April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• avidkeo said:
    OK just posted a rant in the low blood sugar in babies thread.
    Where did all the parenting people come from????? Maybe they are trying to get back at us for the joke the other week about the AE in their stupid FFFC/UO thread.

I hope you agree with my posting on our behalf. Cant stand that shit.
    That thread is a hot mess. ::backs away slowly::
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • avidkeo said:
    Where did all the parenting people come from????? Maybe they are trying to get back at us for the joke the other week about the AE in their stupid FFFC/UO thread.

woah 10 posts in about a minute. 
    I dont know if I want to read the replies I got!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • avidkeo said:
    avidkeo said:

Just some snark, its not so bad. Eye roll worthy at best. 
  • @deirdremarie - I would lose my mind on someone if they shot my dog. And I would try to take legal action against them. Not sure if that's an option really or not, but dammit I would try.

@cgoldian‌ - I'm with you. SO is a former chef. Even though I like to cook, it's optional, not mandatory for me :)
  • AprilMay9 said:

Eija3014 said:

Do any of you supermoms (or superwives) have a good go-to website for cheap/easy dinner ideas? I am completely out of creative energy when it comes to making supper and grocery shopping!

edit because words are hard

Budget bytes is great for low cost dinner ideas.
    I second budget bytes!
               72614 1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • avidkeo said:
    avidkeo said:

Just some snark, its not so bad. Eye roll worthy at best. 
    Awww but I want drama!!! I'm bored!
  • I'm just kind of sad tonight. :-( Don't know why!
  • Woah- not bumping on the weekends means a WHOLE lot of skimming, so im sure i missed some sad/happy/concerning posts- T&P to those who needs them and congrats to those hitting milestones!

Last night was the worst nights sleep ive ever had- i actually had what i think were anxiety induced contractions. I started freaking out about how i wouldnt be able to save both babies if our car went over the bay bridge this summer on vacation. CRAZY TRAIN. Anyone else with anxiety problems getting increasingly crazier?

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• @nikki912‌ my anxiety has doubled in the last three weeks. It's becoming less and less tolerable.
  • I'm just kind of sad tonight. :-( Don't know why!
    Aw, it happens! The sun can't shine every day...oui? Treat yourself to something nice and/or delicious. Hope you feel better!
    Awww! thanks and good idea! :-)
  • Mamamonzo said:

I remember buying maternity pants waaaaaay back and complaining because I got saggy ass in them. Now, none of them fit. Can't get them over my hips. My how things have changed.

After months of complaining about the same thing I literally busted the seams in mine a couple weeks ago. Sad day.
               72614 1
  • @nikki912‌ my anxiety has doubled in the last three weeks. It's becoming less and less tolerable.
    I just made an appointment with a local LPC since i hadnt set anything up since we moved to NC. I feel like when i cant sleep because random thoughts of soemthing that has almost no chance of happening are causing me to have contractions...i should probably talk to someone. Im sorry youre going through it too- it can be really overwhelming.

• I slept weird last night and my neck/shoulder have been killing me all day. Usually all the helps is Advil:( butch bitch moan moan. One more month.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• AprilMay9 said:

The A14 board is so awesome that the parenting people decided to leave their boring board and come here to bug. They are so annoying! I wish they would just leave!

Eh, I don't mind. We had some holier-than-thou crazy that we weren't addressing sufficiently. We've gotten soft.
    Team parenting board here. Those anti formula comments were so holier than thou
    Not bumping on the weekends I moss the good stuff! Link?

• P&B715 said:

Who here has taken Benadryl? It didn't make me drowsy, but will it make baby drowsy? Baby was less active than normal this afternoon and just wondering...

I take a sleep aid every night, it's the drowsy part that's in Benadryl and for a few days I noticed a less active baby in the morning. Now it doesn't seem to do anything to him.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Also, DH's coworker with cancer that I mentioned awhile back, passed today. DH is having a difficult time. If anyone wants to send positive thoughts it would be appreciated. Poor guy :(
    Sending thoughts and prayers.
  • @kseccomb17 I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Positive thoughts to your DH and his coworker's family. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • avidkeo said:

I haven't read it yet, why is it so heated? Now I'm kicking myself for giving a real response. 
  • Mamamonzo said:
    I remember buying maternity pants waaaaaay back and complaining because I got saggy ass in them. Now, none of them fit. Can't get them over my hips. My how things have changed.
    Same here. Sucks and now I just wear yoga pants. Done caring.
  • Thanks @poru! (had to look up the reference. Its so bad. I've never read it!!)
  • poru said:
    Thanks @poru! (had to look up the reference. Its so bad. I've never read it!!)
    I read it to my son and when we get to the the line "terrible, no good, horrible, very bad day" that gets repeated over and over, we put our foreheads together and say it together (he partially says it -- only 2.5 lol).  I am hoping when he is 4 or 5 and starts being more aware of his bad days, that I can put my forehead to his and say it with him to make him feel better.
    That is probably one of the sweetest things I've heard all day! I love it!
  • avidkeo said:

I haven't read it yet, why is it so heated? Now I'm kicking myself for giving a real response. 
    Oh, some of our more (overly?) opinionated regulars said something on the subject that offended some of the ladies on parenting and then...it was just like going from being constipated to diarrhea. 
    Holy fuck. Just read it. Someone said it best, can't remember now who, but it went something like this: Breastmilk - Formula - IV. 

Done and Done. The fuck does there have to be so many assholes? I just can't anymore.
  • avidkeo said:

We had a few of our people saying IV glucose was preferable to formula.
    gee now I think I reacted wrong!! I was more incensed that parenting jumped into a thread like that the way they did before I thought that actually the original comment was a bad comment. 

so much for my white knighting! 
  • Though they attacked Twirple! No one attacks my Twirple! especially since all she did was post cake! I haven't replied because part of me thinks their reply was more tonge in cheek...
  • avidkeo said:
    Though they attacked Twirple! No one attacks my Twirple! especially since all she did was post cake! I haven't replied because part of me thinks their reply was more tonge in cheek...
    Part of me thought their response might have been tongue in cheek too, but I'm not sure, and hate that they jumped into the thread, so I just ignored it.

All of the people that came to my defense gave me the warm fuzzies though 
    :x
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Eija3014 said:
    Skipping the last hour of posts (I'll catch up in a few) to say I WON A FREE CAR SEAT AND STROLLER (maybe two)!!! I'm a podcast nerd and I listen to Preggie Pals, if anyone's familiar, and the sister shows from New Mommy Media. Well they had a giveaway for a double stroller and two car seats and I FREAKING WON! I let them know that we aren't having twins so I'm not sure what they'll do - give us both or cut us off because I gave away our cover lol But either way, free is free :D I'm usually really skeptical of emails saying I won something but this one looked pretty darn legit and they didn't ask for anything on my behalf - just to choose what free products I wanted, so I'm quite positive that I really won! I'm still in shock. Is this real lyfe? @-)
    That is awesome!  Congratulations!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• mamrotu73 said:
    Ooooo... I gave what I thought was a normal response to that thread, now I need to go check out the drama!
    yeah the drama was over rated. I tried to stir it up more but didn't really kick the hornets nest enough...

and I cant be bothered replying now, not in the mood anymore. 
  • @Eija3014 Britax are great carseats.  Hmm, wonder if you could get an infant seat and a convertible?
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Twirple said:

@Eija3014 Britax are great carseats.  Hmm, wonder if you could get an infant seat and a convertible?

Or one for each car?
  • @Twirple‌ they said I could only choose from the infant seats, but I wonder what they'll say about us obviously not needing both. I would be ecstatic if they hooked us up with an infant seat and a convertible for later, but I don't expect too much extra since they are free and all :) I'm happy with the one! AND we can return our current seat (which is nice, but not the one we chose) for a full refund! \:D/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"