May 2022 Moms

The Great Big Question Thread

18910111214»

Re: The Great Big Question Thread

• @taylorharris0522 yikes, that’s super awkward since you barely know each other! How does she not get it after you said it’s just family? 
  • @taylorharris0522 that’s quite bold of her. I would maybe say that there’s capacity limit because of Covid so it’s only family and hopefully it will click.
  • Loading the player...
  • @taylorharris0522 that’s awkward!  I wonder if you acknowledged that it’s really sweet of her to want to celebrate with you (even if that’s not entirely true) but the guest list is really only family and invites have already been established by the host. Hopefully she’ll get the hint?! 
  • @taylorharris0522 I think you just leave it. You’ve said it’s just for family. I wouldn’t send her the registry link and say that it’s very sweet of her wanting to be involved, but friendship and support through the transition to parenthood is more than enough generosity.
  • Thank you everyone. She finally got it I think. She and I totally clicked when we met but she got kinda clingy! I helped her son sew some merit badges on his scout sash yesterday. We had a good talk while he was working on it and I think she gets the idea now. She’s still insisting on getting me something but I went with what @annashaf said and I think it worked! She’s new to the area and looking for friends. I get it, but it was awkward there for a bit!
  • I don’t like “mommy” for some reason!!! Like my husband and I have started calling each other mommy and daddy around Riley but it just feels weird. Daddy works. Mommy feels forced. I’m thinking of being called Mama. What’s y’all’s opinion? “Mama” is the first step to “mommy” anyway. We could just keep it there. Does “mama” sound too old lady/country bumpkin? I mean it’s not “ma.” Idk why this is what I’m worrying about with everything going on, but I’d like some input from my Bump fam. 
  • @taylorharris0522 my toddler calls me mama and I love it. I also wonder if mommy will grow on you once Riley is the one saying it. My son calls me both sometimes and I’ve come to love whatever he calls me :)
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @taylorharris0522 I don’t remember what DH and I called each other in the beginning. Pretty sure I’d refer to him as dada when our daughter started calling him that haha. She called me mama. I was actually pretty sad when she made the switch several months ago from mama to mommy 😅
  • We started as Mama and Dada and out 2 yo has started calling her Dad Daddy instead but I'm almost always still Mama. Until age was born I had always thought I would just be Mom, never Mama or Mommy, but I love it now.
  • @taylorharris0522 we did mama/dada at first because it's easiest to say. At some point in the last year? year and a half? DD started calling us mommy and daddy, unprompted from us, so she picked it up from daycare most likely. Feels like a natural transition 🤷‍♀️
  • We've always drifted more towards mama and Daddy when talking to the kids. Sometimes one of my older 3 will call me mommy but anything they buy me says mama on it. I wanted the easier sounds so maybe one of them works say mama 1st. So far nope lol
    2 said Dada first and my 3rd kiddo said RyRy (nickname for older sis)  oh well maybe this one will say mama 1st. 
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• Do y’all have any favorite apps or websites for baby things like photo editing or meal tracking or diaper rewards? Right now I’m loving the pampers rewards program, but most of the photo editing apps (like to put “one month” and other stickers on photos) are disappointing to me.

Also, a PSA, Shutterfly offers free prints through the app. You just pay shipping. It’s much less expensive than printing at Walgreens or CVS. 
  • I use InCollage for photo editing but I don't really collect diaper rewards or anything and I found a basic tracking app to keep up with what side I nurse one. 
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @taylorharris0522 I use the “baby tracker” app to track feeds. It’s very simple.