TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

15678911»

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    @Taggarab sorry your cycles are all over the place. I've struggled with ovulation and progesterone since my loss in May '15. My OBs solution is just to stick me on letrozole or Clomid but I really want my body to figure out how to do something that I know it used to do before.

Thag being said, I think I have to head back to benched for this cycle. On cd26, guessing im
    not producing enough progesterone to get a temp rise/sustain a pregnancy. I had all the signs of O; EWCM, +OPK, etc but 5 days later no temp shift. So now just crossing my fingers for a cycle shorter than 45 days in order to get reassurance that things are headed in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone as you transition over to TWW!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Ugh...I'm sorry @SoonToBeMommaHowe. I hope that you don't stay in a seemingly never ending cycle.

Sometimes I think we all want to yell "Get it together," at our bodies. As you said, I used to have textbook normal cycles before my first pregnancy so I know my body can do it and I'm only 31 so not up there in age either. It's amazing how easy it is for everything to get so out of whack. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @Taggarab. I'm giving my body til September (3 cycles of diet and exercise changes) to figure it out before I concede and go back to meds.
    Your outlook on being "only 31" was a little pick me up for me this morning. I turn 32 next week and I was starting to fall into panic mode. Your statement was a little reminder that I still have plenty of time.
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @taggarab I like the way you think about age! I sometimes panic that I am an old lady, when logically I know this isn't true. I'm just so often surrounded by VERY young parents in my work that it gives me a distorted view.
  • Options
    Happy early birthday @soontobemommahowe! Im 32 too and this coming up cycle is my last chance to have a baby at 32. My bday is 3/31. Kind of stupid to be fixated on it I know and that's a good reminder that I still have plenty of time.

Feeling frustrated today - having problems with the clearblue OPKS. Used it yesterday got error message. Used it this morning got another error message. Read through all the instructions making sure to follow it to the t - got another error message. Has anyone had problems with these before? I really just want to confirm O this cycle. I know Im in my FW (im on CD12 usually O around CD 16ish) and we have been BDing I just want to see that smiley face that says Im Oing. Think I am going to bite the bullet and buy another pack of clearblue OPKs maybe a new testing stick will help. I would order wondfos but I am afraid they wouldn't get here in time. I kind of feel like I am throwing money down the drain with all this stuff but I feel like it might be worth it for my peace of mind.
  • Options
    Thank you @TScalei :smile:

I've gotten an error on a CB OPK but it was because I didn't have the stick pushed in all the way. Other than that I've always had good luck with them. Maybe just a bad batch for you, booo
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @TScalei Oh man, I just realized I will no longer have a baby before the age of 31. :flushed: I'm not really upset about it, (there's nothing I can do about it so, moo) but it's weird to think about.
  • Options
    @TScalei I've only got an error message on those a few times and what happened was I was taking the purple cap off after I had already put the test stick into the reader device. Does that make sense? I think I was pulling it out too far or something and it messed it up. Have you called their helpline? That is BS that something that expensive isn't even working, they should mail you some replacements as an apology.
  • Options
    I wanted to be pg by age 30. Now I'm 34 and want to at least be KU before I turn 35 but that's in 8 months so might be high hopes seeing as we're not really starting TTC til September. But this will also be my first time getting to TTC (my previous two losses were "oopsies"...very welcome oopsies by me, but oopsies, no less, and hope that's not offensive) and I feel like even just trying will make me feel a LITTLE better (I say that now lol).
    In summary, I relate to everyone on the feeling of losing/running out of time :(
  • Options
    @rainbowturtles- its funny how the timelines for our life never seem to work out as planned.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone about our own personal timelines. I think so often when I get upset about failed cycles it's has more to do about how old I'll be when...

• Options
    I kinda hope that my urgency to get KU is as silly as my urgency to make it to appointments on time. Usually, I'm shoving DH (lovingly shoving - love shoving?) out the door an hour before the appt, anxious that we'll be late. Thirty minutes later, we're in the waiting room, with my DH groaning (lovingly groaning? love groaning?) that we got there too damn early.

But you need to realize - the day we leave exactly on time is the day there's a massive car pile up/train to wait for/Armageddon! So to relate this to TTC, I often feel like if I don't get moving on my 2-3 kids goal, then it'll be too late down the road. Whereas if I get hustlin' now, then we'll get done in time. Because each BFN and AF is part of the car pile up I'm worried about.

Hope this makes sense. I just finished doing homework for 3 hours straight and I wasted all of my sense-having abilities on that ish.
  • Options
    Totally makes sense @dubcompanion. I feel like all the unknowns play into my fears of waiting, too. How long will it take to get KU? Will I have more losses? We'd be absolutely thrilled with just one beautiful healthy baby but sometimes I think I'd like two and DH mentioned two the other day also, which puts even more of a time crunch. And I can relate to the appointment analogy because ya, if everything goes perfectly as planned then sure there's not a huge rush but there's no guarantee that will happen and unfortunately history does not give me confidence in all going perfectly as planned :(
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2016
    @rainbowturtles Yeah, there's that saying that goes something like "Want to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans." It makes me chortle and sad all at once...
  • Options
    i totally relate to the 'age game'. it seems we all set up this plan in our head, marriage by x age, kid #1 by x age, kid #2 by x age, etc and when one thing falls out of whack, it snowballs and feels like the sky is falling. ugh why do we do this to ourselves??? 

i finally got a positive opk tonight, CD18! woohoo
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017