July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/30

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/30

• @catftm2018 yes, I am pretty sure I'm good with just 2 but I do not want to do something we will regret! My husband is such a wimp about medical stuff but he is super eager to do the vasectomy and I'm like hold on, what is the rush!? Birth control worked fine for us before!
  • Re having more littles...Dh is already talking about another one. We both agree we want dd to have a sibling close in age. However I'm still in the "let's see how this first onee goes" phase. He is talking about having the next one once dd turns 1.  :worried: 
    I would get a hysterectomy after the next one (family history of ovarian cancer). 

I'm with you @catftm2018 & @kissableviv I dont want to go on bc. I've had horrible issues each time, however it may need to happen until I am ready to get pregnant again since dh is already anticipating sex once we have the go ahead. He'll be like a kid in the candy store. 

Dd woke up every 2.5 hours lastnight. It seems like every time I finally was in a deep sleep, she was fussing. Dh is on his second day of a class so, he has not been around to help me. Luckily he will get a day off tomorrow, so hopefully he'll pull night duty while I get to sleep. "Hopefully" being the key word.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • My PP appointment is next week and I plan to discuss bc while there. I liked the nuva ring best after having DS and trying multiple bcs until I found what worked for me. But I need to see what my dr wants to do since I was originally scheduled for a saline sonogram when I found out I was pregnant. My dr has been open about wanting to revisit that when the time comes and not sure if bc plays a roll in anything with that. DH says no way on a vasectomy and I definitely wasnt open to a tubal after birth simply because I am parenting aand have had to recover alone. But yes vasectomies are reversible however the longer it's done the less likely the reversal will work. That being said I have a friend who had one done after having 3 daughters, kept it for 3 years and then had it reversed. Dr tested to see how effective it was and only one side was producing anything. He is on his 8th child now! 
  • @zande2016 Good luck with the procedure! Fx that it solves your issues. 

I’d been on the same bc pill for ten years or so, and it worked well for me with minimal side effects so I’m planning to go back on it. My midwife suggested that going back on it sooner rather than later could also help with my oversupply issues, so I may start it as early as this weekend (waiting a bit longer to see if my supply regulates itself at all first). 
  • I want nothing to do with more hormonal bc. I went through 3 before I found one that didn’t make me break out like crazy, in the end it still made me gain weight and my sex drive dropped. Even after I got off of it when we started trying for DS it took over 6 months for my cycles to return to normal. Ultimately we’ll probably NFP/pull and pray until we’re ready for #3. Then he’ll get the big snip  :D
  • @kissableviv glad that LO is being such an easy baby today, sounds great.

@noideawhatshesdoing I know a lot of couples that are/were one and done and it has worked well for them. Also, I am an only child. Do what feels right for you and your family.

I will however admit that although I had a very happy childhood, my experience as an only child strongly influenced me to not want DD1 to be an only child. But that's just my experience.

I'm surprised by how many of you are in no rush to get on any type of birth control! I would be terrified haha! DD1 was a surprise while I was on the pill and with DD2 I had a positive pregnancy test in hand less than a month after having my IUD removed. I am getting an IUD again ASAP.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No hormonal bc for me. I’m done with that, we’ll do a combo of NFP, condoms, pull out, and when we are 100% sure we’re done we’ll prob do the big V (sorry H). I had a 2 weeks postpartum the other day and my midwife asked what I want to do for BC, I told her just condoms, she didn’t say anything except to remind me when you’re BF, you ovulate before your period comes back so just be careful of that. 
  • zande2016 said:
    No hormonal bc for me. I’m done with that, we’ll do a combo of NFP, condoms, pull out, and when we are 100% sure we’re done we’ll prob do the big V (sorry H). I had a 2 weeks postpartum the other day and my midwife asked what I want to do for BC, I told her just condoms, she didn’t say anything except to remind me when you’re BF, you ovulate before your period comes back so just be careful of that. 
    EXACTLY MY PLAN. I can already see my OB pushing some IUD crap on me but I'm terrified of those things even though I know they are perfectly safe and they work for lots of women. At 35 I'm done with hormonal BC, even though I have no issues at all with the pill (minus the crap sex drive which is kind of a big one lol)
  •  At 35 I'm done with hormonal BC
    Is age a factor? Just curious as I'm also 35 and never considered any relationship between age and BC.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahaha! Pull and pray! That’s been our method for years (minus the wedding stint of BC) and it has worked fine. I’m just very in tune with my cycle and more careful around my most fertile days. 
  • Preparing to sale our home and move 9 hours away which means we are downsizing. I cant do a garage sale by myself with 2 LO's so I'm donating everything we aren't taking with us, in my purging I found all of DS baby clothes and never thought I would have such a hard time letting them go. They're all so sweet and I remember him wearing so many of them and I'm just giving them away. So hard!!
  • @runsomewhere some risk factors of BC tend to increase after 35 although since I don't smoke or have high blood pressure it would not apply to me. I mostly said that because I've been on BC on and off (mostly on) since age 17 and considering baby #2 is now a possibility and sooner rather than later I just don't want to put my body through more hormones when I would need to quit before a year anyways (or close to that). And if after #2 DH gets a vasectomy then I can be done being a slave of BC in general! Yay!
  • I totally did not even consider the vastecomy being reversible! 

Glad im not along regarding BC! 

@kbernal2021 I’m always trying to downsize so I can only imagine how you feel about LO’s clothes. Maybe Pick out a few items that you really love to save. (That might help!)
  • We are definitely done having babies.  I've had five babies (and have 4 living children) and my body is done with pregnancy lol.  I know I will miss the pregnancy/baby stage since I love it but 4 kids is enough for us!  In the past, I never go back on BC after baby because we are always planning on another and my cycle doesn't usually come back until a year PP if at all (and I have PCOS and we have always used fertility treatments to get pregnant).  Although with this pregnancy, we got pregnant on our own.  I don't want to go back on hormonal BC and I'm always concerned it will affect my milk supply.  So DH says he's getting a vasectomy.  He hasn't made an appt yet but he should probably get on that soon.  We will just use condoms until that is completely done.  I know there is like a 3-month window after the procedure that you have to use some form of BC to make sure it worked.  It is weird to actually feel "done" though.  I was worried I would never feel that way!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kbernal2021 downsizing can be good! But I can imagine it's so hard to get rid of those precious baby clothes!

I swear if my mom asks one more time "is he eating" while I am breastfeeding I'm going to lose it lol. Yes he is swallowing thanks for micromanaging my boobs...
  • I'll go back on the mini pill until I am done breastfeeding. We will have at least one more kiddo and probably try and space them out the same way. 

Both girls had dr appointments this week,two days apart, but probably better that way. glad to have them done before I go back to work next week. I am really nervous and a bit anxious since it is 6 weeks earlier than i went back last time. Thankfully i have a low client load for most of august so while that is hard financially it helps me ease back in which is good.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Good luck with the transition @lindsayleigh1989! I went back at 6 weeks with my first and it was tough but I also eased into it, which helped. It’s never easy leaving these babies. 
  • Congratulations @SmashJam!!!
  • Congratulations to the recent new mamas!!
  • Congrats @SmashJam, what a cutie!
  • Ugh H acts like he automatically gets to stay sitting on the couch because he’s holding the baby (who is awake). Guess i have an excuse for not doing anything while i stay home with baby and he works. Baby holding is the new man cold.
  • Congrats @SmashJam little Bernie is adorable!!
  • @smashjam congrats!!!

No clue what we’ll do for birth control. I really don’t want to go back on the pill though.

Also not sure about more kids. We’ll see how things go with the first one lol I was an only child and always said I wanted more than one. But today was HARD. LO was fussy and gassy and didn’t want to be put down. He also wanted to nurse constantly and had SO MANY poopy diapers (including a mini blowout) I hardly ate anything and I was just drained by the end of the day. Luckily my mom came over and made it all better. Moms are the best...I so hope to be as great as mine someday. 

• @SmashJam congratulations!! My twins were obsessed with Shine when it first came out...I’m going to play it fir them again tomorrow to see if they’ll still dance like crazy when they hear it. It was our magic tantrum stopper for a while. 

AFM I’m getting a Mirena atnmy 6w appointment. I had a copper iud pre-babies but I found I reacted well to the mini pill between pregnancies so I’m going to try the Mirena out. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats @SmashJam!

on the topic of bc, I was asked at my last 5 ob appts what my plan was for bc. I had the same answer every time! I was stopped from taking the combination pill about 4 years ago due to migraines with aura and a risk of stroke. I was then switched to the Mini pill which was terrible, no sex drive, bad acne, gained weight and just didn’t feel like myself. I stopped that cold turkey and we stuck with condoms and pull out which worked for us for two years before we started trying for baby. I had been on the combo pill for over ten years and now that I can only do progestin only or the iud, I’d rather not.  I know the iud is safe but it freaks me out. 
  • Yay! Congrats @SmashJam

Sorry if I missed this but is anyone else gettinf really nauseous? Im getting this almost every evening but it is usually pretty mild. Tonight it is awful. ugh I just want to sleep
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Congratulations @SmashJam!! The wait is over!

@zande2016 good luck with your LO's procedure. Fwiw, there was basically no "recovery time" for DS's tongue tie snip and hardly a drop of blood. Even at 5 days old it took him a couple days to relearn how to latch correctly tho.

DH and I went out to dinner tonight for the first time since DD2 was born and it was awesome. Thanks mom and dad!! While we were out, we agreed that mom, while generally helpful at times, also adds so much stress and it's good that her visit ends next week. Like, today around lunch time she made no effort to feed the kids while I was occupied with nursing baby. When I finally asked if the kids ate (I knew they didn't) she said no, but she already had her bread and coffee so she was good. I had to really bite my tongue on that one, and then go prepare lunch for the kids myself. She's here to help me, but now that my dad and brother are here she just kind of stopped helping. The house isn't getting cleaned like it was before (fine), she avoids activities with DS (not cool), and apparently now doesn't feed them unless I ask. Also, DS woke me up from my much needed nap today and when I mentioned it to my mom, she was like, yeah I could hear him. So...you nag on me all the time to get sleep and when I could use your help occupying DS you ignore it. I wish my MIL was here instead. She actually plays with both of my kids. Can't wait for Grandma Camp at her house later this month.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 thanks, I’m hoping it’ll be easier than my older son’s, his recovery and then learning to BF properly was a long journey. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 yes to the nausea. I was very nauseous since we got home from the hospital up until last week. I don’t really know why, I assumed it was a mix of exhaustion, breastfeeding and not eating enough/or drinking enough water. I also had no appetite which I think didn’t help. I randomly still get nauseous now too. So weird! 
  • @flockofmoosen3 my mom came for like a week, 2 weeks ago. She changed maybe 1 diaper. And literally fell into the same bad sleep/cycle as me and DS. She kept saying she’d make dinner one night, and I even showed her what meats we have in the freezer. She never cooked (she’s not the doting kind of mom) but I thought since she offered, she’d do it. But nope, I enjoyed spending time with her myself, but she mainly helped hold my LO while he slept. So I completely understand your frustration. 
  • Congrats @SmashJam!  He’s precious!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I get nauseous with my first letdown when BFing. Same thing happened last time!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @zande2016 Hope the tongue tie procedure goes well today! Still so sorry we have to put these littles through that, but DS is already nursing better. These dang stretches are killing me though, he hates them so much and even though the doc says DS is not in pain and just pissed off that my fingers are in his mouth, I cry each time.