TTC After a Loss

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• @rainbowturtles I used to have a temp spike right after o but lately I've had a slow rise pattern. So I will o but my temps might not get above CL for 2-4 days. I know I'm still ovulating because I had a slow rise the month I got KU. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2016
    @rainbowturtles I hope you see a temp spoke soon! Keep HIO! 
    That's why I imagine you all think I'm nuts, because I'm still benched until September and just trying to figure out my cycles. But last month DH didn't PO once so now I keep hoping he will again and keep getting disappointed :D I even had a dream we went to NTNP last night and I came to tell you all :disappointed: I just want these next three cycles to go by quickly and smoothly!
  • Loading the player...
  • @rainbowturtles sometimes I have a fallback rise pattern. Where my temp dips for O then rises a bit, then dips again around 2 or 3 dpo and then finally rises. Google "fallback rise pattern charts". 

I can also have a slow rise. 

My January cycle I only temped a few days pre O and a few days after. (I don't recommend that unless you have some charting experience under your belt). 
  • And plus also, @rainbowturtles, don't get me wrong but, sometimes FF is dumb. One of my BFP charts it didn't even give me CHsfor. None. Not even dotted CHs. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida - girl, you are riding my wavelength. I hate that I know so much about early pregnancy with nothing to show for it. I've joked in the past that if I added all of my pregnancies together, I'd almost have a full nine months. The Wondfo combo pack is great, and they really do work as well or better than the expensive ones. Speaking of expensive, I don't know if any of you have a FSA (health savings account), but I just found out that ovulation & pregnancy tests are reimbursable expenses, even if you buy them online. I usually order mine on Amazon, which made it super easy to track down the receipts and get back the $100+ I've spent so far this year :-)
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • hi ladies, joining you back here at CD 1, 3rd cycle lost poss, 2nd cycle ttcal. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • shae86shae86 member
    Joining as well. CD 4. 3rd cycle post loss, first attempt to conceive again. 

@citygirl17 I'm in a similar boat. I got KU first try in December, and only referred to the app I use to track my period to estimate when my FW was. It was very casual. Now it's a different story. The MC was enough of a mindf*ck, so I just don't have it in me to play a guessing game. I started temping 2 weeks ago and just bought OPKs. It all feels very odd, but what isn't at this point? 
    About me *TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 34
    TTC 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/05/16, MMC 2/17/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #2: 7/13/16, EDD 3/21/16
  • CD 5 for me today. My BBT thermometer and Wondfos are arriving from Amazon today! Is it too late to start temping this cycle? I figure I'll just start on it anyway... better late than never, right?...

@Wishilivedinflorida, when I used advanced digital OPKs, the pack said to start on CD 13 for my average cycle length (30). However, I'm going to start testing at CD 10 with Wondfos, so that I might get a head start on detecting an LH pattern.
  • No its not too late! @dubcompanion
  • Here's this month's half assed  chart. 
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 Your half-assed chart made me laugh! (Your description of it, not the actual data!) Thanks for the helpful example :smiley:
  • @dubcompanion I recommend vaginal temping.  With that said, Don't make the mistake of falling back asleep with the thermometer still in your vagina.  :D:o
  • @dubcompanion never too late! 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @iceandsnowflakes29  I didn't even know vaginal temping was a thing!! And now that I know it is, I know it'll NOT be my thing. :D  No one, regardless of helpful everyone is, wants a future post from me saying, "What should I do if the thermometer gets stuck???" 

ETA - I'm a very heavy sleeper. I just know I will be *that girl* with vaginal temping. Otherwise, I'd def try it! Maybe once I get used to orally temping, so I sub-consciously pay more attention to what I'm doing. :)
  • @dubcompanion haha...don't stick it up that far!! Lmao. I've actually never temped vaginally but I'm thinking about starting right now. It's ever too late to start and most people don't actually start temping for the cycle until af has ended. You should still have enough time to establish a CL before you ovulate and your temp spikes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion it's supposed to give you more reliable temps because, snoring / mouth breathing can affect your temps. With that said, I have had no issue getting a biphasic pattern with oral temps. Actually, scratch that, vag temping is a PITA because it's down there and I can't hear the thermometer beep *dying with laughter* 

Eta I have fallen asleep with it still in. I've also temped, managed to remove it before falling back asleep only to go back to bed with the thermometer lost in the covers. Then my DH is like "dafuq? " 
  • @dubcompanion It's definitely not too late! I take a break from temping during AF for sanity. As long as you start few days reasonably before O you'll see a shift. I waited til CD7 last cycle. Also, +1 to no vaginal temping. It's where I draw the line. Ha!
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @iceandsnowflakes29 It totally makes sense that it works and why it would be more reliable!! And good point about not hearing the beeping too! I'm going to start with oral temping and if I feel like there are discrepancies (I am a mouth breather, and I've woken up stuffy lately thanks to allergies), I will try other temping methods! :smiley: Thanks so much for the advice!

@MooFish2364 Thanks for the insight!
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 Just saw your ETA and I'm dying. My H asked what's up, and I'm like, "Nothing, just bonding with some ladies." :lol:

@Wishilivedinflorida Thanks for the added input! I'll start temping CD 6 then. 
  • Hahaha this whole conversation about vag temping totally cracked me up at my cube at work. Thanks everyone for the WTO entertainment :)
  • LMAO at the vag temping  :D 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    *Lurking* this whole vag temping exchange almost killed me. I started laughing. then coughing and then choking. 
  • @dubcompanion It's never too late to start temping. Back during my temping days, I would temp like 6 days a cycle and catch O. Granted I had been temping for years and knew when to start etc. I have many charts that look quite similar to @iceandsnowflakes29

LOL to this whole bag temping dialog. This is why I love you people. I actually did this for a cycle or two, but it really was just not necessary for me. I also couldn't hear the beep from under the covers.
  • @BornReady Omg "bag temping" LOL

If you temped only 6 days a cycle, did you just want to catch O and that was all - you didn't continue through the TWW? Just curious. :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    @BornReady  I have  never shared my half assed temping tendencies. But, I did that with my January B/O cycle. Caught O, temped a tiny bit after to confirm and then quit. Otherwise, I go BSC comparing them all. 
  • Here's January's. I literally took 5 temperatures. 

• edited June 2016
    Bahaha you ladies are killing me  :D I think I finally O'd yesterday because I had a significantly raised temp this morning. I think I had a "slow rise" this cycle. It's only my 2nd cycle temping and last month's chart was so pretty that I guess I was hoping this month's would be, too lol Thanks for everyone's support and info!

@dubcompanion as others said, start temping! Just don't interchange between oral and vag temping within a cycle....not just for hygienic reasons lmao but it will screw up your chart ;)
  • The reason I'm not big on temping anymore is because, I can usually get a good idea from CM. But, if you really want to get into it, cervical position does not lie. 
  • Oooo weird. I still think I'm right about O'ing yesterday but only time will tell BUT I had discarded a temp on CD11 and if I go back and include it, it puts my O on CD 10 but then with dips below CL after O, which sounds a little like the fallback pattern that was mentioned. Interesting stuff!
  • i feel like i got to know everyone much better today lol  :D
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • OMG, I'm a temping newbie, just started like two weeks and never even thought about putting it in my lady part! I fall back asleep with it in my mouth, I can only imagine the disaster I'd be if I tried the other way! 

I'm currently CD 9 and praying that just maybe I'll O this month! Gonna go all out and start OPKs along with temping starting tomorrow. Even if I do O it probably won't be until CD 24-30 but I want to be extra safe (and burn through a $h!t ton of money apparently) lol
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @BornReady I totally thought you had meant "bag temping" and I was like, "Well that's a new term!!" :lol: Yours and @iceandsnowflakes29's rationale for not temping during TWW definitely makes sense though. Instead of helping BSC, it would make things worse! Especially when you start comparing...

@rainbowturtles Oh dear, reason #32 for not doing vaginal temping right out of the gate - getting confused and mixing up where it goes. That would not be a good start to the day. :confounded:

• Ya'll I'm laughing out loud at my phone. Seriously *dying*. My ribs from cracking up  :D
  • CD 4 over here and it was a rough one. Very heavy af ( as if to say f*** you!!) I cried and drank a lot of wine this weekend and then some good ole retail therapy. DH told me to get ready cause he plans to bd every night so we don't miss it.  I don't temp- but if I did it would def be a half- assed chart like that, lol. I just can't stick with things like that.
    I def thing that "bag temping" should be a term for it now. lol
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • edited June 2016
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Your charts are positively cracking me up! Thanks for the laugh!! I needed that today!

ETA: I for a split second thought about starting a "Vag Temping-Yay or Nay" poll thread for fun but decided against it as I felt it would weird out new people. :D
  • edited June 2016
    @Wishilivedinflorida lol at the poll. I temp the vag. Ain't no shame in my game. #embracethecrazy.
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 I will do a lot of crazy things to TTC, but not that. Besides, if DH ever figured/found out I would never hear the end of it. He already thinks I'm a whackjob with this whole business.

Also, legit question: Obviously the vag is bigger than the thermometer. Do you just sway it to one side or the other? Do you clamp down as best you can with a kegel? How do you actually get a temp?
  • @Wishilivedinflorida "do you clamp down as best you can" dying laughing!
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017