July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/30

123457»

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/30

• @flockofmoosen3 a few of the women on my last BMB changed their FB name to first name, middle name (or fake last name) so that they couldn’t be looked up outside of FB. As long as you lock down your profile in your security settings it makes you pretty incognito. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @flockofmoosen3 I know a lot of people with two facebook profiles just to separate their personal from their professional lives, or people who have changed their facebook profile name to parts of their first and last or first and middle names. 
  • @flockofmoosen3 do it! As far as I know if the group is private nothing can be seen if you're not part of it but I know privacy is still a concern
  • @flockofmoosen3 I think you should! We’d all miss you. But def understand wanting to keep things separate. I’ve def done some BF that I wouldn’t want to get out anywhere. 
  • It is a total ghost town here these days, but alas in order to be reunited with the moral support of the FB I need to be more active on here. I miss lurking, especially now that I’m home with a baby and have “free time” and not busy at work. 

Sweet babe is 3 weeks today and let me get 7 hours of sleep (albeit fractured) last night. Incredible how that much sleep is so foreign that I woke up during the last stretch (2.5 hours after last feeding) thinking something was wrong because I was so well rested. 

She’s also let up on the cluster feeding so I’m feeling optimistic about starting to pump out a stash in the next week. I was too startled to start today because I was able to crank out household chores whereas normally she will only sleep in my arms during the day. Don’t get me wrong, I love the snuggles, but to be able to move hands free was insanely liberating and made me very productive. 

I know way early on we discussed cloth diapers in one of the product spotlights. I’m curious how often you check/change them when they’re this young ? FTM here and we have been doing disposables so I’ve grown really reliant on the blue line indicating the diaper is dirty. 

Apologize for the rambling, like I mentioned before I’m now home with a baby and away from the world as I once knew it so any human contact would be great. =p 
  • It is a total ghost town here these days, but alas in order to be reunited with the moral support of the FB I need to be more active on here. I miss lurking, especially now that I’m home with a baby and have “free time” and not busy at work. 

Sweet babe is 3 weeks today and let me get 7 hours of sleep (albeit fractured) last night. Incredible how that much sleep is so foreign that I woke up during the last stretch (2.5 hours after last feeding) thinking something was wrong because I was so well rested. 

She’s also let up on the cluster feeding so I’m feeling optimistic about starting to pump out a stash in the next week. I was too startled to start today because I was able to crank out household chores whereas normally she will only sleep in my arms during the day. Don’t get me wrong, I love the snuggles, but to be able to move hands free was insanely liberating and made me very productive. 

I know way early on we discussed cloth diapers in one of the product spotlights. I’m curious how often you check/change them when they’re this young ? FTM here and we have been doing disposables so I’ve grown really reliant on the blue line indicating the diaper is dirty. 

Apologize for the rambling, like I mentioned before I’m now home with a baby and away from the world as I once knew it so any human contact would be great. =p 
    With cloth I change at least with every feeding if not more frequently. Sadly my newborn sizes aren’t fitting this LO wellmlike they did my previous daughter - so I’m waiting until she is a little bigger to put her in the regular sized ones.
  • @elizabethrn87 thank you for reading and responding to this! I bought some used Bumgenius Freetime and can see the sizing can be tricky when they’re so little. We are a couple in since I took the plunge after posting in here and nothing has spilled out, but they’re not as snug as they could be so I may do both simultaneously depending on time of day. 
  • @natalie_1989 I remember hugging my non English speaking housekeeper while on maternity leave with DD because I missed adult interaction. I get it!
  • 2 weeks out from my sons surgery and they said if he gets sick take him in immediately and have him treated. Here we are at exactly 2 weeks away and hes getting sick, with what appears to be allergies turning into a sinus infection. Ugh it never fails
  • Oh no @kbernal2021 does that mean they might have to postpone his surgery? I hope they can get it treated quickly! 
  • @zande2016 they said if they can treat him and get it completely clear 48 hours prior to surgery they will continue with it. But if he develops a fever and isnt fever free without meds then they will have to reschedule it. Since he doesnt have fever right now I called his pedi and asked her if I could give him some meds he had here from when he was last sick and she said yes try that and if it doesnt help then tomorrow she will see him and treat a sinus infection if it looks like its heading that route so he has plenty of time for it to clear up since his seem to linger forever. Also school starts next week so I need him to be healthy for that, especially since going in with a weakened system he always picks up everything. So here's to hoping we get it taken care of in the next week!
  • @kbernal2021 I hope your son is doing better today.

AFM, I’m on day 3 of both Zantac for Jake and all help gone. I’ve only cried once after feeling the need to cry for the last 10 days, so I think I’m doing ok. I actually got a little bit of cleaning done today, so that’s a big change from yesterday’s tears and take out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kbernal2021 and @AlwaysMrsS sending positive vibes and energy to both of you! 
  • Thanks ladies. My son has been doing meds like clockwork and it seems like hes still struggling the same it's just moving down into his chest vs his nose. I'm gonna try the meds throughout the week and if its not clear Monday then I'll take him in.
    @AlwaysMrsS is the zantac helping your son?
  • @kbernal2021 a little, maybe. He spits up most of it, so I’m still trying to figure out how to get him to pass it. He still spits up a lot, but he’s nursing better. (He doesn’t fight my breast, he doesn’t break his latch as much). The dr did let me know it would be a slow change, and I wouldn’t know if it was working right away.
  • Birth control question. I started the nuvaring om Wednesday at 6 weeks PP, I am EBF and my dr said it was fine. I vaguely remember using it after DS was born but I had started with the implanon, and tried the patch as well so I want to say I started the NR maybe 4ish months pp(DS is 6 so hard to remember. )Never had an issue with milk supply but I happened to read that it can affect supply and now I'm freaking out thinking I need to take it out fearing my supply will dip. Anyone have issues? For those using bc and ebf what do you recommend? I am HORRID at remembering the pill, and didnt care for the depo, thinking about trying the implanon again?
  • @kbernal2021 I plan on getting an iud again this time. No experience with NR while BFing, it affected my mood pre-kids though even though I was told it was more localized and shouldn’t have much systemic impact. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @natalie_1989 I sent you a PM 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I do not remember my first period after DS being so incredibly painful and heavy. This bleeding is worse than my PP bleeding was. Do the same rules apply here, if you soak a pad in an hour or less then you have reason for concern?
  • @kbernal2021 I would call your doctor just in case. I’m not sure if it’s concerning but if it seems abnormal to you I’d call
  • Here I am braving the recovery of a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for DS while caring for my 2 month DD alone. Really missing this group right about now as much as I am missing my sleep and sanity. I just keep telling myself it will all be over soon.
  • @kbernal2021 come join us on FB! You can make an account just for our group if you’re looking to protect your privacy. I hope your son recovers quickly, I’ve heard it can be pretty painful. Poor kiddo! It’s all temporary, none of this is permanent. You’re doing great! 
  • @kbernal2021 Hang in there. I hope the next fee weeks go by smoothly, and your son is a good patient. Has he started school?
  • @zande2016 I'm considering it, although it's not the privacy factor that keeps me away, it's more of just being away from the social media aspect. So we will see!
    @AlwaysMrsS yes he started school a week prior to his surgery. So him going back will be a bit of a challenge for his recovery since the fluid intake is so important and just so hard to maintain while hes there. So fingers crossed it goes well.
  • @kbernal2021 I hope the recovery for your DS has gone well. What a lot to go through for a little guy! And do think about joining us on fb.