October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 6/9

1234568»

Re: Randoms 6/9

• Options
    I had a terrible case of chicken pox as a kid. I think I was 5. I was in the hospital for a week and also had pneumonia. I remember that I was in a "cage" (the bed had metal bars all around it) and I was in the hospital over Easter. An Easter bunny came to visit me and brought a basket, but it was so obviously a weird dude in a pink bunny suit that I was a little traumatized and never believed in the Easter bunny again.

I haven't had shingles, but my best friend had a minor case of shingles at about 30, so I'm pretty terrified. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chicken pox can cause scarring. I have a couple scars on my face from when I had them because I was only 9 months old when I got them and my parents couldn’t really prevent me from scratching. Also as people have said if you never get them you can’t get the shingles, which are very painful. Just because it’s not a fatal disease doesn’t mean it’s unimportant to vaccinate for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I also had chicken pox twice. Once when I was like 2 and it was super mild and then when I was 13. I have 2 scars on my face from then. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves omg that would be scary! 
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I had chicken pox twice as well. Once when I was 18 months and then again when I was 10. Fun times! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I had chicken pox when I was 2 or 3. My parents sent me to the neighbors to play with their kid who had it so I would get them and "get it over with." 
  • Options
    I had chicken pox when I was like 16 months old, and then actually had shingles myself when I was like 10 or so. My pediatrician was surprised since it’s pretty rare to get it as a kid. Let me tell you, it really sucked. I was in such pain from it. Definitely will be getting all the vaccines for my kids, and hope they never have to deal with that or anything else that can be prevented.
  • Options
    Ugh shingles are the worst! I've had them twice! The first time I was I think 12. My friend is in her mid 30s and has had them look 5 or 6 times now I believe. It's crazy :/
  • Options
    I had shingles a few years ago on my 30th bday! It was awful!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018