July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 5/28

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/28

• Options
    So much to catch up on and I've only been MIA for like, the middle of the day!

@zande2016 SOOOO glad everything calmed down and it wasn't pre-E. I was worried we'd have our first baby when you hadn't popped back on! Also great news about the hearing, that really helps with the stress I am sure!

@wildtot how lucky that there is a doctor's office near you with NIGHT appointments. That's amazing. Although I'm sure they go very fast. I hope they give you something to help him out!

@chaser61 that's great advice. I give DH such a hard time for being so nervous about this baby and being kind of a...well...baby about it. But his stress is valid to and he may show it in different ways than me, and I'm sure in my hormonal stress I hurt his feelings sometimes as well. I need to remember these things!

• Options
    @kbernal2021while my boys are younger (almost 5 and almost 3) we are seeing similar acting out from both of them.  We are currently having renos done on the house, getting the oldest ready to transition from daycare to kindergarten, and of course the baby coming.  While we're trying to be understanding of the fact that all of this come with big feelings that they don't understand or know what to do with yet, we are trying to be consistent with our expectations and follow through when those expectations aren't met.  It's tricky though, hugs in solidarity!  I just have to keep reminding myself that it is a phase and they will go back to being sweet boys once things are settled (and trying not to be terrified of the fact that we are adding a 3rd to the chaos!) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @kbernal2021 follow through on your discipline plan as explained to him. But you may also need to stop talking about the upcoming changes. Hearing all of it at once can be overwhelming for anyone, and he may not understand the reality of the timing. We learned this with our 4yo. Sometimes we get so excited about something new happening that we overwhelm her with information in hopes of prepping her and she shuts down.
    EtAdding: just remind him of the next change right before it happens, like a couple days before so he can be like, oh yeah, that's happening now.
    Also, changing schools, assuming he is typical, shouldn't be a big issue. I changed schools mid year so many times I can't barely keep track. I think I went to 3 different first grades in 3 different states in one school year! 

But also, did u say your 6yo son texted your Husband about the toilet seat? 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 so many big changes for you guys! It’s sounds like you’re doing a good job trying to keep on top of things. My son is 6. He was 3 when his sister was born. He didn’t really want anything to do with her and I think he has some resentment towards her nowadays. I didn’t do the best job making sure he felt special and loved after she was born. And I haven’t done a great job of it at any point since then either. I know a girl who every month on their “birthday” (like if they were born April 20th, then every month on the 20th) her kiddos get to choose something to do with mom or dad. A lot of times it isn’t anything super fancy or special, just some 1 on 1 time with their parent. I like that idea and would like to implement that with my older two after LO gets here. 

I think it’s good to keep an open dialog with the older kiddos too and talk about how their feeling about things. Which it also sounds like you’re doing just fine!

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 haha no sorry for the poor verbiage. My BIL text my husband about the toilet seat after we had already gotten home. No phone for him although he wishes he had one since a lot of his friends do.
    Also we don't bring up the changes often. Of course the baby is talked about pretty frequently but aside from her it's basically at my son's discretion unless something gets brought up about it via family or friends, renovations etc. We by no means hide it but we don't just talk about it constantly either.
    @KatyF0813 hugs to you as you guys transition as well. It probably doesn't help I'm an emotional hormonal mess and so all of the changes affecting him just make me want to curl up and cry.
    @hillbillywife I love that idea! My son and I have been having a "date night" just the two of us for a couple of years now. It's very special to us both and we plan to continue that after DD comes and things settle down. We always have just wanted him to be open with us because in all honesty it can be hard for a 6 year old sometimes.
  • Options
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I’ve had mono, which is really starting to get better, but I just found out today my bloodwork came back positive for CMV as well, which has the chance of crossing the placenta  :/ When I had the amnio done at 18weeks they tested the fluid for CMV bc the baby had a marker for it but it was negative. I don’t know much about it (need to see a doctor to have a “consult” within the next week) but I know it’s not good if the baby gets it. At this point I’m so tired of the ups and downs and just want her out if it’s going to effect her. It sucks knowing there’s nothing I can do about it and to also feel guilty at the same time that an infection I somehow got could get to her. Not sure if anyone else is familiar with CMV? 
  • Options
    @julianne0 I'm sorry for all you are dealing with. I have no experience with CMV but hoping at this late a date its not an issue for you. What a rollercoaster. Hugs to you and I hope your consult with the doc gives you answers and that they are comforting ones!

Also, I almost commented in Birth Announcements for a congrats but stopped myself...before we have another did we decide that we needed a separate "Birth Stories" thread or did we just want people to post it in Birth Announcements? 

I'm sore from spinning babies. Tried some belly mapping last night and its not that easy! I still have no idea where babe is. Maybe it will be easier after a few tries and an entire day of inversions and what have you, lol. 
  • Options
    Congrats @crabcake18!! @smashjam I am all for birth stories personally, gimme all the stories. 
  • Options
    @crabcake18 congrats mama!!! I’m glad the boys are doing well! 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @crabcake18 congratulations!!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited May 2018
    Highly recommend using nipple balm for dry skin (i used the Honest brand). After two nights of use with a bit of exfoliating last night my fave looks way better now! 

Eta, i was lurking around June thread and wow disappointed I missed some drama. Check out the recent closed threads if your interested. Hopefully we don’t get it on our board. 
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @crabcake18 congrats on the boys!! 
  • Options
    @crabcake18 congrats!!!  

@julianne0 I'm not familiar with CMV but it sounds like it's a good sign that the amnio was negative for it at 18 weeks.  Is it cause for getting baby out sooner rather than later?  I hope they can get you some answers soon.  Keep us posted!

Another +1 for a separate birth stories thread.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited May 2018
    I'm gonna post the birth stories thread now, and can edit to include whatever decision we have later, but are we allowing comments on the thread? Or just love tits? 

ETA: don't think I said it before but congrats @crabcake18! Glad all is well!
  • Options
    @SmashJam I think just love tits is best for both threads.  I like the idea of sending congrats or comments through the randoms thread.   
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow! @carsonraynee best of luck to you! Will be thinking of you today!!  

The party is starting mamas! I can’t even believe it!
  • Options
    @carsonraynee oh no! FX for a smooth induction and delivery and no NICU time! Good luck good luck!! 
  • Options
    Good luck @carsonraynee!!

Shit's getting real. 
  • Options
    Congrats @crabcake18!! Also thinking of you as you labor today @carsonraynee. After seeing one birth announcement and getting close to a second it's getting so real mama's! So glad to have spent this journey with all of you
  • Options
    Any STM+ experiencing extreme clinginess right now? Is this because he senses huge change is about to happen? My 20 month old will not leave my side when I'm around and its wearing on both my husband and I. My husband tries and tries to comfort him but if he knows I'm in the house he wails until I pick him up. It's getting to the point where I think I have to leave  the house at 5:50am before he gets up to avoid  the meltdowns. Also working from  home 2 days per week and we try to send him to my mom's when we can so it's easier for me to work, but that does not always work out logistically and on days when we are both home, working is impossible - every time I come downstairs to pee (all the time), it takes me 20 minutes to get back to my office because I have to slowly sneak away while he's distracted. I just don't know what to do anymore. There's probably nothing I can do, just curious if this is a normal phase he's going through, or if I'm working too much and he misses me, or if he can sense his life is about to be turned upside down, or what. Ugh it's just not helping the stress levels over here. 
  • Options
    @carsonraynee exciting!  I hope everything goes smoothly and no NICU time!  
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @carsonraynee Thinking of you! I will be sending good vibes your way for a safe and quick delivery with no complications! Please keep us posted as you can  :):)
  • Options

@zande2016 glad to hear everything is good!!

My DS is extremely clingy lately, he will be 3 in a few weeks and he wanted nothing to do with me a few months back, he was all about Dada, but now he wants to lay on my and sit in what's left of my lap all the time. I love it but I'm nervous for when LO gets here.

@crabcake18 congrats!!

• Options
    @crabcake18 congratulations!

Currently being induced for severe preeclampsia, just had the cervidil removed 2 hours ago and the next suppository is in now, not quite at 1 cm but came in at 0 so things are getting started (very slowly that is) the doctor thinks that LO won't need any NICU time other than maybe monitoring for an hour I'm 35 + 3 today. I'll update as I can!
    Good luck! Will be thinking of you
  • Options
    @crabcake18 congrats to you! As a fellow twin mom I am so happy to hear your boys are doing so well at 32 weeks! Just hit 35 weeks today and on high alert knowing the girls could come at any time. 

@carsonraynee good luck with your induction! 

@julianne0 I don’t know a ton about CMV in pregnancy but I work in pharma (commercialization not R&D) and for a time worked on an early stage CMV vaccine. I know it can be a scary opportunistic infection that primarily affects transplant patients (or I’m guessing anyone with a depressed immune system) so glad you and your doctors have identified it early and are on top of it! 

I’ve been more of a lurker than not on most threads recently but saying hi to you all now-can’t believe we are nearing the end and tomorrow is June (was always my goal to make it to June, one more day to go)! 
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @carsonraynee good luck today.

well, this mornings check-in and catch up after the busy week just reinforced that we are officially at the home stretch now. Scary. Exciting. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @devilcat139 @And846 Howwwww did we get here already!?!?!!?!

• Options
    And846 said:
    @carsonraynee good luck today.

well, this mornings check-in and catch up after the busy week just reinforced that we are officially at the home stretch now. Scary. Exciting. 
    My thoughts exactly! Need to finish that hospital bag soon!
    Congrats @crabcake18 so glad to hear everyone is doing ok!
    @carsonraynee good luck to you, I'm glad to hear NiCU time will be limited, can't wait to hear your story and sorry about the pre e!

@julianne0 so sorry to hear about the cmv I don't know much about it but I hope there's a good plan in place and it sounds like you're in good hands.

• Options
    @crabcake18 congrats! That’s so awesome that they’re here and doing great!  :)
  • Options
    @crabcake18 a huge congratulations to you, glad the babies are doing well

@carsonraynee thinking of you and sending you best wishes  <3

Also, why am I getting all teary eyes over July births starting  :'( 

@zande2016 I almost wish DD was a little more clingy with me now. Instead she got mad at me this morning because I wouldn't let her wear my shoes to preschool today then said "walk away mommy." I did finally get an I love you bye bye out of her before running out the door but I'm not impressed by my child's love for me today  :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 - So glad that you're home and baby is okay!  You can find that Tylenol + caffeine over-the-counter in Excedrin Tension Headache.  I live by that stuff when I get migraines! Don't get Excedrin Migraine because it has ibprofen in it. Also, re: your post about clinginess - DD's teachers told me this is 100% normal and is happening with every single kid whose mom is pregnant right now.

@babygagnon2018 - I just used a few of the different ones I googled on a shirt I bought from Target (only thing with a UPC code in reach).  This is the first one that actually brought the item up (hopefully it works for you): https://www.upcitemdb.com/

OMG @carsonraynee, good luck today!
    @crabcake18 - Congratulations!!!

I have a favor to ask:  if you're shopping and see any boys solid or mostly solid burgundy onesies, rompers, or pajamas can you tell me where you found them? TIA!
  • Options
    @carsonraynee good luck!! or, as someone said early in the month...happy pushing! :smile:

I'll edit for the love tits on the birth stories thread!

@zande2016 DS has been clingy when I leave. Luckily, he's basically always with me but all of a sudden if I go out without him and leave him here, or I leave him at MIL's (even if DH is there!) he has a meltdown. I was also guessing he senses change but maybe its just a 3 year old thing. 
  • Options
    @crabcake18 Congrats!!! 
    @carsonraynee You have got this mama good luck!

@kissableviv oh I know it is so funny! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Congrats @crabcake18 and thinking of you @carsonraynee!! 

Im sitting here in a work meeting tearing up at these announcements. Can’t beleive we’re so close to the end.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.