October 2018 Moms

Randoms 7/19

skipped a week. I'm the actual worst at this 

DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 7/19

• Loading the player...
  • @SawyerRichardson safe travels!! MI is going to get rain all weekend though :(
  • @SawyerRichardson glad DD is feeling better for your trip!! Safe travels!!
  • @chopchop25 I don't think you had mentioned yesterday you passed the test. yay!! 
  • @SawyerRichardson Safe travels! That's a long car ride with just you and DD.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @chopchop25 yay for passing!  What’s your fav restaurant that you went to? I’m always looking for new suggestions.. 
  • @chopchop25 we also had DQ last night!! I was seriously graving a chocolate dip cone. 
  • @mamabearcj Oh boy. College kids are fun. Lol

@SawyerRichardson Safe travels!

I’m having the worst day. I legit just want to walk out of work and drive aimlessly. Every time I think my life is coming together, something happens to remind me that it’s a mess. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• lest12lest12 member
    Hugs, @krzyriver - if it's any help I feel like that too sometimes.  There's always just so much going on.  Any chance you can get some down time to yourself tonight or this weekend?

image        image

• TW

H’s coworker passed away a couple days ago after a really long battle with breast cancer and I feel so badly for her husband and kids. Her sons are elementary age and I just wish there was something I could do. Doesn’t help that I’m pretty sure her husband thinks I’m an anti-Semitic asshole because I totally failed at telling a funny story from a stand up special (which isn’t anti-Semitic at all but according to H I told it wrong and it totally came off that way) after a couple glasses of wine at a company Christmas dinner like 5 years ago. Definitely one of my top 3 most humiliating memories. Her husband kept making pointed anti-catholic jokes at the Christmas party after that while staring at me (I’m catholic) and it was so embarrassing. I mean I don’t think anyone else caught it as him having been upset with me about it but that’s definitely what it was.

Anyway. We have the memorial this weekend and H is really upset about it obviously and I wish there was anything useful I could do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf aw man I'm so sorry to hear. That's rough. Don't stress about the Christmas Party stuff, 5 years is a long time, i'm sure he's over it! 

Maybe you guys can just offer to help with his kids here and there if he needs it! 

Poor kiddos losing their Mom so young tho  :(
  • @nasalot188 they live about an hour and a half away so we really wouldn’t be able to help much, but I guess I could offer for occasional babysitting or something. Idk. I just feel so terrible for him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited July 2018
    @DunkinDecaf don't beat yourself up! I like the idea of sending a GC for some takeout or grocery delivery, or sending some freezer meals.

@pumpkinpancke I'm sure you've tried it :) Tasty & Alder. That radicchio salad is EVERYTHING.

edit to add: @bntfroggie I am so sorry for your cousin! Hope everything goes well with this embryo!

Work stupidness continues. I was telling this girl how to prep for an interview for our program, and that she should be comfortable being uncomfortable in the room setup. I talked about how I made a comment, and how my friend just stood up bc she didn't find the setup natural. She pivoted this to tell our other friend in the program that I said that the friend who stood up didn't do well. And now it looks like I'm talking shit about one of my closest friends, which is a big values/moral ground for me as is. So now I have to go back to that girl today without totally rattling her pre-interview to clean up this shit. I DON'T WANT YOU IN THE PROGRAM NOW B*TCH. Lucky for her, I don't have a say.
  • @lest12 Usually yeah, I'd get a ton of alone time Thursday nights and it would just be me and Z on the weekend. But of course H's soccer game is cancelled for tonight and he'll probably be off all weekend. Maybe I can get him to take Z Saturday and I can get some me time. I just need to be away from everyone and recharge. @DunkinDecaf I'm so sorry about your H's coworker. We lost my MIL to cancer last year and one of H's closest friends was just given a year. Just hearing the word makes me sick and I never know how to be there for my H.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Our upstairs tenants are having guests today and I'm in the worst possible mood. The noise in the hallway literally makes me want to take a baseball bat to everyone running past my door. She was at least kind enough to inform me ahead of time, but this pregnancy has me so irritable given the fact that I can barely sleep due to the constant hip and back pain. I can't wait to close on our new house so we can finally be in a single family home. 
  • @bntfroggie Right!? That’s what I said! I don’t know how you could miss the giant flips that make everything inside rattle and how you can possibly still fit in your clothes or even roll over normally at night...this is my first time being pregnant and I can confidently say I would have never been able to miss the signs, but i guess it does happen...
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @krzyriver aw I’m so sorry. I hope your friend is the exception and their estimate is wrong.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • After the first person we got split so he was with the students and I was with the parents... I played pokemon go the rest of the time. It was beyond boring...
  • @KFrob that’s crazy, please don’t tell me that! 

@chopchop25 I’ve actually only been there for brunch but never for dinner. We really liked it
    for brunch anytime we’ve gone, so I should give it a try sometime for dinner too!  Sorry about your work drama too. 

@DunkinDecaf sorry about your H’s coworker. It’s hard to know what you can do to help sometimes, but just making a gesture is sometimes enough. 
  • tlmilltlmill member
    Someone get me out of TX, pronto. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tlmill it's supposed to be 102 (still with 30% humidity) a couple days this weekend in Houston. Not ever leaving the house.
  • @kiwi2628 yess!!! I went to visit family in NC and FL last july and thought I was going to die... i couldn't imagine living down there
  • tlmilltlmill member
    Yeah it’s supposed to be 108 on Saturday. I’m not enjoying this at all. I’ve lived in Texas my whole life but I still can’t get used to the brutal summers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tlmilltlmill member
    @kiwi2628 in Texas we consider 80 to be a nice cool front :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tlmilltlmill member
    @kiwi2628 oh no I totally accept that lol. We get like 1/4” of snow and we shut schools
    down. We’re wimps when it comes to the cold. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2018
    @kiwi2628 oh yeah, the wool coats come out of the closet when it gets below 50F. I mean, why be cold when you could be warm?
  • it's unfair that in one year i have to deal with -10* and 100*. 
  • Thats how MI gets @chyvie. and winter lasts for months. by April I just want it to be 40*... at least.