Infertility
Options

October FET buddies

Re: October FET buddies

• Options
    yay @momma2behopefully  thats a great jump! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rmarble23 I got a response from a nurse today and she just said they recommend morning so you don't forget to do it and then have it done for the day.  Haha!  She said if evening is better, that is fine.  So after my meltdown, I guess I can have my way lol.

@momma2behopefully I'm glad they aren't as bad as you thought.  My friend said she did them without heat or ice.  She tried icing initially, but she said it didn't really make a difference to her and she actually ended up hating the cold ice more than the shot, haha!  I guess as with all things IVF related, I'll just have to see how it goes because everyone feels differently and has different experiences.  Congrats on the great numbers again!

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    So I have to tell you girls about my first PIO shot yesterday... FAIL... Lol.  We were rushing around trying to get ready for that wedding we had to go to, so I told DH he needed to do it for me so I could finish getting ready and we could go.  Oh he was a basketcase!  So nervous!  "I can't do this... I don't like this... I don't want to hurt you..."  I mean, I was already nervous as it was, being the first time, and I didn't know what to expect, so his nervousness made me that much more stressed out!  I showed him the spot where to inject... Well of course I then can't see exactly where he's doing it... His nervousness got the best of him and he injected it pretty much into the center of my right ass cheek haha.  I instantly got this muscle pain that felt like I had endured some crazy strenuous ass workout, worse than any Tony Horton workout I'd ever done before lol.  I bled too.  So pretty much all night at the wedding the pain got worse... By the time it was bed time, I could barely sit down to pee, let alone lay on my right side.  Sheesh!  I tried putting on some Icy Hot before bed, but I don't think it helped.  I contemplated taking some Tylenol, but didn't.

We just did day 2 a little while ago and I drew a circle where he should do the injection.  I think it went MUCH better.  I feel a little soreness at the injection site, but don't have the muscle pain... However my right ass cheek still hurts!  Haha.

TTC since June 2012

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

7 frozen

6 frozen

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

4 frozen

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    Thank you @Nellin and @tcolechia!  The past two nights have been better!  

Sorry to hear of your delay @Mrs.BigCountry!  

@joneser1281 Sorry to hear you are a little sore!  Sometimes the injections hurt and other times they don't (for me at least).  I have no idea why it is that way for me as we do the same thing each time!

I am getting really anxious and excited for tomorrow!  I am not sure when one of the nurses is going to call and I forgot to ask them.  I will be at work and part of me wants to tell the office to call after 3 when I get out of work and will be able to be with my husband..and the other part of me wants to know right away!  Ugh..Not sure what I am going to tell them if anything... :p
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married Since: 2010
    IVF ICSI
    Fresh Cycle: 8/17/16 BFN 8/27/16
    Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Biopsy: 9/9/2016
    FET: 10/14/2016 BFN 10/28/2016

• Options

@joneser1281 I wish I could tell you the PIO injections get better, but I have found that some nights they just freaking kill! It really depends on the location. And my husband is finding that it's hard to find a spot that he hasn't already done. We alternate sides, but still after awhile you get a build up of medication and the area gets sore. THEY ARE A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS!

AFM- I had my 3rd beta this morning. Waiting on the call from the nurse. I am at work today so I am sure when I do get the call I will have to sprint to the back room to talk bec. work doesn't know yet.

Me: 29 DH: 35

TTC since: 12/2013

Unexplained Infertility- arcuate uterus diagnosed 6/2016 

MC: 12/25/2014

3 IUIs with Clomid- BFN- 2016

Fresh IVF cycle-BFN- 7/2016

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

FET- 10/3/16-BFP!!! Beta #1- 736 Beta #2 3,223 Beta #3 22,015

• Options
    Thank you @kaa... I'm with you... It's so weird how sometimes they're easy and others it's a real ordeal.  Did you get your news?!  I've been thinking of you...

@tcolechia Well thanks for giving it to me straight, haha.  You are so right... I honestly don't see how they can get better.  They just suck!  I see in your stats that your third beta was a doozy!  Congrats!

I personally would like to start a blog, book, etc. called PIO Tales because every time is an adventure lol.  I told you guys about the first time... The second time (left side) was a breeze.  It was easy and painless.  I used the heating pad for a bit after and developed a burning sensation in the injection area several minutes after the shot.  Who knows what that was.  It lasted all evening, but was gone in the morning.  Last night the right side was again a chore.  I felt fine after, but woke up at 3 AM with that horrible ass muscle pain again like on Saturday night.  I was also unknowingly sleeping on that side, so maybe that's why, but it's hurt all day.  Fun!

Tonight when DH injected the left side, blood came spurting out!  It only lasted a few seconds, but it was such a mess.  I'm using the heating pad now and so far feel ok.  Time will tell I guess... I give you gals credit who have done this before, have been doing it for a long time, etc.  I think it's miserable... But a means to an end I guess.

I should get my call tomorrow about when my FET is on Thursday.  I can't believe it's in less than two days!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    Thanks @joneser1281 for the message.  I will be thinking of you on Thursday!
    PIO is really a pain in the butt!  

Unfortunately I got a BFN.  I am handling it a lot better than I did the first time around.  I now know to take a half a day at work the day the nurse is going to call with the news.  Personally, it was too much for me to deal with while at work and needing to keep a straight face.  I am disappointed for many different reasons.  One being that I have to start all over again.  But I am also grateful that I have the opportunity to continue with this journey.  I am anxious and nervous to hear what the doctor has to say.  Anyways, I am hopeful and know it will happen for my DH and I when it is suppose to.

I will be cheering you girls on!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaseylk how are you holding up?? I'm dying for Monday to get here!!! Will you poas?  I'm too nervous to!  Sorry about your BFN @kaa, hang in there. Hugs!

• Options
    @kaa Thinking of you! so sorry about your BFN! I hope you have an appointment with your doctor soon to get answers. <3

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Thank you for the kind words, @kaa.  I'm sorry to hear about your BFN.  We all know how bad it sucks to get that news... But your attitude is amazing!  The fact that you can still manage to be grateful and positive says so much about your character.  I could definitely use some of that sometimes.  I get so frustrated and negative with this IF stuff at times that it's hard to find anything positive sometimes.  I'm even having a hard time staying positive about this transfer because I sometimes wonder am I just setting us up for yet another heartbreak?

AFM, tomorrow is the big day... I am getting nervous, though I'm not sure why... I've been through it before and it's out of my hands.  I was kind of annoyed with my clinic today because someone was supposed to let me know today what time to come in for transfer tomorrow.  Well by 1230 or so, I still hadn't heard from anyone so I called and left a message for my nurse.  By 245, I still hadn't heard from anyone, so I sent an online message.  I was starting to panic because I know they close around 4-5 and there was a time in the past I didn't get a call when I was supposed to.  So a little after 3 when I still didn't hear from anyone, I called and spoke to the receptionist.  I'm sure I sounded like a total pest/nervous pervous, but I took off work tomorrow... If they forgot to call me or tell me a time for tomorrow and I took off for no reason, that screws with me at work.

So the receptionist asked for me and said my nurse was sending me an online message at that very time.  I have to go at 1045 for blood work (Progesterone and Estradiol) and then the transfer will follow.  Can't wait to drink all of that water... My bladder is the size of a pea as it is.  They want 24-32 oz finished by 1015... Yeah I'm not doing that.  I'll either start on the way down, or chug in the parking lot.  The last time they had to let me pee some out because I was too miserable and full.

Here's something else that's eating at me... My transfer is being done by the new doctor.  She just joined the clinic in September... Is it weird that makes me a little uneasy?  The other two REs have been there forever and even though one is my regular physician, I've also had appointments with the other.  But I've never seen this new doctor and it figures, I get to meet her while she's doing my transfer.  I should try to be positive... Maybe a new dr will switch up the karma!  Haha.

@Nellin I've been thinking of you... Beta on Saturday right?!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @ltlavac holding up ok. I Poas tonight and it was negative. Not sure why I did it. I just had to. I work at a hospital so I may get a beta drawn soon too just to see. It's killing me to wait too Monday!! How are you?
  • Options
    @kaseylk, exactly why I can't bring myself to do it! I think the earliest you could test to have a pretty good idea would be Friday! So jealous you can get your beta done early!! Fingers crosssed!!!!

• Options
    @joneser1281 Good luck today!!! I hope everything goes well! Keep us posted!

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    @tcolechia Thank you so much for thinking of me!  I am officially PUPO! <3  The RE told me that everything went perfectly... If they were videotaping the procedure, it couldn't have gone better!  I hope that's good!  We transferred one 4AA embryo, created through conventional IVF (not ICSI).  We did not do PGS, so again we'll just see what happens... I'm just trying to take it easy... I made some chili in the crockpot... It's gloomy and rainy here today, so I'm resting in my comfy sweats with my Halloween and pineapple (for good luck, of course) candles lit while watching the original Psycho, haha.  Let the wait begin!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @joneser1281 Yay!! That's wonderful news that everything went perfectly! It is really rainy and gloomy here today too. Where are you from? I am in Rhode Island and the temperature here today is 41. I am freezing!

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    @tcolechia Thank you!  Let's hope!  I am from PA... It's a total fall day here... Not as cold as you though... 60 right now, but I am always cold haha.  And with the rain off and on, that always makes it seem colder.

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    Thank you for your kind words @ltlavac @tcolechia and @joneser1281!  

Not going to lie @joneser1281..you comment made me teary.   :)  This process can be very frustrating.  I really try to remind myself that a lot of what is going on is out of my control.  I have been thinking of you today and I am glad to hear that your procedure went well!  Fingers are crossed for you, girl!  I hope your TWW goes by quickly.  After reading your comment about it being rainy, I wondered if you lived near me (Boston).  @tcolechia , you are not too far away from me!  Small world!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    Hi all, nice to see there are still a few October faces on here! I've been offline trying not to think about everything (unsuccessfully!) during my TWW. Tomorrow is my first beta and I'm freaking out and totally distracted from work! 
    I think I feel pregnant (not that I've ever had a BFP before) but I don't even want to let myself think that because of the disappointment if I'm not! 
    At least I'm lucky we have plenty more frosties in the freezer! 
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow, @nellin!!!

• Options
    @Kaa You BFN result totally sucks! Hope you are looking after yourself. 

@joneser1281 Maybe the new doctor will have the magic touch! :)
    Thanks for remembering - I'm in NZ so a day ahead so tomorrow is Sat!

@ltlavac Thanks and good luck with the last few days waiting - what date is your first beta?

@kaseylk Did you get a beta done yet? Fingers and toes crossed!

• Options
    @kaa @tcolechia and @joneser1281 its crazy how close we all are. I am in central MA.... we had like an inch of snow yesterday... I was giddy like a school girl lol. 

I have been mia lately. Waiting for ultrasound next Thursday. Food and I have a love hate relationship already. I am moody, tired and just feel gross half the time.  It still doesn't feel real and I can't fall into the excitement just yet but I had a 3rd beta wed and it was over 12k so it's slowly sinking in. 

Congrats to everyone pupo now and hope you have a productive TWW 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Nellin I did a beta Wednesday night. It was zero. I'm told it's still to early since that was only day 6 post a 5 day transfer. Not doing another one until Monday at the doctor. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much girls... I appreciate the good vibes and now more than ever because I'm freaking out. All of a sudden I'm sick! I've had mild sniffles this week, an occasional sneeze... Then yesterday evening I get a full-blown sore throat, sneezing, headache, itchy watery eyes. So I go to bed thinking I'm going to try and get a lot of rest, but no I'm up all night with a killer sore throat and headache… And a fever! My thermometer said 99.8, but I  don't know how accurate it is because the battery is dying. Why does this crap always happen to me?! Is it too much to ask to just have a smooth transfer and wait?! I have a message into the nurse to see if I can take anything, but I'm worried that the chances of this working are all shot to hell because I'm sick.:(

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @rmarble23 I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

@kaseylk oh that sucks, I guess I'll stop being jealous about you getting to test early :)  there's a reason why we have to wait! I've got my fingers crossed for your real beta!

@joneser1281 what a bummer! Look after yourself and don't give up hope for this cycle. 
  • Options
    First beta came back BFP! I'm still in disbelief, I'd been preparing myself all day for a negative and I was so surprised when I got the call.
    After I got off the phone I totally fell apart. My dog was getting worried I was crying so hard. After 3 years it's the first ever BFP, so I'm in uncharted territory now! 
    Second beta on Wednesday. My partner is away till Wednesday so that will be good, if it's bad news I'll be a wreck and if it's more good news he can be here for it! 
  • Options
    Thank you, @Nellin. I am trying to remain calm, but of course I am nervous.  Did I sneeze my embaby out of its nesting place yesterday and today?  Did the fever affect implantation?  Who knows.  My IVF nurse sent me a list of meds that are safe to take during PG, but ok it says at the top of the list not to take any meds if it's not necessary, or unless your doctor instructed you to.  So I've been fighting taking anything all day.  I focused on drinking lots of water throughout the day...

Work was so painful today.  I should've called off to rest today, but since I was off yesterday for the transfer, I needed to get some stuff done before Monday.  My temp has been staying at the 99.7 or 8 range all day, so that's another reason I've not taken anything.  I'm hoping I can sleep tonight, but if not I may have to take some Tylenol for relief.  I can't have another night of no sleep.  My nurse said to remember that we all have friends who aren't IF patients who have gotten sick with colds, coughs, etc and still had babies so I shouldn't worry too much about things being affected.  Aren't we also always told that we can't be treated the same as those women because we have IF?  I think they jinxed me with that whole "everything went perfectly with transfer" talk.  Regardless, I need to get better for the wedding I have tomorrow and baby shower on Sunday.

Thinking good thoughts for you @Nellin and hoping for good news...@kaseylk stay strong girl... Don't give up yet! @rmarble23 I am so excited for you!  I hope you can soon allow yourself some excitement to enjoy being PG!  You more than deserve it!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    @Nellin Yay!  Congratulations!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    KaaKaa member
    Congratulations @Nellin!!  So happy for you!  
    @joneser1281 try not to worry!  I know it is hard but this is all out of your hands at this point.  I am not a nurse or anything but..I was sick two weeks before my transfer.  I begged the dr to make me healthy!  She told me to drink a glass of orange juice and have a teaspoon of honey each day. I hope you can get some rest between all that you have going on.  Take care of yourself!

I am meeting with my doctor on Wednesday and am going for day 3 blood work tomorrow.  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    Thanks and good luck for this round @Kaa

• Options
    Thank you @kaa.  I am trying to do just that.  I've fought the urge to take any medication... I've just been trying to drink a lot of water... I slept better last night and though I still seemed to have a temp this morning, I felt much better than yesterday.  I'm just really stuffed up and can't breathe.  I'm trying to blow it all out.  I do normally have orange juice each day with breakfast... and I put honey in my tea that I was drinking last night.  I also took some vitamin C drops.  The weather here was really beautiful today (low 70s) and I was out and about running errands, so I'm hoping the fresh air and sunshine also helped.  I'm going to try to get some good sleep tonight too.  I am trying to think positively... Naturally I've been googling like crazy.  It seems, just like every aspect of PG, that things could go either way with me getting sick the same day as transfer.  I am trying to think positively and am telling myself I got sick because the embryo implanted and my immune system became lowered... That may make no sense, but that's what I'm telling myself lol.  I wish you good luck as well on this next round!

TTC since June 2012

7 frozen

6 frozen

4 frozen

• Options
    Lavendar83Lavendar83 member
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    @Nellin congrats!!! So happy for you!!!
  • Options
    @joneser1281 My clinic said let them know if you have a cold because sneezing while you have the transfer is dangerous but that you can't cough out an embryo. Got my fingers crossed for you! 

@kaseylk Thanks! Good luck for Monday!!

@ltlavac Are you tomorrow too? Good luck!

Baby dust all around!

• Options
    Well it was a BFN for me today. They said I should be expecting a period in the next 10 days. I had a feeling it was going to be negative for some reason. 2 embryos left! @ltlavac hope for some good news for you!!!
  • Options
    kaseylk I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN result. Look after yourself and have a glass (or three) of wine xx 
  • Options
    @kaseylk Very sorry about your BFN! <3

PGS testing- 8/15/2016

• Options
    Thanks everyone. Definitely will be having some wine! 
  • Options
    KaaKaa member
    edited November 2016
    Hugs @kaseylk   You def deserve to treat yourself!

How are you feeling @joneser1281?

I went in for my day 3 blood work and didn't get the results that I was expecting.  My thyroid and prolactin levels were elevated. Now I have even more questions for the doctor on Wednesday!  My levels have always been fine.  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    Well ladies, 8its a BFN for me! So bummed! I did test last night, thank god, so I was expecting the blow today when they called with my results. @kaseylk so sorry to hear your bad news as well.