January 2020 Moms
Options

Question Thread

Re: Question Thread

• Options
    @ang3lbb I've had quite a few transvaginal ultrasounds and I never found them uncomfortable! With that said, everyone is different and if at any time you feel uncomfortable you have every right to ask them to stop.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 My toddler has been testing his limits like usual but my one year old has been very clingy. I think she can sense the pregnancy or something. She has not wanted to be left alone for a few weeks now. It’s exhausting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ang3lbb I had both abdominal and a vaginal one.  I had to have a transvaginal one because I have a retroverted (tilted) uterus.  The transvaginal allows them to see baby better because of the position of the uterus.  Also, with my second I would have them all the time at the RE so I'm not phased by them.  But honestly it isn't that uncomfortable in my opinion.  Besides them having a hard time finding my left ovary (only uncomfortable part I experienced) it's actually pretty easy.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what is the next ultrasound after the 11-13 week scan? I can't remember what week it should typically happen?
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k - For a normal pregnancy, the next one is the anatomy scan around 18-20 weeks.
  • Options
    Hey all, so my car and hubbys car were flooded last night and will probably be totaled. Anyway, I had a VW tiguan but was not sure if we could fit car seats three across in it anyway. So as we will be in the market for new cars soon, any recommendations? I’ll have a booster and two rear facing car seats in the back. 
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    @trauen812 check out Car Seats for the Littles (on FB and they have a blog). They will recommend the best seats for 3 across plus help with cars that are best. 
  • Options
    Is anyone considering a Doula? 

I had one the first time and had a really great experience. I want to say that's why I had such a positive birth experience. This time my same Doula is now training to me a midwife so she's unavailable and referred me to another similar one that I'll be meeting next week to see how we fit.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I haven’t committed to it but I’ve been considering it since MH won’t be here.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm using one! I had one the first time and felt like it was so helpful! I think my doula made my experience wonderful. I ended up with a c-section and I think having a doula kept it from being a terrible experience. I had the best birth story I could have imagined.
  • Options
    @MrsJessS my MH was there but he gets super nervous at hospitals, can't even look at blood. So the Doula helped a lot with voicing what I wanted to the nurse/doctor as well has helping get through labour pains (knowing what to do at what time)  etc.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I have no regrets from DS’s birth but I would very much prefer to not have an epidural this time, so having someone who knows how to help me through the pain is another huge factor for me 
  • Options
    Anyone have strong feeling about the gender of their child? I'm only 9 weeks and we are team green but I just have this feeling it's a boy. It's so strange!
  • Options
    @biolprof not necessarily strong feelings, but my daughter is going to be pissed if this one isn't a little sister for her! 😂  She's already saying when she pouts "I want my sister!"  Although I kinda feel like it's going to be a boy since this pregnancy is pretty different from when I was pregnant with my daughter. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @biolprof I was convinced my first pregnancy was a boy (also team green) and he ended up being a boy!

This time my initial strong feeling was a girl. It just seems right. But I also always wanted the ordering if my children to be boy- girl- boy so it may be my subconscious leaking into how I'm feeling. Symptom wise I think it's a boy because I had a very easy pregnancy with DS and this pregnancy has been very easy so far. But when I refer to the baby in my head I subconsciously call it "she". With DS I subconsciously called him, "he". 🤷‍♀️ I have a 50/50 chance of being right 😆
  • Options
    @biolprof Yes! In my first pregnancy, I just knew I was having a girl! I had a couple dreams about having a little girl and just felt strongly that it was a girl. I trusted my intuition so much that while on a trip before knowing, I bought a pink rattle. She’s now 4. With this pregnancy, so far, I have no strong feelings of whether the baby is a boy or girl. Can’t wait to see if your feelings are correct!
  • Options
    @biolprof I feel like it's a girl but I'm always wrong so it's probably a boy. I'm cool either way!
  • Options
    @biolprof - I was dead wrong my last prediction, so we will see this time.
  • Options
    @biolprof not super strong, but my intuition tells me it's a boy. I couldn't say why, I just feel like it is. I'm happy either way. Hopefully we'll find out soon after NIPT testing!
  • Options
    Thanks all! I just find it interesting. I don't actually care that much if it is a bit or girl which is why I find it so interesting that I have a got feeling about it at all. Maybe its because some of my close family and friends just had boys. Who knows! Well see in 6 more months lol!
  • Options
    @biolprof - with my son I waffled back and forth between thinking boy or girl until the last maybe 3 weeks of my pregnancy I just knew it was a boy.   My OBGYN at the time told me that mother’s intuition is right more than any other wives tale, etc.  
  • Options
    Has anyone dreamt of their baby yet? I had my first one last night! It was his first birthday party. sesame street themed lol
    I still don't know the gender so that was interesting.
  • Options
    @biolprof with my dd I thought I was having a girl & was right, this time my gut says one of each.
  • Options
    I feel like it’s a girl because this pregnancy is so much worse than with DS. But I also want it to be a girl so 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might be biased
  • Options
    Also couldn't  care any less if it's a boy or girl. I'm just so excited to be having another baby and we don't plan on this being our last 😍
  • Options
    @MrsJessS I really want a girl too, which is why I'm sure it'll probably be a boy.  🤞🤞 for a girl though! 
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    Last time I was pretty sure it was a boy even when my mother and DH said it would be a girl, and I was right. This time I really think it's a girl. Also, my nausea has been so much worse than it was with DS. 
  • Options
    @ang3lbb not after they were born, but they other night I had super convincing dreams of the baby rolling and kicking in my tummy all night long, and it felt SO real...I was so disappointed when I woke up! Can’t wait for that feeling again. It’s the best. 😍
  • Options
    @mrsbuddd There's seriously nothing better! I had an anterior placenta last time and am really hoping to not have it this time so I can feel the kicks earlier/better. 
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies I had an anterior placenta last time too, and midwife said the placenta won’t attach in the same place the following pregnancy so I think we’re good!
  • Options
    @valerie4786 haha right? At least if it’s a boy I have all the clothes he’ll ever need already. Really I’m happy either way. But I don’t think it’s bad to wish
  • Options
    @manders9479 I didn’t know that! I had an anterior placenta last time, too, so the feedback from your MW is encouraging! It seemed like it took forever to feel her move. 
  • Options
    @manders9479 ah! I really hope that's true!!
  • Options
    Anyone else having a hard time taking their prenatals? I’m 14w3 and the ones I have you take three times a day. The first two I can buy the nightly one I severely gag almost throw up and have to spit it out. Which prenatals are you using? ( side note: I have been taking these prenatals daily through my whole TTC journey so it’s been a year and never an issue)
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Me. I have been horrible remembering to take mine every day. Setting a reminder on your phone might help. In fact I think I'll do that myself now. What are you taking that requires you to take it three times a day?
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Three times a day seems like a lot. Can you just pick some up that only require once a day? 
  • Options
    EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
    edited July 2019
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Mine are 3x daily, too. I take the Garden of Life ones. They contain folate instead of folic acid which is why I take them instead of a once daily brand. But I agree that at times they have been tough to take. I used to take a couple different 1x daily brands when I was first TTC years ago and each one made me sick to my stomach, but I’ve always had sensitivity to vitamins. These actually give me fewer problems but 3x daily are sometimes tough to remember. 

ETA words. 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’m taking actif organics. They are one daily, have dha, folate, food based vitamins. I found them to be the most cost effective when I was searching for ones to take. They come as a 90 day supply too. I get them off amazon. They are also a smaller tablet so I find that helps as well. 

Actif Organic Prenatal Vitamin with 25+ Organic Vitamins, 100% Natural, DHA, EPA, Omega 3, and Organic Herbal Blend - Non-GMO, 90 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVYT5RL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rmDiDb04W3NSJ