October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 6/9

Re: Randoms 6/9

• Options
    DH cleared out our random guitar room/2nd office/junk room this weekend, and now we just have some of my stuff left! We also relooked at nursery furniture and living room couches and changed our mind again on what we are getting. FYI up to 20% off baby/kids stuff at crate and barrel until the 18th of June!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited June 2018
    Also January got a ramzi theory post, and apparently, she'd went to February and posted it there too. 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12730043/can-anyone-please-guess-gender-according-to-ramzi#latest

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12730044/request-someone-to-guess-gender-according-to-ramzi#latest

Eta: Actually she must've started on Feb. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    I need someone to talk me down - my anatomy scan is tomorrow afternoon and now that it’s so close I want to cave and find out the sex even though we’ve said up until now we’re going team green this time as it’s our last. 

I caved with DS too but knew I wanted to find out weeks in advance of my u/s - I thought I was over the hump on impatience!

DH wants to stay team green and I’m wondering how feasible it would be at this point to remain the only one that knows! Ugh, damn my curious nature!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @babyptobe Thanks! I just have such a need to do *something* related to prepping for this baby, pretty much every day and organizing things helps with my anxiety. I wish I had more things to spreadsheet / list lol
    I also get satisfaction out of knocking things off my to-do list, even though it's crazy early. Like I just set up the bassinet in my designated nursing area because the spot happened to become empty. And today DF got our car detailed so we're taking the opportunity to install the car seat base in the car. And since we're installing the car seat base, I figured now's a good a time as any to prep the car seat. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @elothair stay strong! My mom found out with my little sis (my dad did not) but he totally knew based on all the little slips. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I love how organized you are. I’m with you on lists... I’m that person who adds things to my lists that I’ve already done just so I can cross them off! 

@elothair you can do it! It’s your last chance, it will be such an awesome moment when you 
    and DH find out together! 
  • Options
    Is anyone else’s dog being more of a jerk lately? Our dog hasn’t acted out for over a year (he is 2) and over the past two weeks he has ran away, eaten two remotes, a plate of brownies and a bunch of banana muffins. The timing seems to match up to my symptoms changing and a growth spurt for baby, but really?!
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 my moms dogs have been acting out horribly lately!! They got into DHs lunch box and he had to buy a new one, they've been getting into the trash to the point where we have to start using the baby gate again to block it off. They dug into my mom's backpack twice last week and ate whatever snacks they could find. They always have food and water and get treats pretty regularly so I'm shocked They've been acting out so much recently. I can't even sit next to my mom on the couch without them wiggling in between or on her lap.
  • Options
    @mamabearcj so weird! I know pets are supposed to be able to sense things with pregnancy, but I sure wish acting out wasn’t a part of it. I’ve even been bringing him to the dog park more Incase it’s just an increase in energy! 
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 our 12 year old dog gets more crotchety each day, and our 2 year old dog gets more needy and clingy. 
  • Options
    I am a planner so it’s the lack of ability to plan very far out that irks me. That and we are having a hard time with names as is - if we eliminated a sex it might make it slightly easier. Also I’m impatient and not good at waiting for surprises once I know they’re happening!

I do think the day of the birth is way more exciting if you don’t know and likely gives you some extra motivation to push - and not knowing is super curbing my tendency to over spend which is nice. 

I just need to let the first words out words out of my mouth to the tech be ‘don’t tell me and don’t let me change my mind’!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So my mom texted me this morning to tell me she just ordered the car seat and stroller at Nordstrom (because points!)...and then immediately texted me back saying oops, someone had already bought the carseat thru my BBB registry anonymously. Pretty sure my MIL is the only other person who knows about my registries and DH just told her about them Sunday. This is what my mom gets for procrastinating, and not buying the carseat thru the BBB registry! She was so set on buying both the carseat and stroller lol. Also, I've learned my lesson about not keeping my registries private right now! I have a lot of tentative items and I didn't think anyone would be buying something so early! I think DH and I are going to hit up BBB again this weekend and add more stuff because it's pretty bare bones. So overwhelmed! 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams If you have a close friend who is a STM let her look at your registry and make suggestions. I've looked at several friends registries and had them remove the useless items and add must have items. It helps to take away some of the stress!  :)
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @britvahok ah, alas, I am the first of my friends and family to have children! Well, I've had cousins who had kids 18 years ago, so not so relevant now haha.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams Check out lucieslist.com, there's a lot of helpful info!

https://www.lucieslist.com/

• Options
    @mytrueloves omg show us your lists! (So I can steal them)
  • Options
    @coffee-saur I wonder why she's only engaging on Jan and not engaging in her Feb post. Weird.
  • Options
    WTAF!!! That's disgusting!!!!

• Options
    @chopchop25 that's the norm in other forums. Lots of "OMG LOOK AT MY BLOODY PAD AM I SPOTTING?!?!" type stuff. Bleghhhh
  • Options
    I think it was back when I was here for O16, someone posted a picture of their mucus plug when it came out. Not in my BMB, but someone found it while lurking elsewhere. I refused to go look at the thread until the pic was removed by the admins!!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Ew That's just gross.
  • Options
    @chopchop25 ew who does that?!?
  • Options
    LOL so i would absolutely never post a pic of my mucus plug on a BMB....but that did make me laugh as my sister and I texted each other ours....we are very close haha. Gave each other play by plays of what our bodies were doing  :D
  • Options
    About the dogs acting up: have you started moving things/prepping space for baby? Because they could also be reacting to changes in the home. New items, things moved, etc. I think that's a trigger for animals in general and they tend to take that nervous energy out in not the best ways. +1 to get more energy out with them. 

Mine have been ok, this is the second. Plus we're moving now and that's a whole thing as well. So they're in a constant state of flux at the moment, so that's become normal... perhaps? 
  • Options
    I overdid it today. I spent the day going through boxes and moving them around. I sell at events and have a big one coming up so was going through stock. I am so sweaty and gross. I am SO very thankful dinner is pretty much frozen leftovers.. Little prep needed but not too bad. I will not be doing much tonight after that! 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth take it easy tonight!

About the dogs...I've been wondering how early to setup the house to prep them for a new layout. We'll be moving their bed/quiet spot to a quieter corner that's further from the people (which they won't like) to put the pack and play in. I don't want to do it insanely early, but do want to give them time to adjust. Any opinions?
  • Options
    I don't have dogs, but yes my cat went nuts when we started bringing things in the house and setting up for Z. He was actually hospitalized because his anxiety caused such bad urinary problems. And he was peeing everywhere. He started peeing again just the other day, although that could be from the move since nothing is set up for the new baby yet. The crib is in the house but it's not assembled.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015