November 2022 Moms
Options

The Great Big Question Thread

Re: The Great Big Question Thread

• Options
    Has anyone else been experiencing extremely itchy skin? Nothing I’ve been trying seems to work. I’ve switched my body wash, laundry detergent and no lotion seems to give relief. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anyone else been experiencing extremely itchy skin? Nothing I’ve been trying seems to work. I’ve switched my body wash, laundry detergent and no lotion seems to give relief. 
    It can be normal, your skin stretches a bit and there is hormonal factors, but if nothing seems to be giving relief I'd mention it to your provider. There are a few things that could be happening that can cause itchy skin and those are things you normally want to be aware of ASAP
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Hey all! I’ve always run cold, but this pregnancy has me feeling overheated, ESPECIALLY at night. It’s to the point that I can’t sleep with my husband & dogs, even though we have a king-size bed. Has anyone else experienced this? I think it’s making my husband sad, but our dogs are rescues & we would feel too bad having them sleep anywhere else. I’m just feeling kind of guilty, but it’s the only way I can get a decent nights sleep.
  • Options
    @little_umlaut can you get a fan for your side of the bed? Or sleep with less clothes/put another mattress in your room or a comfy bed for the dogs? I run especially hot during pregnancy and get touched-out very easily. It’s hard 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh the headaches! I am prone to headaches naturally because of Psudeotumor Ceribri but I have learned what triggers them and how to control them without medication. But since week 12 (now starting week 14) they are coming back. Are migraines normal during pregnancy? 
  • Options
    @baby-h2022 my neuro said people who are prone to migraines can see their headaches decrease OR increase in pregnancy (guess which camp I'm in 🙃) but that they generally improve after the first trimester. 
  • Options
    anmdanmd member
    @baby-h2022 I had a migraine that lasted all the way from week 18-20 with no break last time. Nothing would help it.  :/ bummer, but it is normal
  • Options
    @baby-h2022 I've always heard that headaches can show up in the second trimester. I've been having them more frequently since making it to 14 weeks.

@cobebe congrats on a boy!
  • Options
    Shaw hat are you using for acne treatment. I was lucky in life and never had it until now. And now I don’t know what to use to control it. 
  • Options
    becca1234567becca1234567 member
    edited May 2022
    Product related question: pottery barn glider/rocker. Insane to spend that much or worth it?

Update: never mind, def not considering after seeing the price with tax and shipping 😅 other recommendations for a glider recliner very much welcomed!!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    jacquieb-2 Unless you’ve been told otherwise by your doctor, don’t stress about sex during your pregnancy! ☺️ I’m currently 16 weeks, and my husband and I have had sex quite frequently since finding out I was pregnant. Enjoy the intimacy, mamma, and get it on!
  • Options
    @rebeccahoo12345
    I ended up using an easy chair for nursing/baby cuddling. I see the plus of a rocker/glider, to rock baby to sleep, but honestly I don't like my chairs moving. I still have that chair in my son's room now, it is where we read books every night and where I sit when I play with him.
  • Options
    have you tried ginger tea or making your own with fresh ginger? Maybe healthier more natural options could work and skip the calories and sweeteners 
  • Options
    Are any TTM+ experiencing super achy abdominal muscles? Does anything help? It’s like I’ve done 100 sit-ups.  
    It’s way worse than with my first two, maybe it’s the previous c sections and/or the lifting/pulling I do at work but it’s getting rough! The ob says it’s fine and normal so I’m not concerned. But I’d love some relief.
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I used some PT/kinesio tape with my second pregnancy and it actually helped a lot to take pressure off my muscles and help the bump! There are tons of tutorials online too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Would anyone be interested in a November 2022 Facebook group? I was in one until recently that I just didn't vibe with--I'm not on this website very much, but Facebook? definitely more often. 
  • Options
    @michellelynn6 I would be interested! 
  • Options
    @michellelynn6
    i would like that but I kinda think we should wait a few months. I think a fair number  of people are still joining the group, and I’d hate for them to get excited that this is an active message board with lots of posts but then realize everyone is gone in a private Facebook group 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I used some PT/kinesio tape with my second pregnancy and it actually helped a lot to take pressure off my muscles and help the bump! There are tons of tutorials online too.
    I forgot about k tape! I will try anything. 
  • Options
    I’m interested 
  • Options
    Anyone else not seeing a bump yet at 14 weeks? 15 weeks coming Monday and it’s definitely getting hard lower on my belly but haven’t popped yet. :(
  • Options
    little_umlautlittle_umlaut member
    edited May 2022
    @michellelynn6 I wouldn’t be able to join as I deleted my Facebook a few years ago 
  • Options
    @emmaliz12 When I’m full of haven’t pooped in a few days I have a little bump going. Definitely more prominent in the evenings as well
  • Options
    lilswedlilswed member
    @michellelynn6 same boat as others- no Facebook account - but really enjoying this community 
  • Options
    I have gotten into this really satisfying but bad habit since becoming pregnant…I eat and immediately want to take a nap. And not just a 30 minute power nap…more like a 2 hour nap. 
  • Options
    hi guys!! does anyone have varicose veins during pregnancy? I developed one towards the end of my last pregnancy, but it wasn’t painful. this time around, the inner vein on both legs is gnarly & goes all the way from crotch to ankle. besides not liking the way it looks, they’re starting to hurt — any advice?? I have compression socks & I put my feet up every night for a couple hours before bed, I exercise & drink a lot of water but they’re still getting worse & I am not even 15 weeks yet!? help!
  • Options
    ashsquared22ashsquared22 member
    edited May 2022
    @baby-h2022Same here. Thankfully I work from home and my hours are flexible, but it definitely makes me feel like I'm losing part of my day after napping for so long. I'm waiting for that burst of energy people talk about.
  • Options
    @the_mama_bean it sounds like you’re doing what is recommended. Make sure you’re moving every couple of hours to keep the blood flow moving. If it is unbearable I would ask to see a vascular doctor, they can write prescriptions for well fitted TED hose or even portable SCDs. It could also help to establish so you can get that removed a little quicker after pregnancy 
  • Options
    Has anyone had flutters/movement go away for awhile and then return later? I was pretty sure I felt flutters pretty clearly just once at 13 weeks, but have felt nothing since then over the next couple of weeks. I'm a first timer so I wasn't really expecting to notice movement for awhile yet.
  • Options
    @banana_muffin how far along are you? It's pretty normal in the beginning, when baby is so small that they move around the uterus a lot. It may have been closer to the front when you felt it and then moved further to the back. Or if you have an anterior (front facing) placenta there may only be certain areas you can feel it, like I can only feel it if baby is way up the top =) when they get bigger and start getting a little more squished in there you'll definitely feel baby more!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 thank you for sharing! I'm about 15.5 weeks now. When I felt movement before, I was also on an airplane that had just landed, and I wondered if something about the flight motion had made the baby move in a noticeable way 😄 Not really sure though!
  • Options
    @banana_muffin I find it's also harder for first time moms to distinguish movement too, since you don't know what you're supposed to feel! I'm 15.5 too and most of the movement I'm feeling right now could be mistaken for gas or muscle spasms. This is my 3rd pregnancy and knowing what I know now I definitely felt my son more after the first time when I thought he wasn't moving lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Definitely feel occasions random flutters. 16+1. I think it’s just when the baby pressed up against the belly side of my uterus, and always when I kinda in a crouched sit. Once they get bigger you can drink a cold/sugar drink (root beer!) of your get nervous that they haven’t moved in too long to get them to wiggle. I will not admit to how many times I did this with my first….
  • Options
    @banana_muffin I didn't start feeling my first until around 21 weeks. I wasn't sure what to expect and also had an anterior placenta which made it more challenging to feel movement. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I started feeling movement s few days ago around 16 weeks but the movements are hard to feel and only when I'm laying down on my back. Eventually you'll be getting kicked in the ribcage and there will be no mistaking it's baby 😆
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I'm 15 weeks (first baby) and I think I usually feel the usual digestion or gas? I honestly have no idea what the "flutters" are supposed to feel like. Maybe in a few more weeks I'll feel something more obvious? I'm clueless I'm afraid. Lol. 
  • Options
    @ravenhairedgirl83 Most of what I'm feeling is when baby flips or stretches, which feels like a gas bubble kind of rolling up in your lower belly. Jabs are harder to feel at this point because baby isn't really super coordinated just quite yet, and isn't jabbing as hard as they will be later.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Advice for keeping cats out of cribs and bassinets? We didn’t have cats when our first two were born, this is a new problem us. The baby’s bed will be in our room and the litter box is in our bathroom so we can’t keep the door shut. We tried moving the litter box a couple of times and they stopped using them both altogether. Even though we have two in the bathroom and left one in there. Very expensive and time consuming to properly clean the carpet 🙄 

We have the halo bassinet set up in our room adding supplies to it and they are obsessed with it. I put foil in it and they played with it. 
    They love to sleep directly on my kids chests so I’m concerned about that, our orange cat is 20 lbs (he’s on a diet lol) definitely not safe for an infant