May 2022 Moms

The Great Big Question Thread

Re: The Great Big Question Thread

• stephk2120stephk2120 member
    edited January 2022
    @pajamstagrams Yeah I am always tired, but, it’s weird when I walk or even just sitting or trying to get out of bed my legs just feel like complete weights like I have to really swing em to get them to move… could just be me or maybe a thing with twins I dunno 🤷‍♀️
  • @stephk2120 I could see that happening, especially with twins. I wonder if @jackdetroit is experiencing anything similar as she is carrying twins too.

I’m not having anything like the heaviness you are describing… for me it’s still just the dizziness that’s bugging me. I have an appt next week with my Dr so if it’s still happening then I’m going to ask her if I should be concerned about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • stephk2120stephk2120 member
    edited January 2022
    @fireflyz_56 Yeah, I’ll just ask my doctor since I have an OB appointment this coming week. It’s not debilitating or anything just weird is all. And, yeah I’ve been having dizziness as well. I was told by my OB with twins I would experience that, she told me to just sit down when I feel dizzy and drink lots of fluids. I ran to Walgreens earlier cause I ran out of prenatals plus my husband wanted an energy drink, anyways when I was out there I felt like I was literally going to be sick the heat was sooooo nauseating I kept dry heaving in the store so I’m gonna take it easy the rest of the night… thanks for your reply :)
  • @stephk2120 I haven't noticed heaviness in my legs but wouldn't be surprised if it is from the extra blood flow. My midwife said carrying twins means we are carrying 40% extra blood flow which I know my body has had trouble managing. But keep an eye out for swelling or anything because I think heaviness can also br a symptom of blood clots (which you are also more susceptible to with twins) 
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • @jackdetroit Yeah the heaviness is definitely in my legs and arms now. No swelling or anything just feelings of my arms and legs being weights. I’ll definitely talk to my doctor about it. Thanks for your reply :)
  • Is anyone super knowledgeable about safe sleep? Or just has a better memory than me? I think I may have read something about you need to switch the mattress out with each child. I know that if I was getting a crib from a different family than of course I would switch the mattress but this was DS's. He used his crib for about 2 years or so. The mattress looks like it's in perfect condition but 🤷. It's been about a year since he slept in the crib. 
  • Is anyone super knowledgeable about safe sleep? Or just has a better memory than me? I think I may have read something about you need to switch the mattress out with each child. I know that if I was getting a crib from a different family than of course I would switch the mattress but this was DS's. He used his crib for about 2 years or so. The mattress looks like it's in perfect condition but 🤷. It's been about a year since he slept in the crib. 
    @pajamstagrams @happynapper was it one of y’all that was talking about the the safe sleep practices before? I can’t remember 

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited January 2022
    @MrsLaLaBug @runninginva I definitely mentioned it at after someone else brought it up. Officially I think you're supposed to, but I might ask our pediatrician for their opinion 
  • Not pregnancy related but baby related: has any one used an Ollie swaddle in the past? They came out about the time DS was born so I already had swaddles and never tried them, but I see them everywhere and wonder if they’re worth the price. All my kids have loved being swaddled, but they hate the super loud Velcro ones, like the halo swaddles. Trying to decide if I want to spring for one or just forego it in favor of something like one of the zip up swaddles 
  • @MrsLaLaBug that's a good idea to ask the pediatrician. DS doesn't have a well child appointment again until after the baby is born but maybe if he has to go for a sick visit... Or I could just wait until the baby is born since we're not planning on the baby sleeping in the crib right away.... 
  • @runninginva we have a discussion about crib mattresses going on in h the product Spotlight: sleep surfaces 
  • Hello, all! Hubby and I took a babymoon this last weekend. We went to CES in Las Vegas with some friends. (Side note: TOTALLY AWESOME TRIP!) Everyone was tested before the trip but now two people from our party have tested positive for COVID. Hubby and I did a home test and we are negative. We were all very close during the trip- sharing cabs and dinner tables nightly. I feel fine, he feels fine, but we were certainly exposed. Has anyone here had similar experiences with exposure? What was your outcome? We plan on testing again in three days or if we get symptoms. 
  • @taylorharris0522 it sounds like it was an awesome trip!

Covid has wiped out my entire family at this point, and it sucks. It took 4 days for me to start showing symptoms after DH thought he had a mild cold. I took a rapid test when I started getting a sore throat Thursday afternoon and it was negative, so I thought he must have been right. It was my second rapid test this past Saturday that came back positive.

Definitely keep an eye on yourselves. I wish I had done more sooner because DD has it now, although perhaps it was inevitable that she would catch it too. I hope you both stay healthy!
  • @fireflyz_56 Thank you for your reply. 

DH and I had it about this time last year. It was terrible! Has your OB suggested anything specific? Mine said if I get a positive test they can treat me with antibodies to try to knock it out quicker. 

On the bright side for y’all, you won’t catch it while you have a newborn!!!
  • @taylorharris0522 that is a bright side and a relief to hear that we might be protected, thank you. I’m sorry to hear you both already had it once. Hopefully that means you are both going to be ok this time around.
  • @taylorharris0522 I haven’t had a close contact exposure but DH has with coworkers - using sand elevator, conference room, bathrooms, break room, etc… he tested when the coworkers came up positive and was negative. We just monitored his symptoms and he never did show any so he did not retest after that but did stay quarantined in his closed door office for that week. Hope y’all stay well and glad you had a great babymoon!!! 

• Was told today that I have a low lying placenta and to refrain from sex until a follow up ultrasound at 28 weeks. Read online that in 90% of cases it resolves itself… still stressing me out. It’s a long time to find out. Hoping it moves up! Anyone have experience with this? 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited January 2022
    @jc0820 I had slight placenta previa with my first pregnancy and it did correct itself! I’m sure it is hard not to be anxious about it since all you can really do is wait and see what happens, which of course is maddening!! FX yours corrects as well!! 
    ETA:spelling

• @jc0820 I had marginal previa but it resolved and was able to deliver without any issue. The reason why this sometimes “resolves” is because as the uterus continues to grow and stretch, the attachment site of the placenta moves with it (like if you drew a dot on a balloon before you blew it up, the dot would move as you blow the balloon up). So it truly depends on just how low the placenta is as to how much it will move. 
  • I think I’m being paranoid but I’m 24 weeks and obviously have had a few ultrasounds. I had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks and I have yet to see the baby’s profile. All of the ultrasounds are either face on or the back of her head. None of them look like a baby’s face. Honestly the only clear picture we’ve seen is of her leg. I keep being afraid something is wrong and that’s why we haven’t seen her face. Anyone had a similar experience? Should I be concerned? 
  • @hgp8102019 at the anatomy scan they would’ve looked at her facial bones and would’ve let you know if anything looked wonky. I’m sure everything is ok! Maybe baby just hasn’t cooperated enough to get a profile shot. 
  • @jc0820, I had that with my first pregnancy. It corrected itself. I don't remember being told not to have sex, but I do remember them telling me not to worry about it because it typically corrects itself. (That did not help me not worry, but the sentiment was nice I guess🤷.) 
  • @runninginva I wish they would have told me that too! I’m hopeful that it’ll resolve itself. 
  • @jc0820 I was told at my anatomy scan during my second pregnancy that I had a low lying placenta - just at the edge of the cervix. When they checked again around 32 weeks, it had corrected itself and no complications with delivery! Try to rest easy; there’s nothing you can do regardless ♥️
  • Update on post from 1/10: We have COVID! It’s miserable and annoying as heck. OB is going to do some immune therapy so hopefully it’ll be a little better (and shorter) than last time I had it. Just doing tons of research now on COVID and pregnancy. Ugh. 

Side note, I love the support in this group. Y’all are pretty awesome people. 
  • @taylorharris0522 good luck and get better soon! Try not to go too far down the Google rabbit hole…
  • @taylorharris0522 noooo!! Ughhh I hope it’s short lived for y’all and symptoms don’t get too bad! 💜💜💜

• oh, no @taylorharris0522!! I hope you all feel better soon 💜
  • @taylorharris0522 oh no! I hope your recovery is quick! 
  • @jc0820 I had previa with my last pregnancy. I think it’s dependent on how much of the cervix is covered whether or not they tell you to go in modified bed rest (I was told no penetration, no lifting over 25 lbs and to keep workouts brisk but not strenuous). I was about 80% covered and my doctor nearly wanted to classify me as full placenta previa, but decided to just have me come in for regular scans. It took until about 35 weeks, but mine did completely resolve! It had actually resolved enough by about 32 weeks to be taken off of partial bedrest but I was still not guaranteed a shot at a vaginal delivery until it full resolved. 
  • Hey y’all - maybe my more recent mamas can help me with this. It’s been 8 years since last time for me. 😂😂😂
    What app did y’all use for diaper changes and feedings, if you used one? I did it with both for a bit in the beginning until we got into the swing of things but for the life of me I can’t remember what app it was!! 

• @MrsLaLaBug i downloaded every flipping app and was miserable at using them. I ended up using a notepad to jot down wet and dry diapers as well as left/right boob and time of feeding. Doing it that way also helped hubs keep up with our schedule 
  • @MrsLaLaBug the app I used is just called “baby tracker”. Very simple!
  • And846 said:
    @MrsLaLaBug i downloaded every flipping app and was miserable at using them. I ended up using a notepad to jot down wet and dry diapers as well as left/right boob and time of feeding. Doing it that way also helped hubs keep up with our schedule 
    I actually did this too! With DD, she was my first one. Then I let the technology creep in 😂

• @skc040512 that makes me feel better! I worked through that initial panic yesterday and realized it’s unlikely it won’t move up at this point. Mine is 8.4 mm away from my cervix so not as close as yours was. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug I used baby tracker as well and liked it 
  • @MrsLaLaBug Baby Tracker here too. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug umm I didn't use a tracker for diapers (or sleep), are we supposed to? lol 🤷‍♀️ I was extremely diligent about tracking pumping output, but that's because of all the sh*t we went through with DD and my supply was constantly short. We also tracked bottles too, again, only because she had FTT and we were struggling with feedings and needed to know who's much she would drink. I'm pretty sure I just used the Medela pumping app for all that. 
  • @pajamstagrams I didn’t track anything at all with DD. I think I remember they gave me a paper sheet from the hospital to track when she was born, but I think I was too tired to fill much of it out.
  • @pajamstagrams I definitely don’t think you have to. I thought I was supposed to since I had to track it in the hospital 😆