January 2020 Moms

Question Thread

Re: Question Thread

• OK so this is probably TMI but I'm desperate- anyone out there dealing with constipation? Any tips or pregnancy-safe meds that have worked for you? 
  • @amb0924 Not super helpful short term, but definitely up your water intake. I can totally tell when I'm not drinking enough water by how hard it is to pass. Totally not TMI. I miss my pre-pregnancy poops. LOL
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Loading the player...
  • @amb0924 I just finally got this issue fixed. Mine was really bad. I had increased water intake, was taking stool softeners twice a day, eating more fiber, nothing was working. I asked my dr and he recommended switching to a gummy prenatal because the iron was probably causing it. It literally worked overnight and I’m feeling so much better! 
  • @amb0924 I also have added some occasional stool softer (miralax) to help! I do 1/2 the dose every other day in some water (or whatever beverage you are having) at dinner time.
  • thanks everyone! I'll try some miralax and upping my water intake- if neither work I'll ask my doctor if it's okay to switch from my prescription prenatal I started at the fertility clinic to a gummy version. 
  • more TMI but FINALLY had the urge..... apparently my lack of drinking coffee was a culprit. I drank a cup this morning because i was willing to try anything at this point and BAM. I'm still going to take and use everyone's tips because this is not fun! 
  • @amb0924 glad it worked!!! haha My tip would be to also add fresh orange juice or some kind of other juiced beverage. I find whenever I drink something like that, that day I have no issue going to the loo
  • persnickitypersnickity member
    edited July 2019
    @amb0924 I swear by my cup of coffee and upped water intake. If I don't drink enough water, even with my coffee, I have issues.
  • agrhicksagrhicks member
    edited July 2019
    @amb0924 definitely increase water! I started eating an activiayogurt every morning and taking gummy prenatals! It’s worked for me 
  • Coffee or tea is my go to solution. It always seems to get things moving. 
  • Anyone planning any baby moon's on just fun trips while we still can? I believe the cut off is 28 weeks for air travel
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k not a babymoon because we have to go but planning on heading to CT for my sisters wedding in early October. It’ll be nice to see friends we haven’t seen in a couple of years and spend time with family. It’ll really be our last trip for a while unless something extreme happens. The thought of traveling with twin babies sounds exhausting lol. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we’re talking about a night away for our anniversary in a few weeks time or a few nights for dh bday in october but im a little reluctant to spend the money given we have 2 babies & a new house in the next little while, much as I would love to get away!
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we are going to visit my family for MH’s leave and my mom volunteered to keep DS overnight so we could go to Seattle by ourselves which will be super nice. That’ll probably be our last chance for a getaway before he deploys. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k We have our normal summer vacation at our timeshare coming up in August. I'm super excited for it. But I need to go to target and get a new swimsuit. At least a new top to fit the new tits. LOL. And some new athletic shorts to lounge around in comfortably. All mine are from high school and the elastic are all gone. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k - Where are you wanting to go? I think flying anywhere in the US, the cut off is 36 weeks. I had a friend fly from Sweden to Canada at 33 weeks.
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we're going to Disney in around a month. I'll obviously have to take it pretty easy, lots of breaks and swimming, etc. but I'm pretty pumped! I'd also heard 36 weeks was the cutoff but for a "for fun" vacation 28 weeks seems like a great guideline for keeping it actually fun!
  • Thank you all! I for some reason thought 28 weeks but it makes sense you can go a bit more. I would go to maybe Italy or the UK September or October would be a good time. If not I know I can try some small road trips between then just near by. It might just be easier to go when baby is born though, I find the first year so easy to travel with them since they don't need much.
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Yep, 36 weeks is the cutoff I have seen with both doc recommendations and airline policies for a typical pregnancy. We are doing a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland in late August as a fun family baby moon and also to take advantage of “lap child” status one last time before DD turns 2. I cannot wait. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we’re going to SanDiego and Maui in early Sept! I’ve barely taken any vacation days this year and I already had a trip planned to see family, so we figured we’d tack on Maui so the flight isn’t so long.   Also heading to Boston in late September to visit my bff who just moved there...maybe Cape Cod or a drive north to see the fall colors!  Been having the urge for a lobster roll, i can eat lobster, right? 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’m hoping we can, but we both don’t really have a lot of time off. We are thinking maybe going somewhere relatively close over a weekend or something. I wish we could take a couple weeks and go to Europe!!
  • We're going to visit family in San Diego in early November. They're going to watch DD one day so we can have some time alone.

@EmilyE13 I'm jealous of Edinburgh! That sounds like an amazing trip. I've never traveled internationally with DD. Let me know how the flight is with a little one.
  • @c1kc1kp1cn1k My husband and I are heading to England for a little over a week in late August! London for a few days, Bakewell for a few, and Cotswolds (Bibury) for a few. Seems like we have a few in our group from the UK so if anyone has suggestions send them my way!
  • @EmilyE13 aaaah so jealous you get to go to Edinburgh! We went for the Christmas market when DD was just over a year, we loved it! 
    @knotsurewhattocallmyself Nice will you stay mainly in England? I did a day trip before to Brighton from london, it's not bad on the train and there's lot's to see + beach
  • Does anyone have a recommendation on a home doppler? I'm getting super impatient and nervous between appointments and thinking of getting one. For those who use them, do you recommend? 
  • @amb0924 at my appointment last week, the midwife wouldnt attempt to use the doppler due to it being twins & made me have a scan to check the heartbeats. I know you want it for reassurance between appointments but given youre also having twins, it may cause more anxiety than reassurance. 
  • @amb0924 I have the Sonoline B doppler and love it! It's very reassuring between appts and easy to use (I'm not having twins though). Especially since I've had complications, it's great to hear my son's heartbeat. I use it maybe 1 to 2 times weekly.
  • thanks to you both!  My doctor was able to find two heartbeats using doppler, but i'm clearly not a doctor so I think you're right @leprechaunlady. I'm just being super impatient and anxious between appointments. 
  • @amb0924 I have the sonoline b Doppler that I got prior to knowing it was twins. I’ve only ever found one of the heartbeats though. I’d probably avoid it if you’re having anxiety already. Not being able to find them can just cause more. 
  • I'm finding now that I passed my OK to tell milestone, I don't want to tell people I'm pregnant. But, I know I need to tell my boss. Any suggestions? The last time I did this, I was told "I've been in this business for 10 years, and never heard of such a thing" (as a woman in IT being pregnant). THIS boss is totally different, and since my BFF has sprung this on him twice, I know at least HE'S heard of it...but I'm still not sure how to tell him, especially since he's offsite and it'll have to be over email. 
  • I did this for my entire office, but you could word it similarly @FyreFlyeRush

Hey everyone!

I figured this would be the fastest way to spread the news! In January 2020 my husband and I are expecting our first baby!! We are super excited about it. 

• @FyreFlyeRush hahahah that's great!
  • @persnickity Thanks, we are so excited! DD has flown a few international trips with us: she did Mexico at 5 mos, England at 13 mos, and France at 18 mos. It’s gotten more complicated as she’s gotten older—doesn’t just nurse and pass out like before! But we really wanted to take advantage of being able to travel with her as a “lap child” while we could instead of having to pay for a seat. 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k Oh nice! Let me know any must-see spots you recommend!
  • If you seen the pram (stroller) you want, second hand for over £1k cheaper than buying it new but its not the colour way you want and part of it has a really slight mark on it, would you go for it? 
  • @leprechaunlady you’d be saving £1k?? Heck yeah! Maybe call the company and see if you can get a replacement cover in the color you want? Im sure that would be way cheaper than buying new. 
  • @leprechaunlady I second what @kbrown2385 said! Go for it!!
  • @leprechaunlady I’m with @kbrown2385! That’s a great bargain! Go for it 
  • @leprechaunlady - I'm all about saving $$$. I'd buy that thing if it was puke color.
  • @marebear15 couldn’t help but laugh on that!!