TTC After a Loss
Options

^^^June Waiting to O^^^

Re: ^^^June Waiting to O^^^

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida  my husband doesn't even blink with most of my antics anymore. 

I drive him BSC with the "do you see a line" business when I test. 

Anyway, I just stick the thermometer in. Not the whole thing. Just the tip while still holding the other end. I actually try to keep it still. You don't need to clench or hold it in with kegels. Or at least I dont. 

I can't recall why I started temping vaginally. I think it's because most of the girls on TTGP swear it is more accurate.  Anyway, orally is just fine. It threw me off the first month vaginally because your temps are a bit higher that way and I think that is the reason you shouldn't temp both vaginal and oral in the same cycle. Plus. Ew. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dubcompanion i think you mean temping the bag*  :D
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Gee whiz, no wonder why there were crickets in my hypothetical thread discussion!! 

• Options
    CD 19 and still nothing! I actually think I Oed over the weekend but I didn't track at all, but then again I didn't have any usual symptoms. I'm going to use opk's for 2 more days and if nothing then I'm assuming Sunday was the day. Oh well we're TTA until end of July anyway but I still want data for when go time rolls around so we're not wasting time.
  • Options
    JDMRSJDMRS member
    Wishilivedinflorida said:
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I will do a lot of crazy things to TTC, but not that. Besides, if DH ever figured/found out I would never hear the end of it. He already thinks I'm a whackjob with this whole business.

Also, legit question: Obviously the vag is bigger than the thermometer. Do you just sway it to one side or the other? Do you clamp down as best you can with a kegel? How do you actually get a temp?
    @Wishilivedinflorida
    same. same. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Well I thought I was 4dpo. But that's up for debate. FF still says 4dpo. But now I wonder if it is 1dpo. But I really need to be 4dpo but if I'm 1dpo then my pineapple core schedule just went to the shitter. Crap. 

Took OPKS, got a positive, I had all the bells and whistles of O then not. Then had all the bells and whistles again with another darker opk. This one looks like the test line is leeching dye from the control line. WTF. 

I need to just slowly back away from the chart. WHY am I still taking OPKS?! I have almost burned through a PACK of TWENTY OPKS PLUS in a moment of weakness/ insanity I took the free HPT that came with them. I have TWO OPKS left. 

/end vent. 

OH ETA not to mention I spent 15 mins at 6:30 a.m. this morning making DH compare and decipher all my charts and comparing them to the current. He kindly told me he was clueless and I went into a big long spill on charting 101 only to confuse him MOAR. He works at an engineering firm. This should be a cake walk. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Bahahaha you ladies are cracking me up and I love it!

@crazypt2285 I'm glad I'm not the only one TTA and temping/charting :)

Edited: because TB mobile is a PITA and hates when I try to use emojis :#
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Okay, joking aside, I think I might be a victim of false surges. Does anybody else have this? Does anyone  more versed on OPKS know if this signals a problem?  

Edit spelling 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion just wait. It will bring the BSC out of you. Mine sure as F%&$ is. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29  Oh, I already go BSC. B) Bwahaha.. Maybe I should be nice ahead of time and reserve a hotel room for DH during my TWW this cycle.
  • Options
    I TEMPED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THIS MORNING! Orally. :kissing: The dot on my Kindara chart is big deals!!!

Only 29 more mornings & dots to go!

Congrats!!! If you're anything like me you'll continuously go look at this dot and subsequent dots more than once per day, as if something is going to magically change/appear on your chart  :D
  • Options
    Me for the remainder of TTCAL:

• Options
    JDMRSJDMRS member
    @dubcompanion  until yesterday I didn't know there was any other way besides orally temping.  :D

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to the club @dubcompanion !! The only exciting thing about my charting was whether to mark "medium" or "light" flow today. 
  • Options
    I TEMPED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THIS MORNING! Orally. :kissing: The dot on my Kindara chart is big deals!!!

Only 29 more mornings & dots to go!

Congrats!!! If you're anything like me you'll continuously go look at this dot and subsequent dots more than once per day, as if something is going to magically change/appear on your chart  :D

YES.....I am always comparing dots to previous cycles. Chart overlay is so bad for my BSC

@dubcompanion- I hate charting CM, I can never figure out what exactly is watery. I don't really have much EWCM so I just figure anything that isn't creamy/sticky to be watery? Sticky or creamy is a little bit more to figure out.

• Options
    @Spartanrd4 What makes it even more confusing is when you're HIO 24/7 and you can't decide what's man juice and what's your juice... heh...

I totally believe that temping is gonna make me go full-on BSC; on the plus side, I'll go BSC with data that should be pretty objective. :smile:
  • Options
    @dubcompanion and then for me throwing preseed in the mix. I have no idea whats going up there lol!!!
  • Options
    Seriously ya'll 4 + OPKS. CD 8, 10, 14 & 15. Should I just eenie meenie money mo which one is real??
  • Options
    Lol @ man juice. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm Also add in the constant switching of positions to see if you're abdomen is crampy in *this* position, or the endless boob-grabbing and nipple-tweaking to see if they're sorer than 5 minutes ago. Dear god, SOS...

@iceandsnowflakes29 Put the OPKs down. Slowly back away. Find something fun to watch on TV or a website to get lost reading in for hours. :smiley:
  • Options
    @dubcompanion  I'm still going to HIO tonight just for insurance. 

You're right. I need distraction. I've been Googling and I almost called my OB. Which is just insane. 
  • Options
    I just WebMD diagnosed myself with tons of shit. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Totally unrelated, what's your home address? I'm honestly not about to send out a SWAT team that'll burst through your windows, confiscate your OPKs and computer, and drag you to a rec center to run your anxiety off.

I'm actually working for the US census.
  • Options
    @dubcompanion 623 bum fuck KY 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29Poor you, no wonder why you can't find any distractions. :lol: I'm not one to talk. My address is very similar, except it's 623 bum fuck IA

• Options
    We really don't have much here. The whole town exploded when we got a cheesecake factory. 
  • Options
    JDMRSJDMRS member
    @iceandsnowflakes29 and @dubcompanion
    I'm from Bum fuck NY originally- we exploded when we got a Walmart when I was in high school if that gives you the idea of our bumfuckery. 

• Options
    Okay, joking aside, I think I might be a victim of false surges. Does anybody else have this? Does anyone  more versed on OPKS know if this signals a problem?  

Edit spelling 
    I wish I could use the hand raising emoji, but me me, I do with the false surges. Definitely turned an OPK twice last month CD17 & CD19, went to the OB for a blood draw and nope no O, just a false surge. Womp, womp
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @dubcompanion Totally cracked up over your man juice comment and I've been trying to figure out what HIO stands for (looks like it might be the same as BD) but this was the only explanation I could find was in Urban Dictionary...Having Intercourse Outside....is that what you meant!!?! Lol
    @Spartanrd4 What makes it even more confusing is when you're HIO 24/7 and you can't decide what's man juice and what's your juice... heh...

I totally believe that temping is gonna make me go full-on BSC; on the plus side, I'll go BSC with data that should be pretty objective. :smile:
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I went to undergrad in BFE Kentucky too. Where a Buffalo Wild Wings was the biggest thing for a decade 
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel that sounds about right. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm I used to think it was "hit it up" as well, even though it made no sense with the acronym. Glad I wasn't the only one!