March 2019 Moms

Movement Thread...kicks, punches, rolling, etc

Re: Movement Thread...kicks, punches, rolling, etc

• Loading the player...
  • I have been putting DH's hand on the places I feel the baby moving, and every time I do, the baby calms down and stops moving. I think it is soooo sweet! 
  • My husband swears he can now hear the baby moving if he puts his ear up to my belly. I didn't even think that was possible! Really bummed I can't bend my ear to my belly  :D
  • Baby was moving around after my husbands alarm went off so I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly, the little stinker stopped.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The movement I'm feeling this time is so different from last time. Last time it was distinct kicks and elbow jabs. This time it's all rolls and bumps and flip flops. This pregnancy has been pretty different over all, which I find very interesting, but I expected the movement I feel to be the same.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme Mine is really different too! My daughter never stopped moving in there, and this little guy is so laid back I barely feel him at all at 22 weeks. Midwife says it can be difference in position of the baby or placenta, or that the uterus is stretchier from being pregnant already, so there is more room. I know it will pick up soon, but I really want my husband and daughter to be able to feel him on the outside already! And selfishly I want that regular reassurance that he’s doing okay in there! 
  • @maggiemadeit yeah, I wonder if I have a partially anterior placenta because I only ever feel it on the left side and very occasionally on the very low right. I guess I didn't think about the stretchy uterus. I look like I'm 6 months pregnant, but I suppose DD2 is only 20w big.
  • My son never quit moving and his movements hurt. My first daughter moved quite a bit but they weren’t as painful. This one only moves so far really pronounced in the morning and evening where I can feel the movements in my upper belly. During the day the movements are super low, so I don’t know if she goes lower down and snuggles in or what, but as long as I feel some sort of movement it keeps me from having an anxiety attack. 

• 21 weeks tomorrow and DW felt lo from the outside tonight for the first time! Her face was priceless.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • I'm so jealous of all you ladies that can feel your little ones moving. I still have only MAYBE felt my little guy like 3 times total. I'm assuming it's because of the anterior placenta but I really thought I'd be able to feel more of something by now. Enjoy it ladies! 
  • @valentynsi I also have an anterior placenta and am not feeling her move much. We’ll get there though, just a bit more slowly!
  • @valentynsi I have an anterior placenta and I think it prevented me from feeling all of the smaller movements other women were talking about (pops, fish-like movements, etc.). I'm one of the furthest along in this group since I'm due 3/1 and I just started feeling movements about two weeks ago, and they didn't get strong until two days ago. I hope you start to feel it soon, too! 
  • mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited November 2018
    @bug_hunter @valentynsi @lelkcot anterior placenta for me too and I'm right behind bug_hunter, due 3/2. I also never felt flutters or popcorn. It was a rolling for me but I was never confident I was feeling baby because pretty much everyone told me I'd be feeling butterflies. For the past couple weeks, it's evolved into more distinctive jabs and increasingly frequent. Hoping you start feeling it more very soon!
  • @meggyme Mine is like that too! I'll tell DH our baby is kicking but as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, the baby will stop.
  • I'm pretty sure they can hear us in there and can tell when we are talking about them so they all get really still..  Little turds. Haha
  • I think i still have a little too much fluff because she was definitely punching up a storm Sunday night and i had SO's hand on my stomach right where she was kicking and he still didnt feel it  yet. i was a little disappointed, but eventually she will be big enough that this padding wont matter  ;):D
  • I think little one had hiccups yesterday. They were rhythmic jabs and perfectly spaced time-wise. 
  • @navete could be hiccups? Although it still seems early to feel such a subtle movement. It could be baby stretching out, or at least trying to.
  • @meggyme It only lasted a couple minutes and was not rhythmic so probably just stretching. I can’t believe we may be able to feel baby’s hiccups at some point (or that baby even has hiccups in utero) - looking forward to that 😁
  • @navete I think baby gets hiccups from swallowing amniotic fluid (which is normal). My LO had hiccups during my 12-week scan! Of course, I couldn't feel it, but we could see it and the tech said it was the hiccups. Poor little guy, but it was kind of cute.
  • I'm starting to get punches on both sides and sometimes when I try to cross my legs. I'll be sitting with my arm over my belly while talking to a client and next thing I know I'm getting kicked in the arm!

@navete DD used to get hiccups all the time when I was pregnant with her and I've notice at least once with this one so far. They practice breathing and then it just happens. Newborns tend to get hiccups a lot too.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Is anyone at the point where people can feel the baby on the outside yet? 23 weeks and not quite over here, but curious.,,,
  • @zionsmama85 25 weeks and a couple days here and have been feeling baby from the outside for a number of weeks now. DH often puts his ear to my belly to try to hear baby moving and once got a kick to the face! Haha
  • @mayoduck i can't wait to get there LOL. i have had my boyfriend and son putting their hands on my belly for the last few days and its shocking they cant feel anything considering how hard it feels to me LOL. But alas, i will continue to be patient! 
  • @zionsmama85 I'm 25.5 weeks and have also been feeling movements from the outside for a few weeks now and can see my belly moving. Over the last week or so, they have been pretty strong and regular and it seems like he starts kicking almost every time I'm sitting down. It's definitely reassuring and my partner always gets excited when he feels a good jab which makes me happy. I hope you get there soon! 
  • @zionsmama85 I'm sure they will be able to feel the baby move soon but I know waiting can feel like forever! The first time I felt anything from the outside and got my husband to feel it to was while I was lying down in bed. I think lying down stretched my abdomen tighter so it was easier to feel in that position. It wasn't until later that we could feel the baby while I'm sitting too.
  • @zionsmama85 I'm a STM, so I could feel him earlier this time around (15 weeks) and also from the outside at around 19 weeks or so. I guess because my uterus is so stretched out. The only thing is that he likes to play games with DH :smiley: Sometimes when I'm feeling a few strong kicks I call DH to feel as well, and that's when he stops! 

• @zionsmama85 I’m 23+4 and have only been feeling her on the outside for a couple of weeks, and only occasionally. DS and DH have only felt her once! Definitely starting to get stronger kicks!
  • @zionsmama85 I can feel the baby in the outside, but I’m 25w 4d. I’ve been able to feel her on the outside for a few weeks, but it just recently really picked up. 
  • Kenneylynn3Kenneylynn3 member
    edited November 2018
    @zionsmama85 Started to feel baby on the outside at 21 weeks, but only laying flat. Now I'm 23+3 and can sometimes feeling sitting or standing from the outside. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @zionsmama85 I can feel baby boy on the inside pretty regularly now, but kicks hard enough to feel on the outside are still rare and hard to catch. My husband isn’t that patient to wait for them either. 

I was also recently told that my placenta is up front though, which is maybe why I don’t feel as much. 
  • Anyone else getting quite a bit of movement during the day and then almost nothing in the evening? I don’t want to mess with her to get her moving if she’s sleeping, because she should be starting to develop a routine now from what I’ve been reading and if that’s the case she has her days and nights on track so far. 

• Thanks for the comments yall,  I actually recorded my stomach last night while i was laying down to see if she is moving it and caught a definite jump on film....so now i know that my SO and son are just typical men. LOL i guess they won't be wowed until she is 'Alien-ing" around my belly. 

@bdesterhouse They definitely say around this time they get a routine...wouldn't it be nice if the baby came out adhering to that schedule LOL. 

• @bdesterhouse Mine definitely has busy times. Right after lunch and around 4am. Of course no one but me is around or awake at those times to enjoy the baby party! 
  • I'm 25 and a half weeks, and H has been able to feel the baby for three weeks or so. 

@zionsmama85, not saying this is you because you say you can see your belly move on video, but I do think in general early on it's easy to fool yourself into thinking you're feeling the baby when you're really not. You feel it from the inside, and your hand is right over that spot, and so you think you're feeling it on the outside, but you really aren't. Last pregnancy, I'd have H put his hand on a spot, and D would kick right under there, and he didn't feel a thing.