October 2018 Moms

Randoms 7/19

12345679»

Re: Randoms 7/19

• Just found out one of my assistants got approved for Time off through fmla starting the first week of September, needing 4 to 6 weeks off. That puts him coming back the week of my due date. My other assistant is on the verge of quitting (no loss there but I still need a management team). 

Now I'm even more stressed about work than I was before. And I now have to hire twice as many people over the next three weeks that I had originally planned.
  • Loading the player...

• @DunkinDecaf same in regards to sugar drink having no effect.  Although I found my daughter's Easter candy that I wouldn't let her eat and have been downing jelly beans like nobody's business

@mytrueloves umm the little black and orange one is absolutely gorgeous
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Three complete strangers in the last 2 days have told me I’m having a boy because of how I’m carrying. It’s just such a weird thing to do! I’m sure they are just being friendly and I don’t really care but it’s just bizarre! Also now I really hope it’s a girl so they’ll all be wrong.
  • @rc-cola I get told pretty frequently that it’s a boy because of how I’m carrying. I’m having a girl and when I tell people that they tell me that the tech could have been wrong. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 that’s so ridiculous!
  • @purplegoldfish2 Ugh, really? I mean sure, it’s possible. But they don’t just look for the absence of boy parts, they need to see the girl parts to declare a girl. People are so ignorant, it’s hilarious. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• KFrobKFrob member
    @purplegoldfish2 I have the same thing happen.  Even after I tell them we did DNA testing...
  • Someone told me in my last pregnancy because I was carrying high, it was definitely a girl. It was a boy. Now my belly is low and it's a girl. There is just no way to know by looking at someone! 
  • @purplegoldfish2 same, but opposite! People keep telling me how small and tiny I am for being almost 29w, but I am measuring perfectly on track (fundal height wise), thank you very much. I'm taller with a long torso so I have a lot of room for baby to stay more hidden.
  • @jemmerjams Kind of jealous of you - less skin stretching, less chance of diastasis, less back pain... carrying everything out front is no joke! Although I know a lot of ladies would have loved to look pregnant as early as I did and you probably had to wait a while to see anything.
  • @mytrueloves Sooooo cute!!  <3<3<3<3<3
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2018
    @purplegoldfish2 yup, I popped out around 25-26 weeks, and really popped like at 27-28w. I looked bigger before, but not so much as to obviously be pregnant. Must have looked weird to see me waddling but not showing much haha. Basically was the deciding factor in not bothering with a maternity shoot-by the time I will look "pregnant enough" it would be like mid to late August, and I don't want to be 32-34w pregnant taking photos when it's 100F out lol.

And don't feel too jealous, I think I am carrying a bit in the front now, so I have back pain non stop now. 
  • @purplegoldfish2 I have the same body type. And people seem similarly shocked when I say I’m due October 3rd. It’s not THAT far off. Anyway, these random people need to keep their comments to themselves. I guess the silver lining is I started getting offered seats on the subway pretty early on.
  • rc-cola said:
    @purplegoldfish2 I have the same body type. And people seem similarly shocked when I say I’m due October 3rd. It’s not THAT far off. Anyway, these random people need to keep their comments to themselves. I guess the silver lining is I started getting offered seats on the subway pretty early on.
    I just started getting some leeway on the subway this past week. I’m only 28 weeks. I’ll take it!
  • @ jemmerjams I had random strangers congratulating me at something like 16 or 18 weeks. They weren’t even questioning if I was pregnant, just throwing out random congratulations because it was pretty obvious.

@rc-cola October 24 here... seems like forever away!  I saw somebody today that said she was due August 14 and I was a little jealous that she was almost done (in an I wish it was October kind of way, not an I want this kid out now kind of way).
  • I'm right there with those of you shocking people with your belly. I've definitely gotten quite a few comments of "any day now?" lately. DH is always quick to step in with a "No honey, you're so skinny." which always makes me laugh. I know that I show more than most people because of the whole short torso + narrow hips thing, but I still don't think I look like I'm close to 40 weeks. My belly is still pretty pointy and has a lot of rounding out to do in the next few months. 
  • You guys are certainly making me not want to go out!! I definitely look there with twins so I have that excuse at least..
  • I also keep getting “ah you’re due sooooo soon!” Nope, mid October thanks! Being short really has its disadvantages. Oh well. 

Also, every single person (strangers alike) keep telling me that I’m having a boy. ONE person today told me it was a girl and I actually smiled bc I haven’t heard it yet. I have no clue what this kid is. I thought my daughter was 100% a boy and she def wasn’t. I also totally thought this Baby was a boy until like last week so I’m probably wrong again. I’ll be genuinely surprised either way...so exciting! 

Anyone watching anything good on Netflix or on-demand? I need something for nap time. 
  • @estellegetty Moana? Coco? If you like ridiculousness and dry humor, DH and I have been watching Schitt's Creek (with Eugene Levy). It's absolutely ridiculous, but we're hooked. 
  • Nobody knows I'm even pregnant most of the time and it makes me so sad
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mamabearcj I agree with @bntfroggie I wouldn't be able to guess from your HDBD pic that  you're pregnant with twins. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @bntfroggie @britvahok thanks ladies!!  <3 they're definitely in there lol oddly enough the only comment I've gotten is from my mom and she said it's not that I look pregnant with twins, but that I look full term with one so can't wait to see how big I get as we get closer to October!!
  • @sammierose464 that is SO cool! Little creepy but still mostly cool! They are a big company but they do a pretty good job of taking care of everyone without feeling big! 
    Their customer service is phenomenal. I get Christmas cards from them. I've heard stories of people calling to return a product because their pet died. They were told to donate the food to a shelter and they would refund. 

Recently I've seen one person who contacted them to cancel after their pet passed away, and was sent flowers. Another contacted customer service because an item arrived broken, and she shared the conversation- the rep was really cool and caring about her pet (snake). I'm definitely leaning towards using them in the future.
  • @estellegetty we just finished Good Girls on Netflix....it was actually really good! Only 1 season so we binged it fast but worth a watch for sure. 
  • That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking, @cdepperschmidt!