July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 5/28

123457»

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/28

• nimmlenimmle member
    @kissableviv Doooo IIIIIITTTTT!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MichelleAG05 I wish. I hate those checks but I would really prefer to start them sooner this time. My office doesn't really do them until the last few weeks. I've been getting so many Braxton Hicks which is completely unconcering, but now they're coming with a bunch of pressure  (still not timeable) and lower belly/ back cramping. This kid is just REALLY freaking looooow and it makes me so nervous. I'm sorry it made your contractions worse, though. That sucks. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    @d_marie_23, I hate those checks, too--so much more uncomfortable when you're pregnant, ugh. 

@zande2016, fx that you'll be able to be in a situation with less stress soon!
  • @zombiehoohaa I'm so behind, I only just had a chance to read about the dog situation. BIL is a serious problem, SIL needs to put some tough love into action and kick him out. He's setting up a dangerous situation for his own kid, and to bring a new puppy into the mix that is already not being well cared for and then adding your own family into it is frightening. Besides the flea issue, what if the boxer ends up being aggressive not just to the puppy but also now to people? BIL needs to get his act together and some people can't do that until they are forced to. I like @foxbaby2016 's suggestion of calling animal control for a home check if you're not comfortable keeping the puppy. Personally I wouldn't give the puppy back, but I see red when those that can't speak for themselves are neglected or abused. I don't think I live anywhere near you, but if I did, I'd offer to take the puppy. I have two rescue dogs myself, and it breaks my heart to think people don't understand how to care for an animal. Sorry you're going through such a hard spot right now, I wish I had something truly useful to say. Do what is best for you and your family. That is the priority.
  • @zombiehoohaa I also love @foxbaby2016 's idea of calling animal control and blaming it  on the vet when BIL wonders why it happened. Best of both worlds, hopefully something happens with the dogs and you don't have to directly call out the BIL. I have employed the "call the authorities and play dumb about why they show up" game as well and I must say it usually works out ok for me, lol!
  • @rachelsogo I was given a version of the Z pack. I can’t remember what it is called. They told me it was safe for baby but I don’t think they really have solid studies out for any of those meds. My fever was climbing though and I thought the risk of medication put weighed the risk of me being so sick. 

I got a stomach virus last month and now strep. I don’t wanna get sick.

To add on to the cervix check conversation, at my 40 week appointment with DS, I was not dialated at all. I was about 60% effaced, which meant progress but it was not like they could say when it was all going to happen. I went into labor at 40 weeks and 5 days. So I don’t think I will opt for a check any earlier than they require one.
  • @SmashJam - DD will only eat the top of the donut too!  I've seen kids lick the frosting off, but she legit pinches off the top half of the donut and eats it along with the frosting, then leaves the bottom half.  I find it the strangest thing!  

Donuts sound amazing, but I don't really love Dunkin or Krispy Kreme and those are the only places open later in the day around here.  Plus, I just had a giant fried catfish plate at lunch and am now stuffed.
  • Regarding packing a hospital bag, I know you're supposed to do it in advance but I use like 90% of the stuff I need to pack daily. The main things I'm packing are laptop, chargers and toiletries for me and DH. I'll also get some snacks for hubby. I guess I could wash and pack a going home outfit and some clothes for me. It just seems like a last minute job to me  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere Same on some things I need to pack I use daily. I packed the things I need or want, like specific shirts or pants to come home and the baby's outfit. Also, meds and med supplies for me since DH would have trouble figuring that stuff out if I had him do it. The other things I use daily, like makeup, I repack each morning after I use it. I just keep the bag on my bedside table so it's close and easy to do. That way I'm not going to forget something. Also, I bought cheap toothbrushes to toss after and packed the almost empty items like toothpaste and deodorant and just bought new ones of those that we're already using.
  • @runsomewhere Thats where I'm at too. I packed what I could, IE a couple baby outfits, a couple lactation bars, nursing scarf for visiting hours... but mainly it's just a list of the things I'll pack once I go into labor. It's nice knowing what I'll actually need this time, but you're totally right, it's all stuff you use on a daily basis. Buuut, I got an amazon GC for my birthday so I'm going to order a gown so I don't have to use the "swallow you whole Johnnies" and hospital socks that say "Keep Calm and Push" that I can pack. Things I didn't think about last time though-- PILLOWS AND BLANKETS FROM HOME FOR ME AND DH! 
    Micah      <3 10/2015
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I still haven't washed any baby stuff, that might be a good first step to accomplish this weekend. Also, good point about tossing a travel toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant in there, that's easy and important. I might keep some makeup essentials in a makeup bag so they are easy to grab when it's go time. DD was a scheduled induction at 41 weeks, I think that experience is making it hard to feel any sense of urgency. 

@d_marie_23 I love the socks! I didn't bring any bedding for anyone last time and I wasn't planning to this time. Does your hospital not provide that stuff or do you just prefer your own? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere They do, but it's all basically paper. DH is an insomniac and I am just a really terrible sleeper, so it was just way too hard on us immediately postpartum and they kept me there for 3 days after DS was born. I'm not taking any chances this time and making this as easy as possible, lol. 

Micah      <3 10/2015
  • One thing I was glad I packed last time was a real towel for when I took a shower!  And shampoo/conditioner - my hospital didn't have any of that.  

I also bought the extra deodorant, contact lens case, etc. and just packed that crap already.  I ended up buying 2 nursing gowns that I plan to wash and put in there for wearing in the PP room after delivery.  I was really uncomfortable in the hospital gowns when we had visitors last time.  I still don't have a coming home outfit, so I've got to figure something out soon.  Meanwhile I may just throw a random onesie in there just in case.
  • Speaking of drama. An old friend I dated in college just texted me. I didn't even have his number anymore. Says he's not in an ok place and asked if I have time to talk via text...he seems to be very depressed. How random is there? Really not sure this is a good idea to text him but I feel bad and want to help if I can.
  • @zande2016 I hope the work stress calms down soon!  

@carsonraynee I’m sorry the induction is moving slowly.  I hope they can get things moving for you!  Mag SUCKS so hopefully you don’t have to be on it too much longer!

@zombiehoohaa I think would go the animal control route and blame it on the vet as others said.  Drama or not those dogs deserve better and shouldn’t stay with him.  And I definitely wouldn’t be moving into a house with an aggressive dog.  I don’t have much tolerance for this guy from what you’ve told us.  I have a 31 yo brother who has been coddled and still lives with my mom so I’m team tough love and would tell him to get his crap together.

I had my 32 week appt today and growth scan and baby girl measured 4lbs. 11oz. which they said is 61st percentile. My fundal height measured 34 weeks lol.  I had a good convo with my MFM about induction vs. hoping to go into labor on my own and specific induction procedures.  I walked away from the appt feeling really good about things and I just love my MFM.  Now I need to just not develop pre-e and I’ll be happy lol.  As exciting as it is to be talking about delivery I’m definitely okay with at least another month with her on the inside.  We have a lot of home projects I want to get done before she arrives!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kissableviv ehh shady. I would point him in the right direction of a helpline or something that he can call to actually get help, but I don’t think I’d sign up to help an old flame through whatever darkness they’re wading through. That sounds like a lot of stress and potential for manipulation and bad endings. 
  • @hillbillywife, 100% .I told him to get back to his family and check himself into rehab. Looks like drug issues. So sad, but that stuff scares me so I'm pulling myself out of the situation. I'll see if I can send him addresses of any rehab centers in his town he can maybe reach out too. 
    I spoke with a common friend who told me he owes her money and he hasn't reached out to her/her husband in a couple of years so it sounds like bad news. Just sad because we were all very close back in college. Addiction is a bi*** :(
  • @Sarafuss yay for a successful appointment! I'm on my way to mine now. Precious US too! Love those baby profiles.
  • @MichelleAG05 ugh i jinxed myself - had to get a cervical check today because I've had some weird discharge and contractions so she figured she'd take a look.  God those swabs hurt when you are pregnant :'( already having minor contractions...

Shocked to report DS is head down and super low - my kids just love to prove me wrong.  I was convinced DD would come early and I was convinced this one would stay breech.  DH has been talking/singing to him super low and he's been flipping out so maybe that actually does work! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Regarding the hospital bag talks I packed some toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairties, Bobby pins, chapstick, travel size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Then also some socks with grippies, underwear, and nursing bras. We travel a lot so all my toiletries are items I keep in a small hygiene bag instead of having to repack everything every time we travel which is normally once a month. The clothing items I was able to pack already because I don't wear the socks often, won't need the nursing bras until I deliver since sports bras are all that's holding me in right now, and I had the big underwear from when I had my son that is special for post partum. 
    I would recommend buying the cheap stuff to have on hand now in case your sent over to L&D from an appointment. It's helpful to not have to worry about it last minute
  • @carsonraynee we are thinking of you, and hope your labor progresses soon!
  • I remember with both kids that the 36 week cervical check was very painful but the ones after that were painless. The first time I thought it was the OB's technique (a guy I hadn't met yet but who ultimately delivered DD). But with DS, it hurt just as much with my regular OB who is usually super gentle. Regardless, I'm looking forward to knowing where I am at 36 weeks (in 3 weeks) just to compare. I'd been dilated to about 3cm at that point with both my previous pregnancies. I never had spotting or cramping after the checks, either. The only thing that did anything was the membrane sweep OB did for DS at 39 weeks--that put me in labor overnight.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @kissableviv good call on getting out of that situation. So sad though.

The pain today is unreal. My legs almost gave out when I got up from the couch earlier. I don't think I'm having contractions but just a dont of stomach pain. I can't tell if it is just from baby movement or what but ugh so not fun. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 my OB said last week that baby trying to lay in weird positions can make the Ute super angry. Hopefully that’s all it is! All the aches and pains are starting to get old!