September 2019 Moms

May Randoms

123457»

Re: May Randoms

• @cateyes543 I failed my 1 hr at 16 weeks and passed my 3 hr.  When Dr said I would be doing the 1 hr again at 24 weeks, I asked to by pass it and go straight to the 3 hr but he said it wasn't possible.  But I'm with you, it is so subjective. I barely passed my 3 hr, pretty sure I am going to have to do it again so I was hoping to save myself at least one orange drink.
  • Loading the player...
  • @cateyes543 & @monkeysmom80 I had asked the same thing but was told that the insurance requires the 1 hour first before doing the 3 hour one.  Thankfully I actually passed my early 1 hour one (which surprised the hell out of me lol) so that was good.  Fingers crossed for when I have to do it again in a few weeks.

Also hello again everyone :-)  Feel like I've been very sporadic with my participation here.  Things just getting busy and will continue to do so through the summer but I do try and poke my head in here :-)

• @zuuls-mom right back atcha lady!!  I'm down whenever... It doesn't seem like there have been too many lurkers coming out to say hi recently, either.  
    Except @LilyASF42 (just kiddin  ;)_ Hey girl!!
  • @RedBreast35 Hey!  ;-)  I know, I know, I suck at this lol 
  • SO ready for private group!
  • @cateyes543 There technically is a 2 hr that is becoming standard in other countries. You just do that. Not sure if anyone does it here. I wouldn't be sure on insurance either since it has a lower threshold (i.e. more costs for them overall)
  • @janat1717 I did the 2 hour post partum to make sure my levels went back to normal.
  • I'm so ready for a PG! I have questions and stuff I want to ask about but it feels weird on a public forum. 

Ugh, got told at my appt today no more Chick-fil-a and OJ on my way in to see them. Apparently it spikes my blood sugars too high and now I have to cut back on carbs. Which makes me want pasta something fierce. 
  • @cheshyre319 No. Cut that doctor! You don’t need that negative energy in your life!!! GET EXTRA CHICKEN NUGGIES AND WAFFLE FRIES NEXT TIIIIME!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 Girl, I'm cracking up at that! Thank you! 
    Waffle fries for life! 
  •  :'(   I was awake from 1:30-5am last night and the coffee machine is out of service at work this morning  :s It's gonna be a rough one!!
    Other than that, happy Friday everyone!!!
  • Random question but does anyone know/remember when you get the completion/discount coupon for Amazon and Target registries? We made them even though we aren’t doing a shower or anything just for the coupon. I moved my due date to like Aug 1 so I can get it sooner. Just wondering when it’s available! 

Also, highly recommend doing this to anyone who may be purchasing larger things or anything really! 10-15% off adds up fast!
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cateyes543 Amazon is 60 days before EDD (and so easy to change to activate it earlier) ☺️
  • I can’t believe the Feb BMB is up! All we have done for this LO is clean out her room! I suppose that’s a start...I need to get our electrician out here, schedule the crown molding (maybe? ugh) and then schedule painting the room. Fudge sticks!!

We literally still have not bought a single thing (besides artwork that’s currently hanging in our hallway...and might not move).
  • @lillywonderland while you’re at it can you schedule them to stop by my house too 😂 
    I have the room, dresser, and crib to paint! 

• @lillywonderland we're in the same boat.  Kid #2 problems, I guess.  I've made a mental list of things we need to get (extra monitor, burp cloths, maybe something pink...) but nothing more.  Sorry baby girl!
  • @RedBreast35 oh man your Friday sounds as good as mine so far... was awake to pee 3x last night, then was up at 3am with the WORST Charlie horse of my life in my calf that would not go away. Finally got back to sleep and DS started screaming at 3:30. So now I’ve been awake since then and realized I have meatballs and a jar of tomato sauce for lunch that just sound awful... I think I’ll order Panera haha

Annnnnd @lillywonderland we have done literally NOTHING for this one! Total second kid problems... no registry, no clothes, haven’t even cleaned the room, haven’t even put brain power into thinking about what I need for her vs. DS! Also need to book airline tickets for one month after the birth and realized I need to put her name on there and it needs to match the birth certificate... hm... that will be interesting! Guess we need to officially pick a name soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ALSOOOOOO YOU GUYS!!! Tomorrow is JUNE!!! Wtf? Where did that come from? Isn’t it like, March?!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 Are you sure you need to put her name on the ticket right now? Are you flying internationally or domestically? We literally added DS to my ticket at the airport before our domestic flight(s) last week. 
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    I am happy I am not the only one who has done almost nothing to get ready for the second child. I keep telling my husband we soon need to clean out the spare room so it can get painted but we both dont do it. 
  • We should *finally* be out of the other house today! I'm ridiculously happy about that. Granted I'm now in the midst of a major downsizing and repacking purge, but that is so much easier to me to deal with.
  •  Add me to the “haven’t done anything yet for the poor second baby“ club. We have cleaned out the room and I guess picked out the nursery theme. That is it, we should probably start doing something! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • @lillywonderland oh really? And they didn’t mind?!? We just always listed DS on our reservations when we made them, when he was a lap child, so I thought we had to! That will make this much easier! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cheshyre319 woo! Yay for no more scary basement laundry!
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @cheshyre319 yay! Plus, downsizing kind of forces you to get into nesting mode by purging and organizing. 

I hear you STM's on not having anything done for this baby, but don't worry too much. I'm a FTM and haven't done anything yet either. I've basically bought a crib and chair and that is it. 

• edited June 2019
    @sunshine2417 Nope, they didn’t mind at all! It doesn’t hurt to double check the airline’s policies but I can say for 100% certainty with American Airlines you can add a lap child when you check in. 

eta

@cheshyre319 Get to unpacking! 😉 So happy you’re happy with your new house

@kgg2241 We welcome you with open arms to the baby procrastination group!! Enjoy your complimentary lemonade! 
  • guys if you feel bad for doing nothing for your second babies, wait until your third....I have done absolutely diddily squat. No theme, no name, nothing....And now that it's nice out we are never home and always have a party or event to attend every weekend. I keep thinking I have plenty of time but it's only 3 months left. When I stop and think of time lines it starts freaking me out.
    I don't even know where to look for furniture since babies r us closed but I need to get on that since sometimes it can take a hot minute for it to be in stock and delivered. 
  • @supermom34482- BRU being out of business is the worst! If they were still here I am sure we would be done and setting up by now because I loved so many furniture sets! I am just so not in love with any I have seen at stores these days! Bring back BRU!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • @supermom34482 we have SO much planned for June and July and tons of travel that I know it’s gonna fly by! I calculated that we only actually have 9 more weekends that we’re actually going to be home between now and baby’s due date, but that still includes like weekends we have BBQs and parties and events to attend and such. All but had a panic attack. And then also... meh. We just need diapers and some clothes washed and the PNP to sleep in set up, right?!? Haha oh man! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add me to the nothing done club. By this point with DS we already had his nursery like 90% done. With this kid, I haven’t even cleaned out her room. We have the crib, but it’s still in the box. Have bought zero decor, and seeing as how we randomly found a name we liked for DS 4 days before he was born, she’ll be lucky to have a name when we leave the hospital. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @supermom34482 @cateyes543 totally agree about being so sad that babies r us gone. I loved it there!! There is a buy buy baby about 25 minutes from us but I just loved babies r us so much more. :( 

@zuuls_mom joining the nothing done club 😭 I am so indecisive on furniture. I like to see it person but they don’t have the sets I’m interested in on display at BBB. I’ll have to pull the trigger on it at some point! 
  • Another proud member of the ‘nothing done’ club. Poor baby 4 - not only have I not done anything nursery related... she gets no nursery. Nothing done... nothing likely to be done. Sorry, girl. 🤣
  • wait.....are we supposed to be doing things for these kiddos right now???  lol  I mean, I've mentally worked out the logistics.  surely that's gotta count for something :-D