Infertility

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Annnd the bloodwork came back disappointing too, my body isn’t responding as she’d hoped. Trying not to count myself out yet but I did leave work and come home to watch baseball and try to marshal myself up
  • I’m sorry @lucyb1954 :-/ I have never done a mini-stim, I always did low dose of menopur and follistim.   What was your blood work? Did they give you your estrogen levels? Ugh, I’m sorry, I know how stressful and hard this is.  Every cycle is different, so you never know if it’s just not a great month for you. I did cancel on 2 cycles for lack of response when I was doing IVF.   Did they tell you to just keep on for now and come back for bloodwork and ultrasound? Thinking of you. Hope you can do some relaxing and enjoy the baseball. 
    Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww thanks 🙏 my follicles were still small on the ultrasound and my estradiol hadn’t budged from 45. Working from home today so I can be here to get the follistim shipment and take it immediately. I go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow so I’ll find out more then. 
  • @lucyb1954 sorry you’re having a rough start
    I would also not call 225 a low dose - it’s pretty much a normal dose.
    Hope the change in meds prompts a change - How many days have you been stimming now?

AFM AF has arrived, baseline looks all quiet, now to just continue the Lupron until the next check in a week
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Hi 👋🏼 @emmasemm glad to see you’re progressing well. I had started on 150 of the menopur and then she upped me to 225 after a couple of days. I’m currently on my 7th day of stims and just added follistim today after the crappy results yesterday. How long do people normally stim for? I have an appointment with the RE to discuss tomorrow. My guess is that she’ll want to discuss whether I want to cancel. I’m thinking maybe I’ll keep stimming to Saturday and see what happens. Ugh I knew this would hit me hard I just didn’t know how hard. 
  • @lucyb1954
    Can you write exactly which meds you did at which does on which days so far?
    And what cycle day did you do your baseline and start your meds?
    If I remember you had baseline labs for E2 and FSH? Can you remind me what they were?
    On your last scan, how many follicles on each side and how big were they? You should have the two dimensional measurements for each follicle. Also the two dimensional measurements of both ovaries would be helpful to try to give you some more hints of what to ask tomorrow.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @emmasemm I don’t know all the answers to your questions but I can ask tomorrow. Here’s what I know: 

stim days 1-5: clomid 150
    stim days 1-2: menopur 150 (with the clomid)
    stim days 3-7: 225 menopur 
    stim day 7: 150 follistim 

i was on estrace for approx. a month before starting stims and started stims on CD21. The day before I started stims I had an ultrasound and the nurse saw 8 follies on the right and four on the left. I don’t know how big my ovaries are. I know they’re small but I don’t know the measurements. 

My ultrasound on stim day 6 showed 6 follies on my right and 2-3 on my left, none above 10mm but I don’t know how big each one was. 

My last lab before starting estrace was in late February. My FSH was 8 and my E2 was 97. I had more labs done after starting estrace and had e2 of 210. 

I think the labs labs from February were done on CD15. 

Whew I realize I need much more info. @emmasemm you really need to switch professions and be a doctor!
  • @lucyb1954 estrace for a month? Hmmm.
    At you’re appointment I would ask if it is possible that you were over suppresses from the long estrace priming protocol. 
    My stim protocol was always aproximatey 10 days of estrace  and then 75 menopur and 225 follistim .  Since your doctor is doing clomid and had not intended to introduce follistim until there was not a great response, and was doing 150 menopur, that is a pretty classic  mini IVF protocol...
     Stim days are supposedly still 9-10 days for a mini IVF cycle which is what a regular IVF cycle usually is too.  I once stunned for a horrific 18 days on a regular IVF low dose cycle.  Some doctors will let’s you continue  to stim if there is no response at all for a few days and basically say that the first X days didn’t count because nothing was happening but that is so taxing, I feel like sometimes it’s just better to cancel the cycle and try another month, in your case possibly with less suppression with the down regulating.   (Meaning less days of estrace before you stimulate the ovaries.  You down rev to quiet the ovaries and hope to get the follicles to grow uniformly)

Good luck tomorrow lady. Hopefully you get some good news! 

Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
  • @lucyb1954

Ok so I agree with @hopefuljj that your estrogen priming was waaaaaaay too long. 10-12 days max is what you want. You want to try to bring the follicles in line but not shut everything into a deep sleep. It should be started around 2-3 days after you ovulate in a normal cycle.

You should then get a bleed at the normal time for you - if you don’t have regular 28-30 day cycles they should have you on a progesterone such as provera to induce a bleed at the right time. But means you stop the estrogen just before you get your bleed.

On day 1 or 2 of bleeding you go for baseline. Baseline only works in the first days of the cycle - any other time is nonsense. You should just ignore your CD15 numbers. 
    At baseline you want to see as many very small antral follicles (2-5mm) on each ovary as possible - though I never saw more than 2 each side as my DOR is really very diminished. They should still measure those follicles in a DOR patient.
    You should have E2 and FSH blood tests. E2 should be below 50 and FSH as low as possible under 10.
    If either is higher you should skip the cycle.
    If all is good you start stims that night.

If they really saw 12 follicles total then that’s not typical DOR - but is fitting with your fragile X finding. But without blood work who knows if they are antral follicles or not.

Not everyone responds to clomid well, so next time maybe just go traditional and use follistim etc from the start with the Menopur. You don’t need crazy doses. My best rounds were equivalent to 300 combined. Not mini but not maxi either.
    The main thing is to get the fsh injections started before your own natural fsh production has kicked in. Otherwise you’re just wasting meds and see little effect.

See what you get at this next appointment but don’t be afraid to cancel sooner rather than later in this case. Ask for all the reports they have so far for this round, get them used to providing the reports after each appointment to you.
    I think with a 10 day estrogen priming normal stim cycle you could see a different result. Ask them now about microdose Lupron instead of cetrotide too next round - the other fragilex ladies I know did better with MDL (Not started luteal, started same day as stims). But also fine to try once with cetrotide first if you will have multiple tries.

Good luck!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the advice so far. I got the reports from the nurse today and more disappointment. 

SD6
    endo thickness = 5.8
    left ovary= follies at 4.2, 5.6, 5.6
    right ovary= follies at 4.0, 4.3, 5.4, 5.4, 6.3

SD8
    endo thickness = 6.5
    left ovary= 3.4, 3.4, 5.6
    right ovary= 2.9, 3.6, 3.9, 4.2, 4.7, 5.1
    left ovary size = 21.8 x 15.4
    right ovary size = 14.9 x 14.7

they didn’t measure my ovary sizes on SD 6. And somehow the follies are shrinking???

I’ll get my E2 results back later today. I’m holding onto a ray of hope tenuously because there are follies there. But I did cry hard at first. 
  • I decided to go ahead and cancel the cycle because absolutely nothing was budging. I spoke briefly with my RE and told her that it seems like we oversuppressed with the estrace. We are going to regroup next week but she did mention doing a no suppression lead in and just going in line with my natural cycle. 

I’m going to also request full stims, MDL, and skipping the Clomid. @emmasemm with a cycle of IVF in line with my own cycle is there a chance my natural FSH will kick in too fast before I start the Stims? And I was curious how the AFC number doesn’t fit with DOR but does with Fragile X...how does that work?

anyway I hope everyone else’s stuff is humming along nicely! Thinking good thoughts for y’all @emmasemm @hopefuljj @bakerstreetboys @Imajin99 and everyone else ❤️
  • @lucyb1954 I’m sorry lady:( I know what that feels like to cancel.   As for the chance of your FSH kicking into gear too soon, it is a possibility. I don’t think estrogen priming to bring down FSH and align follicle growth is bad, but a month of it is just too much.   I always did IVF with my natural cycle start date so I’m not sure why you can’t do both. You have to go in for monitoring to check for ovulation and once you have ovulated you count back (10 days or less) from when day 3 should be 
    (Cycle day 3) and that is when you start the estrogen.   So you start the estrogen on that day and then go in for baseline on cycle day 3 to see if you are cleared for stims.  I know some women have done it without priming and I’d you don’t need it great.
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @lucyb1954 oh I’m sorry - but I hope you get a much better start next time. But well done for taking the decision. I know it’s hard.

I agree with @hopefuljj that estrogen priming when used in the normal way should be ok, but for some people that can still be a bit suppressive... I would suggest to discuss what she suggested and a natural start with your RE.

Ask her about doing a baseline even on cycle day 2. If you can get in that short notice, I’ve even done it on CD1! The key thing is to start the stims (Menopur or Follistim or whatever you’re using) already before that FSH rises. My best cycles (with 7-10 days estrogen priming before) were with an FSH of only 3-4. Of course this is not my natural level!

What I’ve seen with a few other fragilex ladies is the number of follicles and eggs can be on the low end of normal, even if AMH is very very low. And I’ve seen this “difficult to get the follicles to grow” phenomenon before. It seems to be linked to the way the fragile x affects the ovaries and their response to the hormones.

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @lucyb1954 I'm sorry you had to cancel :(  It can be so frustrating, but the first cycle is often almost an experiment.  I always did estrogen patch priming for a few days, and stared my stims really early.  My follicle count was never more than 3 or 4, but my two last cycles, they got 5 eggs.  We found that the dual trigger was really good for me.  Wishing you all the luck in your next cycle.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Hi @bakerstreetboys!  How are YOU!!!  :):) 
    I’m waiting to hear confirmation tomorrow that my donor has started stims! Time to crawl into my cave and hide until this part is over possibly.   Eeeeeeek!
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @hopefuljj Eek that is so exciting!  Will she be keeping in pretty close contact with you to let you know how it's going?  I think I'd have to give my phone away so I wouldn't stalk her :D

I'm doing ok, thanks :)  Just trying to keep calm and stay positive!

• @hopefuljj yay!!!! 😀😀😀 I’m excited for you. And for you @bakerstreetboys! I’m thinking and praying for everyone. I’m not a religious person but I’m putting it out there for everyone. 

@emmasemm interesting about the Fragile X stuff. So maybe I have some good eggs still left in there but they’re just not responding. When’s your transfer slated for?

Thanks everyone one for the advice. I’m going to a conference and then a vacation mid June and the doctor mentioned we could use progesterone to delay CD1 until I get back although it probably should happen around that time anyway. Will that affect anything for my next cycle? 

And has has anyone had luck with HGH? My RE mentioned it at one of our initial meetings but didn’t want to jump to it on our first cycle. And I’m kinda scared I’ll grow a new appendage with it or something 🤪
  • @lucyb1954 you won’t grow a new appendage 😂😂😂.  I took it a few rounds and it seemed helpful in shortening my stim time but not sure what else it helped with if anything. From what I’ve heard it is supposed to be beneficial for women over 40? But some doctors say there is not enough research to say that for sure.  I fought to get it and use it! My RE was finally like, ok fine.  
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @hopefuljj 😂 thanks! Just want a baby, no new appendages thank you very much!

hows your donor egg lady doing? How are you doing? Are you doing a fresh transfer?

i went in for a follow up with my RE today. We will be doing the HGH as well as MDL. I’ll go in for a baseline on CD3 for bloodwork and ultrasound, probably June 24th or so. Then we’ll start the stims if everything looks okay, Gonal F at  300 and menopur 150. She offered me to do either an estrace lead in for 10-12 days or without. I’m a little divided on it... I’m scared it will oversuppress me again but it also keeps the FSH in check. Any thoughts hive mind? 🐝

she did do do an ultrasound and found I had 2 good size follies. I don’t know if it’s bad that she didn’t see more 🤷‍♀️

hope everyone else else is plugging along! 
  • @lucyb1954 also no extra appendages here lol

Its up to you on the estrogen priming. I think 10 days would be worth to try- but you could also try to baseline one month without it. Just be prepared to skip that cycle if your FSH and/or E2 is tool high. If it is too high then you do the 10 days Estrogen priming at the end of that cycle, re- baseline and if ok start stims next time.
    Also i still recommend to try getting baseline on CD2 if you can. Just to get one step ahead of your body...

AFM suffering extreme tiredness from the estrogen patches. So much that I changed my work schedule next week so I don’t have any long drives as it’s not safe. Funny how I had zero effects from the Lupron but estrogen kills me each time!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @emmasemm that’s interesting about the estrogen. It pretty much just made me cry every morning and then I would feel okay 🤷‍♀️ I had another question for you...it strikes me that I don’t really know what an antral follicle is versus other  follicles. You mentioned that the follicles seen on a CD15 ultrasound may not be antral...so what are they? Getting my calendar today 🤓 hopefully I will be able to get in on CD2 for an ultrasound but going to be out of town so it may have to be CD3. Anyway when are you scheduled for transfer? 
  • @lucyb1954 Sorry to hear about the cycle being cancelled however it looks like you have a good plan in place for the next cycle!

@emmasemm How you feeling? Did the tiredness let up? I am sure your transfer is coming up and that will be exciting!

bakerstreetboys How you feeling? Hoping its all been smooth.

@hopefuljj Happy to hear that all is working out with the donor cycle, any estimate on when the transfer will be?

AFM: Just hanging in there while I take this break. Travelling in July and then going to cycle in August!

• @Imajin99 I hope your break is good and helps you reset. Srsly the mental game required for all of this is nuts!

@hopefuljj been thinking about you! I’m reading up more in DE to make me feel less stressed about our next cycle. I hope everything is going well!

@emmasemm hope the estrogen isn’t making you too crazy in the brain 🤪 are you close to transfer day?

I’m up in Victoria BC for a workshop this week and of course my computers motherboard went kaput and it’s my work computer so I can’t have folks other than my in house IT folks fix it. It’s probably my fault... I spilled some coffee on it but then it worked fine for the rest of the day until I tried to live-stream baseball. 

And I’ve been waiting to ovulate so I can start the next batch of estrace and progesterone... when I saw the RE on Thursday I had one follies on each ovary measuring 15mm or so and she said she thought I would ovulate in the next 3 days. Well so far no surge... if it doesn’t happen tomorrow AM I have to find somewhere to get a blood test to make sure we didn’t miss it. 

What a day 🙄 anyone else had this issue with ovulation? I’m crampy and definitely feel it should be happening but no 🎲 so far. 
  • @lucyb1954
    If you started and stopped meds last cycle it can throw out your ovulation a bit the next cycle. This is particularly common with DOR patients. Keep testing and get the blood test worse case. 

You can give antral follicles a Google as some of the RE websites describe them - so the info is reputable.
    But basically these are the follicles that have been “recruited” for a cycle, but which have not yet started to be exposed to the higher levels of FSH, so have not really started to grow. They should be big enough to be seen and with today’s ultrasound equipment if you have DOR they should be able to measure them quite easily. Under 5mm but typically 1-3mm range at baseline. However measuring is not really accurate as it differs per machine and person to person doing it, so that’s why they should check your E2 and FSH on the same day just to make sure that the bloodwork confirms they didn’t start to develop into “norma growing phase” follicles. Follicles as they grow cause estrogen to rise (not sure if they directly produce it or produce something else which makes other cells produce it...). So that’s why it’s important to check E2 as it tells you if what you see on the screen are really antral follicles (which don’t cause estrogen to rise) or already growing ones. 
    By recruited I mean, each month your body pre selects (some say could be 2-4 weeks before your AF starts) the follicles for the next cycle. These are the ones it chooses to become  antral follicles - so the number you could max get is somehow already set in a natural cycle. This is where the estrogen priming works - to stop your ovaries moving onto the stage which causes the selected follicles to become antral in a desynchronized way and allow it to hopefully recruit a few more in that same month.
    The whole feedback loop between hypothalamus, pituitary, ovaries, follicles and endometrial lining is a very finely balanced system. I find it pretty miraculous to be honest.

AFM well my lining Tuesday morning was 11.1mm and trilaminar. Which is record speed even for me after only 6 days of estrogen! I’m nervous it will get too thick and my cause a cancellation. Or something is growing that shouldn’t... let’s see... next US is Friday and we will also do bloods to make sure they are in line with what we see. Wednesday evening I had my first intralipids of this cycle - once again at home, on the sofa in my winter garden in the evening after work - definitely the lowest stress part of the process for me! I’m really hoping on Friday they say we can start progesterone etc on Friday or Saturday evening for a Monday or Tuesday afternoon transfer! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• edited June 2019
    @emmasemm Ooh, you're getting so close!  Fx for Friday's u/s!
  • @emmasemm woot!!! 🌈 that’s awesome! I hope lining grows just right. 

You’re again a font of information. I didn’t realize that’s why they measure your E2 on CD2-3. I tried to get a blood test here in Canada but they told me I needed a Canadian doctors order. But still no surge levels even though my follies were at 15mm a week ago. My RE told me yesterday to just keep testing so I’m going to call her again tomorrow and see what she wants to do. I wonder if we missed it even though I’ve been testing for a week 🤷‍♀️
  • Well - we have a transfer booked for Tuesday!!!!!!!

Went for my ultrasound this morning, and you won’t believe it but due to a storm the entire doctors surgery had no power! No power means no ultrasound! I almost freaked out.
    But then my lovely obgyn called her friend who has a practice the other side of the city and we drove over there together and the two doctors did my scan in her friends practice. Phew! I guess having see her almost every week for over a year makes me a special patient!
    Ultrasound looked good - quiet ovaries, 12mm trilaminar lining...
    Bloods came back with no progesterone as we wanted - but my estrogen is low. It’s weird as my lining is great... so now I’m upping the patches plus taking progynova three times a day. 

All my other meds start tomorrow - then just need to book our flights and off we go!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @hopefuljj. My meds are exactly the same as yours and I start my meds on June 29th!  It will be my first cycle!

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • @emmasemm omg! It’s  finally here!!!! What a story having to drive with your doctor to another office?!? That’s bananas! And somehow so perfectly fitting for all the twists and turns you have already faced.  This is so exciting! Sending all my sticky vibes your way:)

@andreamm31 good luck with your first cycle!!! June 29th will be here in no time!

@lucyb1954 for whatever reason after IVF retrievals I started having extremely delayed ovulation! Like I would ovulate on CD 28!!! And end up with 38-39 day cycles every month!  It drove me mad when cycling cuz I had this extra 10+ days of waiting always, to start the next cycle. It has since gone back to my norm which is ovulation around CD 18 and AF about 11 days later but it was messed up for a long time. 
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @emmasemm all I can say is we will have a best seller after allnis said and done what an experience!  :D I’m so glad you got the extra attention you deserved it’s never a dull moment!! 
    Gkad you were also able to change your work schedule! Hoping you’ll be stress free for transfer and able to relax!! How many are you planning on transferring? So excited for you! Sending extra sticky vibes your way!!! 

@hopefuljj how is your donor doing? Looking for an update not sure if I missed it! Hoping she has an amazing cycle for you with plenty of healthy embabies! Are you doing pgs? A fresh transfer? So very excited for u!!

@bakerstreetboys how r u feeling? How far long are you now? Hoping all is moving along well for u!

@Imajin99 hoping your vacay and break will do u good resulting in a great cycle for u in the summer! 

@lucyb1954 these ivf riad is hard and cancelling sucks so bad but it’s great you get to try again a and have so much extra knowledge of what’s going on to help.  Hopefully hgh will help, I hear it does work well when used, my RE for some reason didn’t allow it so it’s great that you have the option!!!

*****trigger****
    thinking of you all and hoping for the best.  Since it’s June I Wanted to share that my miracle love was actually from my June ivf cycle.  Hoping this month will be successful for all!!!
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• @emmasemm I’m thinking about ya! Yay sticky wishes. Wait that sounds weird but you get what I mean. @hopefuljj I’m thinking about you too, hope your donors cycle went well! Glad I’m not the only one with an effed up cycle after this. Plus I was on the estrace for so long I think it just kind of messed with things and since I haven’t been able to get bloodwork up here in Canada we have no idea what’s going on. I’m slated to just go in for a baseline/cycle check on Monday (depending on what bloodwork indicates) and we’ll  go from there. 
  • @emmasemm You're a few hours ahead, so I will say GOOD LUCK tonight for tomorrow's transfer!  Sending you all the good vibes.
    @lucyb1954 I think I missed something; why can't you get a blood test in Canada?
  • @bakerstreetboys I’m up here for a conference and I’ve been told I can’t get anything done without a Canadian doctors order. We’re headed back down to the US via ferry today but we haven’t quite decided our road trip plan... going from Victoria BC back to Utah. So it’s hard to predict what doctors we’ll be passing on our way. We had been thinking about a cycle with no suppression as well so if my ovaries look alright we might do that. 
  • @emmasemm- I had to come back and check in on you!!! So excited to hear about your transfer!! So long in the making and enjoy every second of being PUPo!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @emmasemm you must be PUPU by now!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @emmasemm omg the long version of your FET is just so so lovely!!!! So glad you took time off to just chill and good to stay somewhat busy:)

AFM: i know a few few people have asked for updates, I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet, I’m waiting on the report of what we have biopsied for PGS and frozen. I find out Friday.   We had 12 growing the day after fertilization. (20 eggs, 16 mature, 12 fertilized and growing the next day).  Feeling pretty nervous and panicked so staying sorta quiet about it all.  Thanks for thinking of me ladies:)
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• @hopefuljj oh I am crossing everything for great results on Friday. This “one week wait” for freeze results is so tough, especially after multiple traumatic weeks like this with OE.
    Thiugh looking at the numbers so far it seems your clinic has tried to balance the quality and quantity with the donor. Come on embryos!!! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @hopefuljj Thanks for updating us!  I’m keeping everything crossed that you get a bunch of PGS normals!  
    @emmasemm I love your transfer day story! Enjoy your TWW off work and keep busy!
    I’m looking forward to updates from you ladies!

AFM, nothing new or exciting to report. I will push to get the anatomy scan done as early as possible, so hopefully in another three weeks or so. Until then, I’ll just hope that little boy keeps growing in there!
  • Dear Wenikilina
    Your Low AMH levels can be due to either premature ovarian insufficiency or age-related dimished ovarian reserve. It can be caused by either autoimmunity or an age-related decline in DHEA levels. Your absolute next step should be to order the book It Starts with the Egg. It will tell you everything and what you can do. The best part about it is she only looks at clinical trials - so you know these things have been proven to work on a large scale of women. The author talks about DHEA levels declining over time, so if you AMH levels are low, this could be an answer. The books was so helpful for us in IVF. The author herself had diminished ovarian reserve and ended up with 19 fertilized after following the protocols from the research.