it's a rough phase to be in for sure!!
    Me: 27  DH: 28
    Married since 2011
    DS#1: 10/10/2013
    TTC #2: since March 2015
    BFP#1: 11/12/15
    MC: 11/20/15 
  • Options
    Is it OK if I jump in here now? My luteal phase is sixteen freaking days, but I know for sure it's over by 12/13DPO. I just want to move on to the next cycle. Had a major TTC sob and breakdown with DH last night; the first really, truly bad one since our loss and I'd like to close the chapter of cycle four now, please.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    i'm sorry @reneeannemm hugs
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Im sorry @reneeannemm - I did that after this cycle too.
  • Options
    @reneeannemm so sorry, this is all so hard.
  • Options
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    @reneeannemm So sorry. This process is so hard. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now!
    Ok this question makes me feel kind of silly that I can't figure this out myself. I am using CBAD OPKs and will be using my last test strip tomorrow. Can I buy a new kit and use the strips with my original holder?
  • Options
    @allysondunn2 Yep, you can use the new strips with your original holder!
  • Options
    Sorry @reneeannemm. That really sucks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone!

Feel OK and ready to try, try, try again. I've decided to only temp to confirm O, so it feels great not thinking about TTC first thing when I'm just sitting and waiting for my period. Got up at 5:30 am, unfortunately and was grumbling a bit and then a gorgeous, ruby red Northern Cardinal landed on the edge of the deck and sang for me and Schroeder. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    Sorry to see you back over here with me @reneeannemm.

CD2 here because I assume that yesterday counted as 1 since I was more than spotting by bedtime. I am getting ready to place an order for some Wondfos to help out this cycle. Ever since my loss my ovulation is not consistent like it used to be and LP was only 12 days last month  :/
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @taggarab - My ovulation was off last cycle as well. I was all set our first cycle ttc after mmc and then I oed 4 days early and we were only able to BD the day I Oed - its very frustrating!

@reneeannem - Im glad your outlook is better today! Sometimes the difference between CD1 and CD2 is amazing...lol
  • Options
    CD 11 and boreddddd. I started opk last night but I think it's too early, I usually O more towards CD 18/19 and the earlier I start opk the longer my crazy will fester so I think I'm going to hold off on testing a few more days. Thankfully we have a busy weekend so I'll be distracted and DH graduates next Friday so there's a lot happening aside from ttc this month.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Congrats to your husband! Are you doing something special for it?

As for me! CD 1!! Which is a very painful day, but this means my luteal phase was only 14 days this time - and that cut down on my spotting beforehand to just 2 days instead of 4. I think maybe my body is regulating to what it was beforehand? Which was ovulate CD 15, 13 day luteal phase. I am ecstatic to be doubled over in pain and gobbling ibuprofen. 

I know excessive spotting means something isn't firing right in the hormone chain, so I think it's possible my body wasn't really ready for pregnancy yet and hopefully it is now. Anyone have any wisdom related to such?
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @reneeannemm thanks! he is graduating the NYPD academy so this is huge for our family. we are having a family lunch afterwards at a restaurant near our house. 

I'm sorry about CD1 but am glad to hear you think your body is finally all healed. I really hope so. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Ok question, how long into the TTC or TTCAL did you all start using OPKs? I am currently just temping to spot O but I am not sure if FF is giving accurate O dates. DH wants to kind of take a laid back approach to TTC this summer before I go all crazy trying to find anything to help with TTC. I think if I brought in OPKs right now he would think it is too much but just curious what you all think!

At least my Wondfos are coming in tomorrow so this way I can go POAS crazy during the next TWW! But since I am only on CD8 I still have a long way to go.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lurking from TWW :smiley:

@lilylover27 I started at CD 10, even though I have a 30-day cycle, meaning I didn't need to start OPKs until CD 12 (according to the Wondfo directions). BUT! I tested positive on CD 12 and 13, so I'm glad I started a couple days early. My temps also lined up with the positives (starting to increase on CD 13). So I am glad I started both temping and Wondfos at the same time. :smile:

Yay for you getting started on Wondfos! My DH is aware I'm doing all this, but I don't tell him details except for:
    "It's positive! Lets HIO!!!"
    "Huh?"
    "Let's do same naughty in bed."
    "Oh, alrighty."

Gotta speak his language. :wink:
  • Options
    @lilylover27 I started on them after the loss because I'd heard everything can go wacky afterwards. I would have totally missed O my first two cycles - one was late at CD 18 and the next was way early at CD 10. The next two have both been ~CD 14. I will probably stop using OPKs and go back to just temping when I feel more confident my cycle is back to being (generally) predictable. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @lilylover27 i started opk last month (my first month ttcal) for a few reasons. 1) i wanted to know if FF was correct with my O date and 2) my husband works 4-12 so we need to plan ttc rather than go with the flow since I'm usually asleep by the time we gets home and 3) i wanted to know what my cycle was doing post loss. that being said, I never turned a positive last month. i missed 2 days testing but tested on the days FF said i ovulated so i really dont know if I have a low surge or FF had my O date wrong. I changed to wondfo's this month (last month i accidentally bought imposters) and started at CD 10, super early but what the hell. hopefully I'll have better luck this month.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @reneeannemm sorry for CD1 but I'm glad that you are feeling optimistic about it.

@brooklyngirl18 congrats to you and your hubby!

@lilylover27 I started using OPKs right away. I am a super planner and once I get excited about something I go at it 100%. Which is probably not always good because I put a lot of pressure and stress on myself. 

I thought that I was moving over to the TWW but now I'm not so sure. So yesterday I posted my temping issue (that it didn't rise after suspected O), and since I have had a slow-rise pattern I didn't think much of it- totally expecting it to rise this morning. Well I'm back below CL (yesterday I was just at CL). My body has all of the signs of ovulating (creamy cm, sore breasts, etc.) but now I'm concerned because of my temps. I was also using OPKs but I never get a link darker than the control, not even when I had my BFP. Anyone have any ideas? Is this looking like an annovulatory cycle? I've never had one before (that I know of).

Anyone else get OPKs near the control but not ever darker?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 Might also be a fallback rise pattern! I had one two cycles ago. Wait and see how tomorrow goes. I know, I know - more waiting and seeing.

Regarding OPKs, last cycle I did not get a true positive but had a very clear temp shift and definitely ovulated. I find them very frustrating to use and interpret. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    The Wondo directions state it's a positive "if the test band is equal to or darker than the control band." So I'd say you're okay, @MooFish2364

FWIW, my lines got as dark as the control line but I wouldn't say darker. Then they promptly became clear negatives again after 48 hours. I'm counting those two days as positives. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm I have been temping for almost a year and didn't know that existed! Thanks. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I'm clearly not good at all of this waiting!  I think they are hard to read and frustrating too! :#

@dubcompanion Thanks. I had two tests that were the same color then faded to almost nothing. It just seems like I always hear people say that it needs to be darker than the control line...I should have looked at my Wondfo instructions. 

I'm still thinking that I O'd on Wednesday so I'm interested to see what my temps do tomorrow. I'm kinda sick of feeling like a science experiment, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    **warning TMI question**

does anyone else have a hard time figuring out CM vs BD uh, fluid? I'm not sure what is happening today...feeling pretty stupid.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Yes! Arousal fluid vs seminal fluid vs cervical fluid! It's all a soupy mystery to me. I do know that you're supposed to be able to differentiate arousal vs cervical by dipping your fingers in a glass of water. Cervical fluid will stay on your fingers.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    @reneeannemm thanks, good to know i'm not the only one! i usually have ewcm for 3 days so i guess time will tell. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Guys I am so excited I finally got a peak on CBAD this morning after 9 freaking days of high readings! I was so frustrated and was thinking that I wasn't going to ovulate. EWCM showed up yesterday so it looks like things are heading in the right direction. It's CD 24 for me and I'm beyond ready to be done WTO.
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 I have the same problem  :/
  • Options
    @dubcompanion omg i just actually laughed out loud 'guess i'll be adding a cup of water on the bathroom counter to my dh's mental list of weird shit my wife does to make a baby' oh so true. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Ugh I woke up on the couch today and didn't have my thermometer, but I did get a positive OPK! I don't have any usual O pains, so it'll be interesting to see when I actually ovulate in regards to this positive. TMI: I had so much watery CM the other day I thought it was going to soak through my pants at work. Has that ever happened to anyone? (And definitely not leftovers from DH)

@reneeannemm I'm sorry to see you over here but glad your cycles seem to be regulating for you. That's always such a good feeling. 

@allysondunn2 That is a long WTO! I'm glad you're almost done!!
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida Yep, I've had the copious amounts of watery CM business! I've also had the leftovers from DH and thought "I've picked a bad morning for 6 AM BD." ::goes about the day trying to not look like I'm swimming::

::swims back to TWW::